Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    They'd be mad to impeach now and let the GOP reset before the election?

Although who the fuck knows anything anymore.

Make the Brits look vaguely normal

Comment

So our former landlords are wrecking the gaff.

I loved this from couple of years ago 45 mins in for the mic drop

Monday, 4 September 2017On the panel: Rutger Bregman, Historian and author; Laurie Penny, Writer and journalist; Shashi Tharoor, Indian diplomat, politician ...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Read her new Bio:

Your boy getting owned by a child on twitter will probably annoy him more than the impeachment shit

Comment

and we are off to the impeachment races.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Russian captain with a D4 twang. No mistaking where he played his schools rugby

Profit before people.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Brutal first half by Fiji and Uruguay playing out of their skin. Well deserved 12 point lead at half time

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  Russian captain with a D4 twang. No mistaking where he played his schools rugby

He actually represented Ireland underage too. Interesting back story.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    Brutal first half by Fiji and Uruguay playing out of their skin. Well deserved 12 point lead at half time
                    Uruguay up by 8 with 5 minutes to go. First major upset on the cards?

Comment

What was the spread pre match?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                        What was the spread pre match?
                        Fiji -28 or 29

Comment

phenomenal performance. Uruguay takes it 30-27!!well deserved

Comment

So a team who never had a sniff of getting out of their group getting beaten in what is effectively a dead rubber counts as a major upset ?
                            Let’s not forget that Fiji have been robbed of a bunch of their best players by the top tier nations
                            Tip to RWC organisers, drop a team from each group and your tournament won’t be such a bloated mess
                            Last edited by Guest; 25-09-19, 08:50.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              So a team who never had a sniff of getting out of their group getting beaten in what is effectively a dead rubber counts as a major upset ?
                              Let’s not forget that Fiji have been robbed of a bunch of their best players by the top tier nations
                              Tip to RWC organisers, drop a team from each group and your tournament won’t be such a bloated mess
                              Uruguay 4 years ago was the only fully amateur team in the tournament. they just recently turned professional. last time they met Fiji annihilated them 69-7. All the fiji players play in the biggest leagues in the world. Forget about what it means to the group standings and just enjoy the contest.

it''s a big upset and meant the world to the players and their supporters (tears galore on both sides tbh)

Comment

Morning comrades

Comment

Attention Nintendo Switch owners. There's a fantastic upgrade deal in Gamestop at the moment. Trade in your old switch +€30 for the new 1.1 model. This is not the lite model but an improved version of the original with some fixes and 70% better battery life. Its a no-brainer even just to get the extra years warranty. Also worth a punt to find a cheap 2nd hand console and trade up to the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    I'm surprised people are surprised, would be interesting to hear what Kayroo thinks but I read it as they they didn't even bother to defend the central lie that Scotland ruled on and just hoped it would be ruled not justiciable.
                                    The judgment is fascinating. Having listened to the arguments in the Supreme Court I personally wasn’t surprised they found against the government but it’s the extent of the finding that was surprising.

Key issues here:

1. There was no evidence provided by the PM or government as to why the prorogation was called. Save for three emails that were produced in discovery there was basically no evidence from the government at all. The Supreme Court were basically being told “this is none of your business so don’t interfere”. That means that once the justiciability threshold was overcome the government were bound to lose.

2. The justiciability ground was never as clear as the government made out. There was an element of dancing on the head of a pin when the Court distinguished between the prerogative power of the Queen and the lawfulness of the advice leading to the exercise of that power. But that’s a distinction the court were entitled to make where there was a conflict of rights between parliament and the executive. In such a situation the only remaining branch of government to decide the issue is the courts - thus it must be justiciable.

3. The remedy issue was something even Lord Pannick QC didn’t think he could get. Just to be clear - the Supreme Court went further than anyone asked them to. Watching it live the Justices all realized that what they were being asked to do by Miller and Cherry didn’t go far enough. The natural consequences of the declaration were that prorogation never happened. Even Pannick didn’t think he could convince the court to go this far. He bent himself in knots trying to avoid pointing out that if the declaration was given it would immediately bring parliament back to sit and trigger political consequences. But the Supreme Court accepted the consequences and made their decision.

4. The fact that it was unanimous is INCREDIBLE.
                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

That time of the year again.

Can anyone recommend a BAR in Paris that has live music/band at worst Karioke for a group of about 12 people. A decent spot .

Also any hidden gems to do in Paris that you won’t see on trip adviser. I’m looking at Hitch/Sharap or anyone who knows the place.

Comment

Geoffrey Cox has just admitted(let it slip) that the governments plan was to leave with no deal

Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                          Attention Nintendo Switch owners. There's a fantastic upgrade deal in Gamestop at the moment. Trade in your old switch +€30 for the new 1.1 model. This is not the lite model but an improved version of the original with some fixes and 70% better battery life. Its a no-brainer even just to get the extra years warranty. Also worth a punt to find a cheap 2nd hand console and trade up to the new one.
                                          Took advantage of this last week, unbelievable deal and not sure how exactly GameStop can make money of out this. But regardless!

Made the trade in down in GameStop Bray and they were sound enough to transfer my data from the old Switch to the new one on the stop, which was a massive help.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                            Took advantage of this last week, unbelievable deal and not sure how exactly GameStop can make money of out this. But regardless!

Made the trade in down in GameStop Bray and they were sound enough to transfer my data from the old Switch to the new one on the stop, which was a massive help.
                                            Apparently Nintendo are heavily subsidising the deal and it will finish up in a few weeks. The old switches are being sold as pre-owned for close to RRP of a new switch also. Makes zero sense. The local gamestop lads were happy to let me hotspot from my phone to do the transfer there and then. Otherwise I would have had to bring the console home and bring the old one back later to get store credit.

What games are you playing these days? I have Civ VI on the go from time to time but try to stay away as I'm busy with college work. It's always just one more turn...!

Comment

Uruguay 4 years ago was the only fully amateur team in the tournament. they just recently turned professional. last time they met Fiji annihilated them 69-7. All the fiji players play in the biggest leagues in the world. Forget about what it means to the group standings and just enjoy the contest.

it''s a big upset and meant the world to the players and their supporters (tears galore on both sides tbh)
                                              Fair enough , didn’t realise it was amateurs v professionals, so it’s like if any of the 31 amateur Gaelic football teams beat Dublin in the GAA, that is a shock and achievement tbf.
                                              Prob still bad overall for rugby World Cup as they really could do with chopping 4 teams to make 4 team groups but will use this result to justify not doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                Apparently Nintendo are heavily subsidising the deal and it will finish up in a few weeks. The old switches are being sold as pre-owned for close to RRP of a new switch also. Makes zero sense. The local gamestop lads were happy to let me hotspot from my phone to do the transfer there and then. Otherwise I would have had to bring the console home and bring the old one back later to get store credit.

What games are you playing these days? I have Civ VI on the go from time to time but try to stay away as I'm busy with college work. It's always just one more turn...!
                                                Started LOZ: Link's Awakening a few days ago, which I also picked up via a crazily generous GameStop trade in deal a few months ago (basically, I brought in a copy of Captain Toad Treasure Hunter, which was worth about €20 second hand, and got €70 worth of trade-in credit! Snagged LOZ:LA for free and had €5 credit for Breath of the Wild 2). Good game, not worth €50 or whatever they are looking for new but I never played the original so enjoying it.

Finished GRIS recently, which was short but fun, and before that it was Celeste, which is my kind of game but I was worried about as everyone was saying how hard it was, and I'm just not into masochistic gaming experiences like Super Meat Boy, etc... But got through without needing to use the easy mode, felt pretty happy about that!

Best Switch games I've played so far are Mario Odyssey (awesome), Hollow Knight (probably a Top 10 Ever game for me in over 25 years of gaming) and SteamWorld Dig 2. I played Breath of the Wild on the Wii U, but if I played on the Switch no doubt that would be my favourite, that's a Top 3 Ever game for me, simply incredible!

Comment

Geoffrey Cox always sounds like he's performing in a low budget Shakespeare production.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

It's finishing tomorrow in the IFI, but For Sama is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

Comment

Geoffrey Cox always sounds like he's performing in a low budget Shakespeare production.
                                                      Michael Gove reminds me of a primary school teacher, more specifically the nuns.

Comment

Fair enough , didn’t realise it was amateurs v professionals, so it’s like if any of the 31 amateur Gaelic football teams beat Dublin in the GAA, that is a shock and achievement tbf.
                                                        Prob still bad overall for rugby World Cup as they really could do with chopping 4 teams to make 4 team groups but will use this result to justify not doing so.
                                                        Oh the bitterness is just delicious. Give me some more. If you have a photo of yourself crying about the unfairness of it all just send it on too.

Comment

There's no way of going on a waiting list or stand-by with Ryanair is there? Need to change a flight, but the day I'm trying to change to is sold-out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                            Oh the bitterness is just delicious. Give me some more. If you have a photo of yourself crying about the unfairness of it all just send it on too.
                                                            Now that's more like it .

Anyone know where I can buy a bully boy 5 in a row shirt ?

Comment

Sorry to disappoint, I’m not that invested in Gaa , no tears here. Just find the spectacle of dub fans celebrating their “achievements “ a bit farcical, same as I do with Celtic fans, same as I would watching some playground bully (Dublin) dance on some scrawny kids head (the 31 amateur counties) while the bully’s friends (Gaa establishment) hold him down .

Comment

Sorry to disappoint, I’m not that invested in Gaa , no tears here. Just find the spectacle of dub fans celebrating their “achievements “ a bit farcical, same as I do with Celtic fans, same as I would watching some playground bully (Dublin) dance on some scrawny kids head (the 31 amateur counties) while the bully’s friends (Gaa establishment) hold him down .
                                                                Om nom nom nom... not invested in GAA just use it as a completely unrelated reference to something else without context... om nom nom... not bitter at all...om nom nom

God, this bitterness is so so good

Comment

Om nom nom nom... not invested in GAA just use it as a completely unrelated reference to something else without context... om nom nom... not bitter at all...om nom nom

God, this bitterness is so so good
                                                                  ??? Made an analogy to amateurs beating professionals in Gaa to help me understand what Uruguay did today, hardly unrelated , where is the bitterness

You sound a bit touchy about it, perhaps deep inside you know that their is a big asterisk next to Dublin’s “achievements “ and now your lashing out.

Comment

Just leaving this here for Lazare in case he hasnt listened to it, might be of interest.

Comment

Boris didn't think running the country would be this hard! For tickets to see Jonathan Pie: The FAKE NEWS Tour go to https://www.jonathanpie.com

Comment

So your analogy is
                                                                        Fiji = Dublin and
                                                                        Uruguay = er, um,
                                                                        a bunch of gingers from Leitrim?
                                                                        Seems fair.
                                                                        Last edited by DeeBrown; 25-09-19, 18:02.

Comment

Wow

Comment

That Jo Cox comment by Boris was outrageously shameless.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                              So our former landlords are wrecking the gaff.

I loved this from couple of years ago 45 mins in for the mic drop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOA_fKfpXLM
                                                                              Thats very good.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That Jo Cox comment by Boris was outrageously shameless.
                                                                                I thought he might have come in with his tail between his legs and tried to buy a bit of time. Fuck me but he's he's really going full blast at it
                                                                                Surely this will finally split the Tories

Comment

Poor Ukranian president must be wondering WTF just happened.

Deranged Trump presser underway.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

You sound a bit touchy about it, perhaps deep inside you know that their is a big asterisk next to Dublin’s “achievements “ and now your lashing out.
                                                                                    You got me. Deep inside I’m so torn. So brutally torn. How will I ever cope??

I know! I’ll watch these:

Comment

FYf2G2UNH0c
                                                                                      That’s not linking to anything, what is it , the GAA driving a dumpster truck of cash up to Dublin county board headquarters and tipping it out?

Comment

Utd Rochdale gone to penos!
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

That’s not linking to anything, what is it , the GAA driving a dumpster truck of cash up to Dublin county board headquarters and tipping it out?
                                                                                            A bad link - corrected it with 5 superb All Ireland wins

Just remember, it’s not just that Dublin are great that is so delicious- it’s that you don’t have the ability to handle it

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              Poor Ukranian president must be wondering WTF just happened.

Deranged Trump presser underway.
                                                                                              When its difficult to tell if its a SNL sketch or not...
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                When its difficult to tell if its a SNL sketch or not...
                                                                                                Too funny to be an SNL sketch

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                  Too funny to be an SNL sketch
                                                                                                  Tremendous !
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I asked nicely. Paris feckers answer my post or I'll get ye when we are collecting our Euro millions dosh.

Comment

I like Drunk Kayroo btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        Just leaving this here for Lazare in case he hasnt listened to it, might be of interest.

http://nearfm.ie/podcast/?p=31507
                                                                                                        Ah thanks man, hadn't heard of that doc. Looking forward to that.
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

http://nearfm.ie/podcast/?p=31507
                                                                                                          Think a lot more people other than Lazare would be interested in this! It's a documentary about JJ Smyths, and a well produced one at that. Had forgotten about the Thursday lesbian nights

Comment

I asked nicely. Paris feckers answer my post or I'll get ye when we are collecting our Euro millions dosh.
                                                                                                            been raking my brain for this. re bars, no idea. haven't been on a night out in Paris in over 10 years.

in terms of visits, if you like sculptures, the musee Rodin is a lovely spot, but it really is a looooot of sculptures!!gardens are lovely too if it's a nice day.

if you haven't been i'd always recommend the permanent collection at the musee d'orsay, which really is stunning.

if it's just a walk you're after, then from bastille to beaubourg via place des vosges and le marais is a change(lot of bars/cafes in le marais also).

Comment

Its typical of Trump's monstrous ego that he rescheduled his implosion to clash with Johnson's

Comment

Its typical of Trump's monstrous ego that he rescheduled his implosion to clash with Johnson's
                                                                                                                I was all newsed out by the time he was on. Was he any worse (or more genius) than usual?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                  I was all newsed out by the time he was on. Was he any worse (or more genius) than usual?
                                                                                                                  Couldn't really hear what he was saying being too mesmerised by the horrible soulless eyes desperately shifting about trying to adjust to their few minutes per day out of the tanning goggles.

But yeah, really stable genius at work. Sounds like the Republicunts are struggling to figure out why after the huge effort put in to successfully hiding all the evidence from Muller he would just hand Pelosi a smoking gun.

Comment

been raking my brain for this. re bars, no idea. haven't been on a night out in Paris in over 10 years.

in terms of visits, if you like sculptures, the musee Rodin is a lovely spot, but it really is a looooot of sculptures!!gardens are lovely too if it's a nice day.

if you haven't been i'd always recommend the permanent collection at the musee d'orsay, which really is stunning.

if it's just a walk you're after, then from bastille to beaubourg via place des vosges and le marais is a change(lot of bars/cafes in le marais also).
                                                                                                                    Thanks .

Found 3 that look interesting . Saw the Picasso exhibition in d'orsay last year .. some place.

Bars

Caveau de la Huchette

Jazz fans will love a trip to the famous Caveau de la Huchette. The Caveau is a relic of a time gone by, an underground temple to jazz, and was recently featured in the Hollywood film La La Land(2016). It’s one of the city’s most legendary music bars and definitely not somewhere visitors are likely to simply sit and watch. The cellar, where there’s a small stage, features a large dance floor where regulars – some dressed in their finest jazz era fashions – guide their partners through swings and turns, pausing only to throw a handful of powdered chalk onto the slippery smooth tiles. Every night of the year, the Caveau welcomes guest performers of all jazz genres, so plan ahead if there’s a particular performance you’d like to experience.

La Mécanique Ondulatoire

L’Alimentation Générale

Comment

Thanks .

Found 3 that look interesting . Saw the Picasso exhibition in d'orsay last year .. some place.

Bars

Caveau de la Huchette

Jazz fans will love a trip to the famous Caveau de la Huchette. The Caveau is a relic of a time gone by, an underground temple to jazz, and was recently featured in the Hollywood film La La Land(2016). It’s one of the city’s most legendary music bars and definitely not somewhere visitors are likely to simply sit and watch. The cellar, where there’s a small stage, features a large dance floor where regulars – some dressed in their finest jazz era fashions – guide their partners through swings and turns, pausing only to throw a handful of powdered chalk onto the slippery smooth tiles. Every night of the year, the Caveau welcomes guest performers of all jazz genres, so plan ahead if there’s a particular performance you’d like to experience.

La Mécanique Ondulatoire

L’Alimentation Générale
                                                                                                                      Caveau de la huchette is iconic, and a great spot.

Comment

Jesus, the abbey is doing an adaptation of Pasolini’s Salò. Things have moved on a lot since the riots at The Playboy of the Western World.

Comment

But yeah, really stable genius at work.
                                                                                                                          I was kinda surprised at how coherent he is in the phone transcripts. The actual request is only just how you'd expect him to operate.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X