Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
    Cite evasion to use evasion is that Bar 101?

What’s the “real issue”? I think I answered it already the problem is blown out of proportion, it’s a nonsense article and the “chants” are harmless. Anything else? There was no whataboutery, it started as “if this happened in soccer imagine the pearl clutching”, I pointed out that it did. Anyway no doubt a long week for you, you’re allowed the odd faux pais.
    I did state clearly, more than once, that my actual issue was with the unjustifiable media coverage the Schools Cup gets. The stupidity in the stands isn’t really an issue at all, if fools want to rip up Donnybrook and pretend they’re more civilized than Bohs fans then let them. That’s not my issue.

@Theresa: comparably the Irish rugby set up isn’t better than soccer at anything other than making money. The international soccer team plays in a far deeper pool and against a far higher standard of competition and its best ever finish in a World Cup is the same as the rugby team who plays on a much smaller stage and at a much lower level.

The IRFU farm out development to schools mostly. That’s how the GAA used to do it. Academy system isn’t working other than Leinster who are decent to be fair.

Governing body is leagues ahead of soccer. Literally zero doubt. Not ahead of GAA though, I don’t think. Although that’s a better argument because there’s a lot to be said for both.
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Nothing says Valentine's Day like some Triple B's (Brian's Bombastic Burgers) & sweet potatoe fries, washed down by some nice Chateauneuf Du Pape (very classily decanted)

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

'Potato' you fucking heathen.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
          'Potato' you fucking heathen.
          The 'e' goes in when it's plural.

We had more than one potato frie so 'e' goes in, no?

Could be wrong, meh!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              You could easily be banished from the country for that. No, that's most definitely not the case!
              Whatever Frenchie!!!

Comment

You could have went with the safer 'spuds option but no you decided to risk it and in doing so disrespecting us all including shinners. Get the fk out of my country.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                  You could have went with the safer 'spuds option but no you decided to risk it and in doing so disrespecting us all including shinners. Get the fk out of my country.
                  Sweet spuds fries doesn't have the same ring to it.

I've booked a seat on the 6am ferry to Hollyhead tomorrow morning. I'd like to say it was nice knowing ya...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                    Sweet spuds fries doesn't have the same ring to it.

I've booked a seat on the 6am ferry to Hollyhead tomorrow morning. I'd like to say it was nice knowing ya...
                    Ah here I was joking. That's overreacting . Nobody should ever have to leave our shores again over Potatoes...oops

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Per O'Broin today:

SF 37
                      GP 12
                      SD 6
                      = 53

where do the other 13 come from? Labour have ruled out government. SPBP are lunatics (unless he is stretching the words 'broad and progressive' to breaking point).
                      ...Feel compelled to mention it is 55 not 53...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        I watched the first ten minutes of the new curb yesterday. Wasn't great. And I'm pretty sure he is recycling the New Year's joke before, doesn't really bode well when that's your opener.
                        'Don't bother calling Ted, we'll know about it if the plane crashes' had me in pain.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I like it, though not sure we'll be humming it in 30 years like Goldfinger or Live and Let Die.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

What a great story. Some of you runners might like it.

When it comes to Olympic level track and field events, history tends to only remember those who ran the fastest, jumped the farthest and pushed themselves further than their peers. Shizo Kanakuri is an apparent exception to that rule because he’s fondly remembered for having the worst official time of any Olympic marathon runner in history, taking over 54 years [...]

Comment

Perfect breakfast comedy

WARNING:THIS SHOW WAS PULLED FROM TV DUE TO ITS CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT MATTER. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Heil Honey I'm Home was a sitcom in 1990 about the fict...
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

That's a great story.

I see the lad that dropped dead's name was Lazaro. Fook. Better not cover meself in wax.

Comment

Fintan O'Toole with a good piece on the enigma that is Mary Lou:
                                  SPOILER

A few pieces like the Sean Russell commemoration and an Orange Order protest that seem a little odd, to put it kindly.
                                  Personally the very recent flip flopping on the border poll is a cause of frustration but hard to deny that her ability to rise through SF in such a short period given her background is quite incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                    SPOILER

A few pieces like the Sean Russell commemoration and an Orange Order protest that seem a little odd, to put it kindly.
                                    Personally the very recent flip flopping on the border poll is a cause of frustration but hard to deny that her ability to rise through SF in such a short period given her background is quite incredible.
                                    Behind a paywall?
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                      Behind a paywall?
                                      I had it free up until last year but I don't anymore. I think it's fine to see if you sign up to an account with them but don't pay.

Comment

Could be Big in Japan......

Daily and weekly updated statistics tracking the number of COVID-19 cases, recovered, and deaths. Historical data with cumulative charts, graphs, and updates.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Have not heard much talk of it but do people think the Olympics are at risk?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            Have not heard much talk of it but do people think the Olympics are at risk?
                                            yep. big risk at the moment. Already being discussed, but no decision taken obviously

Comment

Report on the radio said yesterday that they're planning to go ahead

Comment

It's great for Rory either way, another valid excuse not to play.

Comment

I was relieved when I paused Uncut Gems and saw there was another hour to go. Didn't feel pot committed into finishing it.

That's three new highly acclaimed movies in a row that I thought were terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    Report on the radio said yesterday that they're planning to go ahead
                                                    Early days yet.

Comment

Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-02-20, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        I was relieved when I paused Uncut Gems and saw there was another hour to go. Didn't feel pot committed into finishing it.

That's three new highly acclaimed movies in a row that I thought were terrible.

I think its waaaay overrated and I wasn't too enamoured with the ending. The missus wanted to bin it after 20 mins. Sandler is just immensely punchable but the rest of the cast is good.

Comment

One of the worst films I've seen recently and luckforsome recommended it as a fantastic film. Hes gone onto the satnav list of people to ignore about movies.

Comment

Uncut Gems was very good. Really impressed with Sandler's performance too.

Comment

One of the worst films I've seen recently and luckforsome recommended it as a fantastic film. Hes gone onto the satnav list of people to ignore about movies.
                                                              Put me on that ignore list as well then (although I probably am already ), as I thought it was great. A film that keeps making your anxiety levels creep up through the entirety of the movie and finishes so strongly is a winner in my book!

Comment

I thought it was shite too. Overboard with the frantic.

Comment

Normally I hate Sandler and pretty much everything he is in but I though Uncut Gems was great and he was excellent in it

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                    Uncut Gems was very good. Really impressed with Sandler's performance too.
                                                                    Yeah, I agree. Thought it was great. The tension and anxiety you feel watching the movie exactly mirrors the high-wire lunacy Howie is engaged in.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Uncut gems was good but felt it was just missing something. Not enough skulduggery or in the moment wheeling dealing and needed another side story perhaps. But Sandler was very good in it.

Comment

Didn't match the tension of shooter mcgavin blowing his big lead on the back 9 to Happy Gilmore.

Comment

Didn't match the tension of shooter mcgavin blowing his big lead on the back 9 to Happy Gilmore.
                                                                          Never seen it, just bits and pieces. Must watch

Comment

In these politically turbulent times, it's always good to have a lodestone, a north star, something you can cling onto and regard with certainty.

What else can aid you through this revolutionary period of upheaval than entering the 2020 IPB Cheltenham Tipping Competition. Go here for details, simply ship me €50 and await glory to descend upon you. Or, most likely, crushing disappointment. But you can console yourself by rubbing shoulders with giants. Literally so in the case of Dice.

Who can dethrone last year's emphatic winner, rounders123? It is whispered that he was running up remote mountains in the deepest recesses of Sligo all winter and, despite his lack of recent run, is bucking and lepping to be let jump a fence. The handicapper has raised him a full stone for his easy victory last year but will all that extra lead suffice to stop this most battle-hardened of stayers? Only one way to find out....

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                              SPOILER

Kinda adds to the general impression that she is a cipher

Comment

I was going to ask earlier for a Netflix recommendation for the evening, I guess it has to be Uncut Gems.

I started 2 series in recent weeks, The Outsider & The Stranger, the former fell by the wayside after 4 episodes, not really into horror and the latter is pretty intriguing so sticking with that for the moment.

Will report back with a very uneducated opinion on Uncut Gems later.

Comment

The Outsider started strong and was enjoying it up until it veered off down a road I didn't see coming and which held little interest for me so I ended up dropping it around the same episode.

Opr

Comment

Caroline flack found dead

That's very sad 40 yrs old.
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                      Caroline flack found dead

That's very sad 40 yrs old.
                                                                                      Sad me bollix. A domestic abuser. G'luck

Comment

Wow that's fuckin cold man!

Comment

Don't know much about her . What did she do ?

Comment

Think she presented love island at one point. Current court case pending for bating the head off her fella.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                              Wow that's fuckin cold man!
                                                                                              Meh, 1 I dont know her so dgaf, 2 I'd say the same if it was a man knocking a woman around that done away with himself

Comment

ah here. Come on now Dob.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Think she presented love island at one point. Current court case pending for bating the head off her fella.
                                                                                                  Yeah reading up there now. Bit harsh with yer condemnation imo. Suicide is dark and desperate. You really think that ?

Comment

She died

Comment

Yeah reading up there now. Bit harsh with yer condemnation imo. Suicide is dark and desperate. You really think that ?
                                                                                                      Obvs couldn't handle what was coming with the court case etc. She took the cowards way out instead of fronting up and taking her punishment in court. Feel more sorry for her victim that will never get justice

Comment

Not saying I don't deserve it but I'm obviously being trolled . Fair nuff. I dont care myself but she was hardly Maura Hindley

Comment

Doubling down on being a dickhead Dob. Nice one man.

People make mistakes, people act awfully.

Suicide is never the answer, and attitudes like your shitty one just confirm the 'no way out' feeling for people that do make mistakes, which leads to this.

Fuck you man.

And if you are trolling, good man. Hope you're stoked.

Comment

Fuck you man.

Ah, he's no Ari Shaffir

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Not that it should matter in a situation like this but the accuser is not the one pursuing the charge.
                                                                                                              He was actually acting a supporting witness for her.

Find it hard to believe anyone would think such a thing let alone say it on an online forum. Mind boggling tbh.

Comment

Doubling down on being a dickhead Dob. Nice one man.

People make mistakes, people act awfully.

Suicide is never the answer, and attitudes like your shitty one just confirm the 'no way out' feeling for people that do make mistakes, which leads to this.

Fuck you man.

Lol. Such irony in one post.

Comment

Speaking of suicide, Paul Kelly who was creaming off money from the suicide charity Console killed himself this week after the DPP charged him with multiple counts of fraud.

Comment

Caroline Louise Flack was an English radio and television presenter. She began her career as an actress, starring in Bo' Selecta! in 2002 and presented various ITV2 spin-off shows such as I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! NOW! from 2009 until 2010 and The Xtra Factor from 2011 until 2013

Beautiful looking girl, its very sad.

Surprised at you Dobby. Imagine her poor family. Press seemingly hounding her and obv under huge pressure. The bf sent her valentine wishes on insta it seems so I'd imagine the abuse wasn't horrific.

It's actually statements/abuse like that, that probably drove her to it in the end I'd imagine.

So sad that she actually had nobody to turn to.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by SatNav; 15-02-20, 19:40.
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Obvs couldn't handle what was coming with the court case etc. She took the cowards way out instead of fronting up and taking her punishment in court. Feel more sorry for her victim that will never get justice
                                                                                                                      Take a breath, sit back and really think about what you are saying Dobby.

Comment

Keyboard warriors like dobby should be ignored. Unfortunately not everyone is capable of that and it leads to shit like this. RIP, very sad.

Comment

Dude, you're a good egg, but you should prob never say that bolded bit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X