Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info. Logged on tonight hoping to get an order to be delivered by Friday evening. Living in South Dublin, it seems only craft central or the Headline bar can do that which is mental

Good shout, Des with the DOT box. Good value and good beers there.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Busy trivia:

1. World's busiest airport?
      2. World's busiest shipping port?
      3. World's busiest metro system?
      4. World's busiest bridge? (Most vehicle journeys over it)
      5. World's busiest museum?

I got 1/5.

This was pretty much made for me...

SPOILER
      Atlanta
      Shanghai
      Tokyo
      George Washington - New York
      The Louvre

Comment

Anyone using a physio these days. Wondering if /how I can get treated .

Comment

Originally posted by Des View Post
          jaysis WW is fairly hit and miss

8 degrees isn't craft since they are part-owned by Pernod
          I'd be a big fan of the WW Sorachi Red which I think was since re-branded recently. Nothing else stands out for me on their lineup but each to their own.

Didn't know about 8 degrees actually. Hard to keep track of what is or isn't "craft" these days for a regular punter or even bar staff. O'Hara's are part owned by Estrella Galicia for a while too. I recall recently chatting to a guy who wouldn't drink Sierra Nevada as it was "crafty enough" or Founders as they were scummy .

Comment

You know you've gone down an internet rabbit hole when you google 'Bob Hawke sculling beer'.
            In the past hour I have put on the full Argentina South Korea match from WC '86, lasted a few mins then watched Maradona highlights from '86 instead. Then the best Undertaker ring entrances from Wrestlemanias.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Sierra Nevada mastered beer. No need to look beyond them imo.
              They make good beer alright, but that's the equivalent of enjoying a good steak and saying - well that's it for me, I don't need to try any other meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                If you have health insurance there's sometimes a physio helpline you can call for free advice. Not sure how the service may be staffed at present or if it would be useful in your case. Hope its not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  They make good beer alright, but that's the equivalent of enjoying a good steak and saying - well that's it for me, I don't need to try any other meat.
                  I do get a slagging from friends for picking and sticking but I've tried hundreds of beers and always drawn back to them. Everything they make is grear.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    In the past hour I have put on the full Argentina South Korea match from WC '86, lasted a few mins then watched Maradona highlights from '86 instead. Then the best Undertaker ring entrances from Wrestlemanias.
                    Fair play. The Official WC '86 Movie - Hero, is wonderful. Michael Caine, Rick Wakeman and the beautiful game, although putting the boot in was still a big feature at the time. So well directed.

I remember crying after watching Brazil lose to France in penos on RTE.

Available on Amazon Prime if you have it. So well directed.

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DTTrailersPresented for curio's sake, here is the 30 second spot for strange documentary 'Hero' A film which runs d...
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                      Don't think its viable at the moment, I'm in the middle of a program of treatment for what was an extremely painful frozen shoulder and we've had to postpone it for now.
                      Also in need of a physio massage for a little niggle that might stop me running if I don't get on top of it but thats not going to happen for another few weeks I expect
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

In terms of football documentaries, if you want one a little different, watch Next Goal Wins.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                          Anyone watching Nationwide(Irish in NY). Did you notice how that freak holds a pen?

SPOILER
                          Citóg, probably taught themselves like that because couldn't see what they were writing otherwise.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Testing everyone was leading to delays in people who may need urgent medical intervention getting a test because of capacity issues. Priority has now been introduced to fix that until more capacity can be delivered. What's the issue?
                            Was stated on Prime Time tonight the restrictions will be scaled back once testing capacity ramps up further. This situation is fluid and can change daily according to need & capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              I remember crying after watching Brazil lose to France in penos on RTE.
                              I think I did too. That Brazil team were a thing of great beauty.

Btw I see Ronaldinho is in a jail in Paraguay for trying to enter the country with a fake passport. He scored and assisted many goals in a prison football match in a tournament where the prize was a roast pig.

A far cry from the day the Real Madrid fans gave him a standing ovation at the Bernabeu the time he was head and shoulders above everyone on a pitch that included Ronaldo (original), Messi, Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Robinho, Beckham, Raul.

👍 The Day Ronaldinho Destroyed Real Madrid of Ronaldo Phenomenon ⚽🔥👍 IF YOU LIKE SOCCER JOIN THE CHANNEL: https://goo.gl/bhZX1O

Does anyone remember the Barca team led by Hagi, Stoichkov, and Romario?
                              Last edited by hotspur; 26-03-20, 00:06.

Comment

Have a bit of fondness for innis and gunn
                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Citóg, probably taught themselves like that because couldn't see what they were writing otherwise.
                                    I grip is strangely also as a citog. Problem is smearing the ink with the side if the hand. Biros a nightmare.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Busy trivia:
                                        1. World's busiest airport?
                                        2. World's busiest shipping port?
                                        3. World's busiest metro system?
                                        4. World's busiest bridge? (Most vehicle journeys over it)
                                        5. World's busiest museum?

I got 1/5.
                                        SPOILER
                                        atlanta
                                        singapore?
                                        mexico city?
                                        george washington bridge
                                        louve

Comment

Some random songs heard on local radio the last day or so. Really enjoy the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2-wL9EdNZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKptm9w1ZBU

Comment

I think I did too. That Brazil team were a thing of great beauty.

Btw I see Ronaldinho is in a jail in Paraguay for trying to enter the country with a fake passport. He scored and assisted many goals in a prison football match in a tournament where the prize was a roast pig.

A far cry from the day the Real Madrid fans gave him a standing ovation at the Bernabeu the time he was head and shoulders above everyone on a pitch that included Ronaldo (original), Messi, Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Robinho, Beckham, Raul.

👍 The Day Ronaldinho Destroyed Real Madrid of Ronaldo Phenomenon ⚽🔥👍 IF YOU LIKE SOCCER JOIN THE CHANNEL: https://goo.gl/bhZX1O

fun fact brazilians dont need passports to go to paraguay.

Comment

Williams said: “I called 999 because my wife was breathless, she was vomiting and she had pains in her stomach. As I was talking to them she was getting worse and they told me to put her on the floor and to make her body flat.”

When the paramedic arrived at 8.32am she carried out some tests, Williams said. “She told me the hospital won’t take her, she is not a priority. She did not stay very long and she went outside to write her report and posted it through the door.”

Williams said his wife’s condition deteriorated the next day. He ran her a bath in the morning and helped her to get dressed, before feeding her some soup. After taking a short rest himself, he went into the front room where she had been resting to find his wife slumped head down. “She was already dead,” he said.
                                              Sad times. Some 21 year old died there that had mild asthma.

Friend over there is trying to get their kid seen by a GP, 8 week list, won't even test them, have to be dying there to get a look in.
                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-03-20, 01:24.

Comment

Alan Partridge should be proud

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Laz, your sister(?) Should complain about the headline and get it changed

Prodigy???

He doesn't need that shit following him!

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I remember Milan ripping them a new one in the 94 Champions League Final.

Comment

Sierra Nevada mastered beer. No need to look beyond them imo.
                                                        I thought that too.

Then I saw the Kinnegar light.

No beer comes close to Rustbucket Rye.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I do get a slagging from friends for picking and sticking but I've tried hundreds of beers and always drawn back to them. Everything they make is grear.
                                                          Those otra vez are miracle hangover cures.

German heavyweights augestenier and tegenseers still tops beers for me though
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                            I thought that too.

Then I saw the Kinnegar light.

No beer comes close to Rustbucket Rye.
                                                            Scraggy Bay is great too

Listen, Zuutroy is right - Sierra Nevada is phenomenal stuff with a comprehensive and interesting range. But there's lots of good stuff going on in Ireland the last half decade and you're supporting local business by sampling widely and sampling often.
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I got your coffee. We begin brewing tomorrow. They did get deducted one point for using the strangest kind of envelope which scattered this strange asbestos-style crap everywhere when opened.
                                                              Let us know what you think!

Hipsters love a birra complicated packaging
                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I saw OPR and Flushdraw talk a bit about the Phil Galfond challenege on here. I got a market up for it if anyone had interest in betting it. Can be found here
                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Don't think its viable at the moment, I'm in the middle of a program of treatment for what was an extremely painful frozen shoulder and we've had to postpone it for now.
                                                                  Also in need of a physio massage for a little niggle that might stop me running if I don't get on top of it but thats not going to happen for another few weeks I expect
                                                                  @Solks too.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

This guy is one of the best free resources you will get online at present. He does lots of online consultations so his delivery online is great. I've moved away from all the older school(not that old) mobility stuff to following this guy and the reduction in pain is ridiculous.

I've had one face to face consultation, he's pricey but worth it, lasted approx 2 hours. Well worth watching his stuff and trying it. It feels a little unconventional at first, big emphasis on breathing and the ribcage but the results are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                    This was pretty much made for me...

SPOILER
                                                                    Atlanta
                                                                    Shanghai
                                                                    Tokyo
                                                                    George Washington - New York
                                                                    The Louvre
                                                                    We have a winner!
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                      I saw OPR and Flushdraw talk a bit about the Phil Galfond challenege on here. I got a market up for it if anyone had interest in betting it. Can be found here
                                                                      Funds aren't protected there right? Given the year they've had and coronavirus revenue hits I wouldn't be putting a cent near them right now.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        1. Dubai
                                                                        2. Dubai
                                                                        3. Tokyo
                                                                        4. oh busiest - so probably not a china one. One linking New York to New Jersey?
                                                                        5. Louvre
                                                                        2/5

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          atlanta
                                                                          singapore?
                                                                          mexico city?
                                                                          george washington bridge
                                                                          louve
                                                                          3/5

Comment

For those of us missing da mudder.a reshare

Poem To Me Mudder

When me prayers were poorly said,
                                                                            Who tucked me in me widdle bed,
                                                                            And spanked me till me butt was red ?
                                                                            Me Mudder.

Who took me from me cozy cot
                                                                            And put me on me ice cold pot
                                                                            And made me pee if I could not ?
                                                                            Me Mudder

And when the morning light would come
                                                                            And in me crib me dribble some
                                                                            Who wipe me widdle bum ?
                                                                            Me Mudder

Who would me hair so gently part
                                                                            And hug me gently to her heart
                                                                            And sometimes squeeze me till me fart ?
                                                                            Me Mudder

Who looked at me with eyebrows knit
                                                                            And nearly had a king size fit
                                                                            When in me Sunday pants me **** ?
                                                                            Me Mudder

When at night the bed did squeak
                                                                            Me raised me head to have a peek
                                                                            Who yelled at me to go to sleep
                                                                            Me Fadder

Comment

Biggest quiz
                                                                              1. Biggest city in the world? (population number)
                                                                              2. Biggest city in the world? (population density)
                                                                              3. Biggest waterfall in the world? (volume of flow of water, dickheads)
                                                                              4. Biggest hotel in the world?
                                                                              5. Biggest casino in the world? (I got this wrong )
                                                                              6. Biggest state in the United States?
                                                                              7. Biggest forest in Europe?
                                                                              8. Biggest political party in the world? (number of members)
                                                                              9. Biggest consuming country of alcohol? (per capita)
                                                                              10. Biggest life expectancy per country?

Go bigly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                Funds aren't protected there right? Given the year they've had and coronavirus revenue hits I wouldn't be putting a cent near them right now.
                                                                                I am happy to vouch for your funds if your worried But correct, it is currently as per the GC Not Protected.
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                                                                                  fun fact brazilians dont need passports to go to paraguay.
                                                                                  Ronaldinho and his idiot brother/manager had their Brazilian passports pulled in the first place due to non-payment of environmental fines that ran into the millions. The dodgy passport he had was actually Paraguayan. The passport is a legal requirement to invest in certain business ventures. Once in a lifetime footballer for sure but the man is a clown and his brother even more so.

On a slightly related note I have a Brazilian mate originally from near the Paraguayan and Argentinian borders. He would occasionally drive to Paraguay to buy new tyres. For whatever reason it was significantly cheaper. On the way back the Brazilian traffic police would often inspect the tyres to see if there was duty to be paid on them and ask for a Brazilian proof of purchase. To combat this a lot of the of the Paraguayan garages would scuff, dirty and "age" the new tyres so the cops would let them pass.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                    Ronaldinho and his idiot brother/manager had their Brazilian passports pulled in the first place due to non-payment of environmental fines that ran into the millions. The dodgy passport he had was actually Paraguayan. The passport is a legal requirement to invest in certain business ventures. Once in a lifetime footballer for sure but the man is a clown and his brother even more so.

On a slightly related note I have a Brazilian mate originally from near the Paraguayan and Argentinian borders. He would occasionally drive to Paraguay to buy new tyres. For whatever reason it was significantly cheaper. On the way back the Brazilian traffic police would often inspect the tyres to see if there was duty to be paid on them and ask for a Brazilian proof of purchase. To combat this a lot of the of the Paraguayan garages would scuff, dirty and "age" the new tyres so the cops would let them pass.
                                                                                    The main industry of Paraguay is actually smuggling.

It is the one true and original bandit country. Accept no imitations.

Comment

Go bigly.
                                                                                      SPOILER

1. I look at this on wikipedia trying to figure out fairly regularly, I think biggest population is something like Chongqing in China but in reality most of the people considered to be living 'within the city' are pretty rural
                                                                                      2. Think this is Tokyo
                                                                                      3. Angel falls is the highest, most water maybe niagra?
                                                                                      4. Burj Khalifa?
                                                                                      5. Crowne in Melbourne maybe?
                                                                                      6. Alaska
                                                                                      7. Can't even name a forest in Europe New forest
                                                                                      8. Communist party in China?
                                                                                      9. Finland?
                                                                                      10. Japan?

Good questions, I don't think I've got many right.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                        SPOILER

1. I look at this on wikipedia trying to figure out fairly regularly, I think biggest population is something like Chongqing in China but in reality most of the people considered to be living 'within the city' are pretty rural
                                                                                        2. Think this is Tokyo
                                                                                        3. Angel falls is the highest, most water maybe niagra?
                                                                                        4. Burj Khalifa?
                                                                                        5. Crowne in Melbourne maybe?
                                                                                        6. Alaska
                                                                                        7. Can't even name a forest in Europe New forest
                                                                                        8. Communist party in China?
                                                                                        9. Finland?
                                                                                        10. Japan?

Good questions, I don't think I've got many right.
                                                                                        10% score. (no 6)

Comment

Go bigly.
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          1. Mexico City
                                                                                          2.Dhaka
                                                                                          3. Angel Falls
                                                                                          4. Jumeriah Dubai
                                                                                          5. Alaska
                                                                                          6. Crown Melbourne
                                                                                          7. Something in Germany. No idea
                                                                                          8. Nope
                                                                                          9. Australians. Pigs
                                                                                          10/. Sweden

Comment

10% score. (no 6)
                                                                                            #1 Depends how you define cities which makes it a tricky question to answer. Wikipedia has my answer for 'City Proper'. Other answers for metropolitan area & urban area.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                              1. Mexico City
                                                                                              2.Dhaka
                                                                                              3. Angel Falls
                                                                                              4. Jumeriah Dubai
                                                                                              5. Alaska
                                                                                              6. Crown Melbourne
                                                                                              7. Something in Germany. No idea
                                                                                              8. Nope
                                                                                              9. Australians. Pigs
                                                                                              10/. Sweden
                                                                                              10%

Comment

Go bigly.
                                                                                                Will be happy if I even get a few on this list.
                                                                                                SPOILER

Mexico City
                                                                                                Tokyo
                                                                                                Angel Falls
                                                                                                Vegas or Dubai but I'd guess the MGM
                                                                                                MGM again.
                                                                                                Alaska
                                                                                                Russia or German maybe the Black Forest
                                                                                                CCP
                                                                                                Finland
                                                                                                Norway

Comment

Go bigly.
                                                                                                  SPOILER

1. Beijing
                                                                                                  2. Not sure I understand the question, is it the most densely populated city in the world? Monaco
                                                                                                  3. Victoria Falls (I once spent four days in Vic Falls, a big party town, and never went out to see the waterfall)
                                                                                                  4. Dunno, Citywest
                                                                                                  5. Wynn Vegas
                                                                                                  6. Alaska
                                                                                                  7. Taiga Russia
                                                                                                  8. BJP India
                                                                                                  9. Czech Republic maybe
                                                                                                  10. Monaco

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                    Will be happy if I even get a few on this list.
                                                                                                    SPOILER

Mexico City
                                                                                                    Tokyo
                                                                                                    Angel Falls
                                                                                                    Vegas or Dubai but I'd guess the MGM
                                                                                                    MGM again.
                                                                                                    Alaska
                                                                                                    Russia or German maybe the Black Forest
                                                                                                    CCP
                                                                                                    Finland
                                                                                                    Norway
                                                                                                    1/10. Everyone gets the US state.

Comment

Go bigly.
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      mexico city
                                                                                                      tokyo
                                                                                                      victoria falls
                                                                                                      sun city
                                                                                                      sun city
                                                                                                      alaska
                                                                                                      cevennes
                                                                                                      communist party of china
                                                                                                      belarus (one of those anyway)
                                                                                                      sweden

Comment

Go bigly.
                                                                                                        [SPOILER]. 1 Tokyo.
                                                                                                        2. Hong Kong.
                                                                                                        3.Niagra falls.
                                                                                                        4 Hilton
                                                                                                        5 MGM Vegas
                                                                                                        6Alaska
                                                                                                        7 Black Forest ��
                                                                                                        8Chineses communist party.
                                                                                                        9.Czechs
                                                                                                        10.Japan

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          mexico city
                                                                                                          tokyo
                                                                                                          victoria falls
                                                                                                          sun city
                                                                                                          sun city
                                                                                                          alaska
                                                                                                          cevennes
                                                                                                          communist party of china
                                                                                                          belarus (one of those anyway)
                                                                                                          sweden

2/10

Shraap leaps into a commanding lead! (first person to get No 9 correct)

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                            I am happy to vouch for your funds if your worried But correct, it is currently as per the GC Not Protected.
                                                                                                            Have they got their license back in the UK yet

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                              SPOILER

1. Beijing
                                                                                                              2. Not sure I understand the question, is it the most densely populated city in the world? Monaco
                                                                                                              3. Victoria Falls (I once spent four days in Vic Falls, a big party town, and never went out to see the waterfall)
                                                                                                              4. Dunno, Citywest
                                                                                                              5. Wynn Vegas
                                                                                                              6. Alaska
                                                                                                              7. Taiga Russia
                                                                                                              8. BJP India
                                                                                                              9. Czech Republic maybe
                                                                                                              10. Monaco
                                                                                                              2/10

first person to get No 8, wp

Close with No 5 though in an onomatopoeic kind of way

Comment

2/10

Shraap leaps into a commanding lead! (first person to get No 9 correct)
                                                                                                                would 1 or 2 be
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                mumbai
                                                                                                                ?

Comment

Population density is no of people per square km

Can't wait for 6star to appear and start complaining.

Comment

would 1 or 2 be
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    mumbai
                                                                                                                    ?
                                                                                                                    Neither. At least according to my cursory Google search which says -

spoiler - all the answers within:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Biggest city in the world? (population number) A: Tokyo
                                                                                                                    Biggest city in the world? (population density) A: Manila
                                                                                                                    Biggest waterfall in the world? (volume of flow of water, dickheads) A: Inga Falls, Congo River. 46m litres per second
                                                                                                                    Biggest hotel in the world? A: First World Hotel, Malaysia
                                                                                                                    Biggest casino in the world? (I got this wrong ): Winstar, Oklahoma
                                                                                                                    Biggest state in the United States? A: Alaska
                                                                                                                    Biggest forest in Europe? A: Bialowieza, Belarus
                                                                                                                    Biggest political party in the world? (number of members) A: BJP, India
                                                                                                                    Biggest consuming country of alcohol? (per capita) A: Belarus
                                                                                                                    Biggest life expectancy per country? A: Hong Kong (per UNDP)

Comment

would 1 or 2 be
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      mumbai
                                                                                                                      ?
                                                                                                                      Apparently not

Comment

Neither. At least according to my cursory Google search which says -

spoiler - all the answers within:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Biggest city in the world? (population number) A: Tokyo
                                                                                                                        Biggest city in the world? (population density) A: Manila
                                                                                                                        Biggest waterfall in the world? (volume of flow of water, dickheads) A: Inga Falls, Congo River. 46m litres per second
                                                                                                                        Biggest hotel in the world? A: First World Hotel, Malaysia
                                                                                                                        Biggest casino in the world? (I got this wrong ): Winstar, Oklahoma
                                                                                                                        Biggest state in the United States? A: Alaska
                                                                                                                        Biggest forest in Europe? A: Bialowieza, Belarus
                                                                                                                        Biggest political party in the world? (number of members) A: BJP, India
                                                                                                                        Biggest consuming country of alcohol? (per capita) A: Belarus
                                                                                                                        Biggest life expectancy per country? A: Hong Kong (per UNDP)
                                                                                                                        Ah, steward's enquiry for 7 and 10. The UNDP doesn't show all countries (including my correct answer )

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          Have picked up a bottle of this.
                                                                                                                          Will consume and review in due course
                                                                                                                          pretty serviceable.
                                                                                                                          In fact, much better than a €5 has a right to be.

As an aside, I'm a whopper headache, hadn't drank in a month
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X