Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      but think he mistook my nice-ish persona for docileness. Still feel quite dodgy about the whole thing though
      This can be a problem with being Irish and dealing with non Irish (even some Brits)

They can easily read nice-ish as soft Paddy and treat you as a mark, struggling to pick up the fact your inches from going full Hulk smash on the situation

Comment

Is this a real thing?!
        Is.
        If you are a Student in TCD, please take 5 minutes to fill out 10 short questions in support of my Thesis on Campus Open Spaces, by clicking on the following …

In fairness the poster after you is probably more responsible.

Comment

Comment

Comment

There is a pay implication here. He will lose €25,000 in top-up pay for running the directorships as a result of this. But i was instrumental in getting his wife hired against major opposition, so that is a net gain in the household.
              Does that mean you're also shagging the wife? we could be in for a humdinger of a soap series here!!!

Comment

So, when we go make a docu-drama about the inevitable forthcoming bloody massacre, it absolutely has to be called 'Hitch; Making a Murderer, Part Deux'
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That is 100% me! Is that an Irish thing?

Remember someone telling me that about my dad. He seemed (seems) like the calmest and friendliest person in the world, but they were saying that when you crossed him he was the most horrific bollix you could ever imagine.
                  Think it's as much their perception of Irish people as Irish people themselves

Fucking bigots, fully deserve their faith when we cut loose

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    So, when we go make a docu-drama about the inevitable forthcoming bloody massacre, it absolutely has to be called 'Hitch; Making a Murderer, Part Deux'
                    The Economist, the Director, his wife and her lover

Comment

Last edited by 6starpool; 08-07-19, 21:47. Reason: Tidy

Comment

Don't suppose anyone here has access to the 3Plus app and would be able to get me a code for the Ghost presale in the 3Arena on Nov 20th? If so, would really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                          Think it's as much their perception of Irish people as Irish people themselves

Fucking bigots, fully deserve their faith when we cut loose
                          Found the same thing living in the UK. Was good to take advantage of it while playing poker. UK players wouldn't take you seriously even after they saw you pulling moves. Was harder at work. Sometimes you had to be a lot more aggressive than necessary just to get someone to listen to you.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                            Don't suppose anyone here has access to the 3Plus app and would be able to get me a code for the Ghost presale in the 3Arena on Nov 20th? If so, would really appreciate it.

sent you pm

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Is.
                              If you are a Student in TCD, please take 5 minutes to fill out 10 short questions in support of my Thesis on Campus Open Spaces, by clicking on the following …

In fairness the poster after you is probably more responsible.
                              wow thats kind of amazing, almost a touch of narcissism/being a dick of two or three posts, when he is the one asking for something

Comment

Hitch really knows how to escalate
                                1. Colleague
                                2. Mentor
                                3. Bit of a conniving bollix
                                4. Rapist

Comment

Yeah! On his side, I'd say it would be the stress of trying to do too many things at the same time, leading to shortcuts being taken. He's definitely not a bad person, although he's asked me to do some pretty dodgy things to help him out.
                                  Ok, thats a good step. That's you trying to understand his failings. But imagine he had an account here, and described what happened...how would HE put it!

Comment

Hitch really knows how to escalate
                                    1. Colleague
                                    2. Mentor
                                    3. Bit of a conniving bollix
                                    4. Rapist

He next move is to send an anonymous note accusing him of being a Bonapartist traitor
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      He next move is to send an anonymous note accusing him of being a Bonapartist traitor
                                      in France the insult you're looking for is he's a Petain sympathiser

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                        he favors the texture of easi singles
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          Had a lot of fun travelling to Clermont and making suitably terrible jokes as we passed through Vichy.

Comment

Comment

It's like you seem genuinely oblivious to the fact that identifying all the people IRL would take a max of 2 minutes for anyone with Linkedin or Facebook.

Comment

You couldn't make up the politics.

Actually now I remember an absolutely horrible event involving this guy. You're not going to believe it, as it's so horrible. But I wouldn't say it even though you don't know him.

He did something to a junior professor.

And - and this is the particularly awful thing - she was fired for complaining. My good pal, who I know would never lie, was telling me she told him. It's a toxic environment for women. I don't know what you think about my own dodgy perspective on women, but in practice I'm very good at gender inclusivity. He will be replaced by a female prof. Shocking that I forgot that bombshell tbh.
                                                How the hell does he still have a job there if he did something to a work colleague?
                                                Last edited by 6starpool; 08-07-19, 21:48.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Last edited by 6starpool; 08-07-19, 21:49.

Comment

It's like you seem genuinely oblivious to the fact that identifying all the people IRL would take a max of 2 minutes for anyone with Linkedin or Facebook.
                                                    Hitch -listen to RD and clean up some of the posts

Comment

It's like crazy that I forgot this. Like he did something to a colleague.
                                                      ...If this wasnt proven, which obviously it wasn't by sounds of things, then he allegedly did it...Just because he was accused, doesn't mean he did it...
                                                      ...If it turns out he is a poker player and has an account here it would actually be hilarious...
                                                      Last edited by 6starpool; 08-07-19, 21:49.

Comment

Hitch will never run for political office, that's for sure.

Comment

Reading football thing on rte website a while ago, had a Twitter link in it, read a few comments...

One young English guy being seriously anti-irish, looked at his profile, for the craic searched for him online, found his LinkedIn, sales ish job, went to his employees website and clicked on "contact is"

In a minute, had his Twitter, series of anti- Irish tweets, his LinkedIn and their company policy in front of me

Probably took longer to decide I couldn't be arsed than to get him fired

Peoples are fucking stupid!

Comment

Norn Iron news makes rather grim viewing at this time of year.
                                                            Residents of a housing scheme being moved to a hostel 10 miles away because there is a bonfire built too close to their homes.
                                                            Another bonfire beside a leisure center which has to remain closed is being rebuilt after 1800 tires were removed from it and on the other side the entire bus carrying the Tyrone team home singing IRA songs and shouting insults at a passing parade in Aughnacloy.

Hard Brexit and redraw the border IMO with a land / property swap for anyone who doesn't want to be on the side the line they find themselves on. Let them all line up and march into oblivion behind Farrage and Johnson.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Really enjoying Hitch of late, always felt his mental side was fairly controlled and actorly but there's an unpredictable and sloppy edge recently
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Wait until I TELL you what happened in the physics department!

SPOILER
                                                                literally nothing

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  Really enjoying Hitch of late, always felt his mental side was fairly controlled and actorly but there's an unpredictable and sloppy edge recently
                                                                  What do you mean of late? He's always had that side to him coming out at regular intervals, and that's what makes him so endearing to most of us. Fuck the haters!

This place wouldn't be half as fun without hitch's répartie and antics
                                                                  Last edited by shrapnel; 08-07-19, 19:04.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I feel like ye are mocking me and yet this is my life
                                                                        Not at all. I'm just amazed our experiences of academia can be so different!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                                          Yikes missed this. No if it's ever found she will control the narritive there. There's no chance a fat old dude is winning the argument against a hot young girl.
                                                                          Is your wife already gone on holidays, or is this just a taster of the craziness to look forward to?
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Whats the done thing for a Christening present if its just your mates kid and you aren't a Godparent or anything?

Comment

50 quid voucher for Dundrum or whatever is convenient.

Comment

Yikes missed this. No if it's ever found she will control the narritive there. There's no chance a fat old dude is winning the argument against a hot young girl.

My main point was about my friend. I would trust him more than I would trust myself to tell stories. He's a purely honest person She was definitely something.
                                                                                You are spectacularly missing the point.

It doesn't matter how much you trust your friend. It's not cool to post unverifiable accusations (of the second most serious crime there is) against someone, who can be easily identified by the way, on a public forum.

It could probably land you in jail. So scratch 'not cool' and replace with something more definitive. Like career and life-endingly stupid.
                                                                                Kayroo can no doubt instruct us more eloquently on this topic but personally I think it might be the single dumbest thing ever posted on this forum. I would urge you to delete all that shit as quick as possible.
                                                                                Last edited by 6starpool; 08-07-19, 21:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                  Whats the done thing for a Christening present if its just your mates kid and you aren't a Godparent or anything?
                                                                                  I thought showing up to the event was more than they deserve.
                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                    I thought showing up to the event was more than they deserve.
                                                                                    Yeah you'd think Godparents/Grandparents/maybe close family would be enough. Lazare not working his magic quick enough.

Comment

Great performance by Janalle Monae at Glastonbury

Guidance: Contains flashing images and very strong language. Janelle Monáe performs Make Me Feel at Glastonbury 2019. Watch Janelle Monáe's 2019 Glastonbury ...

Comment

In more run of the mill incompetence from the Fitz despite leaving I got an email about business difficulties supposed to go to all staff. There's some funny stuff in it, but the reason they give is incredible:

"customers having less disposable income"

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                          Yeah you'd think Godparents/Grandparents/maybe close family would be enough. Lazare not working his magic quick enough.
                                                                                          I simply don't go to them.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You are spectacularly missing the point.

It doesn't matter how much you trust your friend. It's not cool to post unverifiable accusations (of the second most serious crime there is) against someone, who can be easily identified by the way, on a public forum.

It could probably land you in jail. So scratch 'not cool' and replace with something more definitive. Like career and life-endingly stupid.
                                                                                            Kayroo can no doubt instruct us more eloquently on this topic but personally I think it might be the single dumbest thing ever posted on this forum. I would urge you to delete all that shit as quick as possible.
                                                                                            Indeed. As the person responsible for this site, I've tidied it all up. It'd be lovely if people didn't post unproven stuff like that which could cause some legal difficulties, unlikely as it may seem in this particular instance.

Comment

My main point was about my friend. I would trust him more than I would trust myself to tell stories. He's a purely honest person She was definitely something.
                                                                                              Even if you know for sure that your friend would never lie. That just means she told him it happen not that it actually happened. It may have, but you leave yourself exposed by spreading it.

Comment

...

Comment

The tennis equivalent of an angleshoot.

She seems to have some form for hitting the ball straight at opponnents.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                    Reading football thing on rte website a while ago, had a Twitter link in it, read a few comments...

One young English guy being seriously anti-irish, looked at his profile, for the craic searched for him online, found his LinkedIn, sales ish job, went to his employees website and clicked on "contact is"

In a minute, had his Twitter, series of anti- Irish tweets, his LinkedIn and their company policy in front of me

Probably took longer to decide I couldn't be arsed than to get him fired

Peoples are fucking stupid!
                                                                                                    Glad you didn’t, I think there’s a special place in hell for people who turn twitter arguments into a way to getting people sacked. The referendum was the worst.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    The tennis equivalent of an angleshoot.

She seems to have some form for hitting the ball straight at opponnents.

Something poetic about angle shooting in tennis, it’s so not done in the sport, like cricket that you’d have to admire the guts to try it. Like Kyrios underarm v nadal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                      In more run of the mill incompetence from the Fitz despite leaving I got an email about business difficulties supposed to go to all staff. There's some funny stuff in it, but the reason they give is incredible:

"customers having less disposable income"
                                                                                                      ol

Countdown to busto? Ive a pal who thinks it could happen. I dont.

Wonder what an apocolyptic post Fitz world woukd look like. Who would step to?

Comment

Is the place "The Phoenix" I think it's called offering table games? I believe they play the big Omaha there now?

That is the only risk to the Fitz surely?

Comment

Hey all - I need to find someone/an agency to turn a fairly standard 45-second video (featuring online poker footage and software features) into a more professional and polished version. Basically to tighten up the editing, improve transitions, add 3D graphics if necessary, just more bells and whistles.

Does anyone have any contacts or could make any recommendations? Thanks!

Comment

Okay I think everything edited. But he absolutely did that.

Comment

Hitch,
                                                                                                              you never responded to my tweet! Anyways, turns out there aren't many brits here at all (on our jolliers and I had asked hitch for some One line retorts for any brexit eejits I might meet), there are a much increased number of continental Europeans here (agean islands) compared to a couple of years ago. Which actually makes it a much pleasant place to be.

Even if, Sean Gallagher and his family are Here.

I haven't told him where I work yet

Comment

Hey all - I need to find someone/an agency to turn a fairly standard 45-second video (featuring online poker footage and software features) into a more professional and polished version. Basically to tighten up the editing, improve transitions, add 3D graphics if necessary, just more bells and whistles.

https://www.fiverr.com/

Am continually astounded by what jobs you can get done for fuck all on this.
                                                                                                                £15 for a voice greeting recorded for a Business Phone system greeting, £350 from BT, another 3rd party wanted a days consultancy fee to come down and waste half the Company's time.
                                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

There's a group on Facebook called 'TV, Film & radio crew opportunities in Ireland'. You might get a cheap editor with a few hours to spare to dicky up Your video. Won't be Done for free though.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      Would be stupid and childish to refuse an invitation. Any team that wins a world championship gets some kind of political celebratory reception on their arrival home.
                                                                                                                      Thought this was pretty good

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                                        There's a group on Facebook called 'TV, Film & radio crew opportunities in Ireland'. You might get a cheap editor with a few hours to spare to dicky up Your video. Won't be Done for free though.
                                                                                                                        Ha, it will be for the business so we'd never imagine it would be free; always happy to pay for a good job TBH.

Comment

Has anyone noticed Adblock on Chrome messing up a lot of websites lately? I find I have to turn it off regularly to get genuine page elements to load. Maybe it's some overly aggressive filter I have, be interested if it's just me?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X