Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opr View Post
    I just turned it on after seeing your post. He just won another huge one to be down now less than a buyin. This is incredible.

Opr
    Wow....back in the green!

Comment

No fucking way. Unreal, some legit work in the lab obv. Fucking insane bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Wow....back in the green!
        Just crazy stuff. Veni didn't seem to be in a great place when he took the break before this session. I wonder will we see him ask for a move after this session. His head must be melted. Up almost a milly, plus wins the side bet to this point is just insane considering how quickly it has turned.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
          Nice one

SPOILER

1. Andorra
          Armenia
          Argentina
          Antigua and Barbuda
          Angola
          Albania
          Algeria

2. Pass

3. Angelou
          Pass
          Archer
          Austin
          Alcott
          Can’t think

4. Anna

5. Adams
          Anderson
          Armstrong

6. ABBA
          Pass
          Aqua
          Pass
          Arctic Monkeys

7. Aberdeen

8. Pass
          Abraham
          Anthony
          Andrew
          Arthur
          Andrew
          Alec

9. Animals
          Atlantic
          Agnieta and Annie
          Association
          American agency

10. A
          At
          And
          As
          All
          Any
          Are
          Am
          34/50

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            SPOILER

1. algeria, austria, albania, austrailia, argentina, albania, andorra, angola and Antigua and Barbuda.
            3. LITTLE WOMEN Louisa May Alcott, THE HANDMAID’S TALE margeret atwood
            4. Angela
            5. OLYMPIC BOXING GOLD MEDALLIST AND SPICE GIRL - nicola adams
            WORLD DARTS CHAMPION FAMOUS FOR WEARING A RED SWIMSUIT - anderson? know nothing about darts but do know boobs
            DRUG CHEAT AND QUIZ SHOW HOST- armstrong
            6. TAKE A CHANCE ON ME (1978) - abba
            WHOLE AGAIN (2000) - atomic kitten
            DOCTOR JONES (1998) - aqua
            KILLER (1990) - adamski & seal
            I BET YOU LOOK GOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR (2005) - arctic monkeys
            7. Armagh, Aberdeen.
            8. BONAR LAW - Andrew
            LINCOLN - Abraham
            EDEN - Anthony
            JACKSON - Andrew
            BALFOUR - Arthur
            JOHNSON - Alexander lol
            DOUGLAS-HOME - Alec / Alexander
            9. RSPCA - Animals
            NATO - Atlantic
            ABBA - Anni-Frid, agnetha
            THE FA - Association? Assuming that is a football thing
            NASA - Aeronautics, administration

10. a, an, and, about, after, at, as, all, also, any, are - that's 11 so I'll leave off the last two.

39/50

Comment

Tar, still only 8 countries as you have one in twice m8

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                I see this a bit, but we dont really know anything about the virus yet. It seems to have wildly different symptoms for lots of people, so not by extension but is there is a chance there is different 'strains' or can you get it more than once, and if you do, maybe it's worse etc etc etc?
                I'm not qualified to speak about potential mutations or multiple infections but here is an article suggesting that it is not mutating rapidly.

I see lots of qualified people stating that antibody tests are close to being available and that they should be effective.

I hope that you feel better soon.

Comment

Can't believe all passing on Number 2
                  SPOILER
                  Acorn Antiques, the original soap spoof with Victoria Wood and Julie Walters. Pfft, kids.

I'll let ye handle the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    Tar, still only 8 countries as you have one in twice m8
                    SPOILER
                    fs, armenia

I didn't even notice everything started with A for ages sigh, need to sleep.
                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-04-20, 18:00.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      Do you have a high res version of this?
                      I do not
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                            I think you're just starting to understand the scale of the problem we have with sources of truth. Shit be whacked yo.
                            Oh no, I'm very well versed in this.

I can be more cynical than Strewel and PSV put together

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                              Thinking about signing up to Amazon Prime for tv/movies, for those of you who use it do you find it good? Much content on it? How many user profiles can you setup?
                              Have prime a while, I ended up having to sideload a prime video app as my account simply refused to work with the default app.
                              I got it primarily cause I was fielding multiple calls a day from family how to make other streaming apps work.
                              So worth it. Content wise, it's no Netflix but grand I guess
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

If the infection criteria we've been fed since day 1 is true (15 min at <2m), and as far as I know they haven't revised it yet, then people walking on the beach or around Glendalough is harmless. I think the whole thing is being stoked by social media and as Leo said this morning they'll act on medical advice and not what's trending on Twitter.
                                A prestigious scientific panel told the White House Wednesday night that research shows coronavirus can be spread not just by sneezes or coughs, but also just by talking, or possibly even just breathing.

A prestigious scientific panel told the White House Wednesday night that research shows coronavirus can be spread not just by sneezes or coughs, but also just by talking, or possibly even just breathing.

"While the current [coronavirus] specific research is limited, the results of available studies are consistent with aerosolization of virus from normal breathing," according to the letter, written by Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences.

Fineberg told CNN that he will wear start wearing a mask when he goes to the grocery store.

Comment

I think there will be a fairly broad reduction in house prices in Ireland, at least 10%-15%, can't see anything else. As Tar mentioned, lower rents *do* impact house prices, and unless tourism bounces back, the country floods with Brazilian students again and we avoid recession and associated job losses, where foreign workers head back to faraway shores, I see rents declining significantly. They were already as high as the market could take, so much so that most of the 'high end' built-to-rent apartments in the city were empty!

Comment

House prices were already stalling / falling before the virus so dont see why that would change

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                      Nice one

SPOILER

1. Andorra
                                      Armenia
                                      Argentina
                                      Antigua and Barbuda
                                      Angola
                                      Albania
                                      Algeria

2. Pass

3. Angelou
                                      Pass
                                      Archer
                                      Austin
                                      Alcott
                                      Can’t think

4. Anna

5. Adams
                                      Anderson
                                      Armstrong

6. ABBA
                                      Pass
                                      Aqua
                                      Pass
                                      Arctic Monkeys

7. Aberdeen

8. Pass
                                      Abraham
                                      Anthony
                                      Andrew
                                      Arthur
                                      Andrew
                                      Alec

9. Animals
                                      Atlantic
                                      Agnieta and Annie
                                      Association
                                      American agency

10. A
                                      At
                                      And
                                      As
                                      All
                                      Any
                                      Are
                                      Am
                                      Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      I wouldn't have got
                                      SPOILER
                                      Antigua
                                      but how do you not get
                                      SPOILER
                                      Australia, Austria
                                      ?
                                      SPOILER

1. algeria, austria, albania, austrailia, argentina, albania, andorra, angola and Antigua and Barbuda.
                                      3. LITTLE WOMEN Louisa May Alcott, THE HANDMAID’S TALE margeret atwood
                                      4. Angela
                                      5. OLYMPIC BOXING GOLD MEDALLIST AND SPICE GIRL - nicola adams
                                      WORLD DARTS CHAMPION FAMOUS FOR WEARING A RED SWIMSUIT - anderson? know nothing about darts but do know boobs
                                      DRUG CHEAT AND QUIZ SHOW HOST- armstrong
                                      6. TAKE A CHANCE ON ME (1978) - abba
                                      WHOLE AGAIN (2000) - atomic kitten
                                      DOCTOR JONES (1998) - aqua
                                      KILLER (1990) - adamski & seal
                                      I BET YOU LOOK GOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR (2005) - arctic monkeys
                                      7. Armagh, Aberdeen.
                                      8. BONAR LAW - Andrew
                                      LINCOLN - Abraham
                                      EDEN - Anthony
                                      JACKSON - Andrew
                                      BALFOUR - Arthur
                                      JOHNSON - Alexander lol
                                      DOUGLAS-HOME - Alec / Alexander
                                      9. RSPCA - Animals
                                      NATO - Atlantic
                                      ABBA - Anni-Frid, agnetha
                                      THE FA - Association? Assuming that is a football thing
                                      NASA - Aeronautics, administration

10. a, an, and, about, after, at, as, all, also, any, are - that's 11 so I'll leave off the last two.

Answers

SPOILER
                                      AUSTRALIA, ARMENIA, AUSTRIA, ARGENTINA, ANTIGUA & BARBUDA, ANDORRA, ALBANIA, ALGERIA and*ANGOLA

ACORN ANTIQUES

ANGELOU, ATWOOD, ARCHER, AUSTEN, ALLCOTT and*ADAMS

ANGELA

ADAMS*(Nicola and Victoria), ANDERSON (Gary/Bob and Pamela) and*ARMSTRONG*(Lance and Alexander)

ABBA, ATOMIC KITTEN, AQUA, ADAMSKI and*ARCTIC MONKEYS

ABERDEEN and ARMAGH

ANDREW, ABRAHAM, ANTHONY, ANDREW, ARTHUR, ANDREW and*ALEC

ANIMALS, ATLANTIC, AGNETHA*ANNI-FRID, ASSOCIATION and AERONAUTICS ADMINISTRATION

AND, A, AS, AT, AN, ALL, ABOUT, ALSO and*ANY

Comment

Did others try their White Hag order?

The duo was the only pack remaining and it's an easy win for Phantom > Little Fawn. The latter is too fruity, almost a little sour. The former is nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

The duo was the only pack remaining and it's an easy win for Phantom > Little Fawn. The latter is too fruity, almost a little sour. The former is nice though.
                                          Just opened first can now. Little Fawn...don't love it.

Comment

McSavage doing his RaoulD impersonation

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Just opened first can now. Little Fawn...don't love it.
                                              I don't mind the little fawn but it is a session beer.
                                              The hazy is just fucking delicious

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqEP...ature=emb_logo
                                                He's not wrong.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So we're leveraging the German machine and getting them to process some tests for us. Love the adaptability

UK will follow us surely....

Comment

Suppose it was inevitable but a figure of a million corona cases seem momentous.

I did post this 10 days or so back - it's going to be horrendous:

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Surely the real fear is not the first world, but rather the third world where you have vast city-slums, little to no health care infrastructure and social distancing will be virtually unenforcable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                      Oh no, I'm very well versed in this.

I can be more cynical than Strewel and PSV put together
                                                      Strewel is the opposite of a cynic. That's why he gets so angry.

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Yeah ordered on Tuesday night. DPD had it scheduled for delivery this morning but it never arrived. Better by tomorrow.

Comment

He's an insufferably unfunny cunt.
                                                            Not a fan of McSavage either

Comment

Are we obliged to drink daily now?

Never mind recommended to, obliged to?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Yes.

Was hoping to keep it to Friday and Saturday like usual but have had a drink every day this week. Fuck it.

Comment

Yes.

My White Hag order arrived yesterday. It's the atlantean, the faun and an Irish IPA. They're all a bit tangy for my palette but I find once you have one or two the next one or two are fairly pleasant.

Comment

Fountains of Wayne's Adam Schlesinger dead at 52 from coronavirus.

He left us with this all-time pop classic... teenage dreams so hard to beat.

REMASTERED IN HD!Official video of Fountains of Wayne performing Stacy's Mom from the album Welcome Interstate Managers. Buy It Here: http://smarturl.it/u4l6...

Comment

I was always very partial to Mexican Wine

Comment

Chilean for me this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          One of the most underrated movies IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG4K5mX7jgk
                                                                          Our little one learned to swim out at Popeye Village. Fab place to visit and weird to think that Robin William's walked the same place. You can watch the movie in the little cinema as well.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          Ohhh Keane. You'd never have fallen for that in your Werewolf days.
                                                                          Must be time for a game to kick off here?

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                          I signed up to Imagine a few months ago. It is a game changer in terms of rural broadband.
                                                                          Had it when we were back in Ireland, was great when we first got it, three mon ths later a complete pile of shite. Was glad to get to Eir who had upped their game in the area.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          Jesus, do none of ye read facebook. According too Karen from Tallaght der is no Corona 19 its all a coverup to get all d kidsn everyone locked away so dey can put up all d 5g masts to kill us all dat way and keep all d money. Wake up Sheeple
                                                                          Nah Dice, it is 5G that CAUSES Corona...
                                                                          A person I know from the UK, said her hubby had a map of where 5G masts were, and when you compared it to where the Corona was, it was a match!

I wanted to cry, how much stupid can you get in one post!

Comment

Taking Mondays off drinking so far. Was down to only 3-4 nights a week before this.

Comment

Little bit nervous of my booze stocks. Don't have a car so relying on online deliveries, of which there aren't exactly loads of slots....

Whiskey & Baileys as a combo?

Comment

An excellent choice imo.

Have you checked out any more specialist sellers? I'm thinking of trying out Foxs for my whiskey, as Tesco haven't any slots in the next three weeks. https://jamesfox.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                  Answers

SPOILER
                                                                                  AUSTRALIA, ARMENIA, AUSTRIA, ARGENTINA, ANTIGUA & BARBUDA, ANDORRA, ALBANIA, ALGERIA and*ANGOLA

ACORN ANTIQUES

ANGELOU, ATWOOD, ARCHER, AUSTEN, ALLCOTT and*ADAMS

ANGELA

ADAMS*(Nicola and Victoria), ANDERSON (Gary/Bob and Pamela) and*ARMSTRONG*(Lance and Alexander)

ABBA, ATOMIC KITTEN, AQUA, ADAMSKI and*ARCTIC MONKEYS

ABERDEEN and ARMAGH

ANDREW, ABRAHAM, ANTHONY, ANDREW, ARTHUR, ANDREW and*ALEC

ANIMALS, ATLANTIC, AGNETHA*ANNI-FRID, ASSOCIATION and AERONAUTICS ADMINISTRATION

AND, A, AS, AT, AN, ALL, ABOUT, ALSO and*ANY

I protest Johnson haha as Boris' real name is Alexander and fits too.
                                                                                  Looked up the A's and they are different than those answers slightly, there are 10 of them and all mine are in there. Surprised my 11th wasn't as well.

Count my score at 45 :P Rest I didnt have a notion tbh.

Comment

Anyone here willing to tutor in statistics? The missus is doing a business analytics springboard course at the moment. She's flying at the SQL and BI stuff but doesn't have a strong maths background.
                                                                                    Last edited by coillcam; 02-04-20, 21:10.

Comment

An excellent choice imo.

Have you checked out any more specialist sellers? I'm thinking of trying out Foxs for my whiskey, as Tesco haven't any slots in the next three weeks. https://jamesfox.ie/
                                                                                      I think for Ireland winelab.ie is a decent option.

Currently looking at https://www.bottleapostle.com/ for some reloading options. Have a pal with a Naked Wines account that can sort me out, but remember that 2/6 wines I had from there before were woejus, and I'm not a wine snob!

Is whiskey and baileys as a standalone with ice good to go?

Comment

Right bought that coffee grinder the other night. What else do i need for perfect coffee. Drip press was mentioned. Any reccs?

Comment

Little bit nervous of my booze stocks. Don't have a car so relying on online deliveries, of which there aren't exactly loads of slots....

Yeah it works with brandy as well

Comment

Yeah when i used to drink baileys I'd mix it with whiskey all the time. Now with bailey's almande I prefer it on it's own.

Comment

Is whiskey and baileys as a standalone with ice good to go?
                                                                                              I was hoping you'd tell us. Reminds me of the oul lad who worked in the lab in HB. He used to bring me in ocassionally to taste the various whiskey ice-creams he was working on. Really think he was on to something, though it was never going to fly in that company.

Comment

Just adding to previous comments on the white hag beers.

Atlantean and Phantom pretty much tied and excellent imo. Atlantean tastes slightly better due to higher abv but Phantom is so drinkable even at 4%. Little Fawn is grand but not near the previous two. The Talti saison curiously tastes like a sour or even even close to white wine. Herself drinks sours so she's getting the rest of them. Haven't tried the Bran & Sceolan IPA yet. Although I didnt get their Dark Druid pastry stout in this order I have one left from a previous purchase. Unreal beer, like combining baileys and stout. Might be a bit sickly sweet for some.

Comment

Feel like will be getting some quaratine inspiriation for some new-age Dolly Mixture cocktails in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    I don't mind the little fawn but it is a session beer.
                                                                                                    The hazy is just fucking delicious
                                                                                                    Tried that one just now. All I taste from any of them is just...not Sierra Nevada! Their Torpedo and Tropical Torpedo can't be beat imo.

Comment

Tried that one just now. All I taste from any of them is just...not Sierra Nevada! Their Torpedo and Tropical Torpedo can't be beat imo.
                                                                                                      Are Sierra Nevada delivering you crates for ~2 squids a can? No? Shurrup so
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

4 for €10 in Tesco though!

Comment

I protest Johnson haha as Boris' real name is Alexander and fits too.
                                                                                                          Looked up the A's and they are different than those answers slightly, there are 10 of them and all mine are in there. Surprised my 11th wasn't as well.

Count my score at 45 :P Rest I didnt have a notion tbh.
                                                                                                          Take it up with Richard Osman m8

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                            Right bought that coffee grinder the other night. What else do i need for perfect coffee. Drip press was mentioned. Any reccs?
                                                                                                            Aeropress, best value piece of kit on the market. You don't bother with anything else for the moment.

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone here willing to tutor in statistics? The missus is doing a business analytics springboard course at the moment. She's flying at the SQL and BI stuff but doesn't have a strong maths background.
                                                                                                            I got grinds off a mathematician guy and I believe he may have given grinds in statistics too.
                                                                                                            I'm not entirely sure but I'll root out his name. He's not cheap, approx 80p/h but he's very good.

I used here to find him: https://www.firsttutors.com/ireland/

If you have a sample paper, most will tell you whether they can cover the material.

Comment

Torpedo is top class stuff must take a trip to tesco

Comment

€80p/h?!?

I'll do grinds for that. Do you need to be sober?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                  Torpedo is top class stuff must take a trip to tesco
                                                                                                                  Think it's only the Tropical they have there. Just as good of not better though.

Comment

You can't beat a crisp sandwich. Soft white sliced pan. Plenty of butter. Ready salted my crisp of choice.
                                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                      You can't beat a crisp sandwich. Soft white sliced pan. Plenty of butter. Ready salted my crisp of choice.
                                                                                                                      Walkers too I suppose?!

Comment

Re: Shit eating and drinking:

Bought chocolate

Didn't like! Aldi chocolate used to be half decent I thought?

Bought craft cider... meh, alright but never been big on drinking at home tbh

Might go on a clean, odd drink now and again but make some use of the lockdown... seeing as last time I was in a similar situation (when I originally left England) my elbow & shoulder popped and I couldn't do shit

Will need a vice mind, for the Sanity Clause... hows the poker going?

Comment

€80p/h?!?

I'll do grinds for that. Do you need to be sober?

Now, he was easily the most expensive but when I sent him the exam paper he was the only one of four contacts who would take it on.
                                                                                                                          It was more specialised than it was difficult tbh.

I'd say you could do quite well tutoring uni level maths/statistics/physics.

Factor the sobriety into the price.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X