Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go:
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Interesting that they left Rory Stewart out of that.
      I guess we know who Ian Hislop is cheering on.
      Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
      When you're given the choice between a kick to the balls or the blowtorch, you gonna offer to shine the man's shoes for him first
      There have been a couple of odd moments recently, last nights Newsnight for one where a panel of non MP Tory commentators are talking about the candidates and every one of them agrees that of course Stewart is the only one who is not lying through his teeth and is clearly the best option for both the party and the country. But ho hum he has 0% chance so lets concentrate on how awful the rest of the candidates are and try to pick the least worst

There was also this glorious clip of Juncker being asked his opinion

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
        Self indulgent rant ahead. Cliffs dont work in sport

won a semi final 57-3 today, going to into final next week for first final since 1957 vs team who will be at home for the game.

it's been a hectic 3 weeks, we qualified for knockout rounds with 3 games to spare, lost the last game of season to end up with second seed vs possibility of first.

the monday after this a few weeks go called into a meeting, was told I was fired because I was being replaced by a a proven winner, a guy who won 6 championships as a player, as a coach he he has won 3 games in 2 years and was relegated this year. My director announced it to the team joyfully9i havent picked his son in 5 games) and the team revolted, refused to accept new coach and said they only go forward with me. Boss calls me back in and says the team (well 98% of them) support you and I support you, i flipped out and turned into old needling poker self and really was unprofessional going to town criticising him as a person.

regardless of what happens next week i'm fired,(similar to carlo ancelotti at madrid I guess) we carved up today, all the supporters were over the moon and I still cannot even get spoken to a board membersor director. they ignore my wife now, and the funny thing is she is worth more than all of them combined.

I must say though there is a sense of liberation thoguh where I can pick a team and regardless of the result know that all that matters is the performance. it's pure sport without any politics
        Is that rugby?

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        have I missed something in that hand? Action is on Heath who slides in a time back. Soverel mistakes Heaths action for a fold, then thinking it's his action folds his cards.

I must be missing a lot of context to the outrage.
        I’m the same, I don’t see the angle shoot, just the histrionics from the guy with A10.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        We do that almost everywhere we go, I think I have waxed lyrical about them here before. They are usually excellent. Funny enough we are in Bali at the moment with a stop off in Hong Kong on the way back in a couple of days and aren't doing one in either place. In Bali the main reason is that I've found the local food rank and the Western food very good (plus doing a couple of short cycling tours) while HK apparently has the highest concentration of Michelin Star street food places in the world so hoping to fit as many of those as possible in on our own.

There's a tour called something like Tenements and Tasting in Manhatten that's probably the best half day I've ever done anywhere.
        HK street food is over rated, I went to a Michelin place for DimSum and it was like a low grade Chinese at home. Try a few places maybe.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        https://youtu.be/iQkMJgaHAkY

I like the way he talks
        What’s his connection to it? Also is he fighting for healthcare for 911 workers? Seems incongruous with the American way.

Comment

I was listening to some music on my earphones late last night jogging by Newcastle Graveyard, then I heard someone coughing loudly over the music right in my ear and then a huge breathy inhale/exhale. WTF , I turned around and nobody there . I got a bit edgy as I like to see the enemy should they wish to engage. BIG COUGH, WTFFF, ok, I was ready for combat and my current condition was set up for fight and not flight , so I braced myself for a battle with a spook or a creeper. I took off the earphones, It turns out it was on the fecking song , this version had the added authenticity of the guitarists bodily functions. A good workout in all for the ticker and when all is said and done I’m not Van Helsing so some relief
          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 12-06-19, 10:23. Reason: Wrong thread.

Comment

The most famous mother in Irish rock music has died. Philomena Lynott. Interesting woman .

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              Place I was was class, left of stage at the front with all the mosh pits. Then moved back for different views up the hill near the end, epic views and sound. The production value was unreal, the huge screens with stuff like soldiers marching during One and then all turning into marching skeletons was amazing. A far cry from seeing them in 03/04. Lots of fire, balloons, fireworks, lasers, lights, so good. Timed fireworks to starting a riff in enter sandman etc. The opening to one was just class, mortar sounds with explosions on stage, fire, stuff that looked like machine gun fire etc
              good shit
              heard some places the crowd were really shit though
              they were mental by me though, people covered in blood haha
              Code:
              https://youtu.be/w_6pTwNIOx0?t=67

Comment

Anywhere or links to watch the semi-final v Brazil?

I dont have Sky
                Last edited by Dice75; 12-06-19, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Anywhere or links to watch the semi-final v Brazil?

I dont have Sky

Also on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                    What’s his connection to it? Also is he fighting for healthcare for 911 workers? Seems incongruous with the American way.
                    Jon Stewart is an advocate for 9/11 First Responders. As far back as 2009 he was advocating on their behalf and was given partial credit for helping the passage of the Zadroga Act.

He's been heavily involved on a personal level with the FDNY, EMS and NYPD groups who are lobbying Congress to keep funding up for medical coverage for (particularly) the respiratory illnesses.

Here's a link to a good discussion on Fox News about it. No really, Fox News. Shep Smith as far back as 2010 has been helping Jon Stewart with the media side of this.

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Japan - Mexico on here in the other Semi - http://mssev.com/brazil-vs-ireland-republic-1730/

Ireland looked really good against Mexico and did enough against Bahrain without being brilliant, have been watching due to Stephen Kenny managing and a Bohs player at left back. Bright enough future there if Kenny brings these lads through and takes over from McCarthy.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                        Japan - Mexico on here in the other Semi - http://mssev.com/brazil-vs-ireland-republic-1730/

Ireland looked really good against Mexico and did enough against Bahrain without being brilliant, have been watching due to Stephen Kenny managing and a Bohs player at left back. Bright enough future there if Kenny brings these lads through and takes over from McCarthy.
                        Yeah I heard Masterson was MOTM when they beat the Seniors a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Code:
                          https://youtu.be/w_6pTwNIOx0?t=67
                          Class thanks for that, been looking for a good recording of it. Would love to see the screen for the whole thing. Bit of a mixup with them writing that it is whiskey near the start haha.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            Isnt it only a gain when he cashes it in ?
                            Absolutely. Sadly, that doesn't stop him from being a tool

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                              Absolutely. Sadly, that doesn't stop him from being a tool
                              sounds like the Harry Enfield 'I am considerably richer than you' character
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Went out to the garden and picked strawberries for my dinner then came in and turned the poxy heating on, I've never had it on in June before and now I have ground frost warnings telling me to cover plants Thu to Sunday, that's frost expected on the fucking 16th June . FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Went out to the garden and picked strawberries for my dinner then came in and turned the poxy heating on, I've never had it on in June before and now I have ground frost warnings telling me to cover plants Thu to Sunday, that's frost expected on the fucking 16th June . FFS!
                                  At least you're not signed up to do Hell and Back.

Didn't think I'd be doing it in Winter.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    sounds like the Harry Enfield 'I am considerably richer than you' character
                                    It's kind of weird in that most people describe him as a nice guy who's a bit of an asshole.

For example, he brought over three nice bottles of wine, two for our dinner in Vintage Kitchen last night and one as a gift for me, but then he'll do and say things that will literally have your eyes rolling into the back of your head.

Comment

Book smart = ok . A poor girls Superbad.
                                      6/10

Comment

It's kind of weird in that most people describe him as a nice guy who's a bit of an asshole.

For example, he brought over three nice bottles of wine, two for our dinner in Vintage Kitchen last night and one as a gift for me, but then he'll do and say things that will literally have your eyes rolling into the back of your head.
                                        I hope you gave him his membership forms for the HHE.

Comment

I blame PSV.

BBV'd climate change.

Comment

Sensing a glitch in the matrix

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Be careful with those office bants folks.

Comment

I blame PSV.

BBV'd climate change.
                                                Need an update apparently, no longer in use by The Guardian and others moving forward.

Climate change to be replaced with climate emergency, crisis or breakdown.

Climate skeptic now climate denier.

Global warming will be global heating.

Comment

Filmed at Slane Castle in Meath, Ireland on June 8, 2019. Subscribe for more videos: https://metallica.lnk.to/subscribeListen to Metallica: https://metallica...

Comment

Enjoyable New Yorker article on the next Prime Minister.

Comment

Be careful with those office bants folks.
                                                      She's dead right

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                        Sensing a glitch in the matrix

WP
                                                        CHD was right though, I was off by one - that was in May

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                          She's dead right
                                                          There's a bit of me that's sympathetic to the poor fucker.

He made a distasteful 'joke' and now his life is ruined. Every time a potential employer, or indeed sex partner , Googles him, this is what they get for evermore.

Comment

Poor bloke. Sure twas harmless . Wouldn't make it into a mild rap tune.

Comment

There's a bit of me that's sympathetic to the poor fucker.

He made a distasteful 'joke' and now his life is ruined. Every time a potential employer, or indeed sex partner , Googles him, this is what they get for evermore.
                                                              I can't understand how anyone could be oblivious enough to send that email, the potential professional repercussions of jokes like that should be enough of a deterrent, let alone the discomfort caused to your colleague.

Being named and shamed seems perfectly fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                I can't understand how anyone could be oblivious enough to send that email, the potential professional repercussions of jokes like that should be enough of a deterrent, let alone the discomfort caused to your colleague.

Being named and shamed seems perfectly fine to me.
                                                                No question that he's an idiot.

It's the lifelong ramifications that concern me. Especially when I'm sure everyone on here has made equally tasteless cracks over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                  Poor bloke. Sure twas harmless . Wouldn't make it into a mild rap tune.
                                                                  Ah will ya stop. If some office dickhead said it about your wife and humiliated her like that you'd be outside his house.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    Ah will ya stop. If some office dickhead said it about your wife and humiliated her like that you'd be outside his house.
                                                                    He probably wouldn't notice with his glazed windows though

Comment

Lols.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Enjoyable New Yorker article on the next Prime Minister.
                                                                              He really is a dreadful buffoon
                                                                              Perfect for the PM role
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                speak for yourself dude
                                                                                You must be the professorial social media equivalent of Trump. I'm constantly amazed at how none of ypur shenanigans have impacted you like Insurance Glazed Ring Guy.

Pure teflon! Respect.

Comment

The coconut oil in my kitchen has turned completely liquid this week which is my super scientific method for signalling the official start of Summer here in Malta.

Comment

This cricket world cup has been a roaring success
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

WHIPLASH politician Alan Farrell played a football game during the period he claimed he suffered pain from injuries following a minor car prang.

The Irish Sun revealed Fine Gael TD Farrell sued for up to €15,000 — but only got €2,500 after a judge ruled in July 2018 that he did not suffer a “significant injury” and branded his case “unusual”.

Someone I know at a wedding was telling me about getting whiplash after a recent car incident. Met them then at a festival where they were giggling about being off work for a couple of months. Now they've put up one of those meaningful facebook pictures captioned "If You're Feeling Unhappy, Don't Push Yourself Harder".

Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-06-19, 15:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                        Jon Stewart is an advocate for 9/11 First Responders. As far back as 2009 he was advocating on their behalf and was given partial credit for helping the passage of the Zadroga Act.

He's been heavily involved on a personal level with the FDNY, EMS and NYPD groups who are lobbying Congress to keep funding up for medical coverage for (particularly) the respiratory illnesses.

Here's a link to a good discussion on Fox News about it. No really, Fox News. Shep Smith as far back as 2010 has been helping Jon Stewart with the media side of this.

http://youtu.be/nefW2YPb06Q
                                                                                        Thanks, it’s an interesting topic. Shows how naive you can be with politics in the US too, the idea of tracking into bills etc that are certain to go through? Such cynicism.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        Yeah I heard Masterson was MOTM when they beat the Seniors a couple weeks ago.
                                                                                        The u21s beat the seniors in a match?

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                        She's dead right
                                                                                        Ah it’s a bit sensitive
                                                                                        I honestly wouldn’t I’d be more annoyed my wife would be that sensitive, yiu can’t joke at all anymore.
                                                                                        His fatal mistake was making someone the butt of the joke that he clearly didn’t know well enough, or she was more junior. I make jokes all the time in the office, almost exclusively about myself but not always and I’d hate to think I’d lose my job over it. I’ve always figured you can only slag people you know well or are higher up than you, I don’t agree obviously with mindless “banter” that’s just some tosser spouting bile through the medium of “irony” though.

Comment

Any good one off documentaries on Netflix recommended to pass an hour?

Comment

The u21s beat the seniors in a match?

Yeah couple weeks ago 1-0 - warm up for both teams i guess

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Trip report on Milan please. Have that booked for the October BH weekend and apart from getting a game in at San Siro, have no plans for the trip.
                                                                                              Nottingham Forest for cocktails. They open at 6:30, get there about 20 mins before they open as the bar is tiny. Highlight of the city for me, the Duomo was fine and all and nice enough city to walk around in. This place beside the Duomo too - https://www.amoitaly.com/milano/luini.html

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                Nottingham Forest for cocktails. They open at 6:30, get there about 20 mins before they open as the bar is tiny. Highlight of the city for me, the Duomo was fine and all and nice enough city to walk around in. This place beside the Duomo too - https://www.amoitaly.com/milano/luini.html
                                                                                                Was recommended the same by a mate, looking forward to it cheers. Off to Salzburg in morning
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

You'd really react like that?

Comment

I honestly wouldn’t I’d be more annoyed my wife would be that sensitive, yiu can’t joke at all anymore.
                                                                                                    His fatal mistake was making someone the butt of the joke that he clearly didn’t know well enough, or she was more junior. I make jokes all the time in the office, almost exclusively about myself but not always and I’d hate to think I’d lose my job over it. I’ve always figured you can only slag people you know well or are higher up than you, I don’t agree obviously with mindless “banter” that’s just some tosser spouting bile through the medium of “irony” though.
                                                                                                    Reported to HR

Comment

Our shit weather obvs less shit than the UK. Two race meetings abandoned over there.

Does this make da farmers happy or sad?

Comment

Anyone ever wake up vomiting from wine.

Had a bottle pinot noir tesco screw top was in bed around midnight.

5am ran to loo threw up. Back to bed 2 hrs later same and at 9.30 am thought same was gonna happen but didn't thank fuck.

Ate nothing different than I usually eat. So can only think maybe the wine.
                                                                                                        Ended up ringing in sick to work.

Fine now. Hoping dinner stays down.
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

TR from San Sebastian GAB?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                            Someone I know at a wedding was telling me about getting whiplash after a recent car incident. Met them then at a festival where they were giggling about being off work for a couple of months. Now they've put up one of those meaningful facebook pictures captioned "If You're Feeling Unhappy, Don't Push Yourself Harder".
                                                                                                            I went to school with Farrell - He was a snooty, sleveen knob of the highest order back then.

From what I see of him on tv/in the news etc, he has only got worse over time.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                              Anyone ever wake up vomiting from wine.

Had a bottle pinot noir tesco screw top was in bed around midnight.

5am ran to loo threw up. Back to bed 2 hrs later same and at 9.30 am thought same was gonna happen but didn't thank fuck.

Ate nothing different than I usually eat. So can only think maybe the wine.
                                                                                                              Ended up ringing in sick to work.

Fine now. Hoping dinner stays down.

Sounds like morning sickness

Comment

Sounds like morning sickness
                                                                                                                Was waiting on that. I'm too old
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  You'd really react like that?
                                                                                                                  Ah no. I wasn't saying I would though.

Comment

Would be some craic if you were

Comment

Menopause? Dodgy Doughnut?

Comment

Ah no. I wasn't saying I would though.
                                                                                                                        I was hoping for a lecture from HJ or Honda. Wrong man bit . Boo

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X