Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Is HJ gone from the Fitz?
    Yes, left a few weeks ago.

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
    In fairness to Hj he loves poker was a very good dealer and strived to make things better for the players. He comes across as a hipster know it all but he’s really a good egg.
    Cheers Mick, that's very kind!

Comment

Sounds like the guy you'd want when you're taking on the Russians and the Chinese.

Comment

Let’s not ignore the most important point in that whole story, Trump made the putt. The President is clutch!

Comment

Is HJ gone from the Fitz?
          Originally posted by Hectorjelly
          It's Daragh, with one R.
          Sounds a bit salty too. Always a sign when ex employees call out their former work place in public.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            Sounds a bit salty too. Always a sign when ex employees call out their former work place in public.
            No need to speculate that in the BBV imo

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
              In fairness to Hj he loves poker was a very good dealer and strived to make things better for the players. He comes across as a hipster know it all but he’s really a good egg.
              This x1000

Reads as arrogant.
              In human social interaction he’s a gem. Good baller too (which is how I judge most people)
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

You do a fairly shit CHD impression tbh
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                  Let’s not ignore the most important point in that whole story, Trump made the putt. The President is clutch!
                  also made sure the badge was put up in the club on his locker...
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

NY is amazing, what a crazy place. I fit in. The food also blows anywhere I've been out of the water, Jesus.

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                    Anyone tried salvia? Picked it up in a head shop a few year ago for a kick with friends. Holy fucking shit is all I can say. Holy fucking shit. A three minute super mind fuck.
                    Let's say somebody had, one of the stronger versions. 25x, 35x, 50x?

I laugh a lot, you probably remember that from my home games. But anyway, people usually know I'm in a building even if I'm on a different floor. Well Salvia makes you laugh waaaay more than you normally do. I was at an outdoor party on a mountain for a weekend in Sligo - sleeping by bonfires, nothing better.

Of course there we were trying out this head shop stuff at about 5am, all above board at the time. We were smoking it through a Bulmers can, very classy affair. I was working in a hotel at the time with my suit crammed into a bag, had a shift working at a wedding in a few hours.

So anyway I took a big breath of it in, held as long as I could, feeling absolutely nothing. On the breath out it hit me like a truck, a sledgehammer. I fell onto my back and from that breath onward I did not stop laughing for 3-5 minutes straight, one big fucking laugh during which I could not breathe at all, it sounded ridiculous. Normal people on it are bad enough, I'm a living joke on it. If I wasn't high as fuck I assume I'd think I was gonna die.

It started off with me hearing this song from my memory, clearer than any song I'd ever heard before or since. The clarity and emotion was insane.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Next up this guy pops into existence beside me:

He starts talking to me, telling me crazy shit and I'm losing it even more, I can only reply with my thoughts with all the laughter which he understands with no problem.

Two friends come over to me on each side, one of them has transformed into a mountain in my mind, the other transformed into a boot of immense proportions to rival it and they start talking to me. This is hilarious to me, I nearly pass out from lack of air and laughter. I used to remember the conversations and they were just messed up. For the best I never do anything stronger. Felt fucking fantastic though, the music was amazing, I can hear it now, crystal clear. My mother collected me in a ball that morning, my suit was in bits, she sorted it all out like a champ while I could barely get a word out. There was much negotiations after this. Made the job though.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Is there any avenues for getting into aircraft leasing without an accountancy background?
                    Friend of mine works with that, must ask him when I see him.
                    also that viper vid was top notch.
                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-05-19, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      Yes, left a few weeks ago.

Sorry to see you go - would always feel a lot more confident with you handling a ruling call etc etc. Best of luck in whatever the next venture is.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                        No need to speculate that in the BBV imo
                        Meh. Speculating nothing. It's how it looks. Is what it is I spose.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                          Thanks m8

Comment

Sorry to see you go - would always feel a lot more confident with you handling a ruling call etc etc. Best of luck in whatever the next venture is.
                            Almost sure HJ conferred on a hand in there one night that almost cost me 600e.
                            The ruling originally went against me but I was pretty sure under the rules that I was correct to protest.

After some discussion between floor(HJ included I think) and a look at the video, the ruling went in my favour.
                            I made the error so I couldn't have been too annoyed but I know I was fuming at the time.

It is the gap between a good and bad dealer, someone who knows the rules, can articulate them in an acceptable manner to everyone involved and move the game along.

Comment

Tilting my brains off one night in the fitz Daragh was dealing I got a card and bit it in half. Not easy when covered in plastic asked for a new deck floor asked why said card was badly bent 😀

Comment

HJ rigged a pot for me one time that got me back a couple of years of Sklansky bucks after getting in TPGK for about 600 bbs.

good egg imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  There can be only one.

Comment

HJ rigged a pot for me one time that got me back a couple of years of Sklansky bucks after getting in TPGK for about 600 bbs.

good egg imo.
                                    Thoughts on Uber?

Big deal here for us.

Comment

I wouldn't really know much about it. Don't really think selling fivers for €4 is a great model.

They got unlucky with their choice of date for IPO

Comment

Cheers Dice, that's a very nice thing to hear!

Comment

It's not normal to use a persons real name on a forum online, normally when it happens the person is trying to make some sort of point. IMO its borderline rude. Then to misspell it, when I had specifically corrected him on that point in the last email I sent him is really taking the piss. Other than that I'm not salty!

Comment

beyond meat was the easy flip ipo, not any of these lyft or uber ipos

Comment

Cheers Dice, that's a very nice thing to hear!
                                              From your time in there what would the dream table to deal to from players past or present, based on ability, personality or wharever criteria you want? 6 handed to make it easier for you.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

It's not normal to use a persons real name on a forum online, normally when it happens the person is trying to make some sort of point. IMO its borderline rude. Then to misspell it, when I had specifically corrected him on that point in the last email I sent him is really taking the piss. Other than that I'm not salty!
                                                I agree with that tbf, i try not to use peoples names on here usually.

Fair enough.

Comment

lovely looking yolk to come home from hols to look at , few feet the front door, well actually it was hanging off neighbours tree, shes a garda. Id say the cops took em away went for my shopping , came home it was gone, spotted her on phone at front door while leaving. fucking thing was huge, I think honey bees as we get them alot ,

Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                    lovely looking yolk to come home from hols to look at , few feet the front door, well actually it was hanging off neighbours tree, shes a garda. Id say the cops took em away went for my shopping , came home it was gone, spotted her on phone at front door while leaving. fucking thing was huge, I think honey bees as we get them alot ,

What the fuck is that id turn away and never come back
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Not a nice thing to be close to your gaff, really hope they didn't kill them though.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                        Not a nice thing to be close to your gaff, really hope they didn't kill them though.
                                                        doubt it , I had them 3 yrs ago called a fella and he said they were honey bees protected species and just leave them alone . they went after a while .
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Weird ground, no scoreboard and no screen. Lovely ground but that really sucks. Even clocks are barely visible.

Comment

Does DS Steve Arnott line of duty slightly resemble a poster here...

SPOILER
                                                            flushdraw
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

SPOILER
                                                              flushdraw
                                                              Just Google imaged, jesus yeah.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                flushdraw
                                                                Ah no.

Comment

Ah no.
                                                                  Don't see it myself tbh

Comment

What is the state of the live poker cash games in dub now? Is futz only real place open? Presume it’s nothing like the glory days of drunk lads coming in spewing or does that still go on? Same faces still knocking about? Grimmer than 12 years ago?

Comment

Even though his heyday was slightly before my time I still saw a good bit of him growing up on TV, always liked him...really hoping no stuff comes out about him now he has passed away...anyway found this funny and apt....

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        Spectacular
                                                                        I'm far happier that he spends his time in such shenanigans, while he could be ordering his Generals to do things they'd rather not.
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                          What is the state of the live poker cash games in dub now?

Soft

Is futz only real place open?

The busiest I'd assume but dont know, sporting emporium still run cash and is soft as fuck Friday and Saturday nights with lads coming in after a skinful to donate. JPs place in Tallaght gets a decent cash game on Friday and usually a table on Saturday

Presume it’s nothing like the glory days of drunk lads coming in spewing or does that still go on?

Sporting Emporium but not on the same scale

Same faces still knocking about? Grimmer than 12 years ago?
                                                                          Hope that helps.

Comment

I'm not sure why I'm posting an old lecture by Peterson, but I watched it today and thought it was so good:

Viktor Frankl, a psychiatrist, wrote the famous book Man's Search for Meaning, a description of his experiences in the Nazi concentration camps, in an attemp...

Comment

Shoutout re: jbravado. To whoever passed on my number to him thank you we made contact. However the news is not good. We arranged to meet at 10.30am this morning. He didn't make he txt me at 1 to say he'd just woken up and was in ribbons and couldn't make it. We rescheduled for 5.30 and I fucked off and had a holistic massage and floating session. Mad shit . Highly recommend it. Best 80 quid I ever spent in my life. Anyway jb was a no show. He wants to go down to DZB and have a look but in incapable of getting himself down there anytime soon. I know he has friends / mates on here who care about him so if any of you are out there and can call round to him and gently encourage to come down I'm going down on Monday myself for a few days nourishment and healing and will be in Dublin from 8am - 9am. I'd love him to come down and give himself a chance of getting out of the hell hes got himself into. I don't fall into either mate or friend category, I know jb from the poker scene but he doesn't know me from Adam. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Even though his heyday was slightly before my time I still saw a good bit of him growing up on TV, always liked him...really hoping no stuff comes out about him now he has passed away...anyway found this funny and apt....

He's already been through the mill a bit. It will probably come back up again

This is my favourite routine of his. I'm sure you've seen it!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                  I'm not sure why I'm posting an old lecture by Peterson, but I watched it today and thought it was so good:

I thought this was a good article on his career, his message has largely remained the same since his lectures began & Maps of Meaning book published but as he acknowledges himself he's a provocateur so the delivery and the topics have evolved.

Comment

The last of the painting being knocked off this weekend, thanks be to fuck.

Had to be at it from 7am in order to achieve sufficient progress to watch the rugby. Now to trounce the most dislikable team in rugby!
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      Now to trounce the most dislikable team in rugby!
                                                                                      More excited than confident, they are so good.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                        Weird ground, no scoreboard and no screen. Lovely ground but that really sucks. Even clocks are barely visible.
                                                                                        Scoreboard was below the barley visible clocks. There was a huge screen but weirldy located, I guess out of your view.

In other news, I have a new found love for Clermont fans, unbelievable bunch, great night.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          More excited than confident, they are so good.
                                                                                          We're going to hammer them.

Healy FTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                            In other news, I have a new found love for Clermont fans, unbelievable bunch, great night.
                                                                                            Best fans in sport. If you ever get a chance to go to a match there, grab it.

Comment

Ireland scoring 300+ against the Windies at Malahide.

Very solid.

Comment

Are you going over in July?

Comment

Are you going over in July?
                                                                                                  No, I'll be on holidays. My usual group are going to Lords alright.

Would recommend Lords as an experience even if not a cricket fan.

Comment

No, I'll be on holidays. My usual group are going to Lords alright.

Would recommend Lords as an experience even if not a cricket fan.
                                                                                                    Mate of mine from the GAA team who set up a cricket club in Ashbourne is trying to rope me into his Lords trip this year. Not on for me this year but hopefully next if he heads over.

Comment

Durty Marxist Andrew Neil being all lefty and shit with super standard famous American right wing mouthpiece:

He has more than 2 million followers on Twitter, 600,000 YouTube subscribers and his videos on the Daily Wire channel rack up millions of views.Ben Shapiro i...

Summary:

Comment

I saw that earlier, Shapiro was embarrassing.

TBH I was little surprised at how bad he was, always thought of him as a sycophantic conservative getting on Fox & friends among others but he seemed relatively fine on Joe Rogan tbf.

The cringe of Shaprio accusing Neill of using his higher profile to benefit Neill was hilarious stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                          I saw that earlier, Shapiro was embarrassing.

TBH I was little surprised at how bad he was, always thought of him as a sycophantic conservative getting on Fox & friends among others but he seemed relatively fine on Joe Rogan tbf.

The cringe of Shaprio accusing Neill of using his higher profile to benefit Neill was hilarious stuff.
                                                                                                          Rogan seems to give a lot of the right wing mouthpieces an easy ride as long as they stay within boundaries or say stuff he agrees with, they then can use his show as a way to garner a bigger audience

He also highlights how "debate me" has ruined modern politics, people like him, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson etc pick a point, find a tangent and run with it to win the argument and fuck right or wrong
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 11-05-19, 16:02.

Comment

I will say for Rogan that he seems to have seriously softened his views on the trans issue since having Eddie Izzard on, who gave a human angle to it without pushing anything and saying "I don't know" when pushed by Rogan on sports issues etc

Comment

No bet but up for Leinster today.

Comment

What's the juice for a wedding this year for one person? 150?
                                                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-05-19, 16:13.

Comment

150 seems pretty sound of you tbh as a standard guest.

I think one guest may expected to give more proportionally than two people in a couple, 150 by a singleton is the equivalent of around 250 by a couple?

Maybe I'm wrong there but always how I thought about it...

We have a black tie wedding in a couple of months in a nice place, easily could have not agreed to attend but I suspect based on venue etc we'll likely give more than normal.

Comment

100-150 would be standard enough for one.

Comment

FFS

Comment

We're going to hammer them.

Healy FTS.
                                                                                                                        Could smell my 40/1 bink coming in as Healy went to dive over there but defence did very well.

If we keep the heads, we'll massacre them second half.

Comment

Surely that should have been a penalty

(the Williams steal)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X