Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    Is asthma medication considered performance enhancing ?
    Pretty sure it can if not declared my understanding is you can get clearance if notified, certainly in the big money pro sports you can get exemptions

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      Ok. You thought I meant every single player because you read my post as 100% literal, and I have now clarified that I meant to suggest 'many', or 'the majority' or even 'the vast majority'. Phew, nice to have that all cleared up.

If you are asking whether or not I think the GAA is on drugs then I don't understand and we can have a tedious clarification process. If you are using an easily identified and understood shorthand for asking whether I think some GAA players are on drugs then yes.
      Wow so I wont be the biggest draw at the party!!

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
        Wow so I wont be the biggest draw at the party!!
        Christ.

Comment

Is asthma medication considered performance enhancing ?
          Yes, Aidan O Mahony served a long suspension for Kerry after failing a test cos of his inhaler

Comment

Good, insightful article about Trump and the military.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I can never figure out the yerrah Kerry folk, so I'll leave it to the pair of ye to decide!!

Yeah.

Comment

Christ.
                Well if I/we don't take your posts literally, I'm genuinely confused as to how we are supposed to take them?

Say exactly what you mean for the avoidance of all confusion [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Yeah.
                  Wow, rattled!

Comment

Well if I/we don't take your posts literally, I'm genuinely confused as to how we are supposed to take them?

Say exactly what you mean for the avoidance of all confusion [emoji6]
                    I don't seem to have this issue with anyone else, but thanks for the advice.

Comment

I don't seem to have this issue with anyone else, but thanks for the advice.
                      My pleasure good man [emoji6]

Comment

Wow, rattled!
                        Ah no. Just funny you said that the other day is all. Sure what's the point in posting here if we cant let off some steam and have a row every now and then lol

Comment

Ah no. Just funny you said that the other day is all. Sure what's the point in posting here if we cant let off some steam and have a row every now and then lol
                          Lol absolutely and funnily enough I'm in an insanely good mood! My GAA club just had the most amazing weekend possible, nothing will run my buzz [emoji6]

Comment

Yes, Aidan O Mahony served a long suspension for Kerry after failing a test cos of his inhaler
                            That was my point, kinda, they all declare it, its enhances their performance. They are all taking PED's.

Undeclared stuff and steroid abuse is the real deal though, very few clean pro sports peoples imo.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Lol absolutely and funnily enough I'm in an insanely good mood! My GAA club just had the most amazing weekend possible, nothing will run my buzz [emoji6]
                              Nice one. Enjoy celebrations. The lads at home lost an east Kerry league final to Dr. Crokes today by a point. They won championship 3 weeks ago and county league 1 week ago so disappointing to miss out on a treble haul but a savage season all the same.

That's the clubs 2nd team obvs, crokes first team won their.county quarter final today.

Comment

Nice one. Enjoy celebrations. The lads at home lost an east Kerry league final to Dr. Crokes today by a point. They won championship 3 weeks ago and county league 1 week ago so disappointing to miss out on a treble haul but a savage season all the same.

That's the clubs 2nd team obvs, crokes first team won their.county quarter final today.
                                Yeah we are a rural club who's first team was Junior 20 years ago now in a senior and intermediate county final in 2 weeks time, it's kind of pinch urself stuff to be honest!

Comment

Speaking of club success- won 1 of 3 junior championships (was sub for one final) many years ago with Keane's uncle (fantastic player who had finished his senior career) as a team mate. We won it on a Sunday, I got back to dublin on the Friday morning after leaving tralee at 4am that day, and promptly got the evening train back to tralee that day in case I missed any of 'the craic'.

Great days.

Comment

Salt Fat Acid Heat is just pure indulgence on Netflix..starving watching it...
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      Speaking of club success- won 1 of 3 junior championships (was sub for one final) many years ago with Keane's uncle (fantastic player who had finished his senior career) as a team mate. We won it on a Sunday, I got back to dublin on the Friday morning after leaving tralee at 4am that day, and promptly got the evening train back to tralee that day in case I missed any of 'the craic'.

Great days.
                                      Mikey or Davey?

Comment

Mikey or Davey?
                                        Davy. Prob played with both at some stage though and def played with your father on a few occasions. All great players.

Comment

Davy. Prob played with both at some stage though and def played with your father on a few occasions. All great players.
                                          The apple fell very far from the tree in that regard unfortunately!

Comment

Yeah we are a rural club who's first team was Junior 20 years ago now in a senior and intermediate county final in 2 weeks time, it's kind of pinch urself stuff to be honest!
                                            Same. Small rural club. Our 1st team are Junior grade. 2nd team punching well above its weight but a good crop of youth and experience last couple of years. Miss being at home when you see the results and photos from celebrations.

Comment

The apple fell very far from the tree in that regard unfortunately!
                                              Different talent

Comment

Different talent
                                                I remember playing under 16 one time and getting into a brief shouting match with a guy from the other crowd over on the stand side in Strand Road. I was all riled up next thing I heard Mazie yell out "Jaysus lads he has his mother's temper anyway" which was bad enough only for Christie to roar back "As long as he doesn't have his father's hamstrings". They might as well have taken me off at that stage, I was weak!

Comment

Salt Fat Acid Heat is just pure indulgence on Netflix..starving watching it...
                                                  Cheers Ole, stuck it on after reading that. Great show. Really want to make that ragu.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Has anyone been to a Moroccan restaurant in Dublin. The 3 we are looking at are Dada on South William St, El Bahia on Wicklow St and Marrakesh on Capel St if anyone has an experience of any of them.

Comment

Greatest performance of the world cup so far has been PSV

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                        Cheers Ole, stuck it on after reading that. Great show. Really want to make that ragu.
                                                        Now u can justify the €25 olive oil !!
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                          Greatest performance of the world cup so far has been PSV
                                                          If I can reach even just one casual rugby fan and steer them wasting their time it’ll all have been worth it.
                                                          Obviously not going to convert the true rugby fans but we don’t need to.it cant survive without the casual bandwagoners.

Everyone can play a part , try it at work tomorrow.
                                                          They are in a dark place , they have been lied to for so long, convinced by the army of ex player propagandists in the media that we just had to turn up to make the semis. Now they have lost everything and are at their most vulnerable, now they can be helped.

Comment

I honestly think you should come to morning pints and watch the England NZ game next Saturday, and go find a club and give it a shot for a month.

Comment

Now u can justify the €25 olive oil !!
                                                              Olio e balsamico, two things you've got to fork out for.

That Mexican street food scene with all the different salsas, oh jaysus what I'd give to experience that.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                I honestly think you should come to morning pints and watch the England NZ game next Saturday, and go find a club and give it a shot for a month.
                                                                I’ll prob watch it, but join a club? What age do you think I am !
                                                                Ill stick to the golf , the true people’s game
                                                                I’ll retire rugby wumming for the rest of the WC, always go out at the top and I’ve peaked at the right time

Comment

This FF invisible voting scandal is a great mood-lifter of a Monday morning. Besides the two knuckle-draggers Collins and Dimmy Tooley, it's now sucked in Lisa Chambers, long been groomed as FF token woman leader in waiting.

Rumours that Willie O'Dea is involved too but surely that would just be too many cherries on top.

Comment

Has anyone been to a Moroccan restaurant in Dublin. The 3 we are looking at are Dada on South William St, El Bahia on Wicklow St and Marrakesh on Capel St if anyone has an experience of any of them.
                                                                    Been to dada couple years back. Was nice, loads of food, staff v friendly and decent wine. I don't remember it being "wow Can't wait to go back here" but I would eat there again if I was passing and at a loose end.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                      I’ll prob watch it, but join a club? What age do you think I am !
                                                                      Ill stick to the golf , the true people’s game
                                                                      I’ll retire rugby wumming for the rest of the WC, always go out at the top and I’ve peaked at the right time
                                                                      Ah don’t do that. It’s quite entertaining really

Comment

Been to Dada and Marraskesh, average enough. Shouk in Drumcondra is kinda like a middle eastern and north African fusion and is miles better if you're not hell bent on pure Moroccan.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Boris was going to unite the country. Just guess he didn't think it would be against him

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Roy at his best

https://twitter.com/BeWarmers/status...814257664?s=20

Comment

There's hardly any genuine belief that any of these international rugby guys are clean surely?
                                                                              Surely performance enhancing in rugby is just having an extra dozen big macs per week leading up to a game.

Worst sport ever invented. Hape of shit

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                Surely performance enhancing in rugby is just having an extra dozen big macs per week leading up to a game.

Coming from a slug 🐌 that supports darts and snooker gtfo.

Comment

Interesting to see where this goes

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Army bomb disposal unit at Christchurch Cathedral apparently.

Comment

Army bomb disposal unit at Christchurch Cathedral apparently.
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Lol at that account, "I've acquired a particular set of skills over a long career",

Chill out Nightcrawler
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

going in now

Comment

Would over 500 "guests" looking at the site currently not seem like a lot?

Unless Satnav has thrown up a few nudes overnight that i can't see or something

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              Would over 500 "guests" looking at the site currently not seem like a lot?

Unless Satnav has thrown up a few nudes overnight that i can't see or something
                                                                                              Rigger's bot army monitoring us
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bercow is just loving life.

'Repetitive and disorderly'

which is an excellent description of Brexit tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post

Good to hear from you mate!
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

the footage and recordings on this documentary are outstanding. no doubt it's a very clean version of its history but it's a joy to watch and listen to

hitsville: the making of motown

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      Does Lloyd still read here?

Just reading about Gladwell's new book and this stuck out
                                                                                                      Well two months late, but hey ho!

I personally never thought she did it. I was an avid reader of the same 2 + 2 thread you probably followed on the case. I’d be interested for Gladwell’s take on it though for sure.
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Just posting this here so I can quote next year
                                                                                                        After the rugby World Cup next year everyone will be posting about how the Six Nations is a second tier comp and we should have sacrificed a few to long term develop for the RWC blah blah blah
                                                                                                        Someone wasn’t fooled last year when ireland wind grand slam won the grand slam, posted on 18 mar 18
                                                                                                        Post other predictions you’d like me to make

Stander sent his wife out today to whinge about the unfair media coverage after NZ game??? Haven’t seen anything even close to brutal in the irish media, just more excuses and wagon circling.
                                                                                                        Hope for her sake she doesn’t use Twitter , it’ll be pearl clutching time.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                          Well two months late, but hey ho!

I personally never thought she did it. I was an avid reader of the same 2 + 2 thread you probably followed on the case. I’d be interested for Gladwell’s take on it though for sure.
                                                                                                          Penny for your RWC thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            Feel sorry for Schmidt, in retrospect 2018 was our absolute pinnacle.
                                                                                                            We surpassed our mid cycle World championship crown this cycle, really knocked it out of the park. Unfortunately if Schmidt wasn’t going we’d probably have to move on - he just failed to make any meaningful changes or adjustments as 2019 went on. Either he didn’t see it or he couldn’t figure it out but in both cases it seriously tarnishes his legacy. You get to the quarters of this thing every four years and it’s so fucking clear that it’s the pinnacle of the sport. Letting 40+ points in two quarters in a row is simply humiliating. You spend a cycle being physical tough imposing and then get blown away with ease when it matters the most.

Not to say Schmidt didn’t have a good tenure overall, he clearly did better than any Irish coach before him in terms of consistency of achievement. But Saturday and Cardiff four year’s ago is hard to shake off. In his two most important games he had nothing to offer. No ability to reach deep into a squad and pull a performance or alter things positively on the day of reckoning.

I’d say the tour to Australia last year was probably his greatest achievement. Winning two of three games played with a week between each one, in hostile conditions, where it is historically a scenario we don’t manage our best. I’d easily rank that ahead of six nations or wins at home in the autumn, etc. And it was that which had me genuinely hopeful about this World Cup, more-so than the New Zealand win. Winning a tour down south was reminiscent of the kind of stuff England did in the run in to 2003. Beat everyone everywhere.

But the England game was a ruh roh moment; Wales was shocking; and by the time we were getting hockeyed in Twickenham it was clear we were fucked. No plan B or ability to change the momentum of a game once it went against us. The funny thing was it started good against Japan, we were on top and then...

Anyway, I’m as down about Irish Rugby as I ever have been. We have a huge turnover of players needed, the whole core of the team won’t make France. Sexton should be retired, bar a relief role for the next year or so - 20 minutes a game type thing. I say it every four years, but anyone who isn’t going to make 2023 shouldn’t be starting a six nations game in 2020. Fuck that. But of course, the money needs to keep coming in. We’ll beat England in Twickenham and the boys will be great again; everyone will be happy - go the Vodafone Greens.
                                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Penny for your RWC thoughts?
                                                                                                              I actually love rugby and have been following Ireland with a genuine passion for a quarter of a century but I find your posts far more spot on than the sycophants in the media. You can’t have it both ways: you can’t hype a team up for years; hype up the coach and talk about how deep the squad is and then transition to ‘ah well we’d never beat New Zealand on their day; we always do bad at world cups; the players were too old’ and whatever else. You’re either a force or you’re not. You shouldn’t be able to have it all the ways, that’s just nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                I actually love rugby and have been following Ireland with a genuine passion for a quarter of a century but I find your posts far more spot on than the sycophants in the media. You can’t have it both ways: you can’t hype a team up for years; hype up the coach and talk about how deep the squad is and then transition to ‘ah well we’d never beat New Zealand on their day; we always do bad at world cups; the players were too old’ and whatever else. You’re either a force or you’re not. You shouldn’t be able to have it all the ways, that’s just nonsense.
                                                                                                                Preach.

Comment

Only been 8 of them . Jaysus

Comment

Thought people were joking when I heard them on about Heaslip saying the following right before kickoff but no he actually said it
                                                                                                                    “I was looking at both 15s and I wouldn’t swap anyone – I actually think New Zealand might take one or two of our players if they had the choice”

Anyone who uses a cartoon caricature of themself like below as their twitter profile is is an absolute write off of a human

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                      Only been 8 of them . Jaysus
                                                                                                                      Well they’ve been playing the FA Cup a ~century longer than they have the European Cup but one is clearly a much much bigger deal than the other. The Six nations and history and tradition and the lads in their blazers meeting at the same pub for a pint at the same time every two years...whatever. The Word Cup is the big one because it creates a level playing field (amongst the top sides) that everyone has ample time to prepare for. Appealing to the history and tradition of the six nations as the pinnacle is wrong side of history stuff - akin to Scotland blocking the World Rugby League idea.

Comment

Thought people were joking when I heard them on about Heaslip saying the following right before kickoff but no he actually said it
                                                                                                                        “I was looking at both 15s and I wouldn’t swap anyone – I actually think New Zealand might take one or two of our players if they had the choice”

Anyone who uses a cartoon caricature of themself like below as their twitter profile is is an absolute write off of a human
                                                                                                                        He's the Micheal Owen of Irish sport. Good career but shouldn't be let anywhere near an analytical team. Diabolical human.

I'd say the poor Munster lads having to spend weeks away with his type at world cups down the years is a large part of the reason behind our failures.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by The Situation; 21-10-19, 20:30.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

My point is we havent done well after 8 of them ., not a huge amount of tourneys.
                                                                                                                          In 3 of them we haven't done ourselves justice . Think we were down the pecking order in the rest. So whilst the expectation is huge , hype etc . We still aren't tourny saavy and are very conservative which leads to predictability. I think we bottled this one too. Ability is there . Such a pity we mentally collapsed .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X