Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Eurovision party this year so.
    Fifth time in six years we've been tossed out early.
    Even the feckin' turkey in a shopping trolley
    managed to make the actual show!
    Last edited by DeeBrown; 16-05-19, 23:33.

Comment

Seems like Trump's ego has bern bruised by the suggestion that he shouldn't meet a fellow head of state at one of his commercial enterprises.

wp Leo imo, neat way to keep the fucker away!
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ouch!

I wonder did they tell the punter. You'd be a little sick if you only found out the next day.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Ouch!

I wonder did they tell the punter. You'd be a little sick if you only found out the next day.

From what I read the punter wasn't told.
          When they went to order a second bottle they were gently steered towards a different (i.e. cheaper) wine without it being mentioned why.
          With normal restaurant markups it's possibly not that exceptional a bottle anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            When they went to order a second bottle they were gently steered towards a different (i.e. cheaper) wine without it being mentioned why.
            With normal restaurant markups it's possibly not that exceptional a bottle anyway?
            they'd ordered a £230 bottle to start with anyway so they intended to drink a good wine regardless. From what i read that le pin pomerol 2001 is very exclusive, only 500 cases of it were ever made so it is incredibly rare and not many people have actually tasted it, but it is considered to be pretty exceptional. it retails around 2.5 to 3k a bottle

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              Seems like they're not marking it up enough.

Exotic, opulent, extravagant, and impossible to resist, the 2000 Le Pin is an explosive, virtually perfect example of this estate. Dense purple-colored, with luxurious levels of extract and richness, this intense, unctuously-textured, black fruit-filled Pomerol is thick enough to drink with a spoon. Revealing abundan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

https://www.bbr.com/products-875-2000-le-pin-pomerol
                that's the 2000

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  that's the 2000
                  That's the most French thing I've ever heard

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    they'd ordered a £230 bottle to start with anyway so they intended to drink a good wine regardless. From what i read that le pin pomerol 2001 is very exclusive, only 500 cases of it were ever made so it is incredibly rare and not many people have actually tasted it, but it is considered to be pretty exceptional. it retails around 2.5 to 3k a bottle
                    Sour Grapes has ruined the idea of super expensive wine for me
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That's the most French thing I've ever heard
                      lol 7k difference between the 2000 and 2001

Comment

The Tory-Labour Brexit talks have collapsed. No surprise, given the extreme fuckwittery of both leaders.

So over to parliament for more gobshitery next week.

Nature abhors a vacumn. Who better to fill a vacumn than PM Boris?

UK is fucked, fucked utterly.

Comment

I presume many here have watched BBC's Storyville - Brexit:behind close doors.

Kinda eyeopening in a sense that the EU team basically call their UK counterparts fuckwits at every opportunity. I'm sure the fuckwits themselves, after watching the documentary, will dig their heels in even more now.

Comment

fuck 'em

Comment

They are fuckwits though, cant argue against it. And they aren't digging their heels in about anything, just not a breeze what to do. Wouldnt matter if UK had sent the greatest negotiators in human history, still would have ended up with a similar deal and UK parliament would have rejected that too. Theresa May is in the Junior Soprano role last year or 2, lightning rod to take the hits for the next hopefuls. Big Problem is the UK has only got Litte-Carmine Lupertazzis scheming to get the big job, no Tony Sopranos.
                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

https://www.bbr.com/products-875-2000-le-pin-pomerol
                                Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

Kinda eyeopening in a sense that the EU team basically call their UK counterparts fuckwits at every opportunity. I'm sure the fuckwits themselves, after watching the documentary, will dig their heels in even more now.
                                Really there is nothing in the two hours, except for the Olly Robbins joke about wanting the Belgian passport, that hadn't been said in public or extensively reported already. If you were to look at the comments made at which offence could be taken they were as nothing compared to the abuse levelled from London towards them.
                                But you have one side with a very clear set of objectives and an understanding of what needs to happen to get towards them and on the other side you have a bunch of headless chickens who haven't a clue what they want or how to get it but they are going to scream and shout until they get it

We may have made a disastrous mistake by not letting them go on no deal.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Brexit won't happen.

Btw . Is HH dead ?

Comment

Twittering like a mofo so don't think so

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                      Brexit won't happen.

Btw . Is HH dead ?
                                      He will be back here tomorrow, 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Really there is nothing in the two hours, except for the Olly Robbins joke about wanting the Belgian passport, that hadn't been said in public or extensively reported already. If you were to look at the comments made at which offence could be taken they were as nothing compared to the abuse levelled from London towards them.
                                        But you have one side with a very clear set of objectives and an understanding of what needs to happen to get towards them and on the other side you have a bunch of headless chickens who haven't a clue what they want or how to get it but they are going to scream and shout until they get it

We may have made a disastrous mistake by not letting them go on no deal.
                                        Why? A few extra months to prepare...hardly disastrous.

Comment

Why? A few extra months to prepare...hardly disastrous.
                                          Farrage and a gang of Aaron Banks vetted thugs sitting in inside the tent pissing all over the EP and Boris or someone even worse in No 10

How much more can you prepare for no deal, get a clearer focus on punishing them is about it!
                                          It has to be no deal now or we are in for a decade of brexit being the only show in town.

Comment

Farrage and a gang of Aaron Banks vetted thugs sitting in inside the tent pissing all over the EP and Boris or someone even worse in No 10

How much more can you prepare for no deal, get a clearer focus on punishing them is about it!
                                            It has to be no deal now or we are in for a decade of brexit being the only show in town.
                                            We would probably prefer not to have neighbours go through economic and societal collapse.

'No deal' is not the clean break option people like to paint it as. Even the idiots at Westminster recognise that.

Comment

They're animals anyway, so let them lose their souls!

Comment

Like I reported yesterday the put options I had previously sold were exercised and I was forced to buy the stock at 420. My opinion is that this was not isolated but a strategy to cause multiple margin calls in retail forcing a huge dump of shares. I believe that is what we are seeing today, forced liquidations. Ordinarily I would say that if the shorts were smart they would start covering, but what the hell do I know about being smart with TSLA anyway? Should have bought puts after I covered the margin I guess....

Anyway this is probably an all out attempt to drive stock below 200 and trigger that famous margin call on Elon which I do not believe exists. Bought some more at 220.

Tesla fan site is gold.
                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 17-05-19, 15:01.

Comment

I'm just pissed because I don't have any spare cash to buy more right now
                                                  System working well, send more money.
                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 17-05-19, 15:18.

Comment

Luna to close with immediate effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      System working well, send more money.
                                                      It’s things like this that always amaze me about thhow stock market and how people get wrapped up in the “the market is telling us something” line, very often the market is absolutely wrong about something as the level of analysis, especially in niche stocks, is basically de minimus even with th large institutional buyers. TSLA gets good coverage, but having personally dealt with Einhorn, I’d back his call on them being a huge short. His fund goes into insane detail.

Comment

RIP Grumpy Cat https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48308638
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                          It’s things like this that always amaze me about thhow stock market and how people get wrapped up in the “the market is telling us something” line, very often the market is absolutely wrong about something as the level of analysis, especially in niche stocks, is basically de minimus even with th large institutional buyers. TSLA gets good coverage, but having personally dealt with Einhorn, I’d back his call on them being a huge short. His fund goes into insane detail.
                                                          Yeah I'm no believer in EMH. But that Tesla forum is a great lesson in human psychology. It's a forum of enthusiasts who are pumping money into it. They like the car so ergo it must be a great investment. Elon is some sort of demigod to them.

A solid year long decline in the stock while everything else is going up doesn't phase them, it's all a conspiracy or the analysts "don't get it". There's no dissenting opinion. It's a good illustration of why you should talk to people who disagree with you.
                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 17-05-19, 18:29.

Comment

Managed to break the handle of a garden fork earlier while trying to remove some stubborn ivy. Think the fork itself is worth saving, as it's some serious metal from the 70's. Went at the rivet with a drill, and was getting nowhere fast. Took out the angle grinder, that hadn't been used in years, and glad I eventually found some goggles. Angle grinder worked a treat.

Tried the local Homebase for a replacement handle, though it seems that's a notion from the past. Don't really have the tools to whittle the old one down. Though really want to use that word more often. Whittle.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                              Luna to close with immediate effect.
                                                              Anyone who would end up with 'Staff Tailored by Louis Copeland' printed on their menu was never going to be very good at running a restaurant. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                Tried the local Homebase for a replacement handle, though it seems that's a notion from the past. Don't really have the tools to whittle the old one down. Though really want to use that word more often. Whittle.
                                                                Most proper hardware and Garden shops will have them, obv you need to ask for Four Candles.

Comment

Managed to break the handle of a garden fork earlier while trying to remove some stubborn ivy. Think the fork itself is worth saving, as it's some serious metal from the 70's. Went at the rivet with a drill, and was getting nowhere fast. Took out the angle grinder, that hadn't been used in years, and glad I eventually found some goggles. Angle grinder worked a treat.

RIP Trigger, love this and how it sparked many a philosophical debate on Theseus' paradox in college :) Oh that ship of Theseus.

Comment

Anyone who would end up with 'Staff Tailored by Louis Copeland' printed on their menu was never going to be very good at running a restaurant. IMO
                                                                    Same owner as Butchers Grill in Ranelagh and 777 on George's St.

Haven't been in 777 in a long time but Butchers Grill is pretty much jam packed every night of the week.

I think they just went too redonk over the top with Luna, not even the resurrection of the Celtic Tiger could keep it open.

Comment

The Chameleon restaurant is not half bad but somehow seems a bit unsatisfactory in some ways. Maybe it's what I ordered but lacking in substance. Am half pissed in sine e now though!!!
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                        Same owner as Butchers Grill in Ranelagh and 777 on George's St.

Haven't been in 777 in a long time but Butchers Grill is pretty much jam packed every night of the week.

I think they just went too redonk over the top with Luna, not even the resurrection of the Celtic Tiger could keep it open.
                                                                        Didn't he say he was making ~1% in Butchers Grill? Probably didn't stand a chance in the other place

Comment

Didn't he say he was making ~1% in Butchers Grill? Probably didn't stand a chance in the other place
                                                                          I recall GAB had a humourus run in with him a while back
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Don't remember Wheeler Walker Jr. being mentioned here before. His traditionally most difficult third album, is his best yet.

Wheeler's brand new album, WW III, featuring "All The Pussy You Will Slay" and "I Like Smoking Pot (A Lot)" is available now. Get WW III: https://ffm.to/wwii...

Comment

AI Generated version of Joe Rogan's voice. Shit is going to get really weird in the years to come.

NEW: The latest phase of our work raising public awareness with deepfakes it out, this time featuring a hyper-realistic deepfake of Joe Rogan that combines a...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                AI Generated version of Joe Rogan's voice.
                                                                                Maybe I'm missing the joke, but that has nothing to do with AI.

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Maybe I'm missing the joke, but that has nothing to do with AI.
                                                                                    AI generated voice? Everything you hear in the clip is the result of a deep learning algorithm developed called RealTalk from a company called Dessa, which converts any text typed into the model to his voice.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      Ridic busy with a lot of stuff, hence not posting.

On a sidenote: Season 5 of Line of Duty seems to make no sense.
                                                                                      Lost the complete run of itself. The end of the finale was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on telly. Am pot committed now so will watch season 6 when it's out which I hope will be the last.

Comment

AI generated voice? Everything you hear in the clip is the result of a deep learning algorithm developed called RealTalk from a company called Dessa, which converts any text typed into the model to his voice.

Opr
                                                                                        It's pretty slick but I don't consider that AI.

Comment

Finally managed to commit Mrs DIII to moving house next weekend. Looking forward to a June bank holiday weekend with absolutely no jobs to do.

Comment

Yeah. Proper rogan AI would be answering YOUR questions with references to Gorillas, romeos dick, weed, calling another Jamie AI to call shit up and onnit (that's O. N.N. I. T) pills

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

You went to the other place to ask about beef ribs ? ?
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Why? These systems are designed on how we learn and then make decisions. Deep learning involves the creation of artificial neural networks which are algorithms inspired by the human brain and working to mimic its process of learning and then doing tasks.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                  Yeah. Proper rogan AI would be answering YOUR questions with references to Gorillas, romeos dick, weed, calling another Jamie AI to call shit up and onnit (that's O. N.N. I. T) pills
                                                                                                  You're missing the bonobos riding anything with a pulse.

Comment

We would probably prefer not to have neighbours go through economic and societal collapse.

'No deal' is not the clean break option people like to paint it as. Even the idiots at Westminster recognise that.
                                                                                                    This is a good article on this topic

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Beyonce Homecoming is some flick...

Homecoming: A Film By Beyoncé is a 2019 Emmy® Awards Nominee.This intimate, in-depth look at Beyoncé's celebrated 2018 Coachella performance reveals the emot...

Comment

TIGER had his arse handed to him . Admit you were wrongg Willie .

Comment

Going to visit Broceliande tomorrow. A rather amazing history to that place dating back to at least the 11th century.
                                                                                                            I want to go to a legendary enchanted forest.

Comment

Why? These systems are designed on how we learn and then make decisions. Deep learning involves the creation of artificial neural networks which are algorithms inspired by the human brain and working to mimic its process of learning and then doing tasks.

Opr
                                                                                                              It's obvious impressive, that it's replicating a voice and speech pattern. But it's still (as far as I understand it) reading a human generated script. It's basically a step up from Stephen Hawking sounding robo-voices. Sat-nav instructions will improve.
                                                                                                              I think what CC is getting at is that true AI would be conversational.

Comment

Going to visit Broceliande tomorrow. A rather amazing history to that place dating back to at least the 11th century.
                                                                                                                What was there before the 11th century?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  It's obvious impressive, that it's replicating a voice and speech pattern. But it's still (as far as I understand it) reading a human generated script. It's basically a step up from Stephen Hawking sounding robo-voices. Sat-nav instructions will improve.
                                                                                                                  I think what CC is getting at is that true AI would be conversational.
                                                                                                                  Nah what CC is saying the science fiction definition of AI is what he uses to define any AI.

Which is fine but it stops him being able to see the innovation and awesomeness of where we are, even if we are miles away, and we are, from computers taking over pretty much anything requiring non mechanical thinking.
                                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Tesla fan site is gold.
                                                                                                                    I may not be reading this correctly. But from my basic understanding of the terminology, that seems total bonkers.
                                                                                                                    He sold 500 puts at 420. The put buyer buy exercised his option when the price hit 220.
                                                                                                                    And the thinks the motivation was to hit the stock price...rather than cash in the $100k put option. WTF

I bet he's convinced himself that he really only bought 1500 at 285 when you average it out both days.

Comment

Its probably a bit insensitive of me to make any comment at all but IMO if you climb Everest and don't survive the descent that is well within the scope of things that can be expected to happen when you climb Everest.

I know many people pay the entire cost of their trip and tack on a fundraising effort on top and that is great but there is a striking contrast between the gofundme page his family have opened to recover his body and the one set up to fund the trip and raise money for Barretstown

Comment

Irish Independent said during the week that we've fallen out of love with Eurovision. Loada gash imo.

So, IPB Eurovision 2019 Sweep - Lets Rise like a Phoenix.
                                                                                                                        26 countries participating, going to strike out the Top 2 in the betting - Holland and Australia. Leaves 24.

Need 8 players @ €25. Honour based system, no escrow, so only known good eggs need apply.

You will get 3 countries each in a random draw (moderate seeding to prevent anyone getting three 100/1 shots) overseen by me.
                                                                                                                        Scoring system - your two lowest scoring countries count, add them together and the lowest overall total scoops the whole pot.
                                                                                                                        Open to all but much more fun if you will be watching and drunkenly posting as it happens.

And remember - We've Got the World Tonight.

I'll be back about 1pm to check on names/numbers, if 8 names are in don't worry - keep adding your name for a second game.

Comment

in

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X