Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good as gold, but stupid as mud
    She'll carry on regardless
    They'll bleed her heart 'til there's no more blood
    But carry on regardless

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      But carry on regardless
      She needs a little time to think it over....

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        She needs a little time to think it over....
        Dont marry her...
        This too shall pass.

Comment

But carry on regardless
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            So who's the next PM?

Lidington seems like a technocratic choice @ 7s?
            Now 5s...

Between him and Gove for the caretaker role imo
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              Seems kinda baffling, I'd agree in your assessment there must be something more to this "loan".
              Happy birthday cunt!

Comment

Now 5s...

Between him and Gove for the caretaker role imo
                4/1...

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Seems kinda baffling, I'd agree in your assessment there must be something more to this "loan".
                  Going through a divorce at the time. Might have been trying to hide assets from the wife.
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    I too have watched the Partridge clip many times this week, ironic given that I turned off the episode live with 10 mins to go.

Speaking of great TV I recently got into The Line of Duty on Netflix. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, phenomenally good, and I'm not one for cop shows bar The Wire, Southland, and some of The Shield.
                    Loved Line of Duty and excited for new season next month.

Surely I can't be the only one who is still finding it hard to get behind Ds Steve Arnott? Terrible casting. If they had a big name play him it would go down as one of the best imo.

Comment

My mother loves Line Of Duty...that's what has kept me away from it...

Next ill be watching Judge Judy.
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                        Happy birthday cunt!
                        Thanks cunt

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                        Going through a divorce at the time. Might have been trying to hide assets from the wife.
                        One of the lads in our group chat said something similar last night. What's the governing body overseeing the FAI that could launch an investigation into all this?
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            My mother loves Line Of Duty...that's what has kept me away from it...

Next ill be watching Judge Judy.
                            Parents recommended it to me and I thought the same haha. Watched two series of it so far it's top stuff.
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                              Loved Line of Duty and excited for new season next month.

Surely I can't be the only one who is still finding it hard to get behind Ds Steve Arnott? Terrible casting. If they had a big name play him it would go down as one of the best imo.
                              Don't get that tbh, I think he's very good in the part.
                              A bit worried that Mercurio jumped the shark with The Bodyguard and it might show in his writing of the new series.
                              For all the ever more preposterous action pieces and plot twists the genius of this show is in the writing of the interrogation and internal politics scenes which IMO are the best TV cop show writing since David Milch was writing all those great scenes for NYPD Blue where Dennis Franz would talk criminals that were certain to walk if they called a lawyer into spilling the beans

A collection of memorable Sipowicz moments. If you have suggestions for any more feel free to post them!
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Like something from Viz
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Mueller report in Barr says "No Collusion"
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

The barr summary: https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/de...Committees.pdf
                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-03-19, 20:43.

Comment

Got the hair cut in the Polksi place on Talbot St earlier this morning. They have recently taken favouritism over the Chinese on Capel St at they open 10am and Capel opens 11am. On entering I was placed at the window seat by the instruction of the head girl who looked like she was capably running this landing. With a very pleasant Polish girl ready and waiting to cut my hair. I sat down and was meaning to ask at the end to get my eye lashes(not brows) slightly trimmed as I could sometimes see them in my peripheral vision. I thought I would say it at the end not to complicate things or put her under any undue pressure.

Halfway through the haircut by sound only(need to keep the head straight) I hear a young woman come in with her son to get his hair cut. She sits at the window directly facing me side on. She is clear and concise to staff on how the sons hair be cut. Real dub, no pretensions.

I'm saying to myself this eye lashes proposal isn't going to go unnoticed by yer wan now.

When it gets to the time later when I ask the hairdresser about my idea of trimming the eye lashes I could tell she was shocked and this was a first. I then asked well would you say the eye lashes are normal size and she said yeah. Just as I felt I was going to bow to professional advice and call it off the girl who came in sitting at the window pipes up, I know what you mean it annoys you to see the eye lashes?. I turned and said that's exactly it. The Polish hairdresser scrambled in vain for a scissors small enough to the job before turning to colleagues in her native tongue for assistance for the right implement creating a frisson amongst her colleagues. I kept still during the procedure and afterwards the girl at the window said ''you know what did you ever think of micro blading?. I think its brilliant and I do it and id give you a discount. But just be sure if you got it done to get the right pigment. Im doing a course at it at the moment''.

With the eyelashes trimmed and the now a passenger in this micro blading exchange she asked uncertainly ''is this better''? and I said i've no idea as its not all the time in my eye line only very occasionally but if you've trimmed any amount its bound to help so job done. Bit more microblading talk with the other girl before finishing up and that was it, yet another haircut that didint go without incident.

Shortly later met up with the brother and to kill time before heading to Sweeneys wine shop we decided to pop into the Pro Cathedral for a bit of mass as I'd never been in there before. On the way in the discussion was Don McClean and how the brother didnt like him and didnt care to be looking at him on Racingtv, I must say I agreed about the looking at him but not with the vigourish of the brother. Time to settle down on and stop talking about this on entering the Pro Cathedral and the plan was to sit on the back row and we could head at our own discretion unnoticed but no we needed to shuffle mid row as the back rowers seating positions didn't invite company.
                                      After a while it was difficult to extricate ourselves with the sermon in full swing and to add further difficulty a flank of priests made their way to the back of the cathedral so passing them on exit would have made it more awkward on the brother. I felt it was like a scene from 'Were No Angels' and I actually said to the brother there is a clothes peg on his collar and he checked as well.

We bit the bullet and headed but didnt see the flank of priests that filed down earlier so we were home free. We headed to John Kavanaghs pub in Glasnevin after this and still a little early for opening to kill time we wandered through the adjoining Glasnevin Cemetary. During the walk through the cemetery the Don McClean subject came up again even more vociferously this time by the brother but I was subjective reasoning he is very knowledgeable and talks a lot of sense and we found middle ground on the fact this was true and we would prefer to just hear him and not see him. Headstones and masonry skills were discussed on observation. Even slanting headstones which I proffered was due to the topography of the land and soil movement the likely reason for the slantage.

Drink was had in Kavanaghs not long after and wine was purchased in Sweeneys and with the drinking of that talk was returned to more abe normal levels!.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                          I sat down and was meaning to ask at the end to get my eye lashes(not brows) slightly trimmed as I could sometimes see them in my peripheral vision.
                                          You have about 300 eyelashes per eye and they come loose/fall out/get too long all the time.

Just give them a gentle pull every few days or when you feel they are in your line of sight and it should eliminate the old ones which tend to cause the problem (they'll stick to your finger so you can see if you got the little blighters!).

Comment

Am I missing something or is in the line of fire already started the 2nd series ?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                              You have about 300 eyelashes per eye and they come loose/fall out/get too long all the time.

Just give them a gentle pull every few days or when you feel they are in your line of sight and it should eliminate the old ones which tend to cause the problem (they'll stick to your finger so you can see if you got the little blighters!).
                                              Feck ya Benny. Just gave my left eye a mohican

Comment

Comment

getting eyebrows trimmed is SOP

getting eyelashes trimmed...rounders clearly lost the run of himself since binking the Cheltenham competition. Lamb casseroles, fancy bottles of wine, masses...what's next? Watch that lad closely imo.

Comment

Get keys to the new gaff this week (well Mrs D3 does as I will be in parts foreign most of the time). Looking forward to getting in the door now and acquainting the neighbours with our uniquely silent and well-behaved children.

Comment

Spent the weekend in Barcelona. First (non-work) time there. What a great spot. So much shit to see and do. It's like 4 cities in one. Class food for reasonable prices too.
                                                      The highlight of the weekend was not reasonably priced - dinner in their only 3 star restaurant Lasarte. It was a 10 courser with 3 sizeable bites served even before the 10 courses and then petit fours at the end. Only one dish that was meh, everything else was exceptional. I was fucking stuffed to the gills by the end of 3.5 hours of constant eating. It was a bit on the stuffy side for my liking, but I didn't really care.
                                                      This is me considering how the hell I'm going to eat that last morsel of food:

SPOILER

Comment

US golf results fairly hilarious after Steve Palmers alarming Racing Post column today
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          US golf results fairly hilarious after Steve Palmers alarming Racing Post column today
                                                          I didn't read him today. More explanation required.

Comment

I didn't read him today. More explanation required.
                                                            Basically spewed his guts up about how much he's done this year and how its affecting his life in a negative way. Quite a problematic read and fairly shocking it passed editing. He was on the two runners up tonight which cant have helped things.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Don't get that tbh, I think he's very good in the part.
                                                              A bit worried that Mercurio jumped the shark with The Bodyguard and it might show in his writing of the new series.
                                                              For all the ever more preposterous action pieces and plot twists the genius of this show is in the writing of the interrogation and internal politics scenes which IMO are the best TV cop show writing since David Milch was writing all those great scenes for NYPD Blue where Dennis Franz would talk criminals that were certain to walk if they called a lawyer into spilling the beans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUjMs1JrhJM
                                                              I just don't like him. He's one of those cunts that I knew I wouldn't like. I hoped he became a good cunt but such is life.

Comment

Comment

Shower of fucks

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Man I hate that shit so much. It glorifies cops breaking the law. Give the man his constitutional right to legal representation and do your job properly. I'd imagine it encouraged loads of real cops to follow suit too, as they came to view it as the acceptable thing to do.
                                                                    I'd always assumed you generally only got arrested for drunk and disorderly stuff.
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      Spent the weekend in Barcelona. First (non-work) time there. What a great spot. So much shit to see and do. It's like 4 cities in one. Class food for reasonable prices too.
                                                                      The highlight of the weekend was not reasonably priced - dinner in their only 3 star restaurant Lasarte. It was a 10 courser with 3 sizeable bites served even before the 10 courses and then petit fours at the end. Only one dish that was meh, everything else was exceptional. I was fucking stuffed to the gills by the end of 3.5 hours of constant eating. It was a bit on the stuffy side for my liking, but I didn't really care.
                                                                      This is me considering how the hell I'm going to eat that last morsel of food:

SPOILER
                                                                      Off to Barcelona this morning for 5 days. Work-related though with just 1 day to play. I reckon i'd have to be rolled home if i attempted that meal

In other news, just stop it MVG, seriously, stop it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        WP RDIII - seems it all happened pretty fast
                                                                        ?

Edit: you mean the house. I was thinking May had quit!

Comment

RIP to one of the greats

And if one day I should becomeA singer with a Spanish bumWho sings for women of great virtueI'd sing to them with a guitarI borrowed from a coffee barWell, w...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                            Am I missing something or is in the line of fire already started the 2nd series ?
                                                                            Think honda said series when he meant episodes.
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

WP RDIII - seems it all happened pretty fast
                                                                              Just need to close the sale of current gaff now and we're all good. Jesus, conveyancing moves at a snail's pace - volume business I guess.

Comment

I guess it can be conveniently ignored by politicians of all stripes but I remain impressed by the numbers signing up.

Revoke Article 50 and remain in EU: 5.38m signatures
                                                                                Leave the EU without a deal: 0.538m signatures

10 to 1 majority.

Comment

I guess it can be conveniently ignored by politicians of all stripes but I remain impressed by the numbers signing up.

Revoke Article 50 and remain in EU: 5.38m signatures
                                                                                  Leave the EU without a deal: 0.538m signatures

10 to 1 majority.
                                                                                  Another 10k signatures since you posted
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

They aren't making them like Scott anymore

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Comment

Incredible voice . Big influence on Bowie

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                        Think honda said series when he meant episodes.
                                                                                        I was talking about Line Of Duty
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

League Final double header next Sunday in Croke Park is surely the best €30 sports ticket that money can buy?
                                                                                          Division 1 in in hurling is such a competitive competition, the games are a brilliant watch, I've haven't been to any thus far though I have some vested interest with Waterford this year. Hopefully I'll make the final next week and get to most of their Championship games this year.

Potentially the year Dublin finally relinquish their grip on the All-Ireland too, probably the most excited I've been for the Championships in years.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Shower of fucks
                                                                                            Isn’t the next line in Exodus after “let my people go” something like “that they may serve me”?

Might have been “so they can have a feast unto me” or something similar. Can’t quite recall.

Either way he’s more honest there than he meant to be
                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                              Isn’t the next line in Exodus after “let my people go” something like “that they may serve me”?

Might have been “so they can have a feast unto me” or something similar. Can’t quite recall.

Would you say he looks more prime ministerial since he shed the lard?

Comment

League Final double header next Sunday in Croke Park is surely the best €30 sports ticket that money can buy?
                                                                                                Really looking forward to it. Kerry Mayo always delivers and itll be my first ever time at a hurling game.

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                Potentially the year Dublin finally relinquish their grip on the All-Ireland too, probably the most excited I've been for the Championships in years.
                                                                                                Lol

Comment

Want trump gone as much of the next man but the reaction to the Mueller report by “the resistance “ online has been hilarious. CNN and all the comedy shows like Colbert have been hyping Mueller up as some Elliot ness sword of truth justice Demi god straight shooter and now that he hasn’t presented them with what they wanted it does kind make them look bad
                                                                                                  They have given Trump 2020 an almighty boost

Comment

Triple header (but one leg is wimmin so okay)

Great value. Will call my season ticket at €120 better value though. 5 league group games, QF, SF and final. Also attended KK v Limerick earlier in the year on it too, got tickets for AI club finals as well. First game in championship also included and then €5 off the price of championship tickets for the rest of the year. Guaranteed entry to Walsh Park for the two home games when tickets are going to be tricky to come by. Finally, guaranteed tickets (usually 305/306 lower cusack) for AI final when the Deise qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                      Division 1 in in hurling is such a competitive competition, the games are a brilliant watch, I've haven't been to any thus far though I have some vested interest with Waterford this year. Hopefully I'll make the final next week and get to most of their Championship games this year.

They made a bags of the hurling by restructuring it though. the 1A and 1B system the last few years with 4 quarterfinals worked pretty well for what is very much a secondary competition now. The new groupings are pretty much 1A and 1B anyway the way things worked out, but the QFs are no more sadly.

From a Waterford point of view its been great watching their games this season, playing with a much more watchable style and have unearthed a few gems in Callum Lyons, Jack Prendergast and Conor Prunty. Personally been brilliant to have my 4 year old with me going around to them all, especially this time of year when access to the pitch at half time and post match is easy and he gets to meet some of the players, get pictures etc, loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

I think the fact that the lads spent the next 40 years fucking around in the desert is important to remember too

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                          Want trump gone as much of the next man but the reaction to the Mueller report by “the resistance “ online has been hilarious. CNN and all the comedy shows like Colbert have been hyping Mueller up as some Elliot ness sword of truth justice Demi god straight shooter and now that he hasn’t presented them with what they wanted it does kind make them look bad
                                                                                                          Wait until John Oliver posts to youtube, I'll tell you what I think then

Tbh, I'm a amused by the victory lap the right is taking at the moment.
                                                                                                          There's still a fair amount of people in jail and impeachment was never gonna happen.
                                                                                                          The only thing this does is probably calls off the invasion of Venezuela for a few months

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                            Depends on how you look at.

He didn’t collude with Russia and he is not a pawn under their control which is positive for Trump 2020.

The Russians independently thought that he is such a liability that having him in power is worth the effort and cost of swinging the election.

Corrupt but smart is better than honest but stupid in your leader I would say.

Comment

Comment

Fucking Trump going around with the OJ Simpson I'm smarter than you smirk on his face

Comment

Wait until John Oliver posts to youtube, I'll tell you what I think then

Tbh, I'm a amused by the victory lap the right is taking at the moment.
                                                                                                                  There's still a fair amount of people in jail and impeachment was never gonna happen.
                                                                                                                  The only thing this does is probably calls off the invasion of Venezuela for a few months
                                                                                                                  The far right calling it a conspiracy theory gave me a good lol too.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                    They made a bags of the hurling by restructuring it though. the 1A and 1B system the last few years with 4 quarterfinals worked pretty well for what is very much a secondary competition now. The new groupings are pretty much 1A and 1B anyway the way things worked out, but the QFs are no more sadly.

From a Waterford point of view its been great watching their games this season, playing with a much more watchable style and have unearthed a few gems in Callum Lyons, Jack Prendergast and Conor Prunty. Personally been brilliant to have my 4 year old with me going around to them all, especially this time of year when access to the pitch at half time and post match is easy and he gets to meet some of the players, get pictures etc, loves it.
                                                                                                                    Sounds great with the kid enjoying it so much. It's what is nice about GAA that the players you admire so much are so accessible.
                                                                                                                    I'm remember going into secondary school knowing Glen Ryan was a teacher in the school thinking it was great.

I wasn't aware the first game of the championship was being held in Waterford until earlier. It won't be easy to get tickets for that game as you say, nice to have them secured. I'm hopeful her family should be able to get us two.

Comment

I went to close my PTSB account on Saturday as I don't really use it and they are starting to charge fees. I called to the branch only to find they open Mon-Fri 10am-5pm only.

I then asked them on Twitter how I can close the account by post, as their office hours are fairly pathetic for personal banking customers. Their Twitter person tells me I need to get copies of a photo ID & proof of address signed and stamped by a Commissioner of Oaths.

TBH I could make it into the branch without too much hassle but the above seems like an overly onerous requirement to carry out the simple act of closing my account, no? I'm inclined to annoy them about it as it has irritated me a bit. 'This day & age' etc.

Comment

May Vote three cancelled
                                                                                                                        Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
                                                                                                                        40 years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave!
                                                                                                                        Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Comment

May Vote three cancelled
                                                                                                                          Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
                                                                                                                          40 years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave!
                                                                                                                          Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!
                                                                                                                          I read that in a Vincent Price voice .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X