Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Keep it up lads, gavel at the ready.

    Comment


      Amateurs!

      I bid 275


      This is how this stuff works right?

      Comment


        Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
        Really enjoyed the Metallica gig in Slane and am now a big Ghost fan, they were awesome. What did the others who attended think of the day? We were in the Gold Circle a few peeps back from the centre mics, amazing being so close. Fairly certain I spotted Denny Crane on the big screen at one point, inside the Pit over towards the left-hand side?!
        Noticed that I got caught fist bumping Kirk

        Code:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDW7mS5ovaI&feature=youtu.be&t=312
        Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-06-19, 13:29.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          I can take €500 of my bonus as a one4all voucher, which is tax free so good. What have people bought with those? Know nothing about them. Guess I'll google it.
          They are pretty great, you can use them loads of places.
          Really handy for xmas shopping, which is the time of year I usually get them
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

          Comment


            Mon lunch: Chopped's 'Vegan body builder wrap'. Very boring, much more dressing needed maybe (Balsamic vinegar) 3/10. Not the first time I've found one of their wraps boring so there's that.

            Tue lunch: Subway's 'Vegan sub'. Actually pretty good, loaded with onions, gherkins, tomatoes and mayo. 6/10.

            Benchmarking against the 10/10 lunch that is Eddie Rockets' M50 burger and cheese fries. ANFD.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

            Comment


              Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Mon lunch: Chopped's 'Vegan body builder wrap'. Very boring, much more dressing needed maybe (Balsamic vinegar) 3/10. Not the first time I've found one of their wraps boring so there's that.

              Tue lunch: Subway's 'Vegan sub'. Actually pretty good, loaded with onions, gherkins, tomatoes and mayo. 6/10.

              Benchmarking against the 10/10 lunch that is Eddie Rockets' M50 burger and cheese fries. ANFD.
              Next up beyond burger in eddie rockets

              Comment


                Going to Avignon and Lucerne next week. Any good places to eat at from either?

                Comment


                  Find it strange that places charge the same for vegan salads/sandwiches as eh non vegan (?), they're missing the most expensive ingredient and it's not like they're making up for it with edamame

                  Comment


                    Yeah, annoying, a lot of places would charge less too. I'd notice it on mains for sure, or say simple food like a burrito might be a euro cheaper. I think the ingredient costs are not as significant as we'd think to the cost of the goods usually, staff, rent, electricity, insurance, blah blah too.
                    Sometimes it's straight up stupid so I avoid eating there.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Guy on Pat Kenny this morning talking about food tours on city breaks, sounded like a cool thing to do.

                      Maybe check what Munich has to offer in that regard.
                      We do that almost everywhere we go, I think I have waxed lyrical about them here before. They are usually excellent. Funny enough we are in Bali at the moment with a stop off in Hong Kong on the way back in a couple of days and aren't doing one in either place. In Bali the main reason is that I've found the local food rank and the Western food very good (plus doing a couple of short cycling tours) while HK apparently has the highest concentration of Michelin Star street food places in the world so hoping to fit as many of those as possible in on our own.

                      There's a tour called something like Tenements and Tasting in Manhatten that's probably the best half day I've ever done anywhere.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        They are pretty great, you can use them loads of places.
                        Really handy for xmas shopping, which is the time of year I usually get them
                        ...Don't listen to them Tar, they are shite, literally nowhere to spend them except meat shops so totally useless to you... On a totally related topic, I bid €415 cash...

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                          To piggyback on your question - where can one get Edamame in groceries and supermarkets in Ireland? Don't recall seeing it every but have a massive hunger for it at present!
                          I have the European Vice President for my product over in Dublin for 3 days ths week so I am looking after him. About 20 minutes after I answered this, I asked him if he wanted anything in particular for dinner last night and he replied 'Sushi' - Was rather happy at this reply - Plenty of Edamame was consumed also


                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Not very, which is a shame considering the available produce. D2 in the IFSC are OK.
                          Is Musashi still in the IFSC? Their branch on Capel St is my normal go to place for Sushi.


                          Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          I miss Yo Sushi on Clarendon Street. All food should come on a conveyor belt.
                          I used to go here far more than I should have due to convienient location but it was way overpriced and not as good quality as other places in Dublin.


                          Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          why is Edamame so fucking expensive.
                          If I drop into sushi king or something for lunch a little cup of Edamame is about €5
                          Confirmed, a bowl of Edamame was €4.99 last night, worth every cent!

                          Comment


                            Tani in Terenure was delish, been a while since I was in it tho.
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

                            Comment


                              TSLA rebounding Denny. Whassup?
                              “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.” - Bertrand Russell

                              Comment


                                Urgggh, went down with what looks like gallstones after my last post on Saturday. I'd have struck a deal with any God after 10 hours of the worst pain imaginable. Flipside is I haven't eaten a jot in 72 hours - I'm calling it the gallstone diet, deffo beats any other out there.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Urgggh, went down with what looks like gallstones after my last post on Saturday. I'd have struck a deal with any God after 10 hours of the worst pain imaginable. Flipside is I haven't eaten a jot in 72 hours - I'm calling it the gallstone diet, deffo beats any other out there.
                                  Not even Liverpool fans deserve gallstones pain. On the plus side it's character building.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    TSLA rebounding Denny. Whassup?
                                    Stock market in general is rebounding, but TSLA bouncing more on expectations of good sales. I'm still skeptical.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Urgggh, went down with what looks like gallstones after my last post on Saturday. I'd have struck a deal with any God after 10 hours of the worst pain imaginable. Flipside is I haven't eaten a jot in 72 hours - I'm calling it the gallstone diet, deffo beats any other out there.
                                      I had them a few years back, unpleasant to say the least. Had the gall bladder out a couple of months later.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        Stock market in general is rebounding, but TSLA bouncing more on expectations of good sales. I'm still skeptical.
                                        Yeah, heard that earlier from my VP. Our stock went up 1.5%. He called me out of a meeting to tell me. I tried to give him a look that said 'thanks for the info' whilst also saying 'Fuck you, you have waaaaayy more stock than me whereby 1.5% increase actually means something tangible compared to pittance I hold'

                                        He then proceeded to tell me in detail about all the gains on all the stocks he holds...'twas a great 10 minute one sided conversation

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                          Yeah, heard that earlier from my VP. Our stock went up 1.5%. He called me out of a meeting to tell me. I tried to give him a look that said 'thanks for the info' whilst also saying 'Fuck you, you have waaaaayy more stock than me whereby 1.5% increase actually means something tangible compared to pittance I hold'

                                          He then proceeded to tell me in detail about all the gains on all the stocks he holds...'twas a great 10 minute one sided conversation
                                          Isnt it only a gain when he cashes it in ?
                                          This too shall pass.

                                          Comment


                                            https://youtu.be/iQkMJgaHAkY

                                            I like the way he talks
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                            Comment


                                              One for the Cricket fans.




                                              Edit: I tried embedding it using the [tweet] tags but didn't seem to work...

                                              Edit edit: Thanks to Andy i've fixed it now.

                                              Edit edit edit: No I haven't
                                              Last edited by Rufio; 12-06-19, 09:05.
                                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

                                              Comment


                                                Turning millions into thousands

                                                Comment


                                                  Interesting that they left Rory Stewart out of that.
                                                  I guess we know who Ian Hislop is cheering on.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    Interesting that they left Rory Stewart out of that.
                                                    I guess we know who Ian Hislop is cheering on.
                                                    When you're given the choice between a kick to the balls or the blowtorch, you gonna offer to shine the man's shoes for him first
                                                    PMA

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      Interesting that they left Rory Stewart out of that.
                                                      I guess we know who Ian Hislop is cheering on.
                                                      Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                      When you're given the choice between a kick to the balls or the blowtorch, you gonna offer to shine the man's shoes for him first
                                                      There have been a couple of odd moments recently, last nights Newsnight for one where a panel of non MP Tory commentators are talking about the candidates and every one of them agrees that of course Stewart is the only one who is not lying through his teeth and is clearly the best option for both the party and the country. But ho hum he has 0% chance so lets concentrate on how awful the rest of the candidates are and try to pick the least worst

                                                      There was also this glorious clip of Juncker being asked his opinion

                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                        Self indulgent rant ahead. Cliffs dont work in sport

                                                        won a semi final 57-3 today, going to into final next week for first final since 1957 vs team who will be at home for the game.

                                                        it's been a hectic 3 weeks, we qualified for knockout rounds with 3 games to spare, lost the last game of season to end up with second seed vs possibility of first.

                                                        the monday after this a few weeks go called into a meeting, was told I was fired because I was being replaced by a a proven winner, a guy who won 6 championships as a player, as a coach he he has won 3 games in 2 years and was relegated this year. My director announced it to the team joyfully9i havent picked his son in 5 games) and the team revolted, refused to accept new coach and said they only go forward with me. Boss calls me back in and says the team (well 98% of them) support you and I support you, i flipped out and turned into old needling poker self and really was unprofessional going to town criticising him as a person.

                                                        regardless of what happens next week i'm fired,(similar to carlo ancelotti at madrid I guess) we carved up today, all the supporters were over the moon and I still cannot even get spoken to a board membersor director. they ignore my wife now, and the funny thing is she is worth more than all of them combined.

                                                        I must say though there is a sense of liberation thoguh where I can pick a team and regardless of the result know that all that matters is the performance. it's pure sport without any politics
                                                        Is that rugby?

                                                        Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                                                        have I missed something in that hand? Action is on Heath who slides in a time back. Soverel mistakes Heaths action for a fold, then thinking it's his action folds his cards.

                                                        I must be missing a lot of context to the outrage.
                                                        I’m the same, I don’t see the angle shoot, just the histrionics from the guy with A10.

                                                        Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        We do that almost everywhere we go, I think I have waxed lyrical about them here before. They are usually excellent. Funny enough we are in Bali at the moment with a stop off in Hong Kong on the way back in a couple of days and aren't doing one in either place. In Bali the main reason is that I've found the local food rank and the Western food very good (plus doing a couple of short cycling tours) while HK apparently has the highest concentration of Michelin Star street food places in the world so hoping to fit as many of those as possible in on our own.

                                                        There's a tour called something like Tenements and Tasting in Manhatten that's probably the best half day I've ever done anywhere.
                                                        HK street food is over rated, I went to a Michelin place for DimSum and it was like a low grade Chinese at home. Try a few places maybe.


                                                        Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        https://youtu.be/iQkMJgaHAkY

                                                        I like the way he talks
                                                        What’s his connection to it? Also is he fighting for healthcare for 911 workers? Seems incongruous with the American way.

                                                        Comment


                                                          I was listening to some music on my earphones late last night jogging by Newcastle Graveyard, then I heard someone coughing loudly over the music right in my ear and then a huge breathy inhale/exhale. WTF , I turned around and nobody there . I got a bit edgy as I like to see the enemy should they wish to engage. BIG COUGH, WTFFF, ok, I was ready for combat and my current condition was set up for fight and not flight , so I braced myself for a battle with a spook or a creeper. I took off the earphones, It turns out it was on the fecking song , this version had the added authenticity of the guitarists bodily functions. A good workout in all for the ticker and when all is said and done I’m not Van Helsing so some relief
                                                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 12-06-19, 10:23. Reason: Wrong thread.

                                                          Comment


                                                            The most famous mother in Irish rock music has died. Philomena Lynott. Interesting woman .

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                              Place I was was class, left of stage at the front with all the mosh pits. Then moved back for different views up the hill near the end, epic views and sound. The production value was unreal, the huge screens with stuff like soldiers marching during One and then all turning into marching skeletons was amazing. A far cry from seeing them in 03/04. Lots of fire, balloons, fireworks, lasers, lights, so good. Timed fireworks to starting a riff in enter sandman etc. The opening to one was just class, mortar sounds with explosions on stage, fire, stuff that looked like machine gun fire etc
                                                              good shit
                                                              heard some places the crowd were really shit though
                                                              they were mental by me though, people covered in blood haha
                                                              Code:
                                                              https://youtu.be/w_6pTwNIOx0?t=67

                                                              Comment


                                                                Anywhere or links to watch the semi-final v Brazil?

                                                                I dont have Sky
                                                                Last edited by Dice75; 12-06-19, 13:49.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                  Anywhere or links to watch the semi-final v Brazil?

                                                                  I dont have Sky
                                                                  http://www.dub.al/g/

                                                                  Also on youtube.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                    What’s his connection to it? Also is he fighting for healthcare for 911 workers? Seems incongruous with the American way.
                                                                    Jon Stewart is an advocate for 9/11 First Responders. As far back as 2009 he was advocating on their behalf and was given partial credit for helping the passage of the Zadroga Act.

                                                                    He's been heavily involved on a personal level with the FDNY, EMS and NYPD groups who are lobbying Congress to keep funding up for medical coverage for (particularly) the respiratory illnesses.

                                                                    Here's a link to a good discussion on Fox News about it. No really, Fox News. Shep Smith as far back as 2010 has been helping Jon Stewart with the media side of this.

                                                                    http://youtu.be/nefW2YPb06Q
                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Japan - Mexico on here in the other Semi - http://mssev.com/brazil-vs-ireland-republic-1730/

                                                                      Ireland looked really good against Mexico and did enough against Bahrain without being brilliant, have been watching due to Stephen Kenny managing and a Bohs player at left back. Bright enough future there if Kenny brings these lads through and takes over from McCarthy.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                        Japan - Mexico on here in the other Semi - http://mssev.com/brazil-vs-ireland-republic-1730/

                                                                        Ireland looked really good against Mexico and did enough against Bahrain without being brilliant, have been watching due to Stephen Kenny managing and a Bohs player at left back. Bright enough future there if Kenny brings these lads through and takes over from McCarthy.
                                                                        Yeah I heard Masterson was MOTM when they beat the Seniors a couple weeks ago.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                          Code:
                                                                          https://youtu.be/w_6pTwNIOx0?t=67
                                                                          Class thanks for that, been looking for a good recording of it. Would love to see the screen for the whole thing. Bit of a mixup with them writing that it is whiskey near the start haha.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                            Isnt it only a gain when he cashes it in ?
                                                                            Absolutely. Sadly, that doesn't stop him from being a tool

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                              Absolutely. Sadly, that doesn't stop him from being a tool
                                                                              sounds like the Harry Enfield 'I am considerably richer than you' character
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Went out to the garden and picked strawberries for my dinner then came in and turned the poxy heating on, I've never had it on in June before and now I have ground frost warnings telling me to cover plants Thu to Sunday, that's frost expected on the fucking 16th June . FFS!
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Went out to the garden and picked strawberries for my dinner then came in and turned the poxy heating on, I've never had it on in June before and now I have ground frost warnings telling me to cover plants Thu to Sunday, that's frost expected on the fucking 16th June . FFS!
                                                                                  At least you're not signed up to do Hell and Back.

                                                                                  Didn't think I'd be doing it in Winter.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    sounds like the Harry Enfield 'I am considerably richer than you' character
                                                                                    It's kind of weird in that most people describe him as a nice guy who's a bit of an asshole.

                                                                                    For example, he brought over three nice bottles of wine, two for our dinner in Vintage Kitchen last night and one as a gift for me, but then he'll do and say things that will literally have your eyes rolling into the back of your head.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Book smart = ok . A poor girls Superbad.
                                                                                      6/10

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                        It's kind of weird in that most people describe him as a nice guy who's a bit of an asshole.

                                                                                        For example, he brought over three nice bottles of wine, two for our dinner in Vintage Kitchen last night and one as a gift for me, but then he'll do and say things that will literally have your eyes rolling into the back of your head.
                                                                                        I hope you gave him his membership forms for the HHE.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Went out to the garden and picked strawberries for my dinner then came in and turned the poxy heating on, I've never had it on in June before and now I have ground frost warnings telling me to cover plants Thu to Sunday, that's frost expected on the fucking 16th June . FFS!
                                                                                          I blame PSV.

                                                                                          BBV'd climate change.
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            Went out to the garden and picked strawberries for my dinner then came in and turned the poxy heating on, I've never had it on in June before and now I have ground frost warnings telling me to cover plants Thu to Sunday, that's frost expected on the fucking 16th June . FFS!
                                                                                            Sensing a glitch in the matrix

                                                                                            'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Be careful with those office bants folks.
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                I blame PSV.

                                                                                                BBV'd climate change.
                                                                                                Need an update apparently, no longer in use by The Guardian and others moving forward.

                                                                                                Climate change to be replaced with climate emergency, crisis or breakdown.

                                                                                                Climate skeptic now climate denier.

                                                                                                Global warming will be global heating.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNdOCQYOL8

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Enjoyable New Yorker article on the next Prime Minister.
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      Be careful with those office bants folks.
                                                                                                      She's dead right

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                        Sensing a glitch in the matrix

                                                                                                        WP
                                                                                                        CHD was right though, I was off by one - that was in May
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                          She's dead right
                                                                                                          There's a bit of me that's sympathetic to the poor fucker.

                                                                                                          He made a distasteful 'joke' and now his life is ruined. Every time a potential employer, or indeed sex partner , Googles him, this is what they get for evermore.
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Poor bloke. Sure twas harmless . Wouldn't make it into a mild rap tune.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              There's a bit of me that's sympathetic to the poor fucker.

                                                                                                              He made a distasteful 'joke' and now his life is ruined. Every time a potential employer, or indeed sex partner , Googles him, this is what they get for evermore.
                                                                                                              I can't understand how anyone could be oblivious enough to send that email, the potential professional repercussions of jokes like that should be enough of a deterrent, let alone the discomfort caused to your colleague.

                                                                                                              Being named and shamed seems perfectly fine to me.

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                I can't understand how anyone could be oblivious enough to send that email, the potential professional repercussions of jokes like that should be enough of a deterrent, let alone the discomfort caused to your colleague.

                                                                                                                Being named and shamed seems perfectly fine to me.
                                                                                                                No question that he's an idiot.

                                                                                                                It's the lifelong ramifications that concern me. Especially when I'm sure everyone on here has made equally tasteless cracks over time.
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                  Poor bloke. Sure twas harmless . Wouldn't make it into a mild rap tune.
                                                                                                                  Ah will ya stop. If some office dickhead said it about your wife and humiliated her like that you'd be outside his house.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    Ah will ya stop. If some office dickhead said it about your wife and humiliated her like that you'd be outside his house.
                                                                                                                    He probably wouldn't notice with his glazed windows though

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Lols.

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        #TeamBoJo
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                        Comment

                                                                                                                        Working...
                                                                                                                        X