Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILER

duffer or danny murphy?
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone have a recommendation of a place/person to go to in Dublin for a gas stove?

We have a crappy bog-standard open gas fire, which we NEVER use (apart from a brief month a few years ago when our boiler packed it in), it just doesn't output much heat no matter how long it's on. I feel like a gas stove would 1) provide much better heat and 2) close up the chimney and reduce any drafts in our living room.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul
        Anyone have a recommendation of a place/person to go to in Dublin for a gas stove?

We have a crappy bog-standard open gas fire, which we NEVER use (apart from a brief month a few years ago when our boiler packed it in), it just doesn't output much heat no matter how long it's on. I feel like a gas stove would 1) provide much better heat and 2) close up the chimney and reduce any drafts in our living room.
        I know this prob not what your looking for. But I have it in my kitchen and it's absolutely brilliant. I got it on adverts about 7 yrs, ago

The heat from it is excellent plus it has wheels which is a bonus!
        Buy Gas Products Securely from Calor with Fast, FREE Delivery over €90. Order Online Heaters, BBQs, Water Heaters, Tumble Dryers, LPG Cookers & Hobs
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

You might still be in the game DP!

Gove and Hunt in a race later to see who is going HU with BoJo. Javid out.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
            I know this prob not what your looking for. But I have it in my kitchen and it's absolutely brilliant. I got it on adverts about 7 yrs, ago

The heat from it is excellent plus it has wheels which is a bonus!
            https://shop.calorgas.ie/calor-gas-3...as-heater.html
            Looking for something like that, but not exactly - I'd guess we want it to run of our mains gas and sit inside the existing fireplace. I know they exist, just not where to get them or who to ask to install them!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              SPOILER
              Gary Speed / Mark Noble / Kevin Nolan? After those Im out
              No

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
              One final try:

SPOILER
              Gareth Barry

No

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              SPOILER

duffer or danny murphy?
              Duffer 2nd in the list. Good pick

Comment

Scatter gun - if its not one of these I give up.

SPOILER
                Welbeck - Beckham - Tim Cahill - Kewell - Bowyer - Ramsey - Keano - Walters - Ameobi

It better not be some sort of trick question after that brain wracking

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                  I Am Mother is a new netflix movie offering. Really well worth watching, far better than I was expecting.
                  Not to be confused with Mother! which was absolutely horrificly bad
                  Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  If SatNav is here ten years... that means the likes of El Stuntman, GoodLuck2Me, etc must be here...

Dear Lord...
                  13... June 2006

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  October 2005, straight into giving advice on playing hands and disagreeing with HJ, smug git that I was.
                  Be vaguely interesting if someone could run it through some of the tools which we didn't have back then, assign suitable ranges and see who was right.
                  Albeit back then likely ranges were admittedly a tad wider.
                  https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show....php?p=3435766
                  First post was on a thread about a game in the Fitz “gutshot vs the fitz this week bragging about hitting the FT”.
                  God it’s cringeworthy going back to those times.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Alexanders peoples will send a % of his voters to vote for hunt

Comment

There's a image and a half.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Just saying...

It will pay for my new knife sharpener.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                        Boris Johnson to become PM in 2019 15/2 on PP...

edit. €30 max bet
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                          Just saying...

It will pay for my new knife sharpener.
                          WP

this too shall pass

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Given the recent poker nostalgia, I thought some might be interested in PartyPokers decision to make everyone on the site change their alias as well as taking the decision to ban HUDs and no longer provide hand histories.

I know bots are an issues but how big an issue I'm not sure. I see pros & cons of the decision. Decent post on 2+2 about the implications and some quotes by Rob Yong:
                                After June 17, you should be aware that partypoker players will no longer be able to download hand histories of their results. With the removal of hand

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  ffs came an hour early by mistake. Must have been looking up an English website that had the time as 20:00. Damn you Greenwich Mean Time!

Why don't they allow you to keep the bottle caps when you buy e.g. a coca cola in a stadium? Just that they have a hard edge that might hurt someone if thrown?
                                  Physics!

Comment

Hitch

Throw the bottle with cap off pretty harmless unless very close range

Throw bottle with cap on, missile!

Comment

Today is the glorious day that my kids finally get a trampoline.

Had to cut down a couple of trees to make some room but whatever, it's not like I knew their names.

Comment

2005 almost to the day. Registered to get people to take part in my dissertation on online poker and addiction.

Comment

I can’t find my first post. Definitely 2005 or earlier.

Some gas stuff looking back at old posts. I’d love a home game after reading some of that. Some of the highlights for me are the Our Conor Piss Up, the Satnav inspired Karaoke day/night and the heads up knock out comp and the boardie only games in the Merrion. The IO reporting in the very early stages of IPB was mighty fun as well. Great times.
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Has anyone watched any of Dnegs vlogs on this years WSOP? I can't stop watching. It reminds me of the UK office - he's like an alien pretending to be human

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                              Given the recent poker nostalgia, I thought some might be interested in PartyPokers decision to make everyone on the site change their alias as well as taking the decision to ban HUDs and no longer provide hand histories.

I know bots are an issues but how big an issue I'm not sure. I see pros & cons of the decision. Decent post on 2+2 about the implications and some quotes by Rob Yong:
                                              https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...ories-1745206/
                                              I think his attitude is quite offensive, it's clear from his quotes he doesn't really understand the issues he is talking about and thinks the community should trust party poker. I think we have learnt at this stage we shouldn't trust poker sites. Also there was bot rings busted literally a few weeks ago on party that were only found out because of players investigations.

Comment

Jan 2010, such a noob [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                  Has anyone watched any of Dnegs vlogs on this years WSOP? I can't stop watching. It reminds me of the UK office - he's like an alien pretending to be human
                                                  This guy's impression was pretty funny.

Comment

Comment

ffs came an hour early by mistake. Must have been looking up an English website that had the time as 20:00. Damn you Greenwich Mean Time!

Why don't they allow you to keep the bottle caps when you buy e.g. a coca cola in a stadium? Just that they have a hard edge that might hurt someone if thrown?
                                                      Elshambles said it all, I was even going to write physics and saw he did. The pro move is to bring some caps with you, we did at Metallica. They're like gold dust.
                                                      Saw some last year and they were good, what's up with them?
                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 20-06-19, 19:43.

Comment

I think his attitude is quite offensive, it's clear from his quotes he doesn't really understand the issues he is talking about and thinks the community should trust party poker. I think we have learnt at this stage we shouldn't trust poker sites. Also there was bot rings busted literally a few weeks ago on party that were only found out because of players investigations.
                                                        I didnt listen to the podcast so perhaps he shows a greater knowledge during that but the quotes presented certainly don't shower him in glory.

I think the decision from the perspective of adding additional security for players is probably wrong. I don't think this will do much to mitigate that. It just means those building bots/software have to work harder.

However, having read a few bits online around cardchat, 2+2 etc I do think that the bulk of players, most recreational will view this as a good thing. Personally, I think they'll view it as a means of levelling the playing field after the pros have basically solved it.

From the perspective of adding to security, increased transparency and whatever else they're spouting, nothing changes-argubaly gets worse- but from a marketing perspective it's a good move which I think will entice more recreational players to play there which is their real goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Saw some last year and they were good, what's up with them?
                                                          It's hard to describe. Each episode is as cringey as some of the worst scenes from the UK office. For example, he keeps joking about sex with his wife, but only in a extremely juvenile way. No adult talks about sex with their wife, its an unwritten rule known by all men. But the way he goes on about would be embarasssing for a teenager. He seems desperately insecure.

Comment

It's hard to describe. Each episode is as cringey as some of the worst scenes from the UK office. For example, he keeps joking about sex with his wife, but only in a extremely juvenile way. No adult talks about sex with their wife, its an unwritten rule known by all men. But the way he goes on about would be embarasssing for a teenager. He seems desperately insecure.
                                                            Check this out:
                                                            VLOG Day 6 - Approaching the bubble of the Short Deck and later running up a stack in the Deepstack🎵 Bazanji - Get it Nowhttp://smarturl.it/g1bsalCheck out ...

Damnit, the time stamp isn't working. Jump to 8.53
                                                            Last edited by Hectorjelly; 20-06-19, 20:10.

Comment

There's a fair amount of 'lets hope this ball goes somewhere' from Thailand at this match.
                                                              The game is being shown Iive on TG4.

You need to do something spectacular in order to get the camera to pick you out of the crowd.

Comment

Check this out:
                                                                VLOG Day 6 - Approaching the bubble of the Short Deck and later running up a stack in the Deepstack🎵 Bazanji - Get it Nowhttp://smarturl.it/g1bsalCheck out ...

Damnit, the time stamp isn't working. Jump to 8.53
                                                                That's incredible hahaha
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                  Hey all - do I remember correctly that someone here is a friend of Griffin Benger? If so, any chance that person could let me know, I'll PM them.
                                                                  Donwtown Rory Brown

Comment

hahaha I agree with much of what you say, uk office is right. Its like some class of turrets thats encouraged and nurtured rather than treated. He definitely has issues but shur dont we all. But I love Dnegs vlogs and I find them so entertaining!. Hams it up to the camera way too much, I doubt hes like that as much off camera.
                                                                    I love when he tampers down his indignant feelings when someone interupts him mid vidoe for an picture or autograph!. He tells the guy ''I'm doing a video here...but ok yeah ill do a photo'' like a marytr!. Ah wsop wouldnt be the same without Dnegs vlogs.

Comment

The fallout from this is going to be amazing.
                                                                      "I never thought leopards would eat MY face" sobs woman who voted for the leopards eating peoples face party.

Tbh, I still don't see a viable way for them to go out without a deal.
                                                                      Also, I think Boris is a lock for shortest term PM
                                                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 20-06-19, 20:40.

Comment

Just finished Chernobyl, the HBO miniseries. Thought it was brilliant and told the story excellently. Definitely worth the watch and only 5 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Tbh, I still don't see a viable way for them to go out with a deal.
                                                                          FYP Surely
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ben listening to some funky Hot 8 Brass Band covers today:

Buy/stream: https://truthoughts.lnk.to/Hot8LWTUAHot 8 Brass Band online:https://www.facebook.com/Hot8BrassBandhttps://www.twitter.com/hot8brassbandhttps://ww...

Seven Nation Army feat. Hot 8 Brass Band (Live at Brighton Dome)On Wednesday October 18th Tru Thoughts celebrated its 18th birthday with a huge party at Brig...

I also decided recently that fat people with powerful voices are great, they can produce a restrained power full of emotion and anticipation that they let it rip at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              FYP Surely
                                                                              Unfortunately I suspect you are right

Comment

An idea that is getting a bit of traction amongst the core soft leavers of having a referendum where you list your preferences 1-3 May's deal, no deal and remain sounds interesting but I'm not sure how it could work. Any sort of referendum has to be welcome even if that format is designed to make a remain vote unlikely.

Comment

...

Comment

An idea that is getting a bit of traction amongst the core soft leavers of having a referendum where you list your preferences 1-3 May's deal, no deal and remain sounds interesting but I'm not sure how it could work. Any sort of referendum has to be welcome even if that format is designed to make a remain vote unlikely.
                                                                                    No deal would probably win, and the phrase "thick as pig shit" comes to mind.

Comment

It seems neither Chile nor Thailand have much to play for tonight. Roazhon Park is fairly cool though. It almost feels like we're on the pitch.
                                                                                      Exciting enough in the end, one more goal would have put Chile through to the Last 16. (not sure if the neutrals in the ground knew this).

Comment

...

Comment

GE just *get* smart devices.

No way is that real, its an hilarious comedy sketch

Comment

Was wondering whether to give the quarter final in Rennes a go on Saturday week. Any idea if it's likely to be a whopper or a dud based on likely teams?
                                                                                            Most tournaments in sports with a bit of a gap between the better teams and the rest really start at quarters or semi's stage

So I'd go, and if good draw, defo go!

Comment

Tories gonna Tory

Comment

Was wondering whether to give the quarter final in Rennes a go on Saturday week. Any idea if it's likely to be a whopper or a dud based on likely teams?
                                                                                                Germany/Nigeria v Sweden/Canada.

Germany pretty certain to be there, other game close to a toss-up I'd say.
                                                                                                It'll probably be a decent quality match as both teams will be 'elite', but could turn into a bit of a dour struggle ending 1-0 to the Germans.
                                                                                                I'm guessing tickets are only €15 or so, so can't really go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  Germany/Nigeria v Sweden/Canada.

Germany pretty certain to be there, other game close to a toss-up I'd say.

It'll probably be a decent quality match as both teams will be 'elite', but could turn into a bit of a dour struggle ending 1-0 to the Germans.

I'm guessing tickets are only €15 or so, so can't really go wrong.
                                                                                                  So Germany v Germany?

Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2
                                                                                                    17-03-2006

What's the most profitable form of NL Hold 'em?

I've been playing for about a year now and I've found that the game I get the best returns from is a 9 or 10 seat NL SnG. Is this the same for everyone or is it a case of "Horses for Courses"?
                                                                                                    I also play some cash games, but find that i have to play ultra-tight to make anything from it.
                                                                                                    nobody really answered

Comment

Tories gonna Tory

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                        nobody really answered
                                                                                                        Move up levels

Comment

Any referendum with remain in it would get through. I'm sure of it. A large % are not so thick.

Comment

No way is that real, its an hilarious comedy sketch
                                                                                                            Some Somfy motors for blinds have a similar ridiculous factory reset process.
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                              Scatter gun - if its not one of these I give up.

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Welbeck - Beckham - Tim Cahill - Kewell - Bowyer - Ramsey - Keano - Walters - Ameobi

It better not be some sort of trick question after that brain wracking
                                                                                                              Bowyer! Spot on!

Comment

All the poker talk inspired me to spend the crumbs in my Stars account on a $5 satellite to the Big $55. Didn't realise that the tournament started immediately after and I couldn't bank the T$. Finished 9th at 2 am for $450. Pretty tired this morning! It was definitely easier to sit in the same seat for 7 hours straight 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                  Bowyer! Spot on!
                                                                                                                  Nice.

To follow the lead...

5 capital cities in Europe that begin with V.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Don’t answer until you have all 5/you’re done or it’ll spoil it for others

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                    Nice.

To follow the lead...

5 capital cities in Europe that begin with V.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Don’t answer until you have all 5/you’re done or it’ll spoil it for others
                                                                                                                    I think I have it...

SPOILER

Vienna
                                                                                                                    Vilnius
                                                                                                                    Valetta
                                                                                                                    Vaduz

Not sure if this counts though...

Vatican City?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      All the poker talk inspired me to spend the crumbs in my Stars account on a $5 satellite to the Big $55. Didn't realise that the tournament started immediately after and I couldn't bank the T$. Finished 9th at 2 am for $450. Pretty tired this morning! It was definitely easier to sit in the same seat for 7 hours straight 10 years ago.
                                                                                                                      Rough comparison of the standard vs back in the day times

Comment

couldn't get your 4th one 6star and stlll have no idea where it is

Comment

couldn't get your 4th one 6star and stlll have no idea where it is
                                                                                                                          SPOILER

Leichtenstein.

Football is great for helping with obscure European place names.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X