Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers both. Augestenier is probably my favorite beer so music to my ears the brewery is in Munich!
    Just myself and a mate, food and drink main focus, I leave Wednesday
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
      Asian store on Drury St do frozen Edamame. I don't recall seeing any fresh stuff around Dublin in the past few years.
      Great Store. Best Asian supermarket in Dublin for me.
      Asia Market in Ballymount isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        Cheers both. Augestenier is probably my favorite beer so music to my ears the brewery is in Munich!
        Just myself and a mate, food and drink main focus, I leave Wednesday
        As you have Milan covered I'll just say that Nottingham forest for cocktails and the place beside the cathedral for fried pizza balls both lived up to expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
          Great Store. Best Asian supermarket in Dublin for me.
          Asia Market in Ballymount isn't bad.
          Same business afaik
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            She never had a chance.
            Are you sure about that, why not is it just that she is a postmenopausal woman?

At the moment she looks to me like the one best positioned to stop Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Are you sure about that, why not is it just that she is a postmenopausal woman?

At the moment she looks to me like the one best positioned to stop Trump
              Way too 'Northeast liberal' for the current political climate. She would wildly excite the liberals - but turn off the floaters.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                why is Edamame so fucking expensive.
                If I drop into sushi king or something for lunch a little cup of Edamame is about €5
                How popular is sushi in Dub? It's likely the food I eat the most since moving to Canada but I don't recall ever hearing its popularity in Ireland.

Comment

@Honda

Was only a 48 hour jobby for me so we just spent most of our time waking around randomly.

Place we ate on Saturday was called Donisl and is right beside the Glockenspiel in Marienplatz. We were looking for traditional German fayre and that place absolutely nailed it. Even the grumpy looking German waiter was good craic.

Other than that we did a walking tour with Radius tours, based in the main train station and it was excellent. Told the story of the city well and didnt feel like 2.5 hours.

Concentration camp tour was 6 hours and heavy going.

Augustiner definitely the bar to visit. Hofbrauhaus seemed like a total tourist trap so we just walked in, around and out.

Ate in a generic chain restaurant on Sunday for convenience. Was fine but obviously much better available.

Enjoy.

Trip report on Milan please. Have that booked for the October BH weekend and apart from getting a game in at San Siro, have no plans for the trip.

Comment

Guy on Pat Kenny this morning talking about food tours on city breaks, sounded like a cool thing to do.

Maybe check what Munich has to offer in that regard.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                      How popular is sushi in Dub? It's likely the food I eat the most since moving to Canada but I don't recall ever hearing its popularity in Ireland.
                      Not very, which is a shame considering the available produce. D2 in the IFSC are OK.

Comment

Good man Dobby, will take all into account aside from concentration camp, all ww2 stuff always interests me but too much grimness for a short stay. Will stick to eating and drinking and looking about ! My mate mentioned something about fried pizza balls bohsman wonder if it's same place. Will check it out, thanks again
                        airport, lol

Comment

Sitting on enemy territory for tonight's match

Well, sitting in 21°c beer garden by the port in Gibraltar in front of a big screen

Better not be shite!

Hard life!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                            Does it take a lot of time and organisation to eat properly while eating vegan/plant based (and by properly I mean ensuring you have adequate calorie intake etc.)

Assuming on-the-go options for breakfast/lunch aren't always widely available?
                            To get enough calories is very easy, it's getting too much that I struggle with! If you're eating really healthy like Lazare was in that meal I'd just say watch out and don't eat just veg, and if you do - eat a lot. Not many people have that problem. Some health fad skinny youtubers.

I'd say for on the go stuff it's hard at the start until you learn some stuff, then it's easy. Dublin is introducing things so fast I can't even try them all. I spend no time organising or thinking about it, a new vegan would.

If I drop into sushi king or something for lunch a little cup of Edamame is about €5
                            Dunno it always baffled me as a side that it was so expensive. Tasty af though.
                            Cheap enough in a supermarket but still not realllly cheap like other beans and chickpeas etc. Love it as a snack from the shells, salted up.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                            To piggyback on your question - where can one get Edamame in groceries and supermarkets in Ireland? Don't recall seeing it every but have a massive hunger for it at present!
                            As people said any Asian supermarket has frozen - in and out of shell, you can also get them fresh in tubs in Tesco in the fridge.

Cheapest is aforementioned markets.

Really enjoyed the Metallica gig in Slane and am now a big Ghost fan, they were awesome. What did the others who attended think of the day? We were in the Gold Circle a few peeps back from the centre mics, amazing being so close. Fairly certain I spotted Denny Crane on the big screen at one point, inside the Pit over towards the left-hand side?!
                            Place I was was class, left of stage at the front with all the mosh pits. Then moved back for different views up the hill near the end, epic views and sound. The production value was unreal, the huge screens with stuff like soldiers marching during One and then all turning into marching skeletons was amazing. A far cry from seeing them in 03/04. Lots of fire, balloons, fireworks, lasers, lights, so good. Timed fireworks to starting a riff in enter sandman etc. The opening to one was just class, mortar sounds with explosions on stage, fire, stuff that looked like machine gun fire etc
                            good shit
                            heard some places the crowd were really shit though
                            they were mental by me though, people covered in blood haha

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            Didn't see Ghost at all but they seem like a band that loses a bit of the show in the day time, seems like you'd get more at night time or at an indoor gig.
                            Defintiely a band you need to see inside and in the dark, people would have got a good experience up close though. As it stands they were really well received, sound was a bit low I thought.

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                            There's Japanese places popping up a lot in the last few years, wish there was more! All you can eat sushi sorely needed! There is a lot of Brazilian sushi around too.

Comment

Not very, which is a shame considering the available produce. D2 in the IFSC are OK.
                              I miss Yo Sushi on Clarendon Street. All food should come on a conveyor belt.

Comment

Really enjoyed the Metallica gig in Slane and am now a big Ghost fan, they were awesome. What did the others who attended think of the day?
                                How was access out of Slane after the show? i'd have little patience for that kind of craic anymore.

I feel old. I first saw Metallica in Oct 1988 in Antrim. 31 fecking years ago.

Set list was about 30% the same, crowd was about 2,000 and ticket cost £8.50!

Great show too.

It all went a bit 'rock star' crazy for them after that but they got very rich out of it so i suppose they don't care too much.

Comment

When they were putting together their North American tour they were almost taken aback that they could still do a stadium tour. But you can see why they're still at that level, serious production and professionalism in the shows. Kirk might not be 100%, but Hetfield is never dialling it in.

I'd no issue getting a bus back, but I was going to Drogheda, may have been different for the other exits, seemingly there were massive delays in the carparks. A decent % camped. They are the only band that could get me out to Slane.
                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-06-19, 20:03.

Comment

We drove, got there in like 40 or 50 mins from Dublin, 0 traffic the way we went.
                                    On the way back we waited 20 mins in the carpark then drove home, no issues. Home by 12 or 12:30 or something. Imagine it varied a lot. It was as fast for us as me going to a gig in town and I'm in phibsboro. We made sure to be up by the exit for when they finished.
                                    Friend was getting a bus back to just navan and wasn't home until 2am as the buses just weren't showing up.
                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-06-19, 20:18.

Comment

We stayed in a caravan there for two nights, very comfortable. Also far, far too old do to any other messing like using a bus or similar!

Previous visit to Slane was for REM in 1995, just the 24 year gap...

Comment

Went to listen to the Bob Woodward thing in the Olympia tonight. Half-way through Carl Bernstein walked onstage and joined proceedings.

Not too often you get to hear giants in their field giving their unfiltered thoughts. Epic, although far too much Trump focus for my liking.

Comment

On final ep of when they see us, Netflix. Jesus it's fucking tough to watch 😔

I'm wrecked with 35 mins left but can't switch off. Fucking awful sad
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Previous visit to Slane was for REM in 1995, just the 24 year gap...
                                            Last time for me too. Oasis supporting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                              Sitting on enemy territory for tonight's match

Well, sitting in 21°c beer garden by the port in Gibraltar in front of a big screen

Better not be shite!

Hard life!
                                              We were allowed bring our pints to the seats tonight. Very lax. Was weird.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                On final ep of when they see us, Netflix. Jesus it's fucking tough to watch 😔

I'm wrecked with 35 mins left but can't switch off. Fucking awful sad
                                                Yeah, last episode is rough, brilliant actor though.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Bah, reads better on twitter with the pic on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                      That's exactly how you posted it

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        That's exactly how you posted it
                                                        It was text at top on my home computer and at bottom on my work computer

Comment

Thought this was a classic:

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                            Thought this was a classic:

Bohs had a black striker a few years ago, got his own song.

Woah Black
                                                            Darren Mansaram

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                              Bohs had a black striker a few years ago, got his own song.

Woah Black
                                                              Darren Mansaram
                                                              My Favourite terrace chant this year was for Palace's Wan Bissaka to the tune of Rock the Casbah

Your wingers don't like him
                                                              Wan-Bissaka!, Wan-Bissaka!
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I can take €500 of my bonus as a one4all voucher, which is tax free so good. What have people bought with those? Know nothing about them. Guess I'll google it.

Comment

Funnily enough it's mainly good for HHE goods; wine, cheese, BT, Fallon & Byrne. A couple of restaurants take it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    I can take €500 of my bonus as a one4all voucher, which is tax free so good. What have people bought with those? Know nothing about them. Guess I'll google it.
                                                                    We get them all the time in work also have a savings xmas club and paid in them too.

List of retailers on their site.
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Regular shopping, Louis Copeland and everything in between. No brainer to take them. I’ll buy them off you for 400 if you’re really stuck!
                                                                      Last edited by V for Vendetta; 11-06-19, 11:34.
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I bid 405

Comment

Keep it up lads, gavel at the ready.

Comment

Amateurs!

I bid 275

This is how this stuff works right?

Comment

Really enjoyed the Metallica gig in Slane and am now a big Ghost fan, they were awesome. What did the others who attended think of the day? We were in the Gold Circle a few peeps back from the centre mics, amazing being so close. Fairly certain I spotted Denny Crane on the big screen at one point, inside the Pit over towards the left-hand side?!
                                                                              Noticed that I got caught fist bumping Kirk

Code:
                                                                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDW7mS5ovaI&feature=youtu.be&t=312
                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-06-19, 13:29.

Comment

They are pretty great, you can use them loads of places.
                                                                                Really handy for xmas shopping, which is the time of year I usually get them
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Mon lunch: Chopped's 'Vegan body builder wrap'. Very boring, much more dressing needed maybe (Balsamic vinegar) 3/10. Not the first time I've found one of their wraps boring so there's that.

Tue lunch: Subway's 'Vegan sub'. Actually pretty good, loaded with onions, gherkins, tomatoes and mayo. 6/10.

Benchmarking against the 10/10 lunch that is Eddie Rockets' M50 burger and cheese fries. ANFD.

Comment

Mon lunch: Chopped's 'Vegan body builder wrap'. Very boring, much more dressing needed maybe (Balsamic vinegar) 3/10. Not the first time I've found one of their wraps boring so there's that.

Tue lunch: Subway's 'Vegan sub'. Actually pretty good, loaded with onions, gherkins, tomatoes and mayo. 6/10.

Benchmarking against the 10/10 lunch that is Eddie Rockets' M50 burger and cheese fries. ANFD.
                                                                                    Next up beyond burger in eddie rockets

Comment

Going to Avignon and Lucerne next week. Any good places to eat at from either?

Comment

Find it strange that places charge the same for vegan salads/sandwiches as eh non vegan (?), they're missing the most expensive ingredient and it's not like they're making up for it with edamame

Comment

Yeah, annoying, a lot of places would charge less too. I'd notice it on mains for sure, or say simple food like a burrito might be a euro cheaper. I think the ingredient costs are not as significant as we'd think to the cost of the goods usually, staff, rent, electricity, insurance, blah blah too.
                                                                                          Sometimes it's straight up stupid so I avoid eating there.

Comment

Guy on Pat Kenny this morning talking about food tours on city breaks, sounded like a cool thing to do.

Maybe check what Munich has to offer in that regard.
                                                                                            We do that almost everywhere we go, I think I have waxed lyrical about them here before. They are usually excellent. Funny enough we are in Bali at the moment with a stop off in Hong Kong on the way back in a couple of days and aren't doing one in either place. In Bali the main reason is that I've found the local food rank and the Western food very good (plus doing a couple of short cycling tours) while HK apparently has the highest concentration of Michelin Star street food places in the world so hoping to fit as many of those as possible in on our own.

There's a tour called something like Tenements and Tasting in Manhatten that's probably the best half day I've ever done anywhere.

Comment

They are pretty great, you can use them loads of places.
                                                                                              Really handy for xmas shopping, which is the time of year I usually get them
                                                                                              ...Don't listen to them Tar, they are shite, literally nowhere to spend them except meat shops so totally useless to you... On a totally related topic, I bid €415 cash...

Comment

To piggyback on your question - where can one get Edamame in groceries and supermarkets in Ireland? Don't recall seeing it every but have a massive hunger for it at present!
                                                                                                I have the European Vice President for my product over in Dublin for 3 days ths week so I am looking after him. About 20 minutes after I answered this, I asked him if he wanted anything in particular for dinner last night and he replied 'Sushi' - Was rather happy at this reply - Plenty of Edamame was consumed also

Is Musashi still in the IFSC? Their branch on Capel St is my normal go to place for Sushi.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                I miss Yo Sushi on Clarendon Street. All food should come on a conveyor belt.
                                                                                                I used to go here far more than I should have due to convienient location but it was way overpriced and not as good quality as other places in Dublin.

Confirmed, a bowl of Edamame was €4.99 last night, worth every cent!

Comment

Tani in Terenure was delish, been a while since I was in it tho.
                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

TSLA rebounding Denny. Whassup?

Comment

Urgggh, went down with what looks like gallstones after my last post on Saturday. I'd have struck a deal with any God after 10 hours of the worst pain imaginable. Flipside is I haven't eaten a jot in 72 hours - I'm calling it the gallstone diet, deffo beats any other out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        Urgggh, went down with what looks like gallstones after my last post on Saturday. I'd have struck a deal with any God after 10 hours of the worst pain imaginable. Flipside is I haven't eaten a jot in 72 hours - I'm calling it the gallstone diet, deffo beats any other out there.
                                                                                                        Not even Liverpool fans deserve gallstones pain. On the plus side it's character building.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                          TSLA rebounding Denny. Whassup?
                                                                                                          Stock market in general is rebounding, but TSLA bouncing more on expectations of good sales. I'm still skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                            I had them a few years back, unpleasant to say the least. Had the gall bladder out a couple of months later.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              Stock market in general is rebounding, but TSLA bouncing more on expectations of good sales. I'm still skeptical.
                                                                                                              Yeah, heard that earlier from my VP. Our stock went up 1.5%. He called me out of a meeting to tell me. I tried to give him a look that said 'thanks for the info' whilst also saying 'Fuck you, you have waaaaayy more stock than me whereby 1.5% increase actually means something tangible compared to pittance I hold'

He then proceeded to tell me in detail about all the gains on all the stocks he holds...'twas a great 10 minute one sided conversation

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                Yeah, heard that earlier from my VP. Our stock went up 1.5%. He called me out of a meeting to tell me. I tried to give him a look that said 'thanks for the info' whilst also saying 'Fuck you, you have waaaaayy more stock than me whereby 1.5% increase actually means something tangible compared to pittance I hold'

He then proceeded to tell me in detail about all the gains on all the stocks he holds...'twas a great 10 minute one sided conversation
                                                                                                                Isnt it only a gain when he cashes it in ?
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I like the way he talks

Comment

One for the Cricket fans.

Edit: I tried embedding it using the [tweet] tags but didn't seem to work...

Edit edit: Thanks to Andy i've fixed it now.

Edit edit edit: No I haven't
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Rufio; 12-06-19, 09:05.
                                                                                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Comment

Interesting that they left Rory Stewart out of that.
                                                                                                                        I guess we know who Ian Hislop is cheering on.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Interesting that they left Rory Stewart out of that.
                                                                                                                          I guess we know who Ian Hislop is cheering on.
                                                                                                                          When you're given the choice between a kick to the balls or the blowtorch, you gonna offer to shine the man's shoes for him first

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X