Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What date is our duel btw, I can't figure out how to search this new bus. Is it the 16th?
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Idiots.

The Green Party's own 68 page manifesto has literally no mention of Palestine or Israel until Page 66, which has this:

We support an immediate recognition of the
        State of Palestine and an end to arms trading
        with Israel, a ban on settlement goods, an end
        to the use of military detention for children
        and an end to the blockade and closure of Gaza

So this topic was literally the least important thing in their own manifesto.

Maybe they should stick to the stuff they themselves think is important. This would be like me negotiating a new contract and focussing on which type of tea would be in the vending machine. And not being a tea drinker.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Sunday Business Post front page has Coveney saying they'll probably have an agreement this week so ye are probably getting your powder damp over nothing.

Comment

I broadly support the Green Party position on Palestine.
              If they use it as an excuse to chicken out of bringing the green policies they put forward at the election into government I will never again put a number beside a Green Party candidate.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Isn't this Palestine thing a Fianna Fail bill anyway?

Comment

I love it when HJ goes off on one

Comment

HH explain your liimp thought process....

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Please do not assume any logic.

It was just a table where there was a few people in front who were perenially trying to outbid each other, so thought I'd limp and let them get at the bidding then I'd swoop in. It could very well be level 0 thinking. I was surprised with quite how light everyone was calling everything, but then - and this is the key bit - having the skills to outplay on the flop and subsequently.
                            At least you had a plan

Comment

I just watched the documentary Operation Odessa on Netflix. I can pretty much guarantee that everyone here will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                When we lost Jack90210 Trump's IPB base was severed in two.
                                ...Was this the guy who only referred to him as President Trump...

Comment

Family zoom table quiz earlier and its a symbol question. Wife whispers 'its salt'. I scribble down something. It gets to the answering part and I go "I decided to overrule [wife] who thought it was salt and go with H1N1 being bird flu'. Cue her going bright red and rushing away. It was a bit mean, but surely all part of the gentle ribbing assumed in the game? We haven't talked since so I can only speculate as to her opinion.
                                  Jaysus, the questions at our family zoom quizzes are generally something like : "how many legs does a dog have?".

We do okay at them, but don't always win.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

...Was this the guy who only referred to him as President Trump...
                                    That's the dude.

Pro life lad, wasn't fond of the wimmins

Comment

That's the dude.

Pro life lad, wasn't fond of the wimmins
                                      An absolute bellend

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                        I just watched the documentary Operation Odessa on Netflix. I can pretty much guarantee that everyone here will love it.
                                        Thank you. Perfect timing. Will launch it now.

Comment

Pardon the pun

Comment

Thank you. Perfect timing. Will launch it now.
                                            What was for dinner?
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What was for dinner?
                                              800m of Jelly . Brand Hector .

Comment

There's something ironic about my going to bed 90 mins late because I just spent that time setting up a new wristband with the intention of it tracking my sleep.

Comment

There's something ironic about my going to bed 90 mins late because I just spent that time setting up a new wristband with the intention of it tracking my sleep.
                                                  Operation Odessa was fun, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What was for dinner?
                                                    Had a lamb Rogan Josh except with chicken.

Comment

"Biggest protest ever, I know protests, no one has ever seen anything like this before. No one would have ever believed such a thing was possible."

pJ8noUW5F0t804vkVNAXHyEET3eVLQOdVvYpLPDUjDs.jpg?auto=webp&s=0d1d90ddb6d5df3976bc2c97602ade3432345165.jpg

Comment

When we lost Jack90210 Trump's IPB base was severed in two.
                                                        I think Jack was a bona fide supporter. I just find Trump such a funny and fascinating subject. Where else can you see it so strongly that everyone is watching their own tv show when it comes to reality, and that preconceived ideas matter far more than incoming information.

Comment

Had a lamb Rogan Josh except with chicken.
                                                          Had a chicken Madras with beef myself

airport, lol

Comment

Well now .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                              I blame Sinn Fein

Comment

Jk Rowling getting eaten alive by her own side on Twitter now, can’t be bothered reading about it
                                                                twitter was a mistake , nothing of. Slur would be lost if it disappeared

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                  Jk Rowling getting eaten alive by her own side on Twitter now, can’t be bothered reading about it
                                                                  Which side is that? Millionaire authors of popular children's fiction?
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                    You must be salivating at people finally starting to question the relationship with Facebook. Plenty of talk in that thread about decoupling from his services. That would mean a mass protest which would see people stop using Instagram, Facebook, and Whatsapp. I wonder if you could get a populist movement in that direction. It would certainly turn the tide in the balance of power and make many other companies nervous if inroads could be made in that direction. I think the next cool thing is generally driven by the tech community and filters out to a wider audience so I certainly think it is possible if you create a movement that is planned properly and has the right people involved to give it visibility.
                                                                    Last edited by Opr; 07-06-20, 13:17.

Comment

The replies in this thread are cracking me up.

So the original post is about privacy and how we are all fucked. VPN's don't work. They track everything etc.

So the conversation goes

Originally posted by Person1
                                                                      I'm sure I'm not alone here in wanting to learn how to reliably, and within reasonable means, limit or entirely eliminate our digital footprint. Preferably in layman's terms.
                                                                      Originally posted by Person2
                                                                      Every couple years you should close all your bank accounts and email accounts and move without providing a forwarding address. Once at the new address, set up new everythings and don't reference anything from before.

Oh, and never, ever use credit.

Might not be bad to legally change your name every few years, as well.

So basically, we're screwed.
                                                                      They would almost certainly follow you based off who you interacted with
                                                                      So cut all interactions. It's not easy, but if it's a person's priority, it can be done.
                                                                      Any sort of payment getting back in or account tied back would ruin it however
                                                                      Totally. You have to be thorough.

I once ran from the IRS long enough to get nearly 20k wiped as it was past their statute of limitations. They would catch up to me and I would disappear. It was a repetitive process. Sometimes I'd make payments for a couple months while I got things in order and then I'd disappear again. Dragged that out for over a decade and finally received a letter stating my debt was no longer collectible.

These days I stay on top of my stuff and don't let things escalate, but back in the day I was pretty bent on sticking it to them whenever possible.

Same theories apply now, it's just even harder with increased technological data mining capabilities.
                                                                      being on the run constantly for nearly a decade for 20k seems a little unnecessary
                                                                      Last edited by Opr; 07-06-20, 14:13. Reason: Wrong Link

Comment

Comment

Ireland vs Holland 01 World Cup qualifier on RTE 2 there. How did we win matches with Staunton at the back?
                                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

A bad day for Raoul with statues of his beloved psychopath being threatened even in their homeland. This video of a non-Churchill event:

Excellent stuff that’s the kind of protesting I can get behind , hopefully the vandalism of the fat psychopath war criminals statues spreads

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                              Ireland vs Holland 01 World Cup qualifier on RTE 2 there. How did we win matches with Staunton at the back?
                                                                              He was gone 3 years before that. Skip to 1.00m in clip below, he had been done about half a dozen times like this in this match already and they were targeting him all game. We were roaring at McCarthy to get Carr on and switch Irwin to LB. Then they finally take advantage of his ball watching ineptness and score. So McCarhy hauls off Irwin after the goal

If interested in international matches (usually from 80s-90s), you can also check my bloghttp://soccernostalgia.blogspot.com/I not only provide lineups/goals...

Comment

A bad day for Raoul with statues of his beloved psychopath being threatened even in their homeland. This video of a non-Churchill event:

Edward who?

Comment

Did you see Shannon Airports cameo?
                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Edward who?
                                                                                    Colston, medium sized slaver one of hundreds of whose deep inhumanity the wealth that Britain continues to thrive on was built.
                                                                                    His statue has been a sore spot in Bristol for decades, one time I was there there was quite a big protest going on trying to have it removed they ended up compromising with the pearl clutchers that want to celebrate the evil their prosperity is built on by changing the plaque to read:

Edward Colston (1636–1721), MP for Bristol (1710–1713), was one of this city's greatest benefactors. He supported and endowed schools, almshouses, hospitals and churches in Bristol, London and elsewhere. Many of his charitable foundations continue. This statue was erected in 1895 to commemorate his philanthropy. A significant proportion of Colston's wealth came from investments in slave trading, sugar and other slave-produced goods. As an official of the Royal African Company from 1680 to 1692, he was also involved in the transportation of approximately 84,000 enslaved African men, women and young children, of whom 19,000 died on voyages from West Africa to the Caribbean and the Americas.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Family zoom table quiz earlier and its a symbol question. Wife whispers 'its salt'. I scribble down something. It gets to the answering part and I go "I decided to overrule [wife] who thought it was salt and go with H1N1 being bird flu'. Cue her going bright red and rushing away. It was a bit mean, but surely all part of the gentle ribbing assumed in the game? We haven't talked since so I can only speculate as to her opinion.
                                                                                      Had this one last night. How many bones does a shark have? Instantly I'm like it's zero, they are all cartilage. Then the young lad pipes up want about those big shark jaw bones they have in natural history museums and shit.Got me thinking. We went with 2, upper and lower jaw bones. Lost the fcuking quiz by a point.

And another thing, how the fcuk is the Maltese Cross, not on the Maltese flag.
                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Colston, medium sized slaver one of hundreds of whose deep inhumanity the wealth that Britain continues to thrive on was built.
                                                                                        His statue has been a sore spot in Bristol for decades, one time I was there there was quite a big protest going on trying to have it removed they ended up compromising with the pearl clutchers that want to celebrate the evil their prosperity is built on by changing the plaque to read:
                                                                                        Surprised it was still up tbh.

I see Robert E has got the chop too. Probably more significant than Edward Who.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I don't by the way agree that Colston was a bad person (having only heard of him, like nearly everyone else in the world, today). Slavery was just a standard trade of his day. It's just that they shouldn't have a statue of him when people clearly don't want it.
                                                                                              Problem solved!

The whole area of memorialisation is a very interesting one: it says a lot about countries and societies i.e. who, what and, most importantly, how they choose to publicly remember.

Comment

And now Leopold! (widely viewed by most Belgians I've met, when it comes up, as a bit of a dick.

Apropos of the Congolese-Belgian thing, if you ever wish to feel like a white chicken, an evening out in Matonge will do the job.

Comment

And now Leopold! (widely viewed by most Belgians I've met, when it comes up, as a bit of a dick.

A bit of dick?

Comment

...

Comment

The Belgians tend to hold themselves back (except when raping and pillaging Congo)
                                                                                                      Most European nations don't have much to shout about in that regard.

The Irish made up a disproportionately large percentage of the British Imperial Army. And were enthusiastic slave-drivers in the West Indian sugar plantations....food for thought.

I guess we're smart enough not to put up statues celebrating this.

Comment

Most European nations don't have much to shout about in that regard.

The Irish made up a disproportionately large percentage of the British Imperial Army. And were enthusiastic slave-drivers in the West Indian sugar plantations....food for thought.

I guess we're smart enough not to put up statues celebrating this.
                                                                                                        Had the IRA to take care of the hangover ones from the Brits

Comment

I'd expect a huge step-up by the UK police/courts now. The Bristol incident has already been condemned by the Somerset police, Home Sec Patel, and PM Johnson has referenced it indirectly on twitter.
                                                                                                          It seems a relatively minor thing for Patel to be commenting on, but presumably a decision has been made that the protests stop here. A dispersal order is in effect in Westminster tonight

If I remember correctly from the London riots of 2011 they had people arrested, charged, found guilty by the magistrate and sent to jail within the space of 72 hours.
                                                                                                          I wouldn't be surprised at a similar approach this week.
                                                                                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 07-06-20, 21:46.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            I'd expect a huge step-up by the UK police/courts now. The Bristol incident has already been condemned by the Somerset police, Home Sec Patel, and PM Johnson has referenced it indirectly on twitter.
                                                                                                            It seems a relatively minor thing for Patel to be commenting on, but presumably a decision has been made that the protests stop here. A dispersal order is in effect in central order.

If I remember correctly from the London riots of 2011 they had people arrested, charged, found guilty by the magistrate and sent to jail within the space of 72 hours.
                                                                                                            I wouldn't be surprised at a similar approach this week.
                                                                                                            Need to dominate them . Tear gas them. People forget statues get used / shit on every day . . Pigeons life matter .

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Sitting in the Dark Watching Sky arts . The Wall. Great gig in lansdowne road from that tour. Bike gang from the US were beside us . All highly charged with emotion. I've never been THAT Passionate about any band . However the gig was a tad emotional for me too I guess .

Comment

That Wogan statue is 500m from my house and is as gas in real life as it appears to be in pictures. I have it in my head for some reason that Wogan was a prick despite having no real sense of whether it's true or not...?

The Richard Harris statue is pretty cool except for the fact that it's only about four foot tall so makes him look like the king of the dwarves.

ie248-2.jpg
                                                                                                                    Attached Files

Comment

this is something new
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What are they planning on replacing it with?

Problem solved!

The whole area of memorialisation is a very interesting one: it says a lot about countries and societies i.e. who, what and, most importantly, how they choose to publicly remember.
                                                                                                                        It's rarely the "people" that get to pick the statues.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X