Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    I told EA to offer a compromise of 750 off (such fucking small change to be getting worked up over ) but that we need contracts exchanged by EOW. She went for it so we're back on track.

Hope that plumber spends many happy hours billing her full whack for fixing a non-existent leak.
    Loosen a fitting on one of the pipes

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      FYP IMO
      The environmental harms and human suffering consequent to flying quinoa and avocados to every hipster cafe in Europe are ignored in favour of making themselves ill stressing about the doe eyed and carbon neutral baby calves being taken from their mammies
      Pesticides are a subject that must not be broached with vegans in case they follow their nieve principals to their logical conclusions and starve to death.
      I'm not the slightest bit vegan. But I think your environmental angle is a bad one imo. I haven't looked into the numbers. But I imagine cow emissions are much more significant than avocado emissions ( per kilo or whatever). But there probably is a meat more environmental than avocado.

Insects are a weird one. I mean, an insects life is nowhere equal to a dog, or an elephants life. Which is contrary to many vegans ideals. That's where it gets ridiculous for me. It's not just the cute cuddling animals. Most vegans are against honey, or at least they should be. But what about the fact than commercial bees are also used to pollinate avocado and almonds? Shouldn't they be off the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
        Good BoJo story, haven't seen it posted here yet.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/0...mpression=true
        I really like this but I feel the implication behind it is a little ambiguous
        • His buffonness is an act, he's really a genius
        • he plays up to his image to garner goodwill
        • he uses this to gain power
        • his path to power has been a grand machiavellian scheme, planned to perfection
        • or....
        • He has one act that he repeats all the time
        • he's unable to adapt to new information (Vine seeing him last time, in the same capacity)
        • His need to perform, the pen , the crumpled bit of paper is fucking weird considering it's for 3 or 4 people
        • He's fat and a clown, Bill, a fat clown for all to see
        Last edited by DeadParrot; 19-06-19, 13:36.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I don't know.

Assume Goodluckforme is correct though. She has been faffing about for last 4 weeks. Got 2 surveyors in. An engineer. Loads of queries which we answered fully.

And now she's demanding 1500 off because of an alleged 'leak' that none of these professionals could find.

Thing is I suspect if we sighed and said OK, she would be back again with more BS. Might be time for the EA to earn his money.
          Tell her you have another interested party who are willing to match the value and see what she does
          Play her at her own game

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
            Could you undertake to get the job done if she put a significant amount up in a non refundable manner? Or invert this and you leave 5k aside to resolve the matter and you get back whatever is left once the job is done post the sale? A friend of mine was struggling to close a sale in 2007 and pulled a similar move on a larger scale which got the deal over the line. Obviously in hindsight this was hugely valuable.

The bro is currently selling his investment property in Carlow to a Chinese national living in Kerry on the basis of a single viewing conducted over FaceTime for cash with a likely 6 weeks close. Poptastic times.
            That person in Kerry is probably getting funded by the Chinese government
            They are buying up properties for cash all over
            Friend of mine sold an apartment to them bout 2 months ago and they were on again wondering did she know of any other possible sites

Comment

She was actually the underbidder.

The overbidder was based abroad and couldn't demonstrate their finances in full. Whereas this wan is Irish with rock solid finances. And was, we were led to believe, eager to close.

Pain in the bollix. House would literally sell in seconds (show condition, 5 mins walk to village and DART).
              * bids €2k under selling price

I'd hada rather hilarious series of fuckups with my broker as my wife forgot to send the application twice and then sent it with half the info missing.
              He obviously thinks we are headcases but have been going work-->hospital-->bed
              or work-->mind Toddler-->mind Octogenarian-->Bed
              for the last while so me head is firmly up my arse
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Interesting bet in the wimming World Cup ?

Engliand V Japan. Niether really want to win this right? Winner goes into the US - France end of the draw.? Japan 11 to 4. Wil lthey do the honourable thing and win?

Details pending Armani Js usual scrutiny.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Do you really think the Chinese government strategic objectives reach as far as buying single-family homes in little-town Ireland?
                      It’s the single viewing via FaceTime and closing the deal in 6 weeks is the funny bit. No “belt and road” initiative implications id have said.

What happens when the Chinese stop buying Irish rental properties?
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Knifes being sharpened I see:

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                          Interesting bet in the wimming World Cup ?

Engliand V Japan. Niether really want to win this right? Winner goes into the US - France end of the draw.? Japan 11 to 4. Wil lthey do the honourable thing and win?

Details pending Armani Js usual scrutiny.
                          Yeah, its fun.
                          Problem for England/Japan is that they don't definitely know which side of the draw USA will be in.
                          USA could be beaten in their final group game by Sweden who are no muggettes. Or USA who will have max information could themselves decide they want to be in a particular side.
                          But I'd say Phil Neville could take a punt that defeat is likely to be best.
                          Japan looked very poor against Scotland though.

Comment

Do you really think the Chinese government strategic objectives reach as far as buying single-family homes in little-town Ireland?
                            There was a Chinese investor looking to buy a large estate in the Midlands recently which would then be used as tourism centre for Chinese only. No interest in one off houses!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Yeah, its fun.
                              Problem for England/Japan is that they don't definitely know which side of the draw USA will be in.
                              USA could be beaten in their final group game by Sweden who are no muggettes. Or USA who will have max information could themselves decide they want to be in a particular side.
                              But I'd say Phil Neville could take a punt that defeat is likely to be best.
                              Japan looked very poor against Scotland though.
                              Never Change AJ :-)

Comment

Yes
                                Check the land register
                                Mr Buy one soon is the biggest owner of houses in Leinster followed with Mr buy lease back
                                Both prominent Chinese government members

Comment

Anyone go see the Maradona Film yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    No because I hate the cinema because people are fucking morons with crisp and sweet wrappers, in and out to the Jack's like a 5 year old and cant keep their gob shut for long enough.

Will be downloading it soon as a decent one comes available if you want me to send it on when I find it.

Comment

Comment

No because I hate the cinema because people are fucking morons with crisp and sweet wrappers, in and out to the Jack's like a 5 year old and cant keep their gob shut for long enough.

Will be downloading it soon as a decent one comes available if you want me to send it on when I find it.1

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Will be downloading it soon as a decent one comes available if you want me to send it on when I find it.1
                                          Mark kermode the film reviewer who knows nothing about sport said he saw it on big screen and little screen(TV or laptop) and said you must see it on the big screen

You get all the sounds thru the cinema speakers, some of which don't come thru on home version

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                            Mark kermode the film reviewer who knows nothing about sport said he saw it on big screen and little screen(TV or laptop) and said you must see it on the big screen

You get all the sounds thru the cinema speakers, some of which don't come thru on home version
                                            I'm probably weird in that it is the high volume of the speakers in cinemas that puts me off going to them. I don't mind wearing ear plugs to live music, but a recorded event can fuck off.
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I've changed my mind

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                I'm probably weird in that it is the high volume of the speakers in cinemas that puts me off going to them. I don't mind wearing ear plugs to live music, but a recorded event can fuck off.
                                                I hate loud anything. Nightclubs, Gigs, Missus music in car, Cinemas, I cannot handle bands in pubs that are loud enough to make a convo hard.

It makes me hugely uncomfortable.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Oh noes!!

The Tory beloved of all non-Tories, Rory Stewart, has been knocked out!!
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Oh noes!!

The Tory beloved of all non-Tories, Rory Stewart, has been knocked out!!
                                                      When brexit turns to shit he is going to be a front runner

I hope he goes full Ray Patterson when it happens

Comment

When brexit turns to shit he is going to be a front runner

I hope he goes full Ray Patterson when it happens

http://youtu.be/RJaxduFfmjc
                                                        The nutters will never, ever face reality.

So when it all goes to shit, the narrative will be all about not having gone for a hard enough Brexit and betrayal from within. It'll also be the EU's fault of course, for not providing unicorns on demand.

Comment

I Am Mother is a new netflix movie offering. Really well worth watching, far better than I was expecting.
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                            I hate loud anything. Nightclubs, Gigs, Missus music in car, Cinemas, I cannot handle bands in pubs that are loud enough to make a convo hard.

It makes me hugely uncomfortable.
                                                            We left a pub the other day as soon as a guitar wanker started in the beer garden, and commented on how it's the natural reaction. You're in a pub for good conversation not overbearing bad tunes. It's different to going to see a specific act, who goes to a pub to get drowned out?

Comment

I'd rather have the convo wankers walk out than have them present and resentful. Convo wankers get yerselves a coffee and take the sing a rebel song wankers with you.

Comment

I was 39 when I joined ipb and drove ye insane with my superb attention seeking skills, I'm 49 in 1 hr 12mins and haven't changed much since apart from I won't be awake I'd imagine for ye to wish me happy birthday.

Mia is 14 chanel 24 it's Nuts how ye have grown to know me and my family

And the friends, I have made here is fucking awesome too. Tis mad!!!!

Where did that time go!

Yep still a needy cunt 🤗
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

NOS4A2 is very good, only 4 episodes in but very strong, good few here would like it.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                      I was 39 when I joined ipb and drove ye insane with my superb attention seeking skills, I'm 49 in 1 hr 12mins and haven't changed much since apart from I won't be awake I'd imagine for ye to wish me happy birthday.

Mia is 14 chanel 24 it's Nuts how ye have grown to know me and my family

And the friends, I have made here is fucking awesome too. Tis mad!!!!

Where did that time go!

Yep still a needy cunt 🤗
                                                                      ...Sorry for the delay, but happy birthday Satnav...

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                        That person in Kerry is probably getting funded by the Chinese government
                                                                        They are buying up properties for cash all over
                                                                        Friend of mine sold an apartment to them bout 2 months ago and they were on again wondering did she know of any other possible sites
                                                                        Not sure if you are being serious/ignorant/racist/just trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          Not sure if you are being serious/ignorant/racist/just trolling.
                                                                          I hear you're a racist now balfejohn

Comment

Ps happy birthday sat nav

Comment

If SatNav is here ten years... that means the likes of El Stuntman, GoodLuck2Me, etc must be here...

Dear Lord...
                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                If SatNav is here ten years... that means the likes of El Stuntman, GoodLuck2Me, etc must be here...

Dear Lord...
                                                                                We are growing old tgoether, even CHD.

Next IPB gathering will probably involve spirited discussions of the merits of various mobility scooters

Comment

2006 I reckon for me. There were definitely some of you fools around longer though.

Comment

2004 for me, half the threads were about home games and the Fitz Thursday freeroll.

Comment

Top scoring player in Premier League history without ever scoring double-figures in a single-season?

Comment

Hey all - do I remember correctly that someone here is a friend of Griffin Benger? If so, any chance that person could let me know, I'll PM them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                          Top scoring player in Premier League history without ever scoring double-figures in a single-season?
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          Giggs

Comment

Milner?

Comment

Milner?
                                                                                              Ah that was 2nd guess. Good shout I feel, ruled my mine out after checking

Comment

Yeah. It's alright. The first part is interesting and somewhat insightful, then around Mexico '86 no insight at all, and the rest is just not as good as the first part. Disappointing really, wouldn't bother seeing it in the cinema.

Birds of Passage however is exceptional.

Comment

Good memories of the pokers! 2004 for me, played my first ever poker tourney for my last 20 quid in my first week of university, won it (met Jacques there when we were HU and started playing in his league at his house), shortly after paid for university with poker, played 200e HU with a friend in college each week, my team won the team event in the first IPO - wearing my poker heaven tshirt haha, most of us like 18 years old travelling to Dublin for it. Winning my first poker tournament with pros in it, Devilfish was in it, always remember playing him on his site. Eventually had a proper poker table in my apartment for my 25e FO weekly home games with wombatman and others, and crazy rules cash games after. Loved it! Haven't really played since then.

Milner?
                                                                                                  Must have a lot of hat tricks.

Comment

2006 I reckon for me. There were definitely some of you fools around longer though.
                                                                                                    I started 2006 I think, and I thought you were an usurper for Culchie as you were using the same avatar. Kinda ironic in a way really, don't think he liked cricket.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Denis Irwin?

Comment

Is the area around st catherines church dodgy at night? Thomas st/ bridgefoot street etc?

Comment

The nutters will never, ever face reality.

So when it all goes to shit, the narrative will be all about not having gone for a hard enough Brexit and betrayal from within. It'll also be the EU's fault of course, for not providing unicorns on demand.

Brexit in a nutshell

The Dutch PM was on R4 this morning and eviscerated pretty much every tentpole of the Brexit argument.

excerpt above, but really worthwhile seeking out the full thing

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Dear Lord...
                                                                                                            20-12-2005
                                                                                                            Originally posted by DeadParrot
                                                                                                            Howyis, long time reader, 1st time poster.....

Basically the jist is, I'm on a roll....
                                                                                                            everyday for the last 2 weeks, I've played on me lunch and ended up at least a tenner...not great but I started with a €20 bankroll....
                                                                                                            After some serious pain taken playing the STT's I started winning a few...then I won the 60c MTT (wow!!, I know)
                                                                                                            A few more STT's and then 2 weeks ago, I started playing cash and lost me bollox. Annoyed, I returned to it and am hitting the .5/.10 tables and I go up every time...its too bloody easy....the thing is I go to the table with the max (20) and bully the ****e outta everyone....its lazy, its immoral and I'm afraid it might make my game suffer....
                                                                                                            Any suggestions?
                                                                                                            btw, this isnt a brag....I'm worried I may become a weaker player
                                                                                                            FFS

Comment

Seems like I had a realistic view of my abilities:

me no good at check-raising, playing tight, playing aggressive, bankroll management, bluffing, semi-bluffing, reading players, early tournie strategy, HU strategy, pre-flop, post-flop...you get the picture

Comment

Christ until recently they were having marches on the 12th in places like benidorm, massive at one point apparently, English lads in Rangers shirts, full on kill Irish people songs and all, next day back into the Irish bar with the lads

Mongs!
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 20-06-19, 10:42.

Comment

October 2005, straight into giving advice on playing hands and disagreeing with HJ, smug git that I was.
                                                                                                                  Be vaguely interesting if someone could run it through some of the tools which we didn't have back then, assign suitable ranges and see who was right.
                                                                                                                  Albeit back then likely ranges were admittedly a tad wider.
                                                                                                                  JudgeAndJury is at seat 1 with $31.25. storytller is at seat 3 with $8. STopher is at seat 4 with $27.95. Noneck is at seat 5 with $8.60.

Comment

April 2004

Have to say I enjoyed last night, bit of a baptism of fire for my first night in the Fitz, but that's cards for you.. didn't help that I didn't get a real break with the cards though.

for the first hour/ hour and a half I got nothing at all, although I stole a pot with a pair of 6's. First hand I got that was really worth playing was K10c with KKx on the flop, unfortunately my caller drew a flush and took a large portion of my chips!!

Spent the next hour watching my chips disappear on blinds and seeing flops that gave me nothing at all.

Second or third hand after the freezeout I had A7c and the flop came down Qc 10c Qd, there was only 3 players after me and I was short stacked so went all in thinking I could either take what was in the pot or maybe get one caller with 3 Q's and hit my flush with the turn or the river..

Quozl (greg) calls me and I think ok, probably got 3 Q's and a high kicker, still there for the taking, turn over the cards and he has Q10 in the hole........

So an early night, and probably not the best game I've ever played but enjoyable all the same! on the plus side because I was out so early I did win €100 in a home game afterwards so I covered the cost of the night.

Looking forward to next week, and some better cards to play with!
                                                                                                                    Game never really improved from there
                                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Giggs
                                                                                                                      No

Milner?
                                                                                                                      No

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Denis Irwin?
                                                                                                                      No

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Gary Speed / Mark Noble / Kevin Nolan? After those Im out

Comment

One final try:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Gareth Barry

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X