Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I've recently begun to take an active interest in exploring where some value may exist in a similar area trying to use a combination of a few different things over the past couple of months, no hallucinogens though but I wouldn't rule it out.

In regards to the use of hallucinogens, from what I have read thus far, they largely mimic the state which is reached by those who are extremely experienced mediators. Difficult to achieve and the experience is fleeting but it's possible in small less potent forms.

Huxley discussing psychedelics referred to removing the filter of reality to expose the "Mind at Large". You read a variety of different interpretations that describe the sensation. Douglas Harding refers to it as "Having No Head", a sense of oneness, removal of the illusion of "I" are also descriptions of the sensation.
      The Doors of Perception by Huxley was basically written about his experience while on acid and it's where Jim Morrison got the name of the band.

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
      There is a lot of credible research that shows the therapeutic qualities of psychedelics. There's a good overview here (podcast):

“Psychedelics, used responsibly and with proper caution, would be for psychiatry what the microscope is for biology and medicine or the telescope is for astronomy.” – Stanislav Grof This might be the most important podcast episode I’ve put out in the last two years. Please trust me and give it a full listen. It will surprise … Continue reading "Michael Pollan — Exploring The New Science of Psychedelics (#313)"

The set and setting of how you take them are going to be more important than which exact drug you take. You want to be somewhere you feel safe and relaxed, with someone who is sober and has your best interests at heart. Doing it with a group of strangers that you aren't comfortable around doesn't sound like an ideal venue.
      Timothy Leary was the one who at least hallmarked the terms of set & setting in the 1960s, the Psychedelic Experience I believe was the book.

Setting is pretty self explanatory but he broke set down further with long range and immediate.

Long range:
      “the kind of person you are—your fears, desires, conflicts, guilts, secret passions,”

Immediate:
      Refers to the hope and goal of given session due to commence among other things.

Paper on the use of set & setting in Drug Policy

Individual (immediate) set and setting conditions never exist in a vacuum. They are shaped by external social and cultural forces. Thus, an individual’s personality is shaped by the society and culture in which they grow up and live, as does the preparation they will have before entering a psychedelic experience, or the expectations and intentions they will bring to such an experience. Similarly, physical setting will invariably depend on the kind of culture in which the experience takes place (e.g. different topographies, a preference to outdoor or indoor sessions, styles of architecture and design). So will, naturally, the social setting, composed by other members of the society, and of course a person’s belief system. We thus find that individual set and setting is always nestled within a greater collective set and setting, which is shaped by the society and culture in which a person lives and develops.
      Its such a complex topic, I'd be curious if it's a ubiquitously held view that set & setting is more important than the drug itself.
      Not saying its wrong as it's clearly very important, apparently those who became drug addicts during Vietnam

For heroin addicts who left Vietnam, recidivism to addiction three years after they got back to the United States was approximately 12%—virtually the reverse of previous reports

Comment

Could anyone actually see anything on GOT ep 3? I couldnt see a fucking thing

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          It is not legal.

Kinda grey/not really pursued
          Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-04-19, 23:17.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
            Has anyone here ever "done" Ayahuasca, apologies if there has been the conversation before but couldn't find any mention.

I have been dealing with a woman from a group located in a castle in Waterford and am genuinely close to pulling the trigger on a retreat there, licking frogs in the morning and whatever the fuck this ayahuasca is in the evening. I never do drugs of any kind, and have only had horrific experiences when I have and am pretty sure my brain might actually break if I try it but my mind currently, well for a long time has been utter clogged and I think has essentially being rotting for over three years. I haven't tried anything and am all out of ideas, well I did go to a few truly terrible therapists, one of whom arrived wearing leather shoes with a pair of tracksuit bottoms. I am shallow at the best of times so that was certainly too much for me. The other lad asked me to pay for next week in advance so he was gg too. I am sure I wont fit in and will secretly think they are a pack of crusty bums but maybe thats the kind of judgmental bullshit it might cure.

Like, is there a retreat, for want of a better word, where you can go and find all that emotional healing and revelation without ingesting something that could potentially fuck me up for the rest of my life. Ihave asked a few people but all the sort who are balls deep in thinking drugs are great in the first place. Think Im looking to be talked out of it in reality.
            Check out Dzogchen Beara .ie it's a Buddhist retreat centre in west cork. They have ongoing opportunities whereby you go down as a volunteer you do light work which can vary day to day. In return for 30 hours a week you are provided with meals and accommodation. I went down for 4 weeks 7/8 years ago and stayed 3 and a half years before returning to a life of degeneracy and poker. Silly me. It's a fantastic place with great people. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. No frog licking though as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
              I hate humans Retail work made that happen...
              So I'm currently pissed and going to sleep soon to catch a flight to futerventra at 7.40 am..

I deserve a hol. Just saying. 10 days bring it fucking on!

Oh and hit 50% of monthly target in 4 days as I planned so I won't come back to a big fat zero...
              Go every year to corralejo: love it

Comment

There's psilocybin mushrooms growing outside my place. Always been curious

Comment

Has anyone here ever "done" Ayahuasca, apologies if there has been the conversation before but couldn't find any mention.

I have been dealing with a woman from a group located in a castle in Waterford and am genuinely close to pulling the trigger on a retreat there, licking frogs in the morning and whatever the fuck this ayahuasca is in the evening. I never do drugs of any kind, and have only had horrific experiences when I have and am pretty sure my brain might actually break if I try it but my mind currently, well for a long time has been utter clogged and I think has essentially being rotting for over three years. I haven't tried anything and am all out of ideas, well I did go to a few truly terrible therapists, one of whom arrived wearing leather shoes with a pair of tracksuit bottoms. I am shallow at the best of times so that was certainly too much for me. The other lad asked me to pay for next week in advance so he was gg too. I am sure I wont fit in and will secretly think they are a pack of crusty bums but maybe thats the kind of judgmental bullshit it might cure.

Like, is there a retreat, for want of a better word, where you can go and find all that emotional healing and revelation without ingesting something that could potentially fuck me up for the rest of my life. Ihave asked a few people but all the sort who are balls deep in thinking drugs are great in the first place. Think Im looking to be talked out of it in reality.
                  That's kinda throwing yourself in the deep end, like going drinking with Dice for your junior cert results night

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                    Could anyone actually see anything on GOT ep 3? I couldnt see a fucking thing
                    SPOILER
                    Night King has some jaunt on him

Comment

There's someone on here who could say a lot about it, but it seems perhaps he doesn't wish to.

If you're looking to be talked out of it don't go imo. But if you do we must have a "trip" report. From what I've read I wouldn't personally be inclined to go to the crowd who run them.

Non-drug encounter groups don't tend to exist anymore (outside of cultish money grabbing ones anyway), they were more a 60's/70's phenomenon, and I doubt there was much of it in Ireland. It's a pity, I would like to do it myself.

If you're adverse to drugs there is always Stan Grof's holotropic breathwork which uses the breath that he developed after LSD got banned. I've never done it.

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                      Check out Dzogchen Beara .ie it's a Buddhist retreat centre in west cork. They have ongoing opportunities whereby you go down as a volunteer you do light work which can vary day to day. In return for 30 hours a week you are provided with meals and accommodation. I went down for 4 weeks 7/8 years ago and stayed 3 and a half years before returning to a life of degeneracy and poker. Silly me. It's a fantastic place with great people. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. No frog licking though as far as I know.
                      Please tell us more, I would love to hear about your time there. Are you still involved in RIGPA?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                            GOT

SPOILER
                            Man, the music was just 10/10. Made the episode for me.

The actual story was 6/10. Seems to have lost its edge
                            SPOILER

Yeah, just felt a bit disappointed after that. Think the show's at it's best when it's two characters in a room rather than seeing how someone gets saved at the last second over and over. The possibility of main characters dying was such a part of the potency of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              That's kinda throwing yourself in the deep end, like going drinking with Dice for your junior cert results night
                              Inter Cert

Comment

Alarm goes off. I'm like a cunt grab sky uniform and then realise no Michelle you have no work today
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                  There's someone on here who could say a lot about it, but it seems perhaps he doesn't wish to.

If you're looking to be talked out of it don't go imo. But if you do we must have a "trip" report. From what I've read I wouldn't personally be inclined to go to the crowd who run them.

Non-drug encounter groups don't tend to exist anymore (outside of cultish money grabbing ones anyway), they were more a 60's/70's phenomenon, and I doubt there was much of it in Ireland. It's a pity, I would like to do it myself.

If you're adverse to drugs there is always Stan Grof's holotropic breathwork which uses the breath that he developed after LSD got banned. I've never done it.

Please tell us more, I would love to hear about your time there. Are you still involved in RIGPA?
                                  This could be a long one I'm 52 I started gambling when I was 6/7 we went as a family to race meetings my cousin was a decent amateur jockey he's a trainer now and reckoned by some to be shrewd and others that's he as bent as an s hook. I digress Dzogchen Beara. Ok I came out of a treatment centre having completed Consillios Cuan Mhuire programme for the 3rd time in 10 years. I was in one of her halfway houses in Monaghan and going nowhere fast when I heard about DZB . I knew fuck all about Buddhism and less about west cork. Having been a guest of Consillios for almost 6 months and having had daily rosaries and mass gently caressed down my throat I figured I'd go and investigate. I contacted them and arranged to go down for 4/6 weeks as a volunteer. I worked 10am - 1pm and 2-5 pm five days a week and in return I got to attend guided meditations twice a day and the finest quality vegetarian food. You eat like a king and the food is delicious. Accommodation is in a shared dorm in a lovely cosy hostel. Seperate dorms for men and women. The place saved my life. I fell instantly in love with it and it felt like home straight away. You're living in a community environment with genuinely nice kind decent people. You'll meet the most eclectic assortment of individuals. It's an enriching experience and it doesn't matter if you call in for a coffee n a walk on the cliff top or spend a couple of nights in the hostel or go as a volunteer.... There are no guarantees in life but I guarantee you one thing that anyone who has ever been fortunate enough to discover DZB always always returns. I was never part of Rigpa thank God or Buddha !! Sogyal rinponche not my cup of tea... I've done his annual retreats and seen him in action... He's an acknowledged sexual abuser and a c**t . I can say that cos he's not my master .... Never was .... Never will be. I took refuge in the dharma with Zigar contrul rinponche and Ringu Tulku is my master. Those two dudes know their shit. Feel free to ask anything I've left out.

Comment

Shrooms is the gateway drug to psychadelics. Way less variance in trips, hard to get a bad one imo. Loads avail out the curragh too.

Acid is more of a crunchy buzz. jk, acid is mushrooms on steroids. I did it once and likely thats enough for me.

Never taken Aya, had a buddy who did in Peru and swore it helped him deal with a friends death.

I can absolutely see how any pyschadelic would help you work through deep shit, it does tend to let you think differently but knowing you, doing it on your own, prejudging your environment and group you are with is a recipe for disaster. Doing it with a buddy you trust who can talk you through it all would be the best play imo.
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

SPOILER

Yeah, just felt a bit disappointed after that. Think the show's at it's best when it's two characters in a room rather than seeing how someone gets saved at the last second over and over. The possibility of main characters dying was such a part of the potency of the show.
                                      SPOILER
                                      Yeah, huge cop out. Disappointing. I could probably live with none of the main character dying if it made sense in terms of their arcs or the story but wave after wave of zombies running at them and not a scratch.

Say something like Jamie got trapped in a tower or something and Brienne followed.
                                      Or Sam ran and hid with the famjam somewhere south of winterfell.
                                      Sansa and Tyrion I kinda get.

I guess I just don't know how any of Sam, Jamie, Brienne or Grey Worm survived. Which is annoying.

Danaerys picking up a sword too... come on. Landing Drogon in the middle of the zombie hoard and not taking off when they start attacking.

Having the Dothraki charged into the night... wtf in terms of using the horseback laddies. But cool scene.

And yeah, Arya being a ninja. Get outta here. Row upon row of zombie and a path to the night king guarded by blue eyed walkers and Arya jumps outta nowhere. I guess she could have been in the tree.... still.

Lazy writing imo.

Score was class. Cinematography was class. Tension before the battle was very very well done too.
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Couple of observations I forgot to mention about DZB. If you can't get laid down there you can't get laid anywhere in the world. The amount of stunning women who pass through is incredible. Lots of German Swedish Finns and Aussies and French. All seem to have a very different perspective and attitude to casual sex than any chicks I'd encountered prior to landing there. Luca Bloom Christy Moore and the rest of the Moore clan are frequent visitors there and Luka Bloom occasionally plays a gig in the hostel when he's around. Was there one night and it was absolutely fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Line of Duty

That's a powerful first few episodes. Oh my golly gosh.
                                          Glued too. On season 3 absolutely brilliant.
                                          On another note. Currently on a bus to airport drinking pink gin from a can
                                          Maybe I need to pop myself into a retreat spot..
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                                              Go every year to corralejo: love it
                                              Yup corralejo. 3rd visit. Its a little peace of heaven. Just give me that beach! Its like the carribean but way cheaper!
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Vegas based gambler on an 18 game winning streak on Jeopardy winning over 1.3m in total thus far.
                                                He won last night by $18, one away from tying the longest stretch in history with the guy who finished 2nd having the highest ever losing total

Brandeis sports information director Adam Levin said he took advantage of being able to watch his record-setting opponent play before going on the show himself.

Comment

@jbravado. Mate of mine did aya in peru few years back and wrote about it here. There's probably a longer version on his blog.

It wasn't my idea. Then again, it never was. Other gringo backpackers roped me into their hedonistic, island-hopping adventures. In truth, I was more than just a passive observer. I instigated much of the carnage in the six months of South American travel that led me to my watershed moment.

I don't have much to add to the discourse on aya or hallucinogens. Not something that I know a huge amount on. Perhaps mushrooms or micro dosing is worth exploring as aya seems to be the deep end?

I had a couple of bogey counsellers in the past and it was incredibly frustrating. Probably set me back a couple of years in my 20s. Whatever you do, I hope you find a good headspace man.

Comment

Last night's posting gets an A1 (Sharon).
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I see this quote being omitted from some Irish media articles about Bertie’s Rees Mogg quotes. Truest thing the old fool has ever said tbh, his people must be “ reaching out” to get it removed

“And regards to the fact that lot of these guys went to Oxford, Cambridge and Eton, they’re not very bright. This is the problem."

"There is nothing wrong with the backstop," he added.

Comment

GoT

SPOILER
                                                        I can understand why some people would be cynical about it but I fucking loved that episode. I cried like a baby afterwards. The knowledge that the books will definitely be better is an even bigger boon.

Also I'm reasonably sure Arya was up in the tree branches. Would have to watch it back but I wonder if that's who Bran was smiling up at. Would have to watch it back but it's the only thing that makes sense (apart from really awful writing lol)
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Stuck in a strip club private roomp. She's just gone out. I've spent about €800 so far.
                                                          This is a familiar pattern.
                                                          Step back now man
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Andy, I love that you still think there will be more books. * pats head *

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                              It's the only thing that gets me through the day.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"Wisdom stripes"...
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Thoughts on last nights ep?

Comment

They’ll get finished just not by the original author, $$$

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                      Thoughts on last nights ep?
                                                                      Haven't watched since last ep of series 4.
                                                                      I normally read the wiki entry for the episode and if there's any scene that leaps out as must watch then I youtube it.

Comment

Haven't watched since last ep of series 4.
                                                                        I normally read the wiki entry for the episode and if there's any scene that leaps out as must watch then I youtube it.
                                                                        I’m actually jealous,pretty much the nut way of watching it.
                                                                        Why did you decide that, could you see the way it was going?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                          It's the only thing that gets me through the day.
                                                                          Writers block or big pile of money from HBO to delay?

I lean towards the latter though there's a couple of other writers taking an age to continue their series' (Patrick Rothfuss 2011 and Scott Lynch 2013)

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                            GoT

SPOILER
                                                                            I can understand why some people would be cynical about it but I fucking loved that episode. I cried like a baby afterwards. The knowledge that the books will definitely be better is an even bigger boon.

Also I'm reasonably sure Arya was up in the tree branches. Would have to watch it back but I wonder if that's who Bran was smiling up at. Would have to watch it back but it's the only thing that makes sense (apart from really awful writing lol)
                                                                            SPOILER

No, awful writing or good foreshadowing (depending on your view)

SHe silently went past them thanks to Jaquen's training, the hair whipped up not out
                                                                            and she used the same trick to beat brienne one on one.
                                                                            On the face of it, it's a cop out to have the teenage girl be the hero but
                                                                            she beat the hound and brienne one on one, took out the entire house frey and spend the guts of a decade training to be an assassin. She's probably the only warrior in the entire show whose only form of attack isn't charge headfirst while screaming

Though there is no shortage of bad writing

If the NK knows where he is at all times, what exactly was the point of Brans warging? He effectively had a nap through the most important battle in history.

The crypt foreshadowing was so bad. Our enemy can raise the dead? Lets put all our most defenseless people in there?

Let defend the main target of the NK with 20 archers and no plan

Lets put chains on the outside of the castle so they can climb up

lets not use our catapults apart from the 1st few minutes

lets wait until they get past the fire trench to start shooting at them

and on and on and on.

jon snow' military strategy

1-fight the bolton cavalry alone
                                                                            2-send the dothraki into the dark against ??
                                                                            3-kidnap a wight
                                                                            4-build a flame trench BEHIND my army
                                                                            5-yell at the dragon

He really does know nothing

Last edited by DeadParrot; 30-04-19, 10:28.
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I’m actually jealous,pretty much the nut way of watching it.
                                                                              Why did you decide that, could you see the way it was going?
                                                                              From memory I just got fed up with some nonsense that was making it into the show. I don't think there was one moment, just a build-up.

I haven't heard or read anything since to make me think I made the wrong choice.

Comment

From memory I just got fed up with some nonsense that was making it into the show. I don't think there was one moment, just a build-up.

I haven't heard or read anything since to make me think I made the wrong choice.
                                                                                Good discipline, think it was in season 5 where I really looked and thought this is bollocks but felt like I was already locked in, should have just gone with your way, what a waste of time
                                                                                Usually am pretty good at cutting loose of shite, don’t watch that many TV series, think Wire ,Sopranos and Breaking bad are the only series I’ve watched start to finish, struggled with BB , it fairly went to shit towards the end too.
                                                                                I guess it’s hard to wrap things up, even the Wire stumbled a bit,Sopranos won’t be topped for how they went out

Comment

I think we have a few cyclists here right? Anyone tell me is there such a thing as a cheap wireless cadence trip computer?

Comment

Good discipline, think it was in season 5 where I really looked and thought this is bollocks but felt like I was already locked in, should have just gone with your way, what a waste of time
                                                                                    Usually am pretty good at cutting loose of shite, don’t watch that many TV series, think Wire ,Sopranos and Breaking bad are the only series I’ve watched start to finish, struggled with BB , it fairly went to shit towards the end too.
                                                                                    I guess it’s hard to wrap things up, even the Wire stumbled a bit,Sopranos won’t be topped for how they went out
                                                                                    IPB has this discussion at least once every two years but I have to say I totally agree with your assessment - the Sopranos very easily GOAT series, the Wire also really immense but last series wasn't up to the earlier standards, and also think (somewhat unpopular decision in here IIRC?) that while Breaking Bad was definitely better than just 'good', it shouldn't even be a contender for GOAT status, at least two levels down from Sopranos and one from the Wire, Deadwood, Mad Men.

Think I'd rewatch the Shield before I'd rewatch BB Probably remembering the former too generously though, it's been a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      I think we have a few cyclists here right? Anyone tell me is there such a thing as a cheap wireless cadence trip computer?
                                                                                      How cheap do you want? Do you specifically need/want cadence for some reason? Do you want/need gps for strava or do you just want speed and distance?
                                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                        Writers block or big pile of money from HBO to delay?

I lean towards the latter though there's a couple of other writers taking an age to continue their series' (Patrick Rothfuss 2011 and Scott Lynch 2013)
                                                                                        Nothing on Robert Caro. He started his biography of LBJ over 40 years ago and is still researching Volume 5. And he hasn't even got to Vietnam and The Great Society yet.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                          How cheap do you want? Do you specifically need/want cadence for some reason? Do you want/need gps for strava or do you just want speed and distance?
                                                                                          Just want to be able to keep an eye so I can get the feel for when I need to be shifting up and down. I've been doing a lot of reading on different sites for how to improve and they all mention keeping a consistent cadence. I have a Cateye Velo that I got with the bike that does speed & distance already but not cadence.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                            IPB has this discussion at least once every two years but I have to say I totally agree with your assessment - the Sopranos very easily GOAT series, the Wire also really immense but last series wasn't up to the earlier standards, and also think (somewhat unpopular decision in here IIRC?) that while Breaking Bad was definitely better than just 'good', it shouldn't even be a contender for GOAT status, at least two levels down from Sopranos and one from the Wire, Deadwood, Mad Men.

Think I'd rewatch the Shield before I'd rewatch BB Probably remembering the former too generously though, it's been a long time...
                                                                                            BB has zero rewatch potential, I think without the suspense and cliff hangers there's not much behind it.

Mad Men still one of my favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                              Just want to be able to keep an eye so I can get the feel for when I need to be shifting up and down. I've been doing a lot of reading on different sites for how to improve and they all mention keeping a consistent cadence. I have a Cateye Velo that I got with the bike that does speed & distance already but not cadence.
                                                                                              Fair enough. Suggested knowledge is that self selected cadence is best... but >85 is preferable if possible.

Im not sure if this link will work but this seems to be the cheapest way to get cadence via HK sellers https://www.wish.com/search/bicycle%...&source=search

Failing that you might look at the Cateye Padrone Digital but you may need to buy the sensors separately for that.

Next step up would be something like a Garmin Edge 25 and again you are buying the sensors separately but it gives you a data file you can look back at afterwards if you want and your GPS track. Also if you do a lot of cycling alone on quiet roads I think the 25 is varia radar compatible which I very much recommend.
                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

...

Comment

Well that's €1500 spent supporting the arts.
                                                                                                  At least it makes spending €800 on a phone seem positively frugal.
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Inter Cert
                                                                                                    Ah I meant going with adult Dice!

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                    Shrooms is the gateway drug to psychadelics. Way less variance in trips, hard to get a bad one imo. Loads avail out the curragh too.

Acid is more of a crunchy buzz. jk, acid is mushrooms on steroids. I did it once and likely thats enough for me.
                                                                                                    Yeah, at least start with that. Shrooms and acid is a giggle and a good experience. And if you don't like it at least shrooms are short. I've always felt like I came away learning something new, and never had an issue even at silly high doses but I found DMT a completely different beast. It's on an entirely different level. It was the first time I ever felt a psychedelic was too much, and it was probably distressing. Anyone watching it certainly would have thought so.

On the positives side, it is incredibly beautiful, your perception of reality is completely changed, there's a whole art scene dedicated to trying to replicate the multi dimensional appearance of trip. It's pretty much impossible to convey the experience in words. It's so subjective anyway that it would be a waste of time. I definitely came out changed for the better. I'm about as far away from a hemp wearing juggler as you can get but even I felt like I got a peek into something different.

It's a long time since I've read strassman's spirit molecule (he did trials injecting people with DMT in the States), but I recall something about maybe 20% of the population have an adverse reaction to it, extremely high HR,a physical reaction and difficult trips. He could usually tell from the outset who was going to have a tough experience. Most of my friends have had much more positive experiences so perhaps I'm just one of the unlucky 20%.

Ihave asked a few people but all the sort who are balls deep in thinking drugs are great in the first place.
                                                                                                    This a good point. People who talk about their great experiences are usually predisposed towards that kind of experience. It's a self selected group, and I don't think it applies to most people. When I was teenager I would have recommended acid to anyone cause I had great experiences on it, but plenty of people have dark episodes or highly anxious and distressingly experiences. It's far too intense for a lot (most?) people, and it last for hours, there's no switching it off, you're in for the long haul. but again it's nothing like DMT.

I did DMT several times after and I'll do it again at some point, but it's a bit of an ordeal, and not something I'd be recommending to everyone like Rogan does. And that just lasts a few mins, Ayahuasca could be 8 hours, and involves a lot of purging (a polite way of saying you're going to get sick a lot and possibly shit yourself) but that's just a blimp compared to the mental experience. I don't think most people are going to enjoy completely losing touch with reality and feeling like they've died.

I've a good few friends who have done it, and it's a small source of friction between us. I'm highly sceptical of it and the people that run the retreats and who are around it in general. I think there's an awful lot of bullshit about it. A lot of people go for "healing" for these retreats, and Aya is probably just a shortcut, they'd probably have most of the benefit if they had been on a meditative retreat, and all without the strain of a psychotic experience.

. I am sure I wont fit in and will secretly think they are a pack of crusty bums but maybe thats the kind of judgmental bullshit it might cure.
                                                                                                    I'd like to give Aya a go but I don't want the dogma from the people who are around it.
                                                                                                    It's kinda the irony of it, plenty of people who are involved with are judgemental and cultish around it. It would be like spending a weekend away with the Beatniks from Mad Men.

They're open people but only to their view of open. Plenty of them are tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists. Maybe this kinda stuff gives a glimpse into another form of consciousness or whatever, but when it's over you're back in the real world, and how this world functions and I think a lot of them hold onto the trip too much.

tl;dr it's an interesting experience but high chance of it going bad, and the people around it are a pack of crusty bums
                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-04-19, 14:14.

Comment

Well that's €1500 spent supporting the arts.
                                                                                                      Does that go under sundries in the app?

Comment

...

Comment

@Denny

DMT experiences in Ireland, outside or both?

Comment

Just here. It's not something you really come across, but Brazilians usually know someone. Tar will sort us out.

Comment

Have a spare ticket for punchestown if anyone is going without one.
                                                                                                              Hoping to be there in time for the first race.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just here. It's not something you really come across, but Brazilians usually know someone. Tar will sort us out.
                                                                                                                Was only thinking the other day I haven't been to diceys in a while.

Not everyone's cup of tea but for a single lad where the backdoor leads to Rio it's a very underrated establishment.

IPB trip to Diceys, DMT optional.

Comment

There will be more books without a doubt.
                                                                                                                  When and who by are the only questions

Comment

Stuck in a strip club private roomp. She's just gone out. I've spent about €800 so far.
                                                                                                                    Genuinely not sure whether the 'o' or the 'p' is a typo...

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                      Fair enough. Suggested knowledge is that self selected cadence is best... but >85 is preferable if possible.

Im not sure if this link will work but this seems to be the cheapest way to get cadence via HK sellers https://www.wish.com/search/bicycle%...&source=search

Failing that you might look at the Cateye Padrone Digital but you may need to buy the sensors separately for that.

Next step up would be something like a Garmin Edge 25 and again you are buying the sensors separately but it gives you a data file you can look back at afterwards if you want and your GPS track. Also if you do a lot of cycling alone on quiet roads I think the 25 is varia radar compatible which I very much recommend.
                                                                                                                      Thanks for the advice, I've found one on aliexpress for ~35 euro with all the sensors included so I'll give that a try. I haven't an iota what my cadence would be at the moment so it will be good to know if I'm in that 85 rpm ballpark at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                        Was only thinking the other day I haven't been to diceys in a while.

Not everyone's cup of tea but for a single lad where the backdoor leads to Rio it's a very underrated establishment.

IPB trip to Diceys, DMT optional.
                                                                                                                        Think Zod got us all a lifetime ban last visit

Comment

Thank you all who posted advice, I really appreciate it. Back an age ago when I started to post on bb thread we used to say BB thread delivers and it certainly did.

That article you linked Collicam was fantastic, I think I am the exact type of person would almost certainly freak out and maybe lose my marbles forever. Huge thanks to LimpWhacker /pm sent if you see it. This is a path I am going to go down. Really appreciate any advice and responses all which had a kind tone of helpful. Much love.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Closed_Account; 30-04-19, 14:19.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X