Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    There's one of those surveys here for the EU elections where you answer questions and it tells you what party your views align with best if anyone is interested:

Check out my alignment with the political parties running in the upcoming 2019 European Parliament elections

I have basically zero political allegiance but find it interesting that whenever I do one of these surveys the Green Party come out on top by a mile. The vast majority of the questions are not related to the environment either.
    Fine Gael and Green Party highest for me (both 67%), last of all Sinn Fein, Renua and Direct Democracy Ireland (whoever they might be). No surprises at all, give the first two my top preferences usually and won't throw a vote SF or Renua's way come hell or high water.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      There's one of those surveys here for the EU elections where you answer questions and it tells you what party your views align with best if anyone is interested:

Check out my alignment with the political parties running in the upcoming 2019 European Parliament elections

I have basically zero political allegiance but find it interesting that whenever I do one of these surveys the Green Party come out on top by a mile. The vast majority of the questions are not related to the environment either.
      labour/greens neck and neck then FF for some reason
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

FF top for me. Guess i'm going to have to start blaming everything on the foreigners and the snowflakes from now on. Feeling empowered

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          This is all very Lou Reed:
          Lou was generally well ahead of the curve.

Lou Reed's 'live-in boyfriend' Rachel Humphreys died of AIDS

Picture, if you will, the three-day amphetamine-fuelled benders they used to enjoy.

Just proto-chem-sex really I suppose.

Some lads.

Comment

Is this the last installment? It’s good to read, a real throwback for me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
              Lou was generally well ahead of the curve.

Lou Reed's 'live-in boyfriend' Rachel Humphreys died of AIDS

Picture, if you will, the three-day amphetamine-fuelled benders they used to enjoy.

Just proto-chem-sex really I suppose.

Some lads.
              but what did they identify as?
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

but what did they identify as?
                Just freaks I think.

Sometimes fiends.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  Surely you spotted it in his list of lettered identities.

I like the cut of NoRiverRequired's jib. That was a splendid trip report.
                  The best I've come across in my short time on IPB without a doubt... Haven't laughed as much in a long long time...More please

Comment

Is this good news for you Denny?

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                        Nope, might not go busto soon enough for me.

He waits until the 52 week low to raise, and only raises what he lost last quater, A1. There was a school of thought that the SEC or something else was preventing them from raising new capital. Company on the same path, just the can is kicked down the road for a few months.

Looks like institutions are bailing our robinhhood users are bailing in
                        SPOILER
                        Originally posted by JKC
                        Found these on the twitter:

Comment

Keeping to the same track I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            Looks like institutions are bailing our robinhhood users are bailing in
                            SPOILER

Does this equate to "Smart money bailing out, idiot sheep bailing in"?
                            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comme...nd_ny_poker_7/

Is this the last installment? It’s good to read, a real throwback for me...
                              It's a cool story but doubt its real. Was a fun read tho.

Comment

...Was given a tip that Ryan Babel is going to Galatasary about 2 weeks ago(already agreed apparentl)...Couldn't find any betting anywhere, even in Holland (couldn't find any Turkish site )...Its come out yesterday that he is in talks with them, if anyone sees a market it on it, jump on it and let me know too...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Well I guess it's a three party system with SF
                                      SF would shit themselves if asked to actually assume executive responsibility.

Comment

I have just been reading about the European political structures which exist and the players among them as I have never known. It's all new to me and I'm guessing would be to most Irish people.

It stemmed from me opining last weekend that I wouldn't know how to vote in European elections as I don't understand the system, what groupings different Irish MEPs belong to, what such groups stand for, and how the system even works in respect of majorities etc.

Would people here have a clue about any of this?

Comment

Yeah, I'd know practically nothing. I think FF only joined ALDE because FG joined EPP first (or maybe it was the other way round) and they couldn't be seen to in the same group even if it made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                            Does this equate to "Smart money bailing out, idiot sheep bailing in"?
                                            Retail in general, but especially Robinhood users would be considered the least informed; to the extent that company pay for their order flow.

Comment

I have just been reading about the European political structures which exist and the players among them as I have never known. It's all new to me and I'm guessing would be to most Irish people.

It stemmed from me opining last weekend that I wouldn't know how to vote in European elections as I don't understand the system, what groupings different Irish MEPs belong to, what such groups stand for, and how the system even works in respect of majorities etc.

I would - a bit but only because I have a cohort of Brussels friends who talk about it incessantly.

I'd be very confident 90%+ of Irish people couldn't accurately describe what the Council, the Commission and the Parliament do.

Comment

This is decent..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

It's becoming more important as time goes on but the European party system is far less significant than the party groupings at national level are in forming European policy.

I really like Femi's style the way he cuts through the bullshit and gets people to face the reality of what the assumed positions they have derived from far right sloganeering actually mean.
                                                  You say Europe is undemocratic well here is how it works, now explain how it is undemocratic... 'Uh errm straight bananas'
                                                  You say Farrage is not a racist but here is Farrage being racist... 'Uh errm floodgates opening'
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    The problem is that the Green Party are woeful at being green. They objected to every single wind farm up to some recent point. More controversially they objected to the Waste to Energy facility like their life depended on it, even though waste to energy is a vital part of any national waste planning - the alternative is dumping waste in the ground.

In reality everyone on here should vote Fine Gael. They are a phenomenal party compared to the alternatives and compared to past Irish parties.

Leo, Simon, Pascal, and Eoghan Murphy are just miles better that the crappy two party system deserves to produce.

Have never voted for them before btw. So zero allegiances.
                                                    As I mentioned the environmental stuff doesn't appear to come into it. I'm not exactly awake at night worrying about global warming, although I guess I probably should be.

I have to say I don't understand your crush on Eoghan Murphy.

Edit: I agree that the other three guys are very good relative to the average and that FG are the best of the big parties by a good bit
                                                    Last edited by Keane; 03-05-19, 08:14.

Comment

I think FGs main advantage over the others are the likes of Noonan and Donoghue, they always seemed to talk sense in a balanced way and it’s given them lots of credibility in my view. I’m not mad on Vradker or Murphy tbh, think they’re too interested in looking good, and rarely hear them saying anything smart. I think Martin looks the most statesmen-like, but I think he’s too open minded/swayable to make tough decisions. SF have no credibility until they take up reins in the north and would be a disaster for policing.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                        ...Was given a tip that Ryan Babel is going to Galatasary about 2 weeks ago(already agreed apparentl)...Couldn't find any betting anywhere, even in Holland (couldn't find any Turkish site )...Its come out yesterday that he is in talks with them, if anyone sees a market it on it, jump on it and let me know too...
                                                        Would there be a Ryan Babel next club market? I wouldn't have thought so.

Reminds me of the time my friend rang me from work on a weekday in 2010.

"Can you put a bet on for me?"
                                                        "Yeah Sure"
                                                        "Gerry Ryan is dead"
                                                        "Ok. What's the bet?
                                                        "Gerry Ryan is dead, can you put money on it for me? "
                                                        "What the fuck are you on about? Think i can go on to Powers and bet whether Gerry Ryan is dead or alive? Or pick what Irish Celebrity is going to hit the bricks next?"
                                                        "Yeah i do. Can you not?"

He genuinely thought i could. Shame i couldn't

Turns out some Arsehole in the fire service text his wife when they arrived at the house and informed her they were pulling Ryan from the gaff. She told everyone in the office the text. Was about 90 minutes before the news broke

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                          I think FGs main advantage over the others are the likes of Noonan and Donoghue, they always seemed to talk sense in a balanced way and it’s given them lots of credibility in my view. I’m not mad on Vradker or Murphy tbh, think they’re too interested in looking good, and rarely hear them saying anything smart. I think Martin looks the most statesmen-like, but I think he’s too open minded/swayable to make tough decisions. SF have no credibility until they take up reins in the north and would be a disaster for policing.
                                                          He didn't look too fucking statemanlike when the world exploded under the FF disaster that he was a very senior member of.

Your bolded comments are the problem. Optics.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

"Yeah Sure"
                                                            "Gerry Ryan is dead"
                                                            "Ok. What's the bet?
                                                            "What the fuck are you on about?
                                                            Wiping coffee spit from monitor as prairie doggers pop up all over the place wanting to share in the hilarity

Comment

Didn't learn my lesson after Bilbao but have after Newcastle.

Golden ticket and hotel booked for Marseille 2020. Will book flights in 3 weeks when they become available.

Feel as organised as Raoul, although he probably has the wine and cheese picked.

Comment

He didn't look too fucking statemanlike when the world exploded under the FF disaster that he was a very senior member of.

Your bolded comments are the problem. Optics.
                                                                I think that meme that Leo and his team are all about spin and appearance is lazy nonsense coming mostly from people who think Oliver Callan is a serious intellect rather than a reasonable mimic but pisspoor comic who mistakes nasty cynicism and cheap gags based on personal appearance for political satire.

Of course all politicians are concerned with their public image and politicians in government are obliged to be extremely careful about what they say in public but IMO the problem isn't their obsession with image but that we have a media that through I don't know if it's laziness or incompetence play silly games trying to make themselves sound good instead of trying to shed light on anything.

Comment

I hate the political point-scoring going on around the fact that Leo has a PR team, that said, I still don't think public coffers should be funding it.

It is one thing if it was solely ensuring that the leader of our government portrays himself in a positive light on the international stage but it would be naive to expect that the PR team aren't constantly looking at the domestic political landscape just as much, and probably a lot more than, the international political landscape.

I found it quite amusing that one of our local candidates was at the dart station handing out business size cards with her face on it - I thought it was great, someone delivering us their opinions, actions and goals in a succinct manner - how fantastic, given I haven't seen or heard of her in the previous number of years.... alas, on the reverse side of the card was the fixtures list for the Rugby world cup! That's politics!
                                                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Wiping coffee spit from monitor as prairie doggers pop up all over the place wanting to share in the hilarity
                                                                    He could probably have got a bet on here tbf

Comment

To be fair oddschecker have over 100 player specials priced up, just not Babel...

Had one of those Silver Tiger specials back in the day - someones cousins friends Aunties girlfriends working in O2 had sent out a phone on contract on behalf of the FAI to Jean Tigana at the business end of us hiring a new manager...all BS of course....33/1 seemed like Gold armed with this "info"

Comment

Brother in laws nag goes in the 7.10 - if there's a bit of rain this afternoon that gets into the ground in any way might be worth a poke at 4s - Cash Back.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                          Would there be a Ryan Babel next club market? I wouldn't have thought so.

"Yeah Sure"
                                                                          "Gerry Ryan is dead"
                                                                          "Ok. What's the bet?
                                                                          "What the fuck are you on about? Think i can go on to Powers and bet whether Gerry Ryan is dead or alive? Or pick what Irish Celebrity is going to hit the bricks next?"
                                                                          "Yeah i do. Can you not?"

He genuinely thought i could. Shame i couldn't

Turns out some Arsehole in the fire service text his wife when they arrived at the house and informed her they were pulling Ryan from the gaff. She told everyone in the office the text. Was about 90 minutes before the news broke
                                                                          I remember this.
                                                                          It was a testament to irish gossip mongering how this spread nationally in about an hour
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone who thinks that all Leo and his handlers are concerned about is image are just wrong and that fact is proven by:

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              Brother in laws nag goes in the 7.10 - if there's a bit of rain this afternoon that gets into the ground in any way might be worth a poke at 4s - Cash Back.
                                                                              Also my wife’s first cousin are me and dice kind of related now?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                      Also my wife’s first cousin are me and dice kind of related now?
                                                                                      Never that far removed form anyone round here

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

You OK Hitchy? Not sure Eurotrip, while funny in a juvenile way (the best kind ), deserves the live updates treatment.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

not to take away anything from Hitch's Euro trip, but just watched the 1st episode of the vietnam war which i thought was brilliant. Is it worth sticking with the remaining 16h+?

Obviously started with the intention of seeing it through but if it's not worth it I'd rather know now!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      The weirdest gender thing I came across was a couple I know vaguely who had a baby and after the birth there was some sort of stewards enquiry where it took them nearly a fortnight to figure out what sex the baby was. The Docs were saying that it wasn't really clear to them and if I think there were chromosome tests and maybe some small bit of surgery involved and eventually it was more or less stated that a decision was made as to which sex the child is.
                                                                                                                      That was a long time ago, there are a number of kids in the family and they are all grown up now and for the life of me I can't remember which of the children it was or even if it emerged as a girl or a boy, and there wouldn't be any uncertainty now as to their gender.
                                                                                                                      Very odd, I never heard of anything like it before or since but I do remember they were told by the medics that it wasn't all that rare.
                                                                                                                      Sorry for interrupting things Hitch...

When I lived in Donegal, there was a good looking woman who's family had a garage in town. She was born intersexual and the parents were asked what they wanted (Person well into 40's now) and they chose boy and named him accordingly.

Over the years he played with his 3 sisters and eventually said he felt he should be female. A blood test showed more to the female gender and she now lives as a woman. And when she was a bridesmaid for her sister, she was the best looking out the lot, despite having her knob tucked away. I believe that has been lopped off since though.

A shame how her life started out, maybe if the family didn't have 3 other girls it may have gone differently.

Comment

England on 80/5 chasing Irelands 199 in the ODI. Surely not!

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X