Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    That the maxi?
    Midi. 5 feet.

They used to have a shop in town on the alleyway that leads through from Jervis St to the river, by Mick Wallace's (or NAMA's) restaurants. Kids spent many a happy hour jumping on bags in there so I thought I'd buy one for the new place given increased floor space.

They are currently going mental on it.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm sure this child tried very hard during their 2.5 years of karate. But outcomes like this are exactly why a black belt in karate (and similar arts) is virtually meaningless.
      Certainly nothing like the public perception of a black belt abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        I'm sure this child tried very hard during their 2.5 years of karate. But outcomes like this are exactly why a black belt in karate (and similar arts) is virtually meaningless.
        I'm intrigued
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          I'm intrigued
          Yeah, the link might have helped.
          Interested in your thoughts actually

Comment

Comment

Yeah, the link might have helped.
              Interested in your thoughts actually

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...in-black-belt/
              I may have a cut out from the sunday world when I was the youngest in Ireland
              I was ten years in at that stage though (aged 12)

The grade, awarded by her club, usually takes three years to complete
              That's a big alert straight off the bat

as is
              Dw Ryu MMA Karate Club
              Seems a bit of an oxymoron in name.

Again, not to disparage the girl but it seems a McDojo .
              Wado takes about 5 years to get a black belt, as an adult, doing it in 3 as a kid means either prodigy or shenanigans.
              A cursory look at the instructor shows a guy who has had a few wado schools then commonly enough "invented" his own style/federation.
              More than likely, he was paying subs to some federation and decided to pocket it. Again, very common and here in Ireland, probably a good idea to get away from the blazer squad of big belly black belts.

edit

this is an interesting look down the rabbit hole....
              http://dwryukarate.weebly.com/ (dead)
              BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Looking to start Karate in Worcester? Then look no further! Train with Worcester's only Female WadoKai World Champion! Suitable for Children and Families

annoyingly there appears to be another Black belt David Wilson about 3 hours away as well
              Last edited by DeadParrot; 09-05-19, 15:31.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

i have a friend whose kids are black belts also in karate after 2 and a half years, and i used to laugh when every few months they came back with a new belt.

Apparently, it's the new grading system for children to keep them motivated lol. I have no idea what happens when they get older if there is a new different grading system for adults.

it's a joke tbh

Comment

3 hour delay on flight with two 3yo kids....dont tell us till were all on the plane and now we sit and wait...whats that about....this gonna be murder....Shraps lot causing mayhem again.

Comment

On the plane?
                    #pray4dice

Comment

That drinks trolley better appear soon.

2 x cash tables opened

Tilt.

Comment

being a black belt is only the start of Karate as a discipline in my view .
                        The training though is really good for beginners wanting to get fit.

Comment

not even a gin
                          flight and holiday cancelled
                          magnifique

Comment

Comment

What to fcuk is Maitland Niles at [emoji36]

Comment

Boom fcuking boooooommmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  not even a gin
                                  magnifique
                                  Puke

Where were ye going? Do they not have to get you an alternative route?
                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 09-05-19, 20:19.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

not even a gin
                                    magnifique
                                    Grim. Cancelled because of french ATC cunts? How can they be on strike so often? Even for the French, they are just ridiculous.

Shrap, do the French public care, or just accept it with le shrug?

Comment

One of the best hat trick performances I have ever seen, take a bow son [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                        One of the best hat trick performances I have ever seen, take a bow son [emoji16]
                                        ...3/4 of the places gone to the premier league, extra time in chelski match coming up...

Comment

Anyone here have any business dealings with IRES Reit?

Specifically tendering for their business.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Premier league finally living up to its self appointed title of best league in the world after a decade of La Liga domination.

Can never take the Europa League seriously after Champions League nights though. Its a pathetic side show and everyone knows it.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                              Premier league finally living up to its self appointed title of best league in the world after a decade of La Liga domination.

Can never take the Europa League seriously after Champions League nights though. Its a pathetic side show and everyone knows it.
                                              The second part simply doesnt add up this particular season though, Chelsea and Arsenal and Spurs are pretty much all on a par as the premier league table would suggest and Ajax for all they're admirable quality would struggle massively to make top four in premier league, reality is both European competitions are knockout at the business end and are therefore compromised as a barometer

Comment

The second part simply doesnt add up this particular season though, Chelsea and Arsenal and Spurs are pretty much all on a par as the premier league table would suggest and Ajax for all they're admirable quality would struggle massively to make top four in premier league, reality is both European competitions are knockout at the business end and are therefore compromised as a barometer
                                                Spurs' best 11 is definitely a decent cut above Arsenal and Chelsea, in ability and heart. They were keeping pace with the top two for much of this season but probably had more key injuries than any of the top sides and have the worst squad of those so felt the pinch.

But obv there will always be somewhat of a crapshoot nature to knockouts, which is no bad thing from an excitement pov.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Agree with all that, but will add Spurs recent injury list is more an example of how blessed they were for 80% of the league as opposed to being unlucky for the latter part of the season

Comment

That was a goal all day??

Comment

Only interesting for the champs league spot for the winners

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                        That was a goal all day??
                                                        ...Defintelly dropped the ball before he got there so yeah goal in my opinion...Penalties coming up now, pity Sarri has no more subs left to change keeper...

Comment

Agree with all that, but will add Spurs recent injury list is more an example of how blessed they were for 80% of the league as opposed to being unlucky for the latter part of the season
                                                          I'd definitely say they've been overall unlucky and it makes a massive difference. As brilliant as Liverpool have been they've had their key players fit for most of the season. Salah, Allison, Van Dijk, Mane, Firmino, Robertson, Wijnaldum have all featured in 90%+ of Liverpool's league games this year, basically all their irreplaceable players. That's lucky.

Wheras Spurs have had Kane, Sissosko, Vertonghen, Alli,Rose, Winks all missing for decent spells, none have featured in over 30 games.
                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 09-05-19, 21:41.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Puke

Where were ye going? Do they not have to get you an alternative route?
                                                            Only option was fly to Stansted and go on standby with a load of others for full flights - not really an option sleeping overnight in airport with small kids and then more than likely be stuck there.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            Grim. Cancelled because of french ATC cunts? How can they be on strike so often? Even for the French, they are just ridiculous.

Yup, was a good few flights cancelled but leaving u ssit on the plane for 2.5 hours a bit annoying.

Comment

I'd definitely say they've been overall unlucky and it makes a massive difference. As brilliant as Liverpool have been they've had their key players fit for most of the season. Salah, Allison, Van Dijk, Mane, Firmino, Robertson, Wijnaldum have all featured in 90%+ of Liverpool's league games this year, basically all their irreplaceable players. That's lucky.

Wheras Spurs have had Kane, Sissosko, Vertonghen, Alli,Rose, Winks all missing for decent spells, none have featured in over 30 games.
                                                              Liverpool have been insanely lucky and Spurs relatively lucky....this is not a dig against either btw.

Comment

I'm not sure what you are basing this on, Spurs have had a terrible time of it with injuries this season. It isn't a recent thing. Here is a report from January showing that Spurs had the 2nd worse injury problems in the league up to that point.:
                                                                Whether it’s a season-ender or a niggle, injuries are part and parcel of football. Most club’s now use science to help restrict the amount which are suffered, using measurements to figu…

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  I'm not sure what you are basing this on, Spurs have had a terrible time of it with injuries this season. It isn't a recent thing. Here is a report from January showing that Spurs had the 2nd worse injury problems in the league up to that point.:

https://talksport.com/football/48320...b-this-season/
                                                                  I will unashamedly admit I'm a completely biased and delusional and disillusioned Arsenal fan, but there's more than one inaccuracy in that article!

Comment

I give out about advertising often enough here but whoever is responsible for this is a beautiful human being. Gonna pick up a bottle this weekend for old times sake
                                                                    Spoilers for size

SPOILER
                                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 10-05-19, 09:18.

Comment

Prob not gonna work out how they hoped

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        The marble floors throughout, complete with fifty quid kitchen chairs from Ikea is a highlight

We'll never see the likes of 2007 again...

Comment

GAB that's my old bosses Gaff next door, on the left in the overhead picture. You know him, "the Golden boy". If you look at the overhead you'll just about see his pond out the back of the house which he stocked up with Japanese Carp which he went to Japan to individually choose @ 4K a pop - you couldn't make it up.

Comment

How many carp did he buy?

Comment

Didn't think there were any Japanese immigrants in Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                Hoping to make a wine trip to Cherbourg in the plane next week. Figure I should be able to squeeze a year's worth in and the savings on Irish prices will pay for the fuel. Better still the couple who run the restaurant have a huge stash of wine, so I don't even need to leave the airport.
                                                                                I don’t get it? Save money on wine from Irish prices to cover the fuel. Why not stay at home, pay Irish prices, no effort to go over there. Same cost. Seems insane

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

bit of both i think. ATC really are pricks who've got Europe by the balls so enjoy squeezing from time to time. French accept it, unless it affects them. French love to moan anyway

Comment

Looks like we'll get out with a different airline tomorrow night, 2 days shaved off the hols but whatever. Can claim back difference in flights and extra costs for transfers etc. Tempted to hole up in Shelbourne tonight. Lots of tricks airlines have up their sleeve to try fuck you over - stick you on the plane so not technically delayed, try pay you instant refund so no further liability etc etc....bit of a minefield.

One part put a smile on my face....young wan got on plane fairly well on, you know the type, mouthy - pint swilling...anyway nodded off after a couple more swigs from the handbag and woke up just as we all were getting up to disembark 3 hours later. I cop that she obv assumes we have arrived so decide to break the bad news to her. Goes full missile ballistic after a few others confirm the story. Last seen trying to grab the hostess by the throat as we got to the top of the plane after barrelling through the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                      I don’t get it? Save money on wine from Irish prices to cover the fuel. Why not stay at home, pay Irish prices, no effort to go over there. Same cost. Seems insane
                                                                                      Not much point having a plane and never flying it.

He loves flying, he loves good wine. Being able to tie the two together in a cost neutral way is a no brainer.

Comment

Looks like we'll get out with a different airline tomorrow night, 2 days shaved off the hols but whatever. Can claim back difference in flights and extra costs for transfers etc. Tempted to hole up in Shelbourne tonight. Lots of tricks airlines have up their sleeve to try fuck you over - stick you on the plane so not technically delayed, try pay you instant refund so no further liability etc etc....bit of a minefield.

One part put a smile on my face....young wan got on plane fairly well on, you know the type, mouthy - pint swilling...anyway nodded off after a couple more swigs from the handbag and woke up just as we all were getting up to disembark 3 hours later. I cop that she obv assumes we have arrived so decide to break the bad news to her. Goes full missile ballistic after a few others confirm the story. Last seen trying to grab the hostess by the throat as we got to the top of the plane after barrelling through the masses.
                                                                                        would have been funnier saying nothing and watch from a distance waiting for the realization to hit her

Comment

would have been funnier saying nothing and watch from a distance waiting for the realization to hit her
                                                                                          He should have got her singing Viva Espania or a destination appropriate version

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            How many carp did he buy?
                                                                                            There’s a dozen or more in there, his favourite (& most expensive) is a white one with a big red circle or it like the Japanese flag, I can’t remember what that cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                              He should have got her singing Viva Espania or a destination appropriate version
                                                                                              je ne regrette rien

Comment

In a taxi heading to the airport for my stag in Prague for two nights.

Lazare - Say a fucking prayer for me, it'll carry more weight with the big lad above coming from you rather than Kev.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Lazare - Say a fucking prayer for me, it'll carry more weight with the big lad above coming from you rather than Kev.
                                                                                                  Jammy fecker.

The child of Prague is taking prayers .btw

Comment

Again, not to disparage the girl but it seems a McDojo .
                                                                                                    Wado takes about 5 years to get a black belt, as an adult, doing it in 3 as a kid means either prodigy or shenanigans.
                                                                                                    Definitely a McDodo. Looks to be a shoddy even among all the McDodo's out there. Not surprised he's invent his only style. Probably handed himself a 9th Dan while he was at it.

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                    being a black belt is only the start of Karate as a discipline in my view.
                                                                                                    I've heard that said before. But I think it's s retrospectively excuse. Black belt was always presented as being near expert level, or at least extremely proficient. The fact articles like the previous exist confirm that idea is very much the perception.
                                                                                                    There's plenty of belts. There's no need to fast forward it. Other than squeezing money out of the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Done. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post

Jesus.

Comment

Is HJ gone from the Fitz?

Comment

Yep, left a week ago.
                                                                                                            Gonna play some weird game I've vaguely heard of,
                                                                                                            I believe it's called Poke Her???
                                                                                                            Last edited by DeeBrown; 10-05-19, 12:16.

Comment

I assumed that too given the comment...

Comment

You wouldn't be up to them Russians at all.

Not content with engaging Hitch as a sleeper agent, they've now started recruiting whales.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                                                  Yep, left a week ago.
                                                                                                                  Gonna play some weird game I've vaguely heard of,
                                                                                                                  I believe it's called Poke Her???
                                                                                                                  In fairness to Hj he loves poker was a very good dealer and strived to make things better for the players. He comes across as a hipster know it all but he’s really a good egg.

Comment

When I was flying back to Dublin recently I noticed a girl in the queue with headphones and an eye mask on, took me a sec to realise there was two of them and what was happening. Their friends were organising a surprise trip away. Flight was delayed for an hour and half. Doubt it was worth the wait and falls for the surprise of a rainy cold Dublin.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-05-19, 13:42.

Comment

Spectacular

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                        I give out about advertising often enough here but whoever is responsible for this is a beautiful human being. Gonna pick up a bottle this weekend for old times sake
                                                                                                                        Spoilers for size

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        This is near me, definitely one of the most effective ads I've seen.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-05-19, 14:53.

Comment

Spectacular

Commander in cheat is well worth a read, loads more like that plus some other good stuff.
                                                                                                                          Loved this

I once looked through his telescope in his Trump Tower apartment,that looked downtown. He said, "I saw the towers come down through that telescope." I lifted my head up. "Oh my god," I gasped.
                                                                                                                          "Solid gold," he said.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 10-05-19, 13:53.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X