Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Pretty clear Disney have Kompromat on a lot of big name Film critics , rave reviews of the new Avengers movie prove it(eg that guy in the Guardian, he also shilled that snoozefest last Star Wars movie for them).
    Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    Is it not good? I didn't realise it was out.
    It probably won’t surprise you to learn that I don’t have a positive view of Superhero flicks. Loathed the first Avengers flick and have swerved all Marvel movies since. Anything Deadpool related makes me want to gouge my eyes out don’t understand how something that seems specifically aimed at 16 year old edgelords is that popular

Actually that’s a bit unfair , didn’t mind a few of the Batman movies (think Dark knight has aged badly though)
    Last edited by Guest; 26-04-19, 18:50.

Comment

One for the all knowing BBV and finance heads.

I'm in the process of finalising purchase of a house at the moment and contracts are being signed. However we noticed the bank made a mistake in their paperwork by putting us on a 30 year term instead of 35. There's a significant difference in the monthly repayments as a result. I know it saves thousands by paying off early but we may prefer the flexibility of the extra cash over the first few years. The plan was always to start overpaying after this period.

Is there much hassle/delay in changing the term at this stage or should we just go ahead with the purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
        One for the all knowing BBV and finance heads.

I'm in the process of finalising purchase of a house at the moment and contracts are being signed. However we noticed the bank made a mistake in their paperwork by putting us on a 30 year term instead of 35. There's a significant difference in the monthly repayments as a result. I know it saves thousands by paying off early but we may prefer the flexibility of the extra cash over the first few years. The plan was always to start overpaying after this period.

Is there much hassle/delay in changing the term at this stage or should we just go ahead with the purchase?
        A quick email to whoever you are dealing with is the handiest solution.

First time around the bank offered me a load of options and could effectively pick my own term very late in the game. Second time around it was all set up front.
        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          can't lose!!1!!!

expert technical analysis imo. 230 now, getting into the territory where Musk may be facing margin calls, could come tumbling down fast.

Comment

Why does IPB always show up as “Not Secure” on chrome? Anything to be concerned about?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              Why does IPB always show up as “Not Secure” on chrome? Anything to be concerned about?
              Secure for me. Use https instead of http

Comment

Anyone who puts wallpaper on their walls is a sick fucking individual.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Anyone who puts wallpaper on their walls is a sick fucking individual.
                  Try doing it and you'll realise just how sick it is.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Pissed that Monty Don is fucking off, and leaving Gardniers' World to his minions for a few weeks.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Wow, Sheffiled Wednesday's goal of the season comp is pretty special!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Can http not be turned off altogether? Typing 'www.irishpokerboards.com' defaults to http.
                          My tech support guy told me how to make it default to that but it doesn't work for some reason. It's hard to get the staff

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

....2nd goal is the winner imo, followed by the 2nd last...Adam Reache has some peg...

Comment

Wow ...... Do they score any tap ins ? 3rd one gets my vote although tbf any of 3/4 different ones could win and be worthy. Quality selection.

Comment

It probably won’t surprise you to learn that I don’t have a positive view of Superhero flicks. Loathed the first Avengers flick and have swerved all Marvel movies since. Anything Deadpool related makes me want to gouge my eyes out don’t understand how something that seems specifically aimed at 16 year old edgelords is that popular

Actually that’s a bit unfair , didn’t mind a few of the Batman movies (think Dark knight has aged badly though)
                                I enjoyed Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy, acceptable popcorn Summer cinema movies, unfortunately the majority of the world seem to love them, if you're a movie reviewer that hates them it's probably time for a new job or to avoid reviewing them, probably not too much of Marvels advertising budget spent on movie critics.

Comment

I've definitely lost interest in the superhero franchises over the years, it's simply too much as this stage but based on box office returns it's hard to imagine their end is any way in sight.
                                  I suspect Deadpools popularity was largely due to its novelty in the genre rather than how great it was as an independent superhero film.

I was pretty excited by the Star Wars trilogy but that has waned too, it's been quite a let down and although it hasn't been quite The Phantom Menace bad it's been a let down thus far.

Largely agree on Batman too, I have always maintained Batman Begins was the best movie of the three though I know most would disagree.

Comment

Most of them are just nonsense but I did love that latest spiderman, into the spiderverse. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      I've been given pretty excruciating exercises i need to do every day to build strength back in the calf, and currently buying a bike to cycle to work every day, plus gym and pool regularly also. Exercising is the easy part for me, it's the not eating and drinking i struggle with!
                                      Really curious as to what weight you've gotten up to. I've been struggling with my weight for the last year, and despite major dietary changes went up to 105kg by the end of last year. Think I've just about turned things around in the last month by going to the gym every other day, and doing a mild version of intermittent fasting. Still a long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        Secure for me. Use https instead of http
                                        Can http not be turned off altogether? Typing 'www.irishpokerboards.com' defaults to http.

Comment

You know when you're in the cinema watching some somewhat thoughtful drama and the sound from the adjoining screen is wonderful explosions and action and you feel jealous? That's why I go to superhero films. Usually in Imax with popcorn. I wouldn't watch one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                            Really curious as to what weight you've gotten up to. I've been struggling with my weight for the last year, and despite major dietary changes went up to 105kg by the end of last year. Think I've just about turned things around in the last month by going to the gym every other day, and doing a mild version of intermittent fasting. Still a long way to go.
                                            Got up to 107 from 98,but it's also from 3 times a week in the gym to none, so no doubt muscle loss and fat gain. Ideally would love to get back down to 90-95, but that seems like a massive pipe dream at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                              Try doing it and you'll realise just how sick it is.
                                              It's the removal that's the killer. Phew, done now. A nice 12 hour painting day tomorrow and that's the bulk of the work. For now.

Comment

Comment

Puy du Fou really is as mad-hatters as its name suggests. Class day. My dad left a bit bewildered but highly satisfied.
                                                  Looked at the site and I can't figure out what the place is supposed to be.
                                                  A theme park with a lot of theme and no bumpers or roller-coasters or a kind of open air theatre with battle reenactments and restaurants
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

You know when you're in the cinema watching some somewhat thoughtful drama and the sound from the adjoining screen is wonderful explosions and action and you feel jealous? That's why I go to superhero films. Usually in Imax with popcorn. I wouldn't watch one on TV.

Went to see Endgame on Thursday .....full cinema. I was tilted to bits. People fkin munching, chewing, opening packs. But...... On 5 different occasions, half the cinema fkin applauding, including standing ovations. Other times they were crying. I was never so tilted in my life. I'll never ever ever go to abnew release showing again. /Scarred

Comment

I'd be crying too if I had to sit through a three hour superhero movie tbf.

Comment

Went to see Endgame on Thursday .....full cinema. I was tilted to bits. People fkin munching, chewing, opening packs. But...... On 5 different occasions, half the cinema fkin applauding, including standing ovations. Other times they were crying. I was never so tilted in my life. I'll never ever ever go to abnew release showing again. /Scarred
                                                              Went to see it last night.
                                                              It's a great movie but 100% the above.
                                                              I'd consider myself a fan boy but I had nothing on the neckbeards and millenials sobbing cheering, commenting and clapping along to the movie as if anyone else fucking cared what they thought.
                                                              Give me a Monday 3pm showing anyday
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Watching the barcelona trophy presentation and victory laps of stadium, noticed something when started wondering where shaqira was. all the footballers have their kids on the field, literally everyone single one, yet seems like the wives are locked up in cages only to be released when the cameras are off. sparked some callback and it's the norm from my patchy memory, never see wives on field, only ever children

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                  Watching the barcelona trophy presentation and victory laps of stadium, noticed something when started wondering where shaqira was. all the footballers have their kids on the field, literally everyone single one, yet seems like the wives are locked up in cages only to be released when the cameras are off. sparked some callback and it's the norm from my patchy memory, never see wives on field, only ever children
                                                                  All about the footwear situation I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    All about the footwear situation I'd say.
                                                                    nope, they're hanging out now in their runners.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                      nope, they're hanging out now in their runners.
                                                                      probably worried about the sprinklers I bet. funny feckers those Barcaboys

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

This thread
                                                                              I was reading an article this morning about house prices in Dublin where a namesake of yours was being quoted.
                                                                              Initially I thought you were moonlighting as a property expert.

Reading this makes me think I was getting a pretty decent deal in Ranelagh last year and knowing a mate has recently started renting a 1 bed apartment in Ranleagh for almost 2k per month.

SPOILER

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Was looking up rental prices in Dublin as may be moving back. My god it's shocking. Would probably need to be around Foxrock for a kids school there and was about 3.5k monthly rent. I know that's a nice area, but still that rent is crazy.
                                                                                    You putting them in the French school?

Comment

This thread

Someone needs to start a thread explaining "I would have to" to him

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah that would be the plan anyway.
                                                                                          Nice. Its a great school. Have a look around deans Grange, cabinteely and at the back dun laghoire. Usually better value, and just round the corner.

Times have definitely changed. We were in a 5 bedroom house on foxrock avenue for less than 2k not that long ago

Comment

Heartbreaking

Profit before people.

Comment

Just proves, only psychopath sit in the front.

Comment

Anyone here watch the Zizek Peterson debate?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Anyone here watch the Zizek Peterson debate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78BFFq_8XvM
                                                                                                  I didn't commit to the 2.30 but heading to the gym now so I'll listen to some of it.

I read the cliffs/criticism of Peterson here though: https://quillette.com/2019/04/24/mar...etter-critics/

Comment

They spent ~2 hours and 20 mins strawmanning each other and then suddenly realised neither is the person the other thinks they are. There then follows ~17 mins of genuine discussion. I expect this was only the first round.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The madness is back for sure now . My wife asked to to find a price of a cushion she was looking at in Dunne’s . It was €50, for a cushion ( in Dunne’s ). . The plot has been lost
                                                                                                      sigpic
                                                                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

WTF is going on at Arsenal. Lose 3-0 Leicester, following 3-2 and 3-1 defeats to Palace and Wolves within a week. This is as poor as Arsenal have been for a long time. Amazing how they can lift themselves for some games, and then play like they don't give a fk for others.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                          They spent ~2 hours and 20 mins strawmanning each other and then suddenly realised neither is the person the other thinks they are. There then follows ~17 mins of genuine discussion. I expect this was only the first round.
                                                                                                          Admittedly I haven't listened to it all yet but seems hard to see how Peterson comes out on the right side of a debate on Marxism having only recently re-read The Communist Manifesto recently after 20 years and not having read the writings of Zizek.

Also if right leaning publications like Quilette are publishing articles like that it's probably fair to say he came out on the wrong side of it.

Fairly impressive scalpers getting $1500 for tickets though.

Comment

WTF is going on at Arsenal. Lose 3-0 Leicester, following 3-2 and 3-1 defeats to Palace and Wolves within a week. This is as poor as Arsenal have been for a long time. Amazing how they can lift themselves for some games, and then play like they don't give a fk for others.
                                                                                                            Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, United. All shocking in recent weeks. Normally you'd be expecting one team to take full advantage later but it could be a 0-0 snoozefest the way they're playing.

Comment

Went to the black country living museum just outside Birmingham yesterday. Really good day out if anyone is passing through. Highlight was heading down into a coal mine, parts of peaky filmed there too.

Comment

First time in PL history that they've conceded 3+ goals in three consecutive games. Fairly embarrassing run of form given the Top 4 circumstances.

Comment

Scenes in the Leeds/Villa game...

Comment

Fair play to Leeds. Soccer players are faking injury >90% of the time anyway.

Comment

...

Comment

Saw Neymar take a tumble yesterday in Rennes-PSG and the way he acted after he went down I don't think the worst ham actor playing Julius Caesar would have died with the same theatrics.
                                                                                                                        I think the nearest opposition player should be granted a free dig whenever these nancy boys are rolling around like that.

And the ref gets one too.

Comment

United Chelsea will be some mad 3-3 draw now and arsenal will somehow still be in the race.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X