Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
      United Chelsea will be some mad 3-3 draw now and arsenal will somehow still be in the race.
      22 man brawl & point deductions

Comment

Do people here date more than one person at once? It's not something I've ever done. As mentioned previously I have just started seeing someone who I REALLY like, there was some complications with another girl confessing feelings but nevertheless, she's just a friend to me. A third girl has appeared. When it rains it fucking pours.

I went to a house party last night, a karaoke one. There is this Brazilian girl I have seen around for years, mate of a mate. I've never met her, previously just noting how beautiful she is whenever I've seen her. No pics sorry. Anyway she fucking carried out a surgical strike on me.

I had just arrived (two hours late as is Brazilian party custom) and sat down with a gin and tonic beside a friend, no garnish. She appeared - calling me by name somehow, breathing her name at me and sitting next to me with a flourish. I didn't even take it in, had to ask her what her name was today. Presented me with dishes of blueberries, raspberries, lime etc and crushing pink peppercorns into my gin with the other hand while staring into my eyes saying I was her G&T partner for the night. I wish I had a millionth of the charisma this girl has, I was but a deer in the headlights. She's awesome. Suddenly I was doing Grease duets and it was over for me. Practically non consent at that stage.

Flight to NY is rapidly approaching and I'm packing, can't wait to get out of here for a few weeks, I miss being a loner already.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
          22 man brawl & point deductions
          Neither side has anyone who'd enjoy those shenanigans anymore. That in itself is part of the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
            Neither side has anyone who'd enjoy those shenanigans anymore. That in itself is part of the problem!
            Got me interested in looking at disciplinary chart, Bournemouth are certainly a team more sinned against than sinning. Way out in front of the table for cards against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              Do people here date more than one person at once? It's not something I've ever done. As mentioned previously I have just started seeing someone who I REALLY like, there was some complications with another girl confessing feelings but nevertheless, she's just a friend to me. A third girl has appeared. When it rains it fucking pours.

I went to a house party last night, a karaoke one. There is this Brazilian girl I have seen around for years, mate of a mate. I've never met her, previously just noting how beautiful she is whenever I've seen her. No pics sorry. Anyway she fucking carried out a surgical strike on me.

I had just arrived (two hours late as is Brazilian party custom) and sat down with a gin and tonic beside a friend, no garnish. She appeared - calling me by name somehow, breathing her name at me and sitting next to me with a flourish. I didn't even take it in, had to ask her what her name was today. Presented me with dishes of blueberries, raspberries, lime etc and crushing pink peppercorns into my gin with the other hand while staring into my eyes saying I was her G&T partner for the night. I wish I had a millionth of the charisma this girl has, I was but a deer in the headlights. She's awesome. Suddenly I was doing Grease duets and it was over for me. Practically non consent at that stage.

Flight to NY is rapidly approaching and I'm packing, can't wait to get out of here for a few weeks, I miss being a loner already.
              It is tough but keep straight and through so to speak in a relationship. Dating 2 at the same is frowned on this forum. A few of us here were divils for the bar girls here in the past I believe but didnt count that as double dating
              Dont change horses in midstream.

Comment

Keep seeing the one you like
                Be prepared to lose a friend
                Play dumb with the 3rd one hoping to put on long finger
                Unless your about to declare undying love to the first one, tap the Brazilian!

Comment

Until you're "exclusive" with one, date and ride away imo.

Comment

Yeah, think it's pretty much assumed that that's the case.

Comment

Sanchez looks like he'd try to flog you some dodgy gear off the back of a van with that moustache.

Don't know how any moustachioed person can look at themselves in a mirror and think that's a good life decision.

If you're not Tom Selleck don't do it.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Maniac is clearly named after the director of that show. What a ride!!!
                          Yeah? Think I made it to 6th or 7th Ep and kind of forgot about it, was ok but didn’t give a shit about the characters, think it’s Jonah Hill tbh , must go back and finish it

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Went to see Endgame on Thursday .....full cinema. I was tilted to bits. People fkin munching, chewing, opening packs. But...... On 5 different occasions, half the cinema fkin applauding, including standing ovations. Other times they were crying. I was never so tilted in my life. I'll never ever ever go to abnew release showing again. /Scarred
                            Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            Went to see it last night.
                            It's a great movie but 100% the above.
                            I'd consider myself a fan boy but I had nothing on the neckbeards and millenials sobbing cheering, commenting and clapping along to the movie as if anyone else fucking cared what they thought.
                            Give me a Monday 3pm showing anyday
                            standing ovations and applause in the middle of a cinema flick. Christ, and these people probably have a vote too

Comment

Reckon GOT will pull it out of the bag for the last few episodes, assume it will be a bloodbath tonight based on last week

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                Reckon GOT will pull it out of the bag for the last few episodes, assume it will be a bloodbath tonight based on last week
                                Yeah, last week was a real "let's have you remember why you love these characters so we can butcher them next week" episode.

Comment

Comment

First time in Kerry in a good 25 years there over the weekend. Class spot. Dunloe Hotel is highly recommended. Drove through the Gap of Dunloe and got well lost. Just home in time to repack for a few days at the snooker starting tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      First time in Kerry in a good 25 years there over the weekend. Class spot. Dunloe Hotel is highly recommended. Drove through the Gap of Dunloe and got well lost. Just home in time to repack for a few days at the snooker starting tomorrow
                                      LMK if you need any Sheffield tips
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Holy fuck.

SPOILER
                                        Vader is Luke's father!
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

GoT

SPOILER
                                          meh

Comment

GOT

SPOILER
                                            Man, the music was just 10/10. Made the episode for me.

The actual story was 6/10. Seems to have lost its edge
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Interesting developments in addressing climate change, more PhDs in this field

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                GOT

SPOILER
                                                Man, the music was just 10/10. Made the episode for me.

The actual story was 6/10. Seems to have lost its edge
                                                SPOILER
                                                Yeah some great music and shots but story wise pretty awful. The writers have thoroughly shat the bed now

Comment

The latest posts ticker/widget/thing is gone from my homepage. How do i get it back?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                    The latest posts ticker/widget/thing is gone from my homepage. How do i get it back?
                                                    Quick links drop down on home page.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                      Quick links drop down on home page.
                                                      TY. Was scared for a moment there that i would miss the gold that would come through this week for Punchestown.

Comment

I hadn't even heard of the avengers movie until this weekend.

Someone turned 250$ into 165k rolling profits into more and more Disney calls
                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-04-19, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                          LMK if you need any Sheffield tips
                                                          Pub that wouldn't be entirely awful on a Monday and Tuesday?

Comment

Comment

Is it In the Line of Duty or In the Line of Fire that everyone raves about?
                                                              I thought they were all raving about The Shadow Line (haven’t seen any of them)

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                Pub that wouldn't be entirely awful on a Monday and Tuesday?
                                                                The Devonshire Cat is the best pub in the city, but it's ~10 mins walk away from The Crucible.

The Head Of Steam is right beside the Crucible and is honestly fine. The tables outside are a good place to hunt for selfies if that's your thing.
                                                                Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 29-04-19, 13:42.
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Line of Duty. Season 5 on BBC now, rest on Netflix.

Comment

Line of Duty
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

FWIW Season 5 of LoD has become a bit tired and a kind of watery version of itself but its still better than most everything else on at the moment.

Comment

I watched a new one on Netflix recently in a similar mould to LOD

Bodyguard: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7493974/

Keeley Hawes who starred in Series 1 of LOD plays a role in it, not quite as enjoyable as LOD but it's pretty good and only 6 episodes

Comment

Watch for me like a fool on BBC at the interval

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Keeley Hawes who starred in Series 1 of LOD plays a role in it, not quite as enjoyable as LOD but it's pretty good and only 6 episodes
                                                                            I’m 4 eps in and think it’s just as good, and I’m a massive LOD fan. Also Happy Valley is worth a watch in that genre.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                I’m 4 eps in and think it’s just as good, and I’m a massive LOD fan. Also Happy Valley is worth a watch in that genre.
                                                                                Big fan of Happy Valley too, the main actress is very good. Another one that's on ITV is The Bay, similar to Broadchurch so I'd expect anyone who likes LOD, Happy Valley etc to like it too.

Comment

Won a medal at the table beside the TV lads. Class at snooker tbh.

Comment

Big fan of Happy Valley too, the main actress is very good. Another one that's on ITV is The Bay, similar to Broadchurch so I'd expect anyone who likes LOD, Happy Valley etc to like it too.
                                                                                    currently on to LOD Season 2, enjoying it so far. started bodyguard but didn't fancy it.

Luther was class as well in the same vein

Comment

A lot of coverage of Tony Slattery today following this article. If you don't recognise him now then a quick google will put you straight. Spoiler: things haven't turned out too well.
                                                                                      He was great. Would love to give him a big hug now after reading that.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                        currently on to LOD Season 2, enjoying it so far. started bodyguard but didn't fancy it.

Luther was class as well in the same vein
                                                                                        Luther best of the bunch imo (until the terrible last season) LOD is getting a bit too far fetched now also.
                                                                                        Go back to the bodyguard imo, worth watching and only 6 episodes. We really enjoyed it after thinking the first episode was meh

Comment

It's the same guy, Jed Mercurio, that created both shows.
                                                                                          Bodyguard was a big step up in terms of worldwide audience reach and IMO the distraction of it is the reason that that Se05 of LoD is disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            It's the same guy, Jed Mercurio, that created both shows.
                                                                                            Bodyguard was a big step up in terms of worldwide audience reach and IMO the distraction of it is the reason that that Se05 of LoD is disappointing.
                                                                                            I thought Bodyguard was more intriguing in terms of interconnected stories but the plot of LOD early on at least felt a tad more believable, both great shows either way.

If you haven't seen The Bay, it's worth a watch, I think it's released weekly too.

I'm midway through Season 3 of Billons now too, it's one of the only US shows in recent times that I've stuck with and I plan to read GOT before watching the show again after not watching beyond Season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                              Go back to the bodyguard imo, worth watching and only 6 episodes. We really enjoyed it after thinking the first episode was meh
                                                                                              I thought the opposite.. The first episode was really captivating, but halfway through it lost its way. By the time I got to the terrible last episode I just wanted it to end.

Agree about LOD S5.. It's gone too far fetched the last episode or two.

Comment

I know I’ve been giving out about GOT but (spoilers for s8 Ep3 below
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                Given the type of show it is now the writers have to be commended for their restraint in not giving Arya an “ice to see you “ or “you look shattered “ line when she killed the NK. Must have been tough for them.Would have perfectly fit with the tone of her flying in from wherever

Comment

...

Comment

I hate humans Retail work made that happen...
                                                                                                    So I'm currently pissed and going to sleep soon to catch a flight to futerventra at 7.40 am..

I deserve a hol. Just saying. 10 days bring it fucking on!

Oh and hit 50% of monthly target in 4 days as I planned so I won't come back to a big fat zero...
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                      I thought the opposite.. The first episode was really captivating, but halfway through it lost its way. By the time I got to the terrible last episode I just wanted it to end.
                                                                                                      This was precisely how I experienced Bodyguard too.

I couldn't get into Happy Valley when I tried a few weeks ago. I found the first season unpleasant in its theme and couldn't finish it.

Comment

Sons soccer team lost on penalties after a titanic 4-4 draw in the cup.

I feel he may have learned some harsh life lessons having made a string of great saves to keep them in the game only to hit the post with the decisive penalty.

Dem's de breaks kid.
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Has anyone here ever "done" Ayahuasca, apologies if there has been the conversation before but couldn't find any mention.

I have been dealing with a woman from a group located in a castle in Waterford and am genuinely close to pulling the trigger on a retreat there, licking frogs in the morning and whatever the fuck this ayahuasca is in the evening. I never do drugs of any kind, and have only had horrific experiences when I have and am pretty sure my brain might actually break if I try it but my mind currently, well for a long time has been utter clogged and I think has essentially being rotting for over three years. I haven't tried anything and am all out of ideas, well I did go to a few truly terrible therapists, one of whom arrived wearing leather shoes with a pair of tracksuit bottoms. I am shallow at the best of times so that was certainly too much for me. The other lad asked me to pay for next week in advance so he was gg too. I am sure I wont fit in and will secretly think they are a pack of crusty bums but maybe thats the kind of judgmental bullshit it might cure.

Like, is there a retreat, for want of a better word, where you can go and find all that emotional healing and revelation without ingesting something that could potentially fuck me up for the rest of my life. Ihave asked a few people but all the sort who are balls deep in thinking drugs are great in the first place. Think Im looking to be talked out of it in reality.

Comment

Isn't that the Inca drug where you vomit profusely and have incredibly realistic flying hallucinations?

Comment

It is! I read this book about it, which was good fun.

My cousins can lend it to you if so inclined.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                  Has anyone here ever "done" Ayahuasca, apologies if there has been the conversation before but couldn't find any mention.
                                                                                                                  Ayahuasca or DMT? One is the long trip substance where it last hours and the other only lasts a short time.

Never have tried either. Funny enough a mate mentioned recently about going on a retreat to do it and asked if I would be up for it although it was somewhere in Holland.

Rogan talks about it a huge amount on his podcast. Always in glowing terms. It is amazing the amount of guests he has on who you wouldn't expect to but have tried it. I am always fastinated by the simialr things that people reported after taking it. They did a study here in which it is proported to be as close to a near death experience as one can have. The dissolving of the ego is something pretty much everyone mentions after the experiece.

Sorry didn't really add a whole lot but would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has given it a try.

Doc here you may not have seen

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

It's the potential for Ayahuasca to go wrong (like with any hallucinogen) that would have me suggesting to try something else. A bad trip is something that stays with you for a long time. How is it legal in Ireland btw?
                                                                                                                    It is not legal. They do these hush, hush retreats around Ireland. DMT I believe is one of the most powerful psychedelic compunds. When the head shops where around, they sold it over the counter. Must have been some seriously melted heads around that time from people who didn't really know what they where letting themselves in for.

Opr

Comment

Sounds like you need some Ketamine tbh.

A strong painkiller causes a surprising reaction when a patient has to have his fractured ankle manipulated back into place.Click here to subscribe to your B...

Comment

There is a lot of credible research that shows the therapeutic qualities of psychedelics. There's a good overview here (podcast):

“Psychedelics, used responsibly and with proper caution, would be for psychiatry what the microscope is for biology and medicine or the telescope is for astronomy.” – Stanislav Grof This might be the most important podcast episode I’ve put out in the last two years. Please trust me and give it a full listen. It will surprise … Continue reading "Michael Pollan — Exploring The New Science of Psychedelics (#313)"

The set and setting of how you take them are going to be more important than which exact drug you take. You want to be somewhere you feel safe and relaxed, with someone who is sober and has your best interests at heart. Doing it with a group of strangers that you aren't comfortable around doesn't sound like an ideal venue.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                          ... I haven't tried anything and am all out of ideas, well I did go to a few truly terrible therapists, one of whom arrived wearing leather shoes with a pair of tracksuit bottoms.
                                                                                                                          Moving straight to Ayahuasca from doing nothing but dodgy therapists is a fair oul jump. My reading of it is that it works as a chemical form of ECT but whether that is a good or bad thing is not clear but might well be a reasonable option in a situation where nothing else works.

I might know someone who has done that course with those people, I'll find out tomorrow and get you in touch with them if they did it.

Edit: it's a different place than you mention. PM sent
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-04-19, 10:32.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X