Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
    Hi

Would it be an unpopular position to propose another vote on both abortion and Gay marriage and when they pass (and both would pass) the second time ask all these C8nts to STFU?

Hello Everyone by the Way!!
    They aren't ever going to stfu as long as the funding money is rolling in for their 'campaigns'.
    Fundamentally they don't even need the abortion referendum that they want - the issue was correctly taken out of the constitution by the last vote and it's purely legislative now as it should have been along.

So they 'only' need to win a majority of the seats in a general election to be able to legislate exactly as they wish, or enough seats to be able to tweak the legislation as part of their terms for going into coalition.
    The performance of Renua and Aontu in the locals would suggest that's a long way from happening. But they are entitled to march for it and campaign for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      They aren't ever going to stfu as long as the funding money is rolling in for their 'campaigns'.
      Fundamentally they don't even need the abortion referendum that they want - the issue was correctly taken out of the constitution by the last vote and it's purely legislative now as it should have been along.

So they 'only' need to win a majority of the seats in a general election to be able to legislate exactly as they wish, or enough seats to be able to tweak the legislation as part of their terms for going into coalition.
      The performance of Renua and Aontu in the locals would suggest that's a long way from happening. But they are entitled to march for it and campaign for it.
      I am entitled to roll my eyes and wish they would stfu tho.

In terms of marching for it, how many people need to support your position before it’s not ok for any roads to be closed.

These marches in Dublin invariably end up around Merrion square which is a pain in the arse for me and not very in keeping with the rest voting demographic of the area I would presume.

If they want to march around strokestown then whatever.

Comment

Really hope the wimminz team get invited to the White House to meet the Don after that Rapinos wan comments. A really hateful team and would probably sicken her to have to shake his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          Really hope the wimminz team get invited to the White House to meet the Don after that Rapinos wan comments. A really hateful team and would probably sicken her to have to shake his hand.
          She said she won’t go as the Donald doesn’t get some people or the way they lead their life’s

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
            She said she won’t go as the Donald doesn’t get some people or the way they lead their life’s
            Would be stupid and childish to refuse an invitation. Any team that wins a world championship gets some kind of political celebratory reception on their arrival home.

Comment

Two horrible cunts!!

Comment

She won't go m8. She said she wouldn't go. WTF are you on about?
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                  She won't go m8. She said she wouldn't go. WTF are you on about?
                  What people say and what they do are often different. Guess we will have to see.

Comment

Her comments already made him invite the team whether they had won or lost and got way more people interested in the final, she won't go probably. Openly lesbian and very politically outspoken, smart woman seems like.

I heard one of them pretended to sip a cup of tea after scoring on england, who among us wouldn't do that
                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-07-19, 17:37.

Comment

Anyone been to the Olympics before? general sales for tickets open up in on tuesday and thinking about buying some tickets to events.

Comment

Would be stupid and childish to refuse an invitation. Any team that wins a world championship gets some kind of political celebratory reception on their arrival home.
                        It's not stupid or childish to refuse to visit an openly racist antigay moron who happens to be president, in fact the opposite, going proves you are at best intellectually challenged. She will be joining an august list of sportspeople.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          It's not stupid or childish to refuse to visit an openly racist antigay moron who happens to be president, in fact the opposite, going proves you are at best intellectually challenged. She will be joining an august list of sportspeople.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...17-9?r=US&IR=T
                          especially when the photo op is in front of mcdonalds. i was genuinely happy seeing them win and her lift the golden boot.

Comment

What people say and what they do are often different. Guess we will have to see.
                            Why care about what happens in the media driven United States of Lolmerica?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                              Why care about what happens in the media driven United States of Lolmerica?
                              Genuine question, do you honestly think we are any different?

Comment

Some result for Laois in the hurling. Paddy power had Dublin at 1/10 and already had them priced up for the Tipp match. Laois on the beer last weekend after winning the McDonagh cup and pull that out of the bag this weekend.

Cant see them getting anywhere near Tipp next weekend but what a year for them.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                  Genuine question, do you honestly think we are any different?
                                  Nowhere near as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                    Nowhere near as bad.
                                    Very very much getting there though, it's like most things really, a bit behind but embrace it fully.

Comment

Some result for Laois in the hurling. Paddy power had Dublin at 1/10 and already had them priced up for the Tipp match. Laois on the beer last weekend after winning the McDonagh cup and pull that out of the bag this weekend.

Cant see them getting anywhere near Tipp next weekend but what a year for them.
                                      Brennan just passed the interview for the KK job

Comment

Brennan just passed the interview for the KK job
                                        Didnt even think about that. Fair point though. Some scenes at the end of the match. There were rumours last weekend of sports shops in Laois selling out of jerseys. Some craic.

Comment

Didnt even think about that. Fair point though. Some scenes at the end of the match. There were rumours last weekend of sports shops in Laois selling out of jerseys. Some craic.
                                          I'm a Tipp man so have great levels of disdain for Mr Brennan but this is fantastic for hurling and laois. Badly needed and even as a Tipp man I hope they at least do themselves justice next week.......I appreciate that might sound cocky but the reality is Tipp should win, Laois are an example to other counties, investment, will ,heart and talent equals success no matter what county you represent.

Comment

I'm a Tipp man so have great levels of disdain for Mr Brennan but this is fantastic for hurling and laois. Badly needed and even as a Tipp man I hope they at least do themselves justice next week.......I appreciate that might sound cocky but the reality is Tipp should win, Laois are an example to other counties, investment, will ,heart and talent equals success no matter what county you represent.
                                            I'd never have guessed with a username like that

Tipp are my picks for the AI but would also like to see Laois put up a decent effort next weekend and not have a blow out like Cork and Westmeath today.

On a football note, Mayo v Meath and Kerry v Donegal double header in croke park could be the best value ticket since the league division 1 finals double header which was a great day out.

Comment

I'd never have guessed with a username like that

Tipp are my picks for the AI but would also like to see Laois put up a decent effort next weekend and not have a blow out like Cork and Westmeath today.

On a football note, Mayo v Meath and Kerry v Donegal double header in croke park could be the best value ticket since the league division 1 finals double header which was a great day out.
                                              I was the same after the league, I thought Tipp were the team to beat but after that performance against Limerick, it's hard to have them as favs now.

I figured if they could get over the line in the Munster they'd win it out but the loss of Bonner looks pretty substantial. Limerick aren't quite as technically gifted but athletically seem on a level above everyone else, hard to look past now.

Overall love the openness of it, my interest in football has waned so much as the Hurling has replaced it.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                I was the same after the league, I thought Tipp were the team to beat but after that performance against Limerick, it's hard to have them as favs now.

I figured if they could get over the line in the Munster they'd win it out but the loss of Bonner looks pretty substantial. Limerick aren't quite as technically gifted but athletically seem on a level above everyone else, hard to look past now.

Overall love the openness of it, my interest in football has waned so much as the Hurling has replaced it.
                                                I just cant get into the hurling in any meaningful way. A lot of it is just hit and hope, fight for your possession and taking a pop at goal from 60 metres.

I find the football more enjoyable this year because I've already accepted Dublin will stroll to another all Ireland and Kerry likely wont get out of their 1/4 final group but should be a couple of cracking games at least. So i can follow it and see how teams are progressing, like Meath this year despite the heavy Leinster final defeat. And cork have really shaken things up after a shocking bad league, they should have beaten Kerry in Munster final but lacked the experience and conviction to do so, they're on an incredible run now.

Comment

I just cant get into the hurling in any meaningful way. A lot of it is just hit and hope, fight for your possession and taking a pop at goal from 60 metres.

I find the football more enjoyable this year because I've already accepted Dublin will stroll to another all Ireland and Kerry likely wont get out of their 1/4 final group but should be a couple of cracking games at least. So i can follow it and see how teams are progressing, like Meath this year despite the heavy Leinster final defeat. And cork have really shaken things up after a shocking bad league, they should have beaten Kerry in Munster final but lacked the experience and conviction to do so, they're on an incredible run now.
                                                  The football is more enjoyable because you know one team is definitely going to win it? Seems counter intuitive.

Comment

...Had anybody here ever invested in forestry, through one of the government forestry funds they offer every so often?...If yeah, would love to be given some info, such as the logistics of actually getting started...Have read bits but not 100% sure on a few things...Is there a specific site you use to research/invest...

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                      The football is more enjoyable because you know one team is definitely going to win it? Seems counter intuitive.
                                                      GAA is definitely more enjoyable.

Than penis stapling.

Only just though.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                        Yeah. Was the hope.that killed me the last few years. When you come to terms with the outcome its surprisingly enjoyable to just watch

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Than penis stapling.

Only just though.
                                                          Any dinner yet? What ya having.

Comment

Any dinner yet? What ya having.
                                                            Just finished BBQ not long ago m8. Was nice.

Comment

Tipp had no interest in winning the Munster final, obvious from 20 mins in.

Look at the run in they have now, matches every fortnight right to the final...
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                I am entitled to roll my eyes and wish they would stfu tho.

In terms of marching for it, how many people need to support your position before it’s not ok for any roads to be closed.

These marches in Dublin invariably end up around Merrion square which is a pain in the arse for me and not very in keeping with the rest voting demographic of the area I would presume.

If they want to march around strokestown then whatever.
                                                                Thought it was funny that they ended the March at the custom house for the sake of logistics, really just cause they're supporters are too old to walk far.

Kinda like marches that go by that area though, whether I agree with them or not, they pass right by my window.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...17-9?r=US&IR=T
                                                                  Anti gay?

This guy?

He may be a nationalist but he's not a racist.

Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-07-19, 23:50.

Comment

Bob Mortimer is a genius; audio track:

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                      Tipp had no interest in winning the Munster final, obvious from 20 mins in.

Look at the run in they have now, matches every fortnight right to the final...
                                                                      I read similar in the lead up with commentators suggesting Cork came out the best of the three finishing in 3rd.
                                                                      Also Limerick not wanting to be there but now that they were there, they had to win given their previous performances in Munster.

Tipp certainly didnt seem to have as much desire to win but I dont know whether that can account for a 12 point loss.
                                                                      I'd like to think Tipp can still win given their 4 wins in the lead up(+42score diff) but the size of a loss seems hard to make up having lost Bonner though Barrett will be back.

Maybe even Davy Fitz will pull off a shock with Wexford, it should be interesting.

Comment

Matthew Wolff only 20 won on the PGA tour on his 3rd pro start, comfortably passes Jim Furyk with the most unusual swing on the tour.

I've seen a few slow mo shots but even the jittery routine before he swings is so unusual:

In the final round of the 2019 3M Open, Matthew Wolff won his first PGA TOUR event by one shot after draining a clutch eagle putt from the fringe.SUBSCRIBE t...

Comment

On Saturday, Mrs Lao Lao officially became Mrs Lao Lao.

Absolutely cracking day but so happy it's over and I never have to do anything related to organising a wedding ever again.

Currently in the airport, about to head off for a week in Rancho Relaxo.

Cannot.Fucking.Wait.

Comment

This day 7 years ago, most of us here had a whopping hangover
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                              Anyone been to the Olympics before? general sales for tickets open up in on tuesday and thinking about buying some tickets to events.
                                                                              I was at the Sydney Olympics (working in Homebush so could literally walk over to the main venue every day); it's absolutely fantastic and you should go if you get the chance. Biggest show on Earth.

Don't overlook 'smaller' sports like table tennis, handball etc.

Do overlook pistol shooting.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

At a safe pass course.

I think I'd rather be hit by a crane.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  I was at the Sydney Olympics (working in Homebush so could literally walk over to the main venue every day); it's absolutely fantastic and you should go if you get the chance. Biggest show on Earth.

Don't overlook 'smaller' sports like table tennis, handball etc.

Do overlook pistol shooting.
                                                                                  i was in Barcelona in 92 as an interrailing broke student and that was great fun. only did the cheapish but great sports, handball, volleyball, water polo etc. but walking around the place was great fun

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Than penis stapling.

Only just though.
                                                                                    As was famously commented to the man who stated that 'Budweiser tastes like horse piss':

How would you know?

Comment

Quite glad I turned down that job in Deutsche now.

18,000 people been sacked this am in the usual sensitive manner. ('Your security pass stops working at 11am, GTFO')

Comment

Was at a wedding on saturday, was shook for a second reading laolao's post

Comment

Any time I see an email from the goodreads group, its filled with Keane and his cycling books.
                                                                                          Have you caught the cycling bug now?
                                                                                          Ha! I've read a few lately alright, as I mentioned on the book thread I've been enjoying sports books in general lately and there's a lot of rich storylines around the cycling peloton of the last 20 years so a few decent books floating around.

I bought a bike last year after a load of my friends got into it after I left Dublin - they were all heading off for weekends to do sportives and I decided I better get in on the act. I only cycled a couple of times before the weather got bad last year and ended up at a huge weight for me at the turn of the year.

I decided to reign it in a bit at that stage and dropped about 8kg by the end of March by cleaning up the diet and getting out walking and stuff. At the end of March when the weather got a bit better I got up on the bike a couple of times just for something different and found I just loved the feeling of flying along the road in the open air.

Since then I've averaged something like 350km a week, which is probably paltry enough but not something I would have expected to be doing and enjoying this time last year.
                                                                                          I'm down 14kg which is around 2st 3lbs overall now and have done some great trips in Mayo, Cork and now the RoK as well.

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                          I've done it twice and both times swore I'd never do it again - I'm sticking to the second one!

I had no problem with the distance etc. but really think having that many inexperienced cycling together is irresponsible, both times I saw some nasty crashes. Eejits thinking they are in the tour de france....

Stay safe!
                                                                                          There was a little bit of that this year but not really too bad. People on boards are saying there seemed to be less people on the road than other years and that the day was much the better for it, with more space etc. I was on my own for most of it as the guy I was meant to be going around with has some back trouble, but you'd never be lonely with so many others out doing it as well.

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                          Couple of mamils I know. Would love to.but off to holliers tomorrow.

You doing it? 112 miles ?
                                                                                          According to my Strava it was more like 107 or 108 (170km total). Did it in a little less than seven hours so around 25kph, which was much quicker than I would have expected. It was my first time doing it and it was very enjoyable.

Comment

...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              A slightly dodgy (ethically) meeting with the boss this morning.

In the spirit of Reddit this may be an AITA (am I the asshole) surveying of opinion.

I asked him to fire my mentor and sometimes friend from his director roles in the school. He agreed and the deed will be done by the end of the day, without an explicit link to me, but I think he'll work it out.

He'll leave one director role tomorrow, and be given a year to see out his other role. I'll then take on that role to ascend to the dizzy heights of second-in-command of the school.

I like the guy a lot, and it was a difficult decision, but we compete with each other and he was being quite unfair in how he was competing. Essentially using his power in one role to gain unfair advantage in another role. I gave him loads of chances to sort it out privately, but think he mistook my nice-ish persona for docileness. Still feel quite dodgy about the whole thing though
                                                                                              Getting someone fired is definitely in the asshole category, although getting fired in France is nice. 75% of you salary for the next 2 years without working goes a long way to making it bearable

Comment

...

Comment

Oh no he'll still be a prof, it's just that he will lose his director roles
                                                                                                  ah right. plenty of time then for him to think of and plan his revenge then

Comment

...

Comment

You should tell him exactly what you did and why you did it.

Comment

...

Comment

Whether you're an asshole really depends on the details and extent of how he was abusing power.
                                                                                                          Intentionally sabotaging your career. He deserved it.
                                                                                                          Getting the nicer office and first pick of the biscuits. You're an asshole.

Comment

Fully expecting some sort of Monte-Cristo-esque update from Hitch in a few months/years as the other prof exacts revenge in the ways only a French academic would devise.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You've learned nothing from that time you had a pop at Graham Dwyer on boards about leaving it so late to do his thesis, and then he turned into a violent murderer within months.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                Fully expecting some sort of Monte-Cristo-esque update from Hitch in a few months/years as the other prof exacts revenge in the ways only a French academic would devise.
                                                                                                                He's going to have to co-exist with this dude so he needs to put the backstabbing treachery\necessary realignment (delete as you see fit) behind them both.

Even if it's a "I now consider you my sworn enemy and will devote the rest of my life to making you suffer" conversation. In which case, maybe have it in a public space for eyewitness purposes....

Comment

Blame it on the heat obv

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    He's going to have to co-exist with this dude so he needs to put the backstabbing treachery\necessary realignment (delete as you see fit) behind them both.

Even if it's a "I now consider you my sworn enemy and will devote the rest of my life to making you suffer" conversation. In which case, maybe have it in a public space for eyewitness purposes....
                                                                                                                    Imagine a legal discovery on Hitch's BBV posts.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

A slightly dodgy (ethically) meeting with the boss this morning.

In the spirit of Reddit this may be an AITA (am I the asshole) surveying of opinion.

I asked him to fire my mentor and sometimes friend from his director roles in the school. He agreed and the deed will be done by the end of the day, without an explicit link to me, but I think he'll work it out.

He'll leave one director role tomorrow, and be given a year to see out his other role. I'll then take on that role to ascend to the dizzy heights of second-in-command of the school.

I like the guy a lot, and it was a difficult decision, but we compete with each other and he was being quite unfair in how he was competing. Essentially using his power in one role to gain unfair advantage in another role. I gave him loads of chances to sort it out privately, but think he mistook my nice-ish persona for docileness. Still feel quite dodgy about the whole thing though
                                                                                                                      It sounds like what you did was fine, but it would be interesting to here his take on it. Can you try and explain it from his point of view? It might be illuminating.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X