Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Just said the same to the brother. Lads in studio saying that's the best Ireland have played for years. Against a disinterested side that didnt need to win the game. Ireland didnt even get going until going 1 down.
    There isnt a better team on the planet when an equaliser is needed in the last 5 mins

Comment

Just said the same to the brother. Lads in studio saying that's the best Ireland have played for years. Against a disinterested side that didnt need to win the game. Ireland didnt even get going until going 1 down.
      Ah we played to the max of our ability I think. Quality just isn't there. Hard to be critical of that.

Danes were v poor though, wouldn't say they were disinterested. Can be a strange mindset going into a game knowing a draw is good enough, they adapted a very low risk approach.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        Bring on the All Blacks.
        They already beat NZ in a friendly last week. Cant wait for the dvd

Comment

Hard luck Ireland nearly winning a 6th RWC .
          Played some great Rugby tackles too. Top notch. Bring on the All Blacks.
          We are still in The quarters with a chance to get through to the semis though
          Drive for 5 still alive

Comment

I know with kids . I was watching a game in brickfields yesterday . Under 16s . Talent was really good . Hope for the future . Our past is abysmal despite what people view as success .

Comment

Yeah. And McCleans could've been red after Whelans was deemed yellow
              No.
              Disinterested is funny.
              Where's this silly bitterness come from? You watch the games to hate on them? Why watch?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                No.

Disinterested is funny.

Where's this silly bitterness come from? You watch the games to hate on them? Why watch?
                Disinterested wrong word. They didnt need to win and were time wasting from the 45th minute.

That wasnt bitterness, it was a joke about the rugby crowd making a DVD after beating NZ in a friendly. You seem to have missed it, you're slipping.

Comment

Who is the singer?
                  http://youtu.be/dTwj7PhpY9M
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Disinterested wrong word. They didnt need to win and were time wasting from the 45th minute.

That wasnt bitterness, it was a joke about the rugby crowd making a DVD after beating NZ in a friendly. You seem to have missed it, you're slipping.
                    Ah right. Easily made mistake tbf. Prob helped by it being a terrible joke. Ain't so obvious if it ain't funny m8

Slipped and fell off a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                      Ah right. Easily made mistake tbf. Prob helped by it being a terrible joke. Ain't so obvious if it ain't funny m8

Slipped and fell off a while back.
                      Shouldn't get caught slippin'

"Caught me slippin!" Dave Chappelle UNCENSORED at The Laugh Factory in Hollywood, CA. See more hilarious stand up comedy and check our club schedule on http:...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

If anyone hears of two tickets for David McWilliams in Vicar Street pop up can they let me know.

His live podcast is November 28th as part of the podcast festival. There's a few tickets left but all single.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                              If anyone hears of two tickets for David McWilliams in Vicar Street pop up can they let me know.

His live podcast is November 28th as part of the podcast festival. There's a few tickets left but all single.
                              Is he any good at the singing?

Comment

Happy International Mens Day.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                  He predicted nine of the last two recessions

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                    Ah similar standard to the girl Hitch shared above.

I had no intention of going because I planned to go to Kilkenomics but I couldn't in the end.
                                    I tried to get tickets for Gladwell the following night but he's sold out too.

Comment

The best show on TV is back again today - impeachment.

I think the 4 witnesses today will largely confirm what we heard last week. Tomorrow though, Sondland could be massive.

Comment

Liking that Vindman has showed up in his military uniform, Purple Heart firmly affixed.

No doubt some Reps will try and attack him, that could backfire spectacularly. Having a cut off a decorated hero is not a good look. Wonder what poor fucker has got the job of keeping Trump off Twitter?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          Liking that Vindman has showed up in his military uniform, Purple Heart firmly affixed.

No doubt some Reps will try and attack him, that could backfire spectacularly. Having a cut off a decorated hero is not a good look. Wonder what poor fucker has got the job of keeping Trump off Twitter?
                                          Here's hoping he didn't order a code red.

Comment

I have applied to do this course: Higher Diploma in Data Analytics (1 Year Online) https://www.ncirl.ie/Courses/Course-...s/course/HDSDA

I don't have a relevant degree, so I have an online aptitude test to see if I'm suitable. Does anyone know what sort of things they are likely to ask me? I assume it will be maths and statistics.

Comment

Malcolm Gladwell top notch on Rogan. Super interesting dude:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                I have applied to do this course: Higher Diploma in Data Analytics (1 Year Online) https://www.ncirl.ie/Courses/Course-...s/course/HDSDA

I don't have a relevant degree, so I have an online aptitude test to see if I'm suitable. Does anyone know what sort of things they are likely to ask me? I assume it will be maths and statistics.
                                                There's a variety of different aptitude tests that places use for this kind of thing. I can try get you a copy of test that is given in here, I'll send you a PM if I can.

Also I took one with SHL recently, 13 questions in 10 mins, you can use their practice tests here: https://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests

Perhaps the numerical elements of the GMAT may be helpful to check too. You can free tests online for that too.
                                                My experience from a number of companies for roles in this area is they generally focus deductive reasoning, basic probabilities and in some instances maybe a little conditional probability.

Comment

Vindman not doing great for Dems. Left some ambiguity and holes for Republicans to poke at.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      @denny - you know about this i think?

I wonder hector if the online course in UCD (murdrum has the link, I've forgotten the name of the course) would be better. Seems very well designed.
                                                      My manager is on the verge of completing it: https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/!W_HU_MEN...PROG&MAJR=F084

He speaks very highly of it but as HJ mentioned he may not have the requisite credits for entry into this. I didn't either having applied and they required me to take this beforehand: https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/%21W_HU_M...PROG&MAJR=F140

I was accepted into the other MSc so I didn't proceed but this course isn't available by Springboard.
                                                      The MSc above is 12k plus the prerequisite foundation course an additonal 1.5k by memory.

I assume the course HJ linked is via Springboard so maximum 10% of the above.
                                                      Certainly an option but a substantially greater outlay. I'll be paying mine off for a couple more years

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                        There's a variety of different aptitude tests that places use for this kind of thing. I can try get you a copy of test that is given in here, I'll send you a PM if I can.

Also I took one with SHL recently, 13 questions in 10 mins, you can use their practice tests here: https://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests

Perhaps the numerical elements of the GMAT may be helpful to check too. You can free tests online for that too.
                                                        My experience from a number of companies for roles in this area is they generally focus deductive reasoning, basic probabilities and in some instances maybe a little conditional probability.
                                                        Thanks a lot, that's great. I just did their numerical reasoning one, I was three questions in (of 25) thinking great, this is easy. Then I realised nearly half my time was gone!

Comment

@denny - you know about this i think?

I wonder hector if the online course in UCD (murdrum has the link, I've forgotten the name of the course) would be better. Seems very well designed.
                                                          Yeah, Reggie is on it too.

I applied for the level 9 version of that course and they advised me to do the level 8 HJ linked as I didn't have a CS background. I trusted their judgement so started the l8.

I had to eject myself after a couple of weeks as the pace of the course was draining me of the will to live. They let me change over no issue. I'd go straight for the level 9 if you can HJ, tell them you've a background in statistics, big up something to do with poker with regards to programming or databases.

I don't think that it's too challenging without the background, I think they just want to get two years out of as many as possible by getting people to do the hdip before the postgrad.

I can only vaguely remember the test. It was straight forward maths, a few sequences, nothing particularly challenging.

When I did it, it was online, they gave you the question, and then you had to reason out the answer as a video? Which makes me think they don't really use the test, as I can't imagine them playing all those videos back to mark for each candidate. Maybe they outsource out the work, or it's just for edge cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                            Vindman not doing great for Dems. Left some ambiguity and holes for Republicans to poke at.
                                                            Most of the GOP questioning isn't about the facts at all and just seems to be teeing up Fox News to peddle conspiracy theories.

Comment

I only found out recently that Reggaeton was a genre of music. I always just thought that music was bad Spanish pop music.

Has a comical background, never thought such a repetitive genre could be so subversive.
                                                              As a youth culture existing on the fringes of society and the law, it has often been criticized. The Puerto Rican police launched a campaign against underground music by confiscating cassette tapes from music stores under penal obscenity codes, levying fines and demonizing rappers in the media.
                                                              The Department of Education banned baggy clothing and underground music from schools.[15] For months after the raids local media demonized rappers, calling them "irresponsible corrupters of the public order.
                                                              During the mid-1990s, the Puerto Rican police and National Guard confiscated reggaeton tapes and CDs to get "obscene" lyrics out of the hands of consumers

Comment

Podcast festival, christ, we can't enjoy anything without overdoing it until the good is gone.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Most of the GOP questioning isn't about the facts at all and just seems to be teeing up Fox News to peddle conspiracy theories.
                                                                  Its astonishing the way the republicunts are playing this. Exact same tactic as Brexit just keep repeating the most outrageous lies and no one gives a flying fuck as long as the very stupidest of the voting public are hearing the words.

Big trouble ahead, this shit ends the way this shit always ends.

This was a funny moment
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Of course. Vindman isnt nearly as polished as Kent or Taylor. Still damning evidence, but it is leaving doors open for obfuscation and spin.

Kent last week was absolutely on point. Taylor as well but not as much as Kent.

Sondland tomorrow will be the first truly republican witness. Should be interesting how he handles things. If he sings, Im still not even sure GOP sens turn.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                      Podcast festival, christ, we can't enjoy anything without overdoing it until the good is gone.
                                                                      The worst thing is, this isnt even the first year of it so it was obviously popular enough last year to bring it back again

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        Indeed.
                                                                        Malcolm Gladwell is an interesting chap but 3 hours of listening to him playing off some lad with a monstrous ego.
                                                                        You could get a decent chunk of the book read in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Indeed.
                                                                          Malcolm Gladwell is an interesting chap but 3 hours of listening to him playing off some lad with a monstrous ego.
                                                                          You could get a decent chunk of the book read in that time.
                                                                          I've only read Blink and thought it was awful rubbish altogether. Is his other output worthwhile?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            I only found out recently that Reggaeton was a genre of music. I always just thought that music was bad Spanish pop music.

Has a comical background, never thought such a repetitive genre could be so subversive.
                                                                            Pretty sure J Balvin (reggaethon artist) has billions of streams/plays online and is top 10 worldwide on spotify. Its a genre with a huge reach and we see little of it in Ireland.

There's the guts of 600 million people in Latin America and we know SFA about them in general. I guess that's beyond stereotypes and limited media coverage anyway. Brazil has 200m+ population and is physically bigger than Europe.

When I was in Colombia I was stared at everywhere as an obvious gringo, think casper the friendly ghost. Yet in Brazil, a few times I was mistaken for a local and they'd ask me something in Portuguese. They have a more diverse history of immigration, in the east at least. So euro looking types are not too uncommon. Would love to get the chance to travel South America properly. I know a few IPB'ers lived there and would be keen to hear of their experiences. Heading to Sao Paulo during Carnival week next year so really looking forward to that plus caipirinhas & all you can eat bbq.

Try listening to some vallenato, sertanejo, zuke or favela funk if you haven't heard of them. Probably not up your street but it is interesting at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              I've only read Blink and thought it was awful rubbish altogether. Is his other output worthwhile?
                                                                              I thought tipping point was interesting if a little repetitive

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                                                I thought tipping point was interesting if a little repetitive
                                                                                Agree. Tipping point was very interesting although I wonder does it go the way of Outliers (see below)

Blink was meh, little pop pyscho mumbo.

Outliers, while the same pop pyscho stuff, I do remember reading it and thinking hard on it and feeling like it changed my perspective on things.

I read parts of it again a few year after (after reading some conflicting stuff) and I was astounded that it wasn't how I remembered.

Humans are weird.

Comment

Of course. Vindman isnt nearly as polished as Kent or Taylor. Still damning evidence, but it is leaving doors open for obfuscation and spin.

Kent last week was absolutely on point. Taylor as well but not as much as Kent.

Sondland tomorrow will be the first truly republican witness. Should be interesting how he handles things. If he sings, Im still not even sure GOP sens turn.
                                                                                  Sure in the current climate, they will probably try and paint him as a Never Trumper.

Who gave Trump $1,000,000 for his inauguration.

Comment

Tipping point was the only book of his I finished and that was a long time ago. Outliers annoyed me and I stopped reading it thinking he was a bit too hand wavy.
                                                                                    TBH despite giving out about the length of the podcast Andy linked I suspect that he's best value when he's out doing interviews and chat shows selling his books.

Comment

Sure in the current climate, they will probably try and paint him as a Never Trumper.

Who gave Trump $1,000,000 for his inauguration.
                                                                                      They will absolutely try to attack his credibility though.

I will not be surprised if we get the ol' "only lying now because of this biased media charade, feeling pressure and lying to save his skin"

The retort while obvious, won't matter.

Comment

His podcast is brilliant, really interesting. I love his one on how much he hates golf - I always hated golf before but now I know there are good reasons to.

Revisionist History is Malcolm Gladwell's journey through the overlooked and the misunderstood. Click now to listen to the Revisionist History podcast on Pushkin Industries.

Comment

They will absolutely try to attack his credibility though.

I will not be surprised if we get the ol' "only lying now because of this biased media charade, feeling pressure and lying to save his skin"

If the call was 'perfect' and no crime has been committed, why would anyone lie to save their skin?

Innocent men don't perjure themselves.

Comment

If the call was 'perfect' and no crime has been committed, why would anyone lie to save their skin?

Innocent men don't perjure themselves.
                                                                                            Originally posted by Theresa

.

Comment

His podcast is brilliant, really interesting. I love his one on how much he hates golf - I always hated golf before but now I know there are good reasons to.

http://revisionisthistory.com/episod...d-walk-spoiled
                                                                                              Oh cool I'll give that a look, thanks.

Comment

http://revisionisthistory.com/episod...d-walk-spoiled
                                                                                                I haven't listened to that one but agreed his podcast is very good, far superior than his books imo. Outliers & Tipping Point are very similar to the Freakanomics type books.
                                                                                                What the dog saw is my fav of his books.
                                                                                                Of the podcasts, I quite like http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/02-saigon-1965 Rand corporations efforts to test the resolve of those during the Vietnam War always one that stuck out to me as particularly good.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Who next for Spurs?

Comment

Who next for Spurs?
                                                                                                        Benitez

Comment

I don't get how anyone has the time to watch those Joe Rogan 3-hour podcasts, even though they seem class.
                                                                                                          His, and a few others have almost replaced all tv for me. Haven't been turned into some right wing libertarian yet, though he has convinced me on the joys of hunting
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Who next for Spurs?
                                                                                                            Mourinho to be confirmed Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                              No chance

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                                Be funny, after he whoring himself to Arsenal for the last month!

Comment

Who next for Spurs?
                                                                                                                  Emery

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                                    Emery
                                                                                                                    To be announced Thursday ebening

Comment

...Lotto spam update...

...Did you know the 17 smartest/wisest/most investment savvy people are all in the same lotto syndicate?... That is not a coincidence, because inclusion into the most anticipated syndicate of the year (link below), automatically gets you that title...

...Registration starts at just €10, and some would say it is the equivalent of buying money, so join now!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                                        Emery
                                                                                                                        Dick Emery would have a better chance

Comment

Who next for Spurs?
                                                                                                                          Think McClaren is available

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X