Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking the other day about how do they balance the demand for chicken wings vs other parts of the chicken. The demand for thighs/breasts/wings is hardly in equilibrium.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      The bar is constantly lowering. Same way a degree used to be something, now everyone has one. A good PhD student is as you say, a bad one is more hassle than they're worth.
      My missus is running a research project in UCD and is managing a couple of PHD students (for her boss). One of them is excellent and flies through the work and the other is all over the shop and very slow. She said it is likely that both will end up with the same qualification. If they were in a 'job' one of them would be fired by now but seems that would rarely happen in a PHD situation, seems a bit bonkers

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        I was thinking the other day about how do they balance the demand for chicken wings vs other parts of the chicken. The demand for thighs/breasts/wings is hardly in equilibrium.
        Probably why you can get a kilo and a half of thighs in the grocers for like three quid.

Comment

Probably ends up in higher quality pet food too, and myriad products with a chicken component.
          Wonder what they do with all the male baby chicks they grind up, they wouldn't be food for people. Probably pet food too or dumped.

Comment

Demand for chicken breasts would be in equilibrium with wings I'd say. Lots of people will pay a serious premium for deboned breasts rather than the hassle of having to deal with the full chicken.

Thighs and legs are an issue alright, but apparently they are popular in the export market.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
              My missus is running a research project in UCD and is managing a couple of PHD students (for her boss). One of them is excellent and flies through the work and the other is all over the shop and very slow. She said it is likely that both will end up with the same qualification. If they were in a 'job' one of them would be fired by now but seems that would rarely happen in a PHD situation, seems a bit bonkers
              Some of the people I've seen coming out with PhDs in the last few years would sicken you. If there's a competent postdoc in the group, the students end up using their work for the thesis and can emerge with a PhD despite being completely useless.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Demand for chicken breasts would be in equilibrium with wings I'd say. Lots of people will pay a serious premium for deboned breasts rather than the hassle of having to deal with the full chicken.

Thighs and legs are an issue alright, but apparently they are popular in the export market.
                I can't see the benefit of a wing over a thigh. This is what's wrong with this world . Yiz haven't a clue .

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  Wonder what they do with all the male baby chicks they grind up, they wouldn't be food for people. Probably pet food too or dumped.
                  I doubt anything is dumped. Probably used as fertiliser for some of your favourite veggies.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Said it only the other day. Chicken thighs are the best part.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Well worth waiting a few minutes in a butcher for them to debone them for you. Very tasty meat.
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Don't eat much chicken but there is so much value in roasting a whole chicken and getting all the flavour as well as making stock from the carcass compared to spending much the same price on two breasts of tasteless protein.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          +1

Comment

Ho Hum
                            You can see the gears grinding in Arlene and MaryLou's head
                            At least Arlene has enough awareness to understand she shouldn't be clapping her own abject failure

Comment

Market prices suggest that breasts are most in demand by far. Thighs a bit back, and wings miles miles behind.

I definitely eat more "pairs" of wings overall. But the masses are shovelling down frozen chicken slabs made from 100% chicken breast. An odd label imo, purely driven by the fact breast is in demand

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Ho Hum
                                You can see the gears grinding in Arlene and MaryLou's head
                                At least Arlene has enough awareness to understand she shouldn't be clapping her own abject failure
                                She said no to clapping as well as no to everything else in life

Comment

James Holzhaueron on Jeopardy passes $1m in record 14th Consecutive Win

He bets sports as his main source of income and did a well on 2+2 in the past.

James's win streak has hit the double-digit mark! Find Your Station: http://bit.ly/2BIOtxcWant to be on the show? It all starts with Jeopardy! Anytime Test!T...

Jeopardy! contestant and professional sports bettor James Holzhauer joins SVP to break down his success on the show, sports gambling and life after Jeopardy!...

Opr

Comment

Take all my money, maradona movie by Senna Director, been waiting for this

Comment

Pretty clear Disney have Kompromat on a lot of big name Film critics , rave reviews of the new Avengers movie prove it(eg that guy in the Guardian, he also shilled that snoozefest last Star Wars movie for them).

Comment

Souness and Keane in the Sky studio. Pity they are in agreement so far. Thighs over wings sez Roy..too right sez Souey.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                          Pretty clear Disney have Kompromat on a lot of big name Film critics , rave reviews of the new Avengers movie prove it(eg that guy in the Guardian, he also shilled that snoozefest last Star Wars movie for them).
                                          Is it not good? I didn't realise it was out.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            Saw it today. 3 hours flew by, so many characters and situations. Couple of "wow" moments which got gasps.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                Anyone know where i can get reasonably priced tickets to Leeds v Villa next Sunday ?

22/04 @ 18.58 someone selling their tickets. Would expect you'll get them as anyone travelling a distance might cancel those plans in lieu of a possible Wembley trip in May now. @LUFCSpares92 on twitter is the handle to follow near or on match day if still not got them.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                  https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057750264/58

22/04 @ 18.58 someone selling their tickets. Would expect you'll get them as anyone travelling a distance might cancel those plans in lieu of a possible Wembley trip in May now. @LUFCSpares92 on twitter is the handle to follow near or on match day if still not got them.

thanks, will be looking to the playoffs also

Comment

Headed around to the local to watch the match. Depressing, if not predictable result.

Was the usual cohort, the lads that drink there 7 nights a week plus a few heads in just to watch the match plus a few randomers.

But one couple stood out. They were clearly on their 2nd or 3rd date. There was no 1st date awkwardness about them but there wasn't the familiarity of a 4th date or beyond, definitely 2nd or 3rd.

At first glance, he was punching well above his weight. She was stunning. She looked slightly mixed race, from looking and listening to her, she appeared to be a cross between Indian and Spanish whereas he was as Irish as Irish could be.

But on closer inspection, he scrubbed up well. He had a fine head of hair on him, ginger, but a fine head no less. The type of hair you can easily style however you want and he styled it well. He also had an impressive beard, again a ginger beard, but it was well groomed by a man who knew what he was doing. He was also dressed well, especially for a Wednesday night and they both looked a little bit nerdy. I don't say that as an insult, more of a good match, even a perfect fit.

But the thing that struck me most was the alcohol intake. She clearly wasn't a big drinker and yet he matched her sip for sip. Now, I know I'm making a huge assumption and being very stereotypical but I just can't believe any Irish lad ever drinks this slow, especially on a 2nd or 3rd date when the nerves have to be pulling the stomach out of you.

They had just over one and a quarter pints each in the time I had sank four. Sure they were chatting away, sure there was a toilet break each (which confirmed my suspicions of nerves as nobody needs a toilet break after a 0.5 - 1.0 pint intake) but for him to maintain that pace of drinking was remarkable.

I left downbeat by the result but buoyed by the sheer resiliance of Irish lads to be able to overcome the hardest of challenges, that man deserves a life time of happiness so he does.

Comment

LaoLao, I must say, I fully endorse this reviewing strangers in public thing. Keep them here for now, once it takes off it might need its own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                        LaoLao, I must say, I fully endorse this reviewing strangers in public thing. Keep them here for now, once it takes off it might need its own thread.
                                                        I agree . Lao Lao to be the IPB Attenborough.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                          Saw it today. 3 hours flew by, so many characters and situations. Couple of "wow" moments which got gasps.
                                                          Agreed it definitely didn't feel like 3 hours at all. There were so many characters and call backs to the other films. It was quite funny too and the big moments got a big reaction from the audience.

Yes it is excellent tbf. The more of the MCU films you've watched and enjoyed the more satisfying Endgame is.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                          There are definitely some plot holes, a couple of significant deus ex machina moments but you're watching a movie featuring a talking Raccoon at the end of the day. I can see why it got rave reviews and the audience reaction says it all. I can't remember so many people crying at a film in some time, maybe the theory of everything. For me its a very satisfying way to wrap up the series.

Comment

NFL Draft - some names to look out for. I don't know if they are any good but they are definitely names to look out for. If they were golfers RD3 would back them.

Montez Sweat
                                                            Greedy Williams
                                                            Jachai Polite
                                                            Yodny Cajuste
                                                            Deebo Samuel
                                                            Rock Ya-Sin
                                                            Devin Singletary
                                                            Lil'Jordan Humphrey

Comment

I was in Limerick at the weekend for the first time, I'd sure Sam/Rounders/Lao Lao could write novels about a night out there.

Comment

Someone sent me a routers article about Tesla's earnings. I always find that funny when someone sends you something really glaring or obvious about your area of interest. It's like me texting the result of a hotspur game to hotspur. Or how we probably all ended up with multiple chip sets as presents because "he likes poker".

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                  Do you use Medium much? I might have asked you this already. I have been subscribing to it for a couple of months and come across some good stuff on it but if anyone has any good people to recommend following or anything like that I would be obliged to hear about them.
                                                                  Do you get anything for the premium or is it sort of like just giving a donation?

Comment

I was in Limerick at the weekend for the first time, I'd sure Sam/Rounders/Lao Lao could write novels about a night out there.
                                                                    Never actually stayed a night in Limerick. Or Donegal.

Thoughts on Limerick?

Comment

Fun, if hard, little quiz.

I got 6/13. Guessing strewel will romp this.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        NFL Draft - some names to look out for. I don't know if they are any good but they are definitely names to look out for. If they were golfers RD3 would back them.

Montez Sweat
                                                                        Greedy Williams
                                                                        Jachai Polite
                                                                        Yodny Cajuste
                                                                        Deebo Samuel
                                                                        Rock Ya-Sin
                                                                        Devin Singletary
                                                                        Lil'Jordan Humphrey
                                                                        I'd be all over Greedy and Rock Ya. What names1

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                          Agreed it definitely didn't feel like 3 hours at all. There were so many characters and call backs to the other films. It was quite funny too and the big moments got a big reaction from the audience.

Yes it is excellent tbf. The more of the MCU films you've watched and enjoyed the more satisfying Endgame is.

There are definitely some plot holes, a couple of significant deus ex machina moments but you're watching a movie featuring a talking Raccoon at the end of the day. I can see why it got rave reviews and the audience reaction says it all. I can't remember so many people crying at a film in some time, maybe the theory of everything. For me its a very satisfying way to wrap up the series.
                                                                          If some movie geek could mark these movies chronologically so I can watch the story from the start over the next while, it would be most appreciated.

I don't want to be caught out like I was with Friends . One week they were 20 something next week pushing 40. Didn't know where I was. Then Chandler snogged Monika out of the blue and no one batted an eyelid.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                            If some movie geek could mark these movies chronologically so I can watch the story from the start over the next while, it would be most appreciated.

I don't want to be caught out like I was with Friends . One week they were 20 something next week pushing 40. Didn't know where I was. Then Chandler snogged Monika out of the blue and no one batted an eyelid.
                                                                            I'm struggling through this list, think it's just missing Captain Marvel and the latest one now - https://geeks.media/the-perfect-orde...rse-mcu-movies

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

1/13

Comment

5/13 knew the last one was either budapest or vienna obv went budapest missus got 6/13 and promptly asked me wtf is this shit

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                  Never actually stayed a night in Limerick. Or Donegal.

Thoughts on Limerick?
                                                                                  I can't find it now but I remember seeing a tweet from Blindboy saying "Stab City" is an unfair moniker, that Limerick is as safe and a good a place to visit as Galway or Killarney.

We got the train down and it opens onto a square, and it was like a concentrated Amien street. Roving hoards of people in PJs and tracksuits. The street starts off with a dole office, a Ladbrokes, a Chinese takeaway, a boozer rounded off with an off-licence. Everything you'd want in a 100m. We went over to the off-licence, called something "Fine Wines", where everything was behind glass, and no wine cost over a tenner.

Most of the lads were buying single bottles and cans. When I came out a local guy with his hands down his pants was talking to my friends and giving the rundown like we'd missed the first act of a play. He points across the square, "it's all going to kick off now, your mans got a stabber, and his one is after cheating on him with that other fella, and she has a child with that fella over the other side".

One of the fellas headed from across the square straight at us, glazed over eyes, walking with purpose with something in his hand, my girlfriend moved into the shop to avoid him, but when he got closer I realised it was just a pen. Our narrator promised nothing would happen us while we were with him, and then asked for a couple of quid.

Also I always find myself a bit discombobulated by rural towns naming all their main streets after Dublin streets.

I won't labour it, and I really can't do the night justice but just every interaction and observation was bizarre. We went to Pharmacia, the wooden floor had a thick black carpet of dirt on it, every wall looked looked like they had picked a different person to design it. Lads were wearing those black/grey/white pinstripe Ben Sherman shirts that I thought had disappeared, obv all boot cut jeans and black shoes. A doorman was telling us how he didn't know what GoT was with an air of being proud of not being into that fancy stuff.

I tried ordering pizza to where we were staying which was outside town, but would have been a bit of a landmark, I put in the full address and google maps link in on the order, and we were 4mins drive away so should have been known. The guy rang me three times asking where it was, and really specific questions like "is it after Josies shop" even after I told him I was just visiting, not really pleasant but part of me was thinking no wonder you're delivering pizzas in rural Limerick tbh.

When we were trying to get taxis back from town at 3am a couple of lads latched on to the group trying to follow the girls, weirdly they were from Bosnia. I could imagine ending up in Dublin but how do you end up in Limerick? I was almost tempted to bring them along to get the story out of them. The guy kinda just shrug and gave the gesture of money as if he was the local kingpin when he couldn't even find himself a house party to go to.

It was just so rural Ireland, like lads hadn't moved on from their teenage disco days, and everyone just looked a bit odd tbh. Real feeling that anyone who could had left. Seemed to be a mix of really old and underage people from a small gene pool.

We paid into some DJ gig which was upstairs, where they had two beers on tap (found it so bizarre to pay in, and find myself in an even grubbier spot with a smaller selection of booze). They staff apologised, looked embarred and asked was it ok if your order happend to came to more than a tenner. They had a big bouncer who roved around the place and for an extended duration stood in the entrance to the toilets with his arm across and everyone had to duck under him, with no explanation or insinuation that it was anything but normal.

There was a guy out on his own that seemed to pay a bit too much attention to us, once or twice someone in our group might ask where other people were and he'd answer from across the room. He came out to the smoking area and started telling my gf how he was a curious man and he was open to things, open to trying new things, and asking where we were staying. And then went on a religious bent, talking about how medium told him there was two types of people, and 90% are x, but he's one of the special 10%.

I was kinda relived when I got back to Dublin tbh.
                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-04-19, 10:46.

Comment

There was a bit too where a group of young lads came in all elbows and shoulders, who filmed each other dancing and then left, as if their night was over once they got their bit for Snapchat.

Comment

Can confirm laolao's drinking fast thing, I had mine gone by the time she had a sip taken on a date recently. It's a great sign of somebodies writing when I'd love to hear them describe hair more. In my barbers recently the young lad cutting my hair started talking to himself about how I have great hair, a pleasure to work with, just all mumbling to himself. I'm trying not to laugh.

I'd love to hear a laolao description of the the lad I was chatting to in the doctors waiting area yesterday, in there half an hour with him and his Russian friend with a hat, as he called him.
                                                                                      He had multiple broken bones with accompanying great stories, was trying to sell me litre bottles of Jameson, drugs and medical cards - he had a load of medical cards. He came prepared to that waiting area, that's for sure. It's not even teh fact that he is selling the stuff, the way he was talking to me I god damn wanted some Jameson before I ever saw the bottle.

He was on the phone to his wife taking the piss about getting some syphilis and chlamydia medication down at the doctors, telling her to get the boat if she wants a divorce. And so much more. I have never seen anything funnier on TV than these salt of the earth Dubs I meet at my doctors. I looked at the sign in sheet, i was the only one without a medical card that day. Was in stitches with this lad.
                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 25-04-19, 11:04.

Comment

Nice quiz
                                                                                        10/13

Inspired guesses on 13 , 11 and 8 dodging the obvious looking answers

Missed 10 , should have figured out 12 but 7 was WTF

Comment

obv all boot cut jeans and black shoes..
                                                                                          I've no idea what a boot cut jeans is

The most amazing thing I saw in ages was at the Leinster Toulouse game the other day and that was Matt Williams shoes or boots or whatever they were
                                                                                          We were down in the corner beside the on pitch TV setup and Matt is bouncing around in these amazing winklepicker boots with a sort of leather ruff around the boot part, V would have been blown away by them! The trousers of his suit wouldn't go down over them which added to the impression of these boots are made for talking and you will damn well look at them whether you like it or not. I'm not sure what the statement was meant to be, could be a pointer to some sort of sexual proclivity but more likely that its 'I spend £800 on a pair of shoes' type of thing.

Other takeaways from being down in the corner for the game, for the first time since schoolboy days, are that it was a great place to watch a match even if we were the only corner that didn't have a try scored and that Shane Horgan is by far the most popular person for selfies and shouts of 'Good man Shaggy' outstripping even BOD and that lad off the TV.

Comment

I for one welcome this turn in reviewing random experiences. I suggest we all have a go over the next few days.

Comment

I've no idea what a boot cut jeans is ...The trousers of his suit wouldn't go down over them
                                                                                              Ah here.

Comment

Nice quiz
                                                                                                10/13

Inspired guesses on 13 , 11 and 8 dodging the obvious looking answers

Missed 10 , should have figured out 12 but 7 was WTF
                                                                                                7 was clearly fantasy but if
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                you zoom in on the script, then you get it.

Comment

I for one welcome this turn in reviewing random experiences. I suggest we all have a go over the next few days.
                                                                                                  I passed a developer from my team in the corridor.

'Hi <insert name here>!' I breezily announced. He looked at the floor in a petrified fashion, then at the ceiling as he hurried past me desperate to avoid human interaction. Then, caught between his aversion to social intercourse and a realisation of the corporate power dynamic at play he clearly realised he had to make some kind of acknowledgement of my salutation.

It came out as 'nnnnnngrufffff'. In a wierd high-pitched tone. Then he bumped into the wall and hurried off on his way back to the safety of his black screen.

Comment

I saw a ball in the park. My dog Spot saw the ball. Run Spot Run. Spot had fun with the ball. The ball was red. Nora came over to play. Look at Spot playing with the ball I said. That is my ball said Nora but you and Spot can play with it. Can I play too ? Eh no Nora Fuck off.

The End.

Comment

People watching is by far my favourite pastime.

I was convinced I got about 10 on that quiz correct - I actually got 4.

Comment

Someone pointed out an old buddy of mine from IPB to me at the IO last week. Kinda comes across as a mixture of Carrie & that yoke that crawls out of the TV in that film The Ring.

Anyhoo, I shuddered and moved on, ya know, just in case I couldn't keep my hands to myself again

Comment

I can't find it now but I remember seeing a tweet from Blindboy saying "Stab City" is an unfair moniker, that Limerick is as safe and a good a place to visit as Galway or Killarney.

We got the train down and it opens onto a square, and it was like a concentrated Amien street. Roving hoards of people in PJs and tracksuits. The street starts off with a dole office, a Ladbrokes, a Chinese takeaway, a boozer rounded off with an off-licence. Everything you'd want in a 100m. We went over to the off-licence, called something "Fine Wines", where everything was behind glass, and no wine cost over a tenner.

Most of the lads were buying single bottles and cans. When I came out a local guy with his hands down his pants was talking to my friends and giving the rundown like we'd missed the first act of a play. He points across the square, "it's all going to kick off now, your mans got a stabber, and his one is after cheating on him with that other fella, and she has a child with that fella over the other side".

One of the fellas headed from across the square straight at us, glazed over eyes, walking with purpose with something in his hand, my girlfriend moved into the shop to avoid him, but when he got closer I realised it was just a pen. Our narrator promised nothing would happen us while we were with him, and then asked for a couple of quid.

Also I always find myself a bit discombobulated by rural towns naming all their main streets after Dublin streets.

I won't labour it, and I really can't do the night justice but just every interaction and observation was bizarre. We went to Pharmacia, the wooden floor had a thick black carpet of dirt on it, every wall looked looked like they had picked a different person to design it. Lads were wearing those black/grey/white pinstripe Ben Sherman shirts that I thought had disappeared, obv all boot cut jeans and black shoes. A doorman was telling us how he didn't know what GoT was with an air of being proud of not being into that fancy stuff.

I tried ordering pizza to where we were staying which was outside town, but would have been a bit of a landmark, I put in the full address and google maps link in on the order, and we were 4mins drive away so should have been known. The guy rang me three times asking where it was, and really specific questions like "is it after Josies shop" even after I told him I was just visiting, not really pleasant but part of me was thinking no wonder you're delivering pizzas in rural Limerick tbh.

When we were trying to get taxis back from town at 3am a couple of lads latched on to the group trying to follow the girls, weirdly they were from Bosnia. I could imagine ending up in Dublin but how do you end up in Limerick? I was almost tempted to bring them along to get the story out of them. The guy kinda just shrug and gave the gesture of money as if he was the local kingpin when he couldn't even find himself a house party to go to.

It was just so rural Ireland, like lads hadn't moved on from their teenage disco days, and everyone just looked a bit odd tbh. Real feeling that anyone who could had left. Seemed to be a mix of really old and underage people from a small gene pool.

We paid into some DJ gig which was upstairs, where they had two beers on tap (found it so bizarre to pay in, and find myself in an even grubbier spot with a smaller selection of booze). They staff apologised, looked embarred and asked was it ok if your order happend to came to more than a tenner. They had a big bouncer who roved around the place and for an extended duration stood in the entrance to the toilets with his arm across and everyone had to duck under him, with no explanation or insinuation that it was anything but normal.

There was a guy out on his own that seemed to pay a bit too much attention to us, once or twice someone in our group might ask where other people were and he'd answer from across the room. He came out to the smoking area and started telling my gf how he was a curious man and he was open to things, open to trying new things, and asking where we were staying. And then went on a religious bent, talking about how medium told him there was two types of people, and 90% are x, but he's one of the special 10%.

I was kinda relived when I got back to Dublin tbh.
                                                                                                          I feel sort of obliged to point out that this does not match my experience of Limerick (train station area is ropey alright - what is it with bus/train stations?)

Comment

WP Lao Lao & Denny, two great posts. I agree with Hotspur, more of that!

Or how we probably all ended up with multiple chip sets as presents because "he likes poker".
                                                                                                            This kind of post is why I love IPB, friends, family & work colleagues would just never understand.

Comment

I feel sort of obliged to point out that this does not match my experience of Limerick (train station area is ropey alright - what is it with bus/train stations?)
                                                                                                              Traditionally transport hubs are where you find 'services' available you wouldn't get in more settled areas.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Traditionally transport hubs are where you find 'services' available you wouldn't get in more settled areas.
                                                                                                                  Also theres a pretty rough couple of estates when you walk out of the train station and turn left so all those scummers would hang around there..

Limerick has a bad rep from years ago but I've never had any hassle when I was there and enjoyed it. Same as any other large town, avoid the "rough" spots and dont wander down a dark alley alone and you'll be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    Hmm Eric Cantona...
                                                                                                                    The egg thing, or something new?
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      Also theres a pretty rough couple of estates when you walk out of the train station and turn left so all those scummers would hang around there..

Limerick has a bad rep from years ago but I've never had any hassle when I was there and enjoyed it. Same as any other large town, avoid the "rough" spots and dont wander down a dark alley alone and you'll be grand.
                                                                                                                      Tbf in Limerick if your name is Keane you're probably grand anyway.

Comment

Thanks to Vues shitty website, would anyone like tickets to Avengers @ 11.10pm Wednesday 1st May?

1st come 1st served
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Fergal Quinn - quite the celebrity .
                                                                                                                          Ahh. RIP.. 'Yellow packs' became part of our language .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X