Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think I would have gotten one of the Mekong ones, should have got the other one. The one I wouldn't have gotten is because I didn't think it started that far in that direction.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

SPOILER
      What is the state capital of Tasmania?
      Hobart
      What mountain range spans the Polish-Slovakian border?
      Carpathians?
      What body of water separates mainland Canada and Newfoundland?
      St Lawarence strait
      Name the only two landlocked countries in South America.
      Paraguy and Bolivia
      What is the biggest island in the world?
      Greenland (In prefer Australia because WTF else is it )
      How many countries does the Mekong river flow through? (Extra point for naming them). China Laos Cambodia veitnam?
      What was Zambia previously known as?
      Nayasaland ... Some version of Nyasa being its original name previous colonial name was something like south rhodesia
      What is the longest river in Russia?
      Volga ?
      What is the highest capital city in the world?
      Quito
      What circle of latitude divided North and South Korea pre-1953?
      Want to say 48 but that must be too far north...
      40th ?
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Geography trivia.

How many countries does the Mekong river flow through? (Extra point for naming them).
        SPOILER
        hobart

Uruguay and Paraguay
        Australia
        China, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, myanmar
        Belgian congo

La Paz (2nd choice Kathmandu)
        Volga?

Comment

Breaking wind

Comment

This must be a fake tweet

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
              SPOILER
              1 Hobart
              2 No idea, feel like I should know this though
              3 Gulf of St Lawrence
              4 Bolivia & Peru?
              5 Australia
              6 Definitely 5 in Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia and Burma but think it may actually start in China so 6
              7 No idea
              8 Tigres?
              9 Lima?
              10 52nd or 53rd - can't remember which. I'll go 52nd. Should really know if from watching M*A*S*H*
              3.5/10

Peru is famous for its seafood.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                SPOILER
                Hobart
                Carpathians?
                St Lawarence strait
                Paraguy and Bolivia
                Greenland (In prefer Australia because WTF else is it )
                How many countries does the Mekong river flow through? (Extra point for naming them). China Laos Cambodia veitnam?
                Nayasaland ... Some version of Nyasa being its original name previous colonial name was something like south rhodesia
                Volga ?
                Quito
                Want to say 48 but that must be too far north...
                40th ?
                3/10

Close on a few of the others

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  SPOILER
                  hobart

Uruguay and Paraguay
                  Australia
                  China, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, myanmar
                  Belgian congo

La Paz (2nd choice Kathmandu)
                  Volga?
                  3/10

Belgian Congo is The Congo. Where they drink Um Bongo.

Comment

So tomorrow some changes, are gonna have to be made. I'm thrown in bed all day last few days eating and won't even mention the amount of drinking I'm doing

So if I go for a walk 2kms and back to my house which is 4km... Can I turn around and do same again. Also can Mia come or is it just me

Otherwise I'm gonna need a liver transplant shortly or stab someone in this house
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Geography trivia answers

SPOILER
                      What is the state capital of Tasmania? Hobart
                      What mountain range spans the Polish-Slovakian border? Tatras
                      What body of water separates mainland Canada and Newfoundland? Gulf of St Lawrence
                      Name the only two landlocked countries in South America. Paraguay and Bolivia
                      What is the biggest island in the world? Greenland
                      How many countries does the Mekong river flow through? (Extra point for naming them). 6 - China, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam
                      What was Zambia previously known as? Northern Rhodesia
                      What is the longest river in Russia? The Lena
                      What is the highest capital city in the world? La Paz, Bolivia
                      What circle of latitude divided North and South Korea pre-1953? The 38th

Comment

Geography trivia.

How many countries does the Mekong river flow through? (Extra point for naming them).
                        SPOILER

1. Hobart
                        2. Dunno
                        3. Labrador Sea
                        4. Bolivia and Paraguay
                        5. Ignoring Australia and Greenland: New Guinea
                        6. 4? China, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia
                        7. Should really know this. North Rhodesia?
                        8. Volga
                        9. La Paz
                        10. 38th Parallel

Comment

Rd3 quiz

SPOILER
                          Geography trivia.

What is the state capital of Tasmania? Hobart
                          What mountain range spans the Polish-Slovakian border? Carpathian
                          What body of water separates mainland Canada and Newfoundland? Newfoundland bay
                          Name the only two landlocked countries in South America. Paraguay , Bolivia
                          What is the biggest island in the world? Greenland
                          How many countries does the Mekong river flow through? (Extra point for naming them). 7
                          What was Zambia previously known as?northern Rhodesia

What is the longest river in Russia? Volga
                          What is the highest capital city in the world? La Paz
                          What circle of latitude divided North and South Korea pre-1953? 45th

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                            SPOILER

1. Hobart
                            2. Dunno
                            3. Labrador Sea
                            4. Bolivia and Paraguay
                            5. Ignoring Australia and Greenland: New Guinea
                            6. 4? China, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia
                            7. Should really know this. North Rhodesia?
                            8. Volga
                            9. La Paz
                            10. 38th Parallel
                            Takes the lead with a staggering 5/10!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Zoom trad session going on at home and with the family across the world but the Dog has to have his little song too

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

17 entries so far in the latest sheep comp. Entries accepted until 9am Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                    Go back and read what you wrote. At least have the balls to own it.

You said fuck the 20000 that were projected to die because the country voted for Boris and his ilk in the last election. It was more of a pro Brexit vote, than a Tory vote, in any case.

If Bojo condemned the Irish in a similar fashion, or Trump the Chinese, they would be rightly branded xenophobic.

But, you know, haters gonna hate, right?
                                    I've owned what I said multiple times. I have a low opinion of the British electorate and their repeated votes against their own interest for decades makes it hard to continue sympathising for their ever declining wealth, services, infrastructure and social protections. That's it.
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I've gone from never using zoom to I couldn't live without it in the space of about 7 days.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                        I've owned what I said multiple times. I have a low opinion of the British electorate and their repeated votes against their own interest for decades makes it hard to continue sympathising for their ever declining wealth, services, infrastructure and social protections. That's it.
                                        Declining wealth?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          I've gone from never using zoom to I couldn't live without it in the space of about 7 days.
                                          We (mega bank) use it for all meetings now.

Comment

Looking to buy a coffee grinder, this one takes my eye Any other suggestions?

Opr

Comment

Declining wealth?

Yeah their job stats are really good too.
                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

FFS everyone wants to be out now that we are asked not to be, How is this any worse than the lads pilling into the pubs at the start of this... We are being asked nicely I might add to not go out if possible... if you have to go out and exercise only up to 2km from your house... its a limit not a target

Now the whole flipping country is getting into it, are we really mind weak... O I cant do something so now I want to do it.

It is not going to kill anyone not to go running, cycling etc for a couple of weeks lads lets be honest... so Don't have a bit of control

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                  Looking to buy a coffee grinder, this one takes my eye Any other suggestions?

Opr
                                                  I have that one, works well minimum dose borders on the large side but ok for me.
                                                  Can tend to leave a bit more dust lying about but there's a trick to putting your finger over the hole and tapping the receptacle as you take it out.

No brainer at that price

Comment

Some turnaround for Phil Galfond. "Only" down 150k now

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                      It is not going to kill anyone not to go running, cycling etc for a couple of weeks lads lets be honest... so Don't have a bit of control
                                                      We need a term for this cruel error of piling on too late when we have already piled on and are actively awaiting the next targets. Afterpiling? Maybe have a separate thread like the aftertiming one for this kind of thing?

Comment

FFS everyone wants to be out now that we are asked not to be, How is this any worse than the lads pilling into the pubs at the start of this... We are being asked nicely I might add to not go out if possible... if you have to go out and exercise only up to 2km from your house... its a limit not a target

Now the whole flipping country is getting into it, are we really mind weak... O I cant do something so now I want to do it.

I'm off work 3 weeks so I have severe cabin fever all along I got up at 7.30 went to work came home a few jobs. Tv bed etc

24 hours is, a long day doing nothing. If I do walk 2 kms max. Shur I have to walk back like which is another 2 kms. I won't be walking around the town either.

One has to think of mental health here too. If the government said do not go out for exercise or a walk. I wouldn't. But they havent
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

FFS.

Believe it or not, you probably won't, but it's true. I can actually get sick if I suddenly stop running.

I'm doing the health service a favour by continuing to run.

Didn't do a run of shame today mind, the first Sunday I haven't ran in months. Was 'supposed' to do 14 miles.

Getting up at the crack to get some incognito miles in, hope nobody steps in my sweat.
                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

2km limit is a load of bollox. You're not going to spread the disease going for a fucking walk in the country. Bunch of pearl clutching arseholes.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              2km limit is a load of bollox. You're not going to spread the disease going for a fucking walk in the country. Bunch of pearl clutching arseholes.
                                                              In fairness, the 2km limit is sound, stops gimps treating it like a bank holiday weekend, and also limits cross community spread. But yeah, you're not gonna catch it off some prick that jogs past you.

Comment

Trump finally seeing some sense. Now talking about June 1st as an aspirational date that they might be able to start lifting restrictions. They seem to have scared the shit out of him with model data.

Opr

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Nah, I don't agree. Any country has the power to change these growth rates at any point in their epidemic. Given they have that power, scaling it by population just lets some countries get away with doing a woeful job. It's not pre-ordained that there will be an even population-weighted outcome.

And deaths per million is particularly bad - nearly all of US cases have come in the last week and it takes 2-3 weeks for deaths from those to follow through. While Italy is at the other end of its peak. So you are comparing very time-dependent things with death rates.

Raw number of cases seems the best metric. The higher the worse.
                                                                    Germany has 60,659 cases and 482 deaths, first case 26th Jan.
                                                                    France has 40,174 cases and 2,606 deaths, first case 23rd Jan.

Which country would you say is coping better with the crisis based on these numbers?
                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

If FG had pulled out all the stops like this to treat the homeless crisis they'd still be in power
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I've noticed that Louise O'Reilly and Pearse Doherty in particular just can't help themselves with a little snipe when on the airwaves. O'Reilly yesterday in particular came up with some nasty little soundbite about the arrival of that PPE shipment today 'not being an opportunity for photo ops'.

FF by comparison are taking their tone from Mehole who is very much going down the 'what's best for the country' route. He is a failed politician with an appalling record but I think he does have a smidgen of integrity in there somewhere deep down. Still can't forgive him going out to bat for Bertie though!

I was listening to the same radio programme and when O'reilly came out with that soundbite, when she said "when the plane lands in Dublin Airport, its not the time for photo opps. The ppe equipment must be rushed out around the country immediately"
                                                                              I remember thinking where the fcuk did that come out of. Is it so hard to say fair play on the current government for organizing not only this Aer Lingus plane full of ppe gear, but also a further 10 Aer Lingus flights full of the same arriving in the next few days.

i presume, with every country short of ppe gear at the moment, somebody in the current government deserves huge praise for being able to source that amount of gear in such a short time amidst what I presume is huge competition for the same gear globally.

Comment

In for a bit of a brag to say I won an Irish Open Poker ticket tonight for a $17.60 investment. One upside to this lockdown as I had pretty much not played online poker in years.

It really does seem like 2010 again.
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Jaysus. Who would have thought HSE could be so reactive. Would make you somewhat wonder if the regular lethargy of hospitals is fully the blame of HSE and whether trade unions acting the bollix plays a role. Don't mean it for serious discussion, but you would wonder.

Friend was flown back to singapore by her government, is staying at a class hotel with free meals for 14 days in isolation before they let her into the country proper, quite enjoying it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hitchhiker's Guide To...;1125207]Jaysus. Who would have thought HSE could be so reactive. Would make you somewhat wonder whether trade unions acting the bollix plays a role[/I][/B].

Got it in one there Hitch. At the start of this crisis there was a news report that Unions were refusing to cooperate in changing work practices without compensation. Quietly dropped from any news coverage before that morning was out when some slightly smarter than the rest of the union heads realised.

Comment

I'm not sure what your point is, so don't know whether to argue one way or another. So I'll just give what I think is the answer.

Germany mainly has an outbreak of young people and France mainly has an outbreak in elderly areas. So the death rates aren't comparable.

The reason is the German outbreak was mainly young skiers returning from Italy and then mingling with other young people. While in France the outbreak has brought to holiday areas in France during the school vacation. And those holiday areas are mainly elderly.

Can see it in Brittany. About 20 cases in young Rennes, and, I think, close to a thousand in Morbihan which is just old people outside of the summer. The second biggest breakout zone in France - close in breakout size to Paris - is quite a tiny elderly area popular with holiday makers.

Germany doesn't really have that elderly outbreak yet as there's quite limited young people to old people contact in life in general so there hasn't been the transmission.

Didn't really get the point of your question though so maybe you meant something different.
                                                                                      Germany is old but it hasn't hit their elderly population the way in which it has in Italy, Spain & even Ireland. It seems they're testing 500k people a week so they're getting to more mild & asymptomatic cases earlier.

Another underappreciated element is population density, Germany doesn't have densely populated cities.
                                                                                      Munich is the most densely populated and closely resembles Dublin, ranked around 30th. 12k people per sq mile.

Spain on the other hand has 8 cities ranked ahead of that which contains 20% of their population. Barcelona for example, 1.6m ppopulation with 41k people per sq mile.
                                                                                      Italy doesn't appear as bad but their 3 most densely populated cities are Naples, Milan & Turin.

Old, densely populated regions are those most at risk, they just don't quite exist in Germany so unlikely to deal with the same as Spain/Italy.
                                                                                      Thankfully they don't exist in Ireland either.

Comment

Turd Ferguson's Merch: https://teespring.com/stores/im-not-norm10%off on all merch. Use the code RAINFollow sparkleforesst on Instagram: https://www.instagra...
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Yeah their job stats are really good too.
                                                                                          If you have statistics that suggest your case, then please post them by all means and we can debate. Otherwise, if you're resorting to Trumpian levels of argument by emoji, then there's not much help for you.

Comment

Jaysus. Who would have thought HSE could be so reactive. Would make you somewhat wonder if the regular lethargy of hospitals is fully the blame of HSE and whether trade unions acting the bollix plays a role. Don't mean it for serious discussion, but you would wonder.
                                                                                            As per the HSE manager that I live with when I put this question to her:

"people don't want to change"

and the unions fight change to the death accordingly. That is the primary reason.

Comment

Discovered a homeless guy sleeping in the old stables at the back of my property this morning.

He doesn't show any signs of drug use etc, just a standard down on his luck for. Says he's an alcoholic.

Was apparently sleeping in a tent locally and the Gardai moved him on but arranged for a hostel bed.
                                                                                              He left after one night, said it was eight people on bunks in one room and figured that with all the coughing he'd catch something plus woke up to one lad searching under his pillow for valuables.

My instincts say he's sound but I'm effectively losing access to the garden which feels petty when I say it out loud.

What's my play?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                We need a term for this cruel error of piling on too late when we have already piled on and are actively awaiting the next targets. Afterpiling? Maybe have a separate thread like the aftertiming one for this kind of thing?
                                                                                                My post was more spurred on By SatNav's Post

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                I'm off work 3 weeks so I have severe cabin fever all along I got up at 7.30 went to work came home a few jobs. Tv bed etc

24 hours is, a long day doing nothing. If I do walk 2 kms max. Shur I have to walk back like which is another 2 kms. I won't be walking around the town either.

One has to think of mental health here too. If the government said do not go out for exercise or a walk. I wouldn't. But they havent
                                                                                                The Reason they don't tell you NOT to do something is because of this very point... the min your not allowed to do it everyone would be out on the road

I am the last person to talk about mental health i know nothing about it... but to me it I know I would feel like Shit if i taught i brought the Virus into the house and something happened to someone... I would say that this would have a big impact on ones mental health.... Although I don't believe you can catch it out for a run if you are practicing social distancing etc Issue is how many people will practice correct social Distancing etc

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                Believe it or not, you probably won't, but it's true. I can actually get sick if I suddenly stop running.

I'm doing the health service a favour by continuing to run.

Didn't do a run of shame today mind, the first Sunday I haven't ran in months. Was 'supposed' to do 14 miles.

Getting up at the crack to get some incognito miles in, hope nobody steps in my sweat.
                                                                                                lol... i hating stepping in people's sweat... the only I hate more is the runner out in the road when these is a footpath and cycle track right beside the road!!

Can we do anything else... Anyone got a threadmill they are not using stick it out in the back garden etc

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                I F*cking hate living in the city for this very reason... I am seriously re-thinking our living arrangements after this is all over

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                In fairness, the 2km limit is sound, stops gimps treating it like a bank holiday weekend, and also limits cross community spread. But yeah, you're not gonna catch it off some prick that jogs past you.
                                                                                                Yeah sure look at all the people that taught... sure lets go to Howth... no one is going thave that Idea or out to Bray... people are thick

As per the HSE manager that I live with when I put this question to her:

"people don't want to change"

and the unions fight change to the death accordingly. That is the primary reason.
                                                                                                In what i do now I change a lot of businesses and there processes, I have lost my fate in people altogether... I always come up against this so what I do is take the person who is complaining the most and automate 60% of there work, then I take the person who is complaining a bit but not much and automate 40% of there job and then tell them in no uncertain terms i can automate the rest of there work no problem!

I know this isn't a great approach and the books say you should bring in all stake holders and make them feel part of the decision but this doesn't work a lot of the time!

People are the worst!!

In closing I think we are trying to make what is happening as normal as possible and we shouldn't this is not normal nothing about this normal and we need to make huge changes internationally and nationally... Also Global Warming guys!!

Comment

I'm not sure what your point is, so don't know whether to argue one way or another. So I'll just give what I think is the answer.

Germany mainly has an outbreak of young people and France mainly has an outbreak in elderly areas. So the death rates aren't comparable.

The reason is the German outbreak was mainly young skiers returning from Italy and then mingling with other young people. While in France the outbreak has brought to holiday areas in France during the school vacation. And those holiday areas are mainly elderly.

Can see it in Brittany. About 20 cases in young Rennes, and, I think, close to a thousand in Morbihan which is just old people outside of the summer. The second biggest breakout zone in France - close in breakout size to Paris - is quite a tiny elderly area popular with holiday makers.

Germany doesn't really have that elderly outbreak yet as there's quite limited young people to old people contact in life in general so there hasn't been the transmission.

Didn't really get the point of your question though so maybe you meant something different.
                                                                                                  Using total number of cases is a poor metric to quickly compare how various countries strategies are working, without taking into account other demographics. The original animated graph presented the US as failing because of their growing number of cases relative to other countries.

Using total cases, you really can't compare large counties to small countries. Extensive testing is good but it will uncover more cases which you suggest reflects poorly on the country.

As few deaths as possible is the end game. Yes, this figure will change over time, but the dust settles, deaths per million is a much better quick metric for comparison between countries.

Cases per million is better metric than total cases.

US 431

Italy 1616
                                                                                                  Spain 1713
                                                                                                  Germany 745
                                                                                                  France 615
                                                                                                  UK 288
                                                                                                  Netherlands 634
                                                                                                  Belgium 935

Ireland 530

A comparison between the US, UK and Ireland is now valid, based on cases. How are we doing?
                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

it's coming..3 weeks 'lockdown' now in Spain and we're not allowed out even for exercise. You can go to the nearest shop to you and that's it. Even medical appointments are only for emergencies, you can't just go to the GP on spec.

It's been extended now until April 12th at the earliest but to be honest I think it will be extended again, there's been no slowdown yet of cases or deaths.

I wouldn't say I'm quite at the point of cracking open skulls and feasting yet...but it wouldn't take much
                                                                                                    Last edited by Iago; 30-03-20, 09:01.
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

It's Kayroo I feel sorry for.

Comment

Using total number of cases is a poor metric to quickly compare how various countries strategies are working, without taking into account other demographics. The original animated graph presented the US as failing because of their growing number of cases relative to other countries.

Using total cases, you really can't compare large counties to small countries. Extensive testing is good but it will uncover more cases which you suggest reflects poorly on the country.

As few deaths as possible is the end game. Yes, this figure will change over time, but the dust settles, deaths per million is a much better quick metric for comparison between countries.

US 431

Italy 1616
                                                                                                        Spain 1713
                                                                                                        Germany 745
                                                                                                        France 615
                                                                                                        UK 288
                                                                                                        Netherlands 634
                                                                                                        Belgium 935

Ireland 530

A comparison between the US, UK and Ireland is now valid, based on cases. How are we doing?
                                                                                                        Personally, I think the best indication of a country's ability regarding testing & infection rates is the "positivity rate".

You see SK now sporting a dropping positivity rate, currently down at 2.5% now. This indicates that their testing protocols have penetrated quite far into the population. They have tested far more mild cases and since they've gone below I believe 2.8%, their closed cases have exceeded new cases.

Our last check was 7%, you could have a guess at ours having tested 33k people with our confirmed cases in the past week but SK explicitly distinguish between tests "conducted" and "concluded".
                                                                                                        We're slower with results so I don't want to speculate based on those numbers but intuitively in light of the priority testing you'd imagine it's gone up a tad.

If we can get our positivity rate down to 3% or below in the coming weeks, it will be the best indicator that we're beating back the disease. If we do that and don't exceed the ICU capacity, we've effectively won.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                          Listened to an interview with him a couple of months back. Comes across like he's just really really dumb, not in a jokey way either, as in he'd probably struggle to explain the plot of a Disney movie
                                                                                                          Love this as a description

Comment

Have had to draft some staff in to work.

One of my clients is a large reit, private landlord.

I emailed them this morning to say we couldn't manufacture blinds for one of their projects, and we'll pause things until restrictions are lifted.

They called me to say they're handing over 50x new apartments to the HSE for front line staff who have returned from abroad. We need to kit out their bedrooms at least with blackout blinds.

Will likely need to convince a few guards that window blinds are, in this case, essential.

Won't really be much for me that I can't do at home though.

Comment

If you have statistics that suggest your case, then please post them by all means and we can debate. Otherwise, if you're resorting to Trumpian levels of argument by emoji, then there's not much help for you.
                                                                                                              I don’t care to get into facetious arguing with cherrypicked graphs. The Telegraph spent the entire Brexit debate referencing high levels of employment, but you know what the counter argument to that is.

You’re obviously a very smart and experienced person. I know you’re not going to try and tell me that a decade of conservative government has delivered people in the U.K. better prospects, right? So I don’t really see what the point is.

Comment

Geography trivia.

SPOILER

1. Hobart
                                                                                                                4. Bolivia, Paraguay
                                                                                                                5. Highly debatable. Greenland is the largest Island nation. Some suggest that Australia is a continent, however mainland is a separate landmass to other islands in the continent.
                                                                                                                7. Rhodesia
                                                                                                                9. Kathmandu

Comment

US 431

Italy 1616
                                                                                                                  Spain 1713
                                                                                                                  Germany 745
                                                                                                                  France 615
                                                                                                                  UK 288
                                                                                                                  Netherlands 634
                                                                                                                  Belgium 935

Ireland 530

The U.K. are actively trying not to test. We were actively trying to test and hopefully we will get back to more widespread testing when our capacity increases.

I’d say compare mortality rates as an ultimate indicator of how nations managed the curve but the U.K. are actively fudging the numbers there too.

You can’t trust statistics from rogue states like the U.K., making comparisons in the way we would like to compare impossible. And on a general level with this crisis I think the data all over the place is lacking. Most countries are not testing enough and too many countries have reacted too late to facilitate best practice public health reactions.

=======

As an aside, from what I’m hearing on the grapevine, there is going to be a lot of noise coming from health care workers on the frontline this week in London to anyone who will listen (probably Channel 4 and the Guardian). The situation is getting seriously out of hand in a way official stats are deliberately trying to play down.

Comment

I don’t care to get into facetious arguing with cherrypicked graphs. The Telegraph spent the entire Brexit debate referencing high levels of employment, but you know what the counter argument to that is.

You’re obviously a very smart and experienced person. I know you’re not going to try and tell me that a decade of conservative government has delivered people in the U.K. better prospects, right? So I don’t really see what the point is.
                                                                                                                    The point, sir, is that you said wealth has declined in the UK. It has not - it has gone up over the last few decades (as it has pretty much everywhere). That is not fake news, it is a fact.

So, leaving aside that the current UK government, and indeed the preceding one have been historically dreadful governments - which I fully accept - let's maybe base our arguments on actual facts. Otherwise we're just Facebook ranters.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                      It's Kayroo I feel sorry for.
                                                                                                                      He's married to a ballerina. Shell keep him on his toes

I'll get me coat.

This ol 2km cycling is terrible by the time I have the feet in the footstraps I have to get back off the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        SPOILER

1. Hobart
                                                                                                                        4. Bolivia, Paraguay
                                                                                                                        5. Highly debatable. Greenland is the largest Island nation. Some suggest that Australia is a continent, however mainland is a separate landmass to other islands in the continent.
                                                                                                                        7. Rhodesia
                                                                                                                        9. Kathmandu
                                                                                                                        2/10

Comment

The point, sir, is that you said wealth has declined in the UK. It has not - it has gone up over the last few decades (as it has pretty much everywhere). That is not fake news, it is a fact.

So, leaving aside that the current UK government, and indeed the preceding one have been historically dreadful governments - which I fully accept - let's maybe base our arguments on actual facts. Otherwise we're just Facebook ranters.

That is all.
                                                                                                                          Historically dreadful - completely agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X