Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I'd fancy China, Hong Kong maybe but you'd want some wedge to be able to afford to live there.

Australia is OK, not sure of the hate towards it but location would be key. Melbourne and Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, possibly Perth/Fremantle, anywhere else can jog on. The only issue I ever had with Oz was the distance from family back home. If you can square that off with yourself, you're laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Then they sent my bag to a far and distant carousel, far removed from the one advertised. Still dozens of confused Irish standing around.

Dutch efiiciency is actually not a thing at all. For some reason, I always lumped them in with ze Germans in that department.
      Not sure if it's Ryanair or the Dutch but I've always been at least 30 mins late leaving that airport.

Comment

I had very unnerving experience at the weekend at a party. There was a girl there that's in my extended friend group, that I don't know that well. Over the course of the evening she was trying to get to know me. But it seemed like a pre-planned kind of play. I can't really convey the experience well through words, and I can't really talk to my friends about it as it almost doesn't sound believable.

She mentioned about the first party we'd been at, maybe two years ago, she remembered everything about the party and really subtle details from interactions people had at it. Normally at a party especially around drunk people I'd feel like I had a good grasp of what's happening, and very much in hand of what's going on, but she made me feel like she's running rings around me. Where ever I thought I was, she was steps ahead of me.

She then started talking to me about an incident involving someone and oscillated her opinion from agreeing with them to be being really against them, backwards and forwards sentence by sentence, all the while being completely convincing. Almost demonstrating that she had a good grasp of how I think about things but she was inscrutable.

She demonstrated that she has an unreal grasp of expressions and micro-expressions, something I've never seen before, and she was able to run quickly run through a range of emotions. Anger deep distraught sadness, a funny impression all in a couple of seconds and highly convincing.

She was asking about what sort of humour I was into, and she mentioned she's really into dark dry humour.

At the start of the night she told me a story, and I just took it at face value, later she mentioned it again, and then on the third telling me I realised that it was a story she had concocted to have a really subtle dark jab at me.

Later she was doing a lot of the talking and then stopped dead and asked me to take over, I just stutted for a second or too, finding it difficult to just drum up good conversation on the spot, she started mimicking me closely and intensely which kinda created a feedback loop where I was really unsettled and unable to spark up conversation. Felt like she testing and prodding me.

I found it a rather terrifying mix of incredible raw intelligence, acting skills, with a desire to play games with people.

In between conversations she mentioned things like don't tell people about me, don't give me away to people. Asking was what she doing weird.

When she was practising her micro-expressions she was almost playing a game of charades with me, and was getting delighted that I was getting it. It all seemed so practised.

Just before she was leaving she pretended to be a bit drunker than she was and said something a little bit silly to me, and I just looked at her in confusion, she was completely putting it on, and for absolutely no reason. Almost like it was a test.

Not only was I confused about why she would do that, but I was confused about why she let me in on the games she plays, I would have 100% taken what she said at face value otherwise. I'd have never figured it out that this is how she behaves around people.

When she was leaving I was going to pull her aside and ask about it, but from a few feet away she made eye contact with me I gave her a look of "what's that all about", and she gave a nonchalant look of "I dunno" and left.

I can't really convey the experience well, and it was slowly built up layer by layer over many hours, but it was incredibly unnerving. I spent hours running over it after I left. I know her boyfriend and friends of hers and no one has ever mentioned anything like that about her.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
          Where does the Mrs want to be? She’s earlier in her career so next steps are probably more important. You don’t sound terribly pushed and can go a number of places. Happy wife happy life.
          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          To be honest I've no idea. Talked to her and she doesn't have a plan.
          Well I’d advise that you work on helping her figure that out. It’s going to be critical for you and the kids.

Two things:
          1. Oz isn't a fucked-up country
          2. Is it now cool for Irish people to publicly talk very specifically about money? As in actual numbers. Seems very American.

Edit, actually three. China is a pretty hideous dictatorship that rather exuberantly executes its own people.
          Why not talk about money? It’s part of the decision but 150k in Dublin may not go as far as 120k in France I’d suspect.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            I had very unnerving experience at the weekend at a party. There was a girl there that's in my extended friend group, that I don't know that well. Over the course of the evening she was trying to get to know me. But it seemed like a pre-planned kind of play. I can't really convey the experience well through words, and I can't really talk to my friends about it as it almost doesn't sound believable.

She mentioned about the first party we'd been at, maybe two years ago, she remembered everything about the party and really subtle details from interactions people had at it. Normally at a party especially around drunk people I'd feel like I had a good grasp of what's happening, and very much in hand of what's going on, but she made me feel like she's running rings around me. Where ever I thought I was, she was steps ahead of me.

She then started talking to me about an incident involving someone and oscillated her opinion from agreeing with them to be being really against them, backwards and forwards sentence by sentence, all the while being completely convincing. Almost demonstrating that she had a good grasp of how I think about things but she was inscrutable.

She demonstrated that she has an unreal grasp of expressions and micro-expressions, something I've never seen before, and she was able to run quickly run through a range of emotions. Anger deep distraught sadness, a funny impression all in a couple of seconds and highly convincing.

She was asking about what sort of humour I was into, and she mentioned she's really into dark dry humour.

At the start of the night she told me a story, and I just took it at face value, later she mentioned it again, and then on the third telling me I realised that it was a story she had concocted to have a really subtle dark jab at me.

Later she was doing a lot of the talking and then stopped dead and asked me to take over, I just stutted for a second or too, finding it difficult to just drum up good conversation on the spot, she started mimicking me closely and intensely which kinda created a feedback loop where I was really unsettled and unable to spark up conversation. Felt like she testing and prodding me.

I found it a rather terrifying mix of incredible raw intelligence, acting skills, with a desire to play games with people.

In between conversations she mentioned things like don't tell people about me, don't give me away to people. Asking was what she doing weird.

When she was practising her micro-expressions she was almost playing a game of charades with me, and was getting delighted that I was getting it. It all seemed so practised.

Just before she was leaving she pretended to be a bit drunker than she was and said something a little bit silly to me, and I just looked at her in confusion, she was completely putting it on, and for absolutely no reason. Almost like it was a test.

Not only was I confused about why she would do that, but I was confused about why she let me in on the games she plays, I would have 100% taken what she said at face value otherwise. I'd have never figured it out that this is how she behaves around people.

When she was leaving I was going to pull her aside and ask about it, but from a few feet away she made eye contact with me I gave her a look of "what's that all about", and she gave a nonchalant look of "I dunno" and left.

I can't really convey the experience well, and it was slowly built up layer by layer over many hours, but it was incredibly unnerving. I spent hours running over it after I left. I know her boyfriend and friends of hers and no one has ever mentioned anything like that about her.
            Flashback central.

Steer clear and watch from afar, and see people get fucked over by this lunatic, or watch her go in full psycho mode at some point.

Great fun but don't engage

Comment

That girl has spent her life mimicking emotions because she doesn't feel them.

Comment

Why not talk about money? It’s part of the decision but 150k in Dublin may not go as far as 120k in France I’d suspect.
                Yeah I don't ever understand this. Not discussing these things is a net disadvantage to everyone but the employer I think.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

That was a terrifically well written and descriptive account Denny. So many layers. I think we can all relate somewhat.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      Flashback central.

Steer clear and watch from afar, and see people get fucked over by this lunatic, or watch her go in full psycho mode at some point.

Great fun but don't engage
                      It was a mix between being the most intriguing thing I've seen, to also being one of the scariest. I don't really understand why she let me in on it, unless that's just another level to the game, and in group situations there's going to be nods to me about what's going on but I can't really do anything about it.

We've all met mad people I guess, but I've never met anyone with such practised skill at it.

Even trying to get it across to my girlfriend was difficult, she said quite reasonably that I sounded like a mad man, and was possibly misinterpreting things. It's only that she knows and trusts me that she took it on board. There's no way anyone else would believe it.

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                      That was a terrifically well written and descriptive account Denny. So many layers. I think we can all relate somewhat.
                      That's high praise! I still feel like I still haven't fully gotten it all across, but since it was over so many hours it'd be too long of a post to try and write.
                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 04-06-19, 19:49.

Comment

Yer woman is just shitting with you. Ive met a a few freak shows over the years . Manipulation is their bag. Luckily for me I keep everything at a distinct bullshit level. Tis hard to dig through it. Next time sprinkle beer at her and say . 'The power of Christ compels you' if she burns date her she's one of the sane ones. If she doesn't just keep reading knock knock jokes from your phone.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Money is clearly a massive thing, no? That's the key Dublin selling point.

It's not great in Dublin though. Everything over €35k gets charged tax at 67% (public sector tax includes 13% pension, plus other bits like health insurance).
                              The promised pension has some value too. Questionable how much though.

What’s the pay in China anyway? Would it come close to Europe?
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Comment

How high were you Denny?
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                      Yer woman is just shitting with you. Ive met a a few freak shows over the years . Manipulation is their bag. Luckily for me I keep everything at a distinct bullshit level. Tis hard to dig through it. Next time sprinkle beer at her and say . 'The power of Christ compels you' if she burns date her she's one of the sane ones. If she doesn't just keep reading knock knock jokes from your phone.
                                      That's you all over on the face of it, thats a a defense mechanism of some sort really as you refuse to go deep. You have to examine these behaviors really otherwise life is just a flippant journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                        How high were you Denny?
                                        I was leaning more toward "How high was she?"

Comment

Sadly no. Was on the 70th floor or so of a Hong Kong hotel and the windows were just open like you could pop out.

Hate heights with a passion. Like Eric Clapton presumably does.
                                          Was over visiting a mate before going on hols last month and he had a BBQ on so sat talking to his dad for a while as he told me two stories of people he knew well losing small kids to drowning in Hotel Pools on holidays and the subsequent horrors they went through.

Comment

I guess it's about 100k. Earn a lot more than that here, but it would have much more spending power there. Not particularly driven by current spending power though given my age, it's just about the extent to which it would be an enjoyable way to spend a few years.
                                            You’d imagine that would go a long way in China. Has to be a lot of opportunities out there but you’d have to learn Chinese to make the most of it I’d say.

I wouldn’t be up for living in China at this stage of my life and family situation but it definitely would be interesting experience and it would give the kids a really interesting education and future proof them.

Comment

That's you all over on the face of it, thats a a defense mechanism of some sort really as you refuse to go deep. You have to examine these behaviors really otherwise life is just a flippant journey.
                                              It's a blocker for sure. Parties etc are a flippant journey to me. I go deep with the few . No crazy bint at a party gets to hear my soul . I'm curious about people who do reveal though. I'd have probably explored some deep thoughts whilst under the influence but I've no desire to do so to randomers . I prefer to listen to their stuff anyway as I already know mine.

Knock knock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Was over visiting a mate before going on hols last month and he had a BBQ on so sat talking to his dad for a while as he told me two stories of people he knew well losing small kids to drowning in Hotel Pools on holidays and the subsequent horrors they went through.
                                                Spent the whole holiday last year following the kids around the pool and hotel. Exhausting but the fear is real . Had to id a 6 year old in the 80s . The parents never recovered.

Comment

You’d imagine that would go a long way in China. Has to be a lot of opportunities out there but you’d have to learn Chinese to make the most of it I’d say.

I wouldn’t be up for living in China at this stage of my life and family situation but it definitely would be interesting experience and it would give the kids a really interesting education and future proof them.
                                                  Hitch could move to Oz and his kids could learn Chinese. Boom, problem solved with not a hi-rise in sight.

My two Australo-Irish-Swiss nieces had to compulsorily learn Chinese in primary school in Taz. Australia very much looks to the Pacific Rim first and foremost.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

How high were you Denny?
                                                    Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                    I'd go a little from column A & a little from column B with a sprinkle of manic in her column for good measure

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                      How high were you Denny?
                                                      Neither of us were, I could misinterpret an interaction or two but not that many.

She pretended to be a little towards the end, but she demonstrated that she's far too with it in general for me to have believed her, and it too much of a shift in her demeanor.
                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 04-06-19, 21:47.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        any self respecting man about town needs no more than a carry on (jocks,socks, shirt,jeans,shoes) unless travelling for a month.
                                                        Suit, shirts, HHE shoes on shoe trees

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          Question re: Ryanair

> The priority queue + 1 bag option was sold out. So I am checked in with non-priority and a small bag. What's the craic when I get to the gate? Will I get by with a small Samsonite cabin bag or should I downsize my bag?
                                                          You just drop your 10kg bag at check-in and go through security with comp bag or backpack minus any liquids and less hassle. I love it!

Comment

Neither of us were, I could misinterpret an interaction or two but not that many.

She pretended to be a little towards the end, but she demonstrated that she's far too with it in general for me to have believed her, and it too much of a shift in her demeanor.
                                                            Pics or gtfo

Comment

Comment

How can we be sure that's even Denny posting?

Comment

Agreed it was very well written. On your second point, I can't relate it to at all.

Probably a reverso anyway.

Comment

Good morning lovely people. I have someone who would like to say hello

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                      That girl has spent her life mimicking emotions because she doesn't feel them.
                                                                      THIS. If you've never met a real sociopath or if you've never had a sociopath reveal themselves to you before it can be unbelievably strange. Stay as far away from her as you possibly can, never be alone with her and be absolutely sure to tell someone you trust about the experience.
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                        THIS. If you've never met a real sociopath or if you've never had a sociopath reveal themselves to you before it can be unbelievably strange. Stay as far away from her as you possibly can, never be alone with her and be absolutely sure to tell someone you trust about the experience.
                                                                        Not to be pedantic but the description Denny gave appears to me at least to be someone more likely to have psychopathic tendencies than sociopathic.

She sounds like some very intelligent, highly controlled and clearly quite manipulative.
                                                                        Perhaps they are also traits related to the sociopathic as I'm sure there is a spectrum between the two but on the face of it, they seemed to be exhibiting behaviours closer akin to the psychopathic.

Comment

Tim Farrelly 3/23 in event number 9 $600 NLHE deepstack at wsop. $400K ftw

Comment

Surely you have to get the ride first? Otherwise she wins.

Comment

What did she say at the end that was silly Denny? What were the details of the incident at previous party?

I am a bit lost to why she is crazy.

Comment

Suit, shirts, HHE shoes on shoe trees
                                                                                You bring your own shoe tree with you?
                                                                                It's like interacting with a different species sometimes

re: the shoe tree.
                                                                                Why not use those lightweight plastic ones

or....sanitary towels
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                  What did she say at the end that was silly Denny? What were the details of the incident at previous party?

Yeah struggling to see it too. Are you sure it wasn’t just a dream you had after eating too much Brie?

Comment

Had to Google image search shoe tree. Then had to Wikipedia to see what the point is. Still not entirely convinced they should exist, but as a person who wears casual shoes/runners approx 362 days a year I'll bow to the shoe wearers.
                                                                                    Now that I'm permanent, I think I'll throw out all of my 'work jumpers' and invest in a new wardrobe of hoodies

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                      Not to be pedantic but the description Denny gave appears to me at least to be someone more likely to have psychopathic tendencies than sociopathic.

She sounds like some very intelligent, highly controlled and clearly quite manipulative.
                                                                                      Perhaps they are also traits related to the sociopathic as I'm sure there is a spectrum between the two but on the face of it, they seemed to be exhibiting behaviours closer akin to the psychopathic.
                                                                                      sounds like most successful executives or politicians to me

Comment

Of course you're correct. And how could I ever be annoyed at pedantry???

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                          Had to Google image search shoe tree. Then had to Wikipedia to see what the point is. Still not entirely convinced they should exist, but as a person who wears casual shoes/runners approx 362 days a year I'll bow to the shoe wearers.
                                                                                          Now that I'm permanent, I think I'll throw out all of my 'work jumpers' and invest in a new wardrobe of hoodies
                                                                                          I am 100% blaming this on V for Vendetta.

Before I met him, I didn't know what a shoe tree was.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                            Good morning lovely people. I have someone who would like to say hello

SPOILER
                                                                                            How the fuck did you get up at 6.30 . I'm here puking over your balcony...

It's far from happy hour now
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                              Tim Farrelly 3/23 in event number 9 $600 NLHE deepstack at wsop. $400K ftw
                                                                                              Bust in 13th

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                Bust in 13th
                                                                                                no details on a 15m hand?
                                                                                                that's poor from the updating team
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Is Guinness meatopia worth going to? Are you getting nibbles and small beers for the 60 blips or is it something worth while?

Comment

Don't get why she showed me though. She's obviously not worried about me being able to convince other people about it.

I'm not sure she is crazy, more just that she has an incredible ability to run rings around people. If she did turn on you you'd be fucked though.

And the ability to mimic emotion is unnerving, it's impossible to read her actual feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      no details on a 15m hand?
                                                                                                      that's poor from the updating team
                                                                                                      AQ v JJ

Run out was QQJ - J - 4

Pretty horrid way to bust

Comment

Don't get why she showed me though. She's obviously not worried about me being able to convince other people about it.
                                                                                                        To catch a thief...
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Is Guinness meatopia worth going to? Are you getting nibbles and small beers for the 60 blips or is it something worth while?
                                                                                                          Ticket includes access to Guinness x Meatopia, 5 Meatopia dishes of your choice, 5 specially paired taster beers, 1 pint of the Guinness x Meatopia special brew, cutting room sessions, access to world renowned chefs, live music and entertainment.
                                                                                                          ..

Comment

But seriously though, just run and if the lad is involved with her is a friend find out if he knows what he's letting himself in for.

I know two people that ended up not getting away, one worked out ok in the long run but that case had more scope for personal development. The other lad is 30 years deep into stockholm syndrome, he is literally a prisoner in his own home and marriage, despite the best efforts of his family its only ever going to end when one of them dies, genuinely tragic situation.

Comment

Guessing "beers" means not pints, and I'm guessing the "dishes" are something like several amuse bouches. Might still give it a spin.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-06-19, 11:41.

Comment

Speaking of tragic situations...

Comment

.
                                                                                                                  Perhaps she simply finds you interesting or she didn't reveal herself anymore to you than she does to any other but rather you came to a realisation that most others fail to grasp.

You mentioned you recognised her efforts to toy with you when she ran through her story on the 3rd attempt.
                                                                                                                  She may attempt similar with others but they simply fail to realise what she is doing.
                                                                                                                  Maybe she continued to engage with you when she recognised your capacity to grasp her efforts which is novel for her, take it as a compliment.
                                                                                                                  Clearly I go to shite parties though.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm "building" a pc today. It seems more like a Lego project than anything particularly technical so I'm hopeful I won't mess it up.

£900 for parts which would have been almost double to have it built, looks fine according to YouTube.

Comment

Guessing "beers" means not pints, and I'm guessing the "dishes" are something like several amuse bouches. Might still give it a spin.
                                                                                                                    Went on a walking tour round liberties a few months ago organised by Guinness and went for Pints and food after in that place. 1 Pint free, paid for food and drink ourselves after. Was full pints and they had a LA style food truck outside and Other plates to Order-Burger/Wings/Burritos etc. Was all decent quality grub and some nice pints, altho most of the experimental stuff is a hard fail in my book, grand for a taste but not something you would drink on a sesh.
                                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

AQ v JJ

Run out was QQJ - J - 4

Pretty horrid way to bust
                                                                                                                      Oh man, that is a fkin nasty way to go out. Ughhhhhh ul Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        But seriously though, just run and if the lad is involved with her is a friend find out if he knows what he's letting himself in for.

I know two people that ended up not getting away, one worked out ok in the long run but that case had more scope for personal development. The other lad is 30 years deep into stockholm syndrome, he is literally a prisoner in his own home and marriage, despite the best efforts of his family its only ever going to end when one of them dies, genuinely tragic situation.
                                                                                                                        Funny you say that, he left a great relationship with someone substantially younger and prettier and all round great catch to get back with the woman in question. he's never been sort of female attention so I could never understand why he had a fixation on just her. But I get it now.

There's not a chance I'm going up against her though. Would be pure suicide.

Perhaps she simply finds you interesting or she didn't reveal herself anymore to you than she does to any other but rather you came to a realisation that most others fail to grasp.

You mentioned you recognised her efforts to toy with you when she ran through her story on the 3rd attempt.
                                                                                                                        She may attempt similar with others but they simply fail to realise what she is doing.
                                                                                                                        Maybe she continued to engage with you when she recognised your capacity to grasp her efforts which is novel for her, take it as a compliment.
                                                                                                                        Clearly I go to shite parties though.
                                                                                                                        I did consider that possibility but it seems narcissistic to think that was it.

She did seem to have this really inner delight when I was able to grasp the charades she was doing through really subtle expressions. It was like a story she had written that she was trying to get me to figure out step by step. So abnormal.

Early on in the night when I was trying to work out what was going on I mentioned it to someone who only knows her vaguely, and they said she can be a bit weird, and didn't give it any more consideration.

It was something you'd expect from a character in a Mark O'Rowe play rather than someone you meet at a party

Anyway, I'm sure all will be revealed in time.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm "building" a pc today. It seems more like a Lego project than anything particularly technical so I'm hopeful I won't mess it up.
                                                                                                                        Yeah, surprisingly easy, just about putting it in the slot it fits in, could likely almost figure it out without instructions.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-06-19, 12:25.

Comment

Yeah, surprisingly easy, just about putting it in the slot it fits in, could likely almost figure it out without instructions.
                                                                                                                          Probably better advice for dealing with women than all the other posts tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X