Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
    Think Barnes bottled that should have been red on Beast.
    If the Japanese prop did a Richie McCaw on it and turned his head in towards the turf in the act of falling then it would have been but on balance a yellow seems right to me.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Closeline midair, no issue!! Barnes is a joke

Comment

Wayne Barnes must be on a promise tonight, wants this game over as quick as possible. Doesn't want to use the TMO for love nor money.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          Wayne Barnes must be on a promise tonight, wants this game over as quick as possible. Doesn't want to use the TMO for love nor money.
          The tmo would have checked it nonetheless. Very weird decision

Comment

South Africa have been trash with ball in hand. Their forwards kept them in the game first half and won them it in the 2nd.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
              Closeline midair, no issue!! Barnes is a joke
              I actually shouted clothes line like they used to do in the wrestling on the replay was a joke.

Comment

South Africa have been trash with ball in hand. Their forwards kept them in the game first half and won them it in the 2nd.
                Perfectly executed game plan imo

Comment

Kolisi is an impressive individual imo.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Spent a bit of time compiling my top 12 irish sporting achievements of all time below
                    These aren’t my personal favourites,Ive tried to be as objective as I can here, I put aside my dislike of rugby and have it fair consideration . When giving weighting to these considered factors like prestige, participation , global audience, difficulty etc. Horeracing was not considered. Couldn’t find a place in top 11 for rugby, id say if I continued the list the Kidney grand slam would come in around 15th and Schmidts one around 21 which is fair enough I think
                    1.Italia 90-
                    2.Japan/Korea WC 2002
                    3. US 94
                    2.euro 88
                    3.rory mcilroy wiining 4 majors
                    4. Harrington winning 3 majors
                    4.5 euro 2016
                    5.Shanre lowry winning the open
                    6.Michelle Smith Atalanta 1996-she still has the medals
                    7.Ronnie Delaney Gold medal 1500M 1956
                    8. John Treacy Olympic silver
                    9. Any of the boxing Olmpic medals
                    10. Mcgregor Double Champ
                    11. Sonia o Sullivan-various
                    12. Eddie Irvine in formula 1
                    Odd to have a no 2 pick where our psychotic alchoholic captain embarrassed us all on the world stage.
                    The fact you have a drug cheat at 6 tells us all we need to know about your current trolliness.

I was in Sydney for Sonia's silver. Should be #1 imo.

Comment

Cringe

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Odd to have a no 2 pick where our psychotic alchoholic captain embarrassed us all on the world stage.
                        The fact you have a drug cheat at 6 tells us all we need to know about your current trolliness.

I was in Sydney for Sonia's silver. Should be #1 imo.
                        Only person Keane embarrassed was himself
                        Smith was on a level playing field I’d say so results stand

Comment

I’m cheering for Wales now have a great chance of getting to final and would be great to see ex irish coach Gatland end his wales career with the biggest prize in rugby. I’m sure plenty in irish rugby feel the same right

Comment

Harrington's 3 in quick succession beats Rorys 4, no matter where ya believe hes from. Harrington was over achieving and Rory under achieving
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                              I know, have known a few New Zealanders over the years, but Rugby then far behind comes Cricket then comes the rest

Few good musicians too!!!
                              That settles that so, youve your research done, They dont even have spotify or books in NZ, just rugby, thats our problem there
                              airport, lol

Comment

I’m cheering for Wales now have a great chance of getting to final and would be great to see ex irish coach Gatland end his wales career with the biggest prize in rugby. I’m sure plenty in irish rugby feel the same right
                                Of course ex Connacht coach got more out of his players excellent lions coach. Was honest today said best team lost.

Comment

Another Semi for Wales.

That’s two semis for them the last 3 world cups.
                                  1 semi for Argentina.
                                  0 for Ireland with all their “best Irish teams”

I’m shocked anyone can even defend it.

Arguably Schmidt’s tenure was a failure, Wales should be the yardstick.
                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Sean Kelly the GOAT Irish sportsman. Ye just don't know of his greatness . Tis understandable but nobody some near to his heroics . Except maybe John Tracey who crawled up the podium. Blood and guts both of them .

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                      Another Semi for Wales.

That’s two semis for them the last 3 world cups.
                                      1 semi for Argentina.
                                      0 for Ireland with all their “best Irish teams”

I’m shocked anyone can even defend it.

Arguably Schmidt’s tenure was a failure, Wales should be the yardstick.
                                      They met France we net New Zealand . Your sample sizing is surprising . We won the Euros in 2018 .

Comment

Kev O'Brien smashing England to smithereens in Bangalore.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                          They met France we net New Zealand . Your sample sizing is surprising . We won the Euros in 2018 .
                                          After disgracing ourselves against a tier two nation in the group stages. Obv no shame in losing to NZ but when the world player of the year can't find touch from multiple penalties there's shame in not manning up to an occasion.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Sean Kelly the GOAT Irish sportsman. Ye just don't know of his greatness . Tis understandable but nobody some near to his heroics . Except maybe John Tracey who crawled up the podium. Blood and guts both of them .

Comment

We also won “the Euros” in 14 and 15.
                                              Wales won it 13 and this year.
                                              They reached semi in 11 at our expense after finishing nowhere in “the euros”.

So all this talk of us being a great team is bollox or all this talk of us punching above our weight is bollox.

I think there needs to be a serious look at what we think we are and adjust our expectation accordingly. I actually think there is ability to be a consistent semi final team given the talent we do see, and underage rugby is organized very very well, as are all the academies.

The question that must be answered is “why do we always bottle it on the big stage?”
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                There is a reason he took the Michelle Smith route out of the spotlight .

Comment

Sport as a business isn't really 'sport' anyway.

Was coaching a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds this morning. I think people who glue themselves to the tv watching what they think is sport all weekend miss the simple facts of what sport is all about - fun, friendship, exercise.

Comment

Our Brexit guy is getting more depressed by the week.

Comment

Got such a buzz as a boy getting into sport watching Eamonn Coughlan on the world stage. this deserves some recognition. 'The look' fcuking class.
                                                      Eamonn Coghlan sprinting to Gold for Ireland in the 5000m at the inaugural World Athletics Championships in Helsinki, Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                        Got such a buzz as a boy getting into sport watching Eamonn Coughlan on the world stage. this deserves some recognition. 'The look' fcuking class.
                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWCX1SxSAF4
                                                        Reenacted the Coughlan run on that track for the Lols with a Finn. See if I can find the picture

Comment

Now that we are out I’m really enjoying some of the rugby ads, they are hilarious given how things turned out, especially that Volkswagen one that pops up on boards depicting the team as a marauding army charging to Mount Fuji.is there going to be a follow up showing them as malnourished POWs in a Japanese internment camp?

This is the really enjoyable part for me more so than the actual defeat on the field , the idea of marketing budgets spaffed against the wall and the massive contrast between how they were built up and what transpired.
                                                          I presume some of the players are relatively decent people not into pissing on strangers and recreational sexual assault so I feel mildly bad for them in fairness

Just think of all the absolute cringe future ads we’ve been spared. RIP marketing synergy opportunities
                                                          Last edited by Guest; 20-10-19, 16:20.

Comment

Give it a rest you clown! Have a wank for yourself or something!

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                              Give it a rest you clown! Have a wank for yourself or something!
                                                              There’s an ignore button , feel free to use it.
                                                              I and many others are enjoying this too much and it’s not because I begrudge success, Rory mcilroy is one of my favourite irish sportsmen.
                                                              Instead of having a wank I’m going to read Kimmages article on Jamie Heaslip in today’s Indo again

Will prob stop posting about rugger now though , this is the peak for me it’s not going to get any better. See you in 4 years for another shitshow
                                                              Last edited by Guest; 20-10-19, 16:30.

Comment

Kimmage [emoji1787] ye are well matched for sure! Get that eejit with the mullet in as well for the trifecta

Comment

I must say one thing I’ve noticed about Rugby fans in the aftermath of this defeat- they don’t like it up them (unless it’s a teammates fist as part of some hazing ritual probably)
                                                                  Very fragile bunch which is funny considering they seem to consider it a more manly sport than any other

Comment

I must say one thing I’ve noticed about Rugby fans in the aftermath of this defeat- they don’t like it up them (unless it’s a teammates fist as part of some hazing ritual probably)
                                                                    Very fragile bunch which is funny considering they seem to consider it a more manly sport than any other
                                                                    I don't think fans of any sport would enjoy being abused.

Comment

PSV deffo abused in a hotel room by some rugger boys. The days before Snapchat were frought.

Comment

PSV deffo abused in a hotel room by some rugger boys. The days before Snapchat were frought.
                                                                        I'd say it twas when they didn't ring him the next day that it really hurt!

Comment

I'd say it twas when they didn't ring him the next day that it really hurt!
                                                                          Rape is never funny guys. Rugby types showing their true colours when cornered

Comment

Kimmage [emoji1787] ye are well matched for sure! Get that eejit with the mullet in as well for the trifecta
                                                                            There's hardly any genuine belief that any of these international rugby guys are clean surely?

Comment

Far from a rugby type, just find ur obsession both patethic and sad.

Me think the lady doth protest too much!

Comment

Far from a rugby type, just find ur obsession both patethic and sad.

Me think the lady doth protest too much!
                                                                                A few posts over the course of a few weeks- hardly an obsession is it?
                                                                                I’ve a pretty low post count compared to a lot here.
                                                                                I Never got personal but You bust out the rape insinuations. Think you’re the one who needs some time out and reflection tbf
                                                                                When they go low I go high

Comment

I never said anything about rape, be very careful with your accusations now like a good lad

Comment

Lol never said rape. You were on for it imo. Probably got too heavy. Happens lad. Let it go.

Comment

Imagine being so triggered by criticism of your sports team that you construct a rape fantasy involving the person criticising your team.
                                                                                      Nowt as strange as rugby folk

Comment

In GAA

If a player is subbed off (we’ll say for tactical reasons) - can they be subbed back on at any stage? (Pending the team still has subs left to make)

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                          In GAA

If a player is subbed off (we’ll say for tactical reasons) - can they be subbed back on at any stage? (Pending the team still has subs left to make)
                                                                                          Yeah, happened at a hurling match I was at today funnily enough. Its actually common enough.

Comment

In GAA

Yes

Comment

P Snowflake V.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                There's hardly any genuine belief that any of these international rugby guys are clean surely?
                                                                                                Not sure I could confidently claim any sport is 100% clean.

Are you actually claiming that every single international rugby player is on PED's?

Comment

In GAA

Yep. Works a treat at the Junior B level when you might only have 17 or 18 players and fellas like myself need a break. Get a lad who is also a fat fucker and half crocked on for a few minutes and I can come back on when another lad needs a breather.

Only rule that annoys me is if a team has men sent off in normal time and a game goes to extra time, they can start with the full 15 again (not the lads that were sent off) by bringing subs on

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    Yep. Works a treat at the Junior B level when you might only have 17 or 18 players and fellas like myself need a break. Get a lad who is also a fat fucker and half crocked on for a few minutes and I can come back on when another lad needs a breather.

Only rule that annoys me is if a team has men sent off in normal time and a game goes to extra time, they can start with the full 15 again (not the lads that were sent off) by bringing subs on
                                                                                                    Silly rule alright, and they try and justify it by saying its considered a new game, but if that was the case then the player sent off would already have served his suspension, but they dont agreed with that either.

Comment

Speaking of, and maybe I missed this being linked already, but there is a bit of digging to be done here.

Comment

After disgracing ourselves against a tier two nation in the group stages. Obv no shame in losing to NZ but when the world player of the year can't find touch from multiple penalties there's shame in not manning up to an occasion.
                                                                                                        Playing injured the whole tournament. Tough to know if that’s the managements fault or the players for getting on the plane but it was overly manning up imo

Comment

Wouldn’t say there is many in any sport tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

Likewise. St Rynaghs are Offaly Senior Hurling Champions yet again!
                                                                                                            Is Ken Hogan over Rynaghs or did I imagine that??

Comment

Not sure I could confidently claim any sport is 100% clean.

Are you actually claiming that every single international rugby player is on PED's?
                                                                                                              One normally doesn't make claims ending with a question mark, but would have thought the majority of people would (strongly) suspect the vast majority of rugby players are on PEDs.

Edit: *international players
                                                                                                              Last edited by Keane; 20-10-19, 18:39.

Comment

But you said 'any of these internationals' thus insinuating that they are all on PED's. I was merely checking if this was what you were claiming or if you simply worded it incorrectly and meant some.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                  yea, his first year in charge.
                                                                                                                  Very very good club coach, serious passion for the game.

Comment

But you said 'any of these internationals' thus insinuating that they are all on PED's. I was merely checking if this was what you were claiming or if you simply worded it incorrectly and meant some.
                                                                                                                    Oh jesus you must be a big hit at parties

Comment

Oh jesus you must be a big hit at parties
                                                                                                                      What? That's what you said.

Do you think GAA is clean, and it only an amateur sport?

Comment

Is asthma medication considered performance enhancing ?
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

What? That's what you said.

Ok. You thought I meant every single player because you read my post as 100% literal, and I have now clarified that I meant to suggest 'many', or 'the majority' or even 'the vast majority'. Phew, nice to have that all cleared up.

If you are asking whether or not I think the GAA is on drugs then I don't understand and we can have a tedious clarification process. If you are using an easily identified and understood shorthand for asking whether I think some GAA players are on drugs then yes.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X