Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Improper usage of 'done' means I silently judge you.
    This plus Improper use of 'them'.

'Are you eating them chicken wings?'
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Vegan is the new religion. Mark my words those bastards will murdrum us in our beds some night after a feed of them chicken wings.

Abracababra will be a battleground of drunks , angry vegans and hungry feckers like me all playing tug o war with a skewer of lamb. Some gender fluid fecker will faint and die and we will all drown in prison as the rising sea levels flood the Royaallll Canal.

Get yerself a carbon monoxide alarm. Ask me uncle....

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Have never got Skype for Business working. A bit like OneDrive. It's *there* claiming it can do stuff, but who knows how.
            Microsoft seem to go out of their way to make things a big bag of tangled spaghetti.

Just logging in to my 365 account is an absolute chore every time. Getting to grips with OneDrive a little but it's still terribly clunky.

If Google can create stuff that just works how come they can't?

Comment

Downloaded IFTTT last night for a work thing.

Had a little mess around with it and set up a couple of applets. Looks really cool.

Anyone any tips on uses for it?

Comment

Improper usage of 'done' means I silently judge you.
                I assume that Bunk Moreland's 'Makes me sick motherfucker, how far we done fell' gets a pass.

Comment

Its not mocking. Its just nothing that it is weird to need to pray in the middle of a game.
                  If you believed in an omnipotent and interventionist God who responded personally to your prayers about stuff wouldn't you pray all the time, for everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                    Man. Loada bollocks. Been brutal lately - yesterday was particularly fuckthat.

My old Nissan just crapped out this morning too, driving along Deerfoot and it turns off. Cue mild panic, and wrestling it to side of road. Strange one, it starts fine then when if I don't keep the pedal down it just dies.

Going to macguiver the shit out of it later.
                    It went from one of the better winters I've had here to one of the fucking worst. I'd have shit my pants waiting for a truck to rear end me, terrible new driver here so don't think I'd have got it off the road. Sitting outside all day, hope it starts again!

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    Same cunts that dont know the difference between have and of. Seems to be common practice and widely accepted these days.
                    I was one of these thick cunts

Comment

@Lazare

GFYL

Comment

Comment

Having all their systems work together is Microsoft's big plus in my eyes. No doubt about it there are competing products in nearly every aspect that are more polished and smoother but having one login that can be managed by IT is a great selling point. Had numerous issues in the past where people had worked exclusively in their dropbox and all their work was lost to the business when they left.

Skype Is being phased out for MS Teams, which is a fantastic app must say, takes in so many areas that were silo'd before and puts them all in one place. Having onenote and planner on everyone's phones has cut down on unnecessary meetings by a huge amount.

There is definitely a lot of effort required in training end users, it makes it more difficult when someone has sunk their time and effort into learning how dropbox works for example, they cant see the benefit of re-learning how to use onedrive and Sharepoint to do the same task. When people get into the habit of using it though they can work on projects together and manage tasks a lot more smoothly.
                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Downloaded IFTTT last night for a work thing.

Had a little mess around with it and set up a couple of applets. Looks really cool.

Anyone any tips on uses for it?
                            The location based things are v handy, mine turns off/on my bluetooth and wifi when I leaving home/work. It also updates a spreadsheet with the hours i arrived and left clients which does my invoicing then automatically for me end of every month. Have it set that it blinks lights blue a few times when I am having brekkie if it's going to rain that day.
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

He's right about the vegan uprising. There is a tick that makes you allergic to red meat. I'm breeding them for you atm. Although might just stick with more brunch spots, will see.

Yeah sure. But that's the psychological weirdness that gets a pass in society. I'm sure if someone was praying to Supermacs everyone they wanted something you'd be glancing at them a bit oddly. But jesus praying is seemingly okay.
                              Society is just mass psychological weirdness brought about by enforced cultural indoctrination. Religion is just more obvious of an affront on logic but I will say that everybody lacks self awareness about their own lackings in that area for the most part and so like to cast the first stone. Things do get a pass that are more frequent, that is what society is.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-02-19, 09:12.

Comment

Was in a management meeting yesterday where it was announced that 5 fairly well known, relatively large companies had awarded us all their Brokerage business for traffic ex UK to Ireland should a no deal Brexit happen.

We do some business with each of these companies already but we didn't ask for this business, there was no Bid/RFQ, there was no pricing agreed, it was pretty much them calling us and saying "You're doing it come 30th March if it's needed"

Scary part is the volume involved. We would be one of the biggest companies in Ireland for Brokerage and taking on just these 5 customers alone would increase the number of customs entries we process by about 40%.

Should a no deal Brexit happen, it will be complete and utter chaos right across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                  If you believed in an omnipotent and interventionist God who responded personally to your prayers about stuff wouldn't you pray all the time, for everything?
                                  Especially since it seems to be working out for him

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                    Especially since it seems to be working out for him
                                    yes, no doubt God provided the supplements!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      yes, no doubt God provided the supplements!
                                      She works in mysterious ways
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                        An article on Dublin's disappearing nightlife that may interest some.

https://www.huckmag.com/perspectives...ins-nightlife/
                                        The last time I was in the Tivoli it was an absolute shithole, not sure why keeping spaces such as that should be celebrated. It really isn't about the venue in that instance, just the night/event.

Also, below is just nonsense. Was at a meeting in Failte Ireland recently and they are still pushing an agenda that there is a serious lack of hotel beds in the city to cater for requirements. Will probably ease up after about half of the permissions get built.
                                        Originally posted by from article
                                        In the past year alone, 79 hotels were given the go-ahead for either construction or large-scale refurbishment in Dublin’s city centre, green-lit by an increasingly rapacious tag-team of city council executives and members of Ireland’s planning permission board.

Comment

Doughnut and protein mania finally hitting peak with Rolling Donut introducing doughnuts with 18g of protein each. Can finally answer where I get my protein from.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                            The last time I was in the Tivoli it was an absolute shithole, not sure why keeping spaces such as that should be celebrated. It really isn't about the venue in that instance, just the night/event.
                                            Just shows the dearth of venues in Dublin.

Comment

Surely Donut Mania is on the back 9.

People walk by them now in the office and there are so many places open now i can't see how they make money.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                The location based things are v handy, mine turns off/on my bluetooth and wifi when I leaving home/work. It also updates a spreadsheet with the hours i arrived and left clients which does my invoicing then automatically for me end of every month. Have it set that it blinks lights blue a few times when I am having brekkie if it's going to rain that day.
                                                Brilliant. I could find use for a couple of those. Cheers.

Comment

Had dinner at Lazare o clock last night. Got an awful craving for a roast yesterday with all the trimmings so had chicken, home made stuffing, roast potatoes etc etc. Felt very strange having dinner at 8pm but was worth it as a once off. Couldn't see myself having dinner at that time regularly

Comment

Tricky Dicky's groom presaged the mighty Istabraq

KING RICHARD II. Rode he on Istabraq? Tell me, gentle friend,
                                                    How went he under him?
                                                    GROOM. So proudly as if he disdain'd the ground
                                                    €950 in the 2019 IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp pot already. All you have to is to find animals that gallop as if they disdained the ground...
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

A few drinks, stuck on black mirror. White Christmas episode.
                                                      Regrets

Comment

Cohen hearings live now.

Should be fun.

Comment

Cohen hearings live now.

Should be fun.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Cohen hearings live now.

Should be fun.
                                                            American politics is fucking toxic.
                                                            GOP try to get the hearing called off.
                                                            He then spends 30 mins detailing his crimes and now the GOP spend all their time calling him a criminal.
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post

Also, below is just nonsense. Was at a meeting in Failte Ireland recently and they are still pushing an agenda that there is a serious lack of hotel beds in the city to cater for requirements. Will probably ease up after about half of the permissions get built.
                                                              The Tivoli was a kip. That's not the point. It should be knocked and replaced with something similar. If not there somewhere else.
                                                              There's no more venues of that size anymore. Should we fill the place with tourists and have nowhere for people who live here to party? Both the hangar and Tivoli would be packed most weekends. Where do all those people go?
                                                              Where does the next up an coming musicians get their start? The creativity will be sucked out of the city .
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

You've got a convicted man admitting lying and guilt in front of you ...and he has to pull you up for making up your own lies to make him look bad
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Cohen is literally running rings around them

Comment

Had dinner at Lazare o clock last night. Got an awful craving for a roast yesterday with all the trimmings so had chicken, home made stuffing, roast potatoes etc etc. Felt very strange having dinner at 8pm but was worth it as a once off. Couldn't see myself having dinner at that time regularly
                                                                    Not Lazare o clock m8.

I only start cooking around then.

Comment

Not Lazare o clock m8.

How does that work? Do you work late or just busy in the evenings? I'd genuinely find it impossible to eat at that time of night

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        Cohen is literally running rings around them
                                                                        He's really one cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                          He's really one cool cat.
                                                                          He sounds straight out of good fellas

Comment

Not Lazare o clock m8.

That'll change pretty quick when you start having dinner with the little ones

Comment

Forgot the Skype dummy run Lazare. Sorry about that. GFY though.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Not Lazare o clock m8.

I prefer to eat late also, im sure its some delayed gratification thing, like keeping the best bit till last.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

An inflatable jockey was riding an inflatable horse for an inflatable trainer and an inflatable owner. It was his first time over the jumps.

After the last fence he was leading easily but he pulled up way too early allowing two other horses to pass him

After the race the jockey was so mad with what he'd done, that he stuck a pin in the horse, then he stuck a pin in the trainer and then the owner.

Because of this he was called in front of the Stewards.

When he was facing them, he stuck a pin in himself.

The Stewards said to him, "You're a disgrace. Not only did you let the horse, the trainer and the owner down, you have let yourself down too."

Sign up for the Tipping Comp or there'll be more of the same. You have been warned.

Comment

Here is one for you Raoul from my Dad joke archives.

Dawn Run and Desert Orchid were chatting one day and Dawn says "I remember in one race I was way back with a few fences to go and I got a terrible jab up me hole. I took off, as you would, and won the race easy."

Dessie replies "Funny you should say that. I remember one race where I was way back in the field and had practically given up when I got this unmerciful prod in my arse. I bolted off and won by a few lengths".

A greyhound was passing and turned to the lads. "I couldn't help overhearing what ye were saying there. One race, I was coming dead last, and had no chance of winning. I get this woeful jab up the rear and shot off like a bullet. Couldn't believe I won that race".

Dawn and Dessie turn to each other and say, almost in unison, .....

SPOILER
                                                                                    "Imagine that, a talking greyhound".
                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

How does that work? Do you work late or just busy in the evenings? I'd genuinely find it impossible to eat at that time of night
                                                                                      Really busy in the evenings. I look after the cooking in the house. When I get in its all messin about with kids, helping out with their dinner, prepping a bit of ours. Then we both get them to bed.

Am just down now from that and am about to start a prawn linguine.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        Forgot the Skype dummy run Lazare. Sorry about that. GFY though.
                                                                                        No bother bro, I just got in touch with the guys we were meeting with and asked them what they needed from me to connect. Tested it then with another work computer.

Meeting went really well. Will use it more often, or likely the one GAB recommended.

Comment

What do everyone use instead of reddit soccer streams now? 1st time I've had to stream a game that's only on in the US
                                                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                            What do everyone use instead of reddit soccer streams now? 1st time I've had to stream a game that's only on in the US
                                                                                            Still use reddit. Search for "football connection". I used it for the United liverpool game at the weekend and stream was flawless. Currently watching United Palace on a perfect HD stream and hasn't lagged once

Comment

Heres the link you're looking for. Just use it like you used to

Comment

Alex Jones is a difficult listen

Alex Jones is a radio show host, filmmaker, and writer. Eddie Bravo is a jiujitsu black belt, music producer, and author.

Comment

Heres the link you're looking for. Just use it like you used to
                                                                                                  https://www.reddit.com/r/footballconnection/
                                                                                                  Just go to buffstreamz , it's the top result on Reddit streams every time anyway
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Really busy in the evenings. I look after the cooking in the house. When I get in its all messin about with kids, helping out with their dinner, prepping a bit of ours. Then we both get them to bed.

Am just down now from that and am about to start a prawn linguine.
                                                                                                    Tuckin in now.

Comment

War Horse walked into a bar.

Why the long film ? said the barman.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                        Alex Jones is a difficult listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yh2HcIlkU
                                                                                                        The liter of Makers Mark he consumed makes him more humorous than scary.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

The M50 and the Naas road are out for a pint.

They're sitting at the bar supping pints, acting tough, taking up the whole bar with their 4 lanes each. Scaring the punters. Barman is shitting himself that they're gonna wreck the place.

A little one laner walks in and orders a pint.

M50 and Naas road go quiet, and back away from him.

One laner walks off with his pint and the barman turns to the two big boys and asks them what they were so afraid of.

Naas road whispers to him...

SPOILER
                                                                                                          'See him, he's a fucking cyclepath'

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Joey and Mick are three years in Australia on the sites and work has dried up.
                                                                                                                They haven't got a washer. Drank it all.

They left Ireland full of hope, optimism, and dreams of a better life.

No way of getting home and nowhere to live. They're too proud to call home for funds, but more to the point, know that their families haven't a washer either. Their families would beg borrow and steal to help them, they know that but they can't do that to them.

Destitute they head to the beach.

They're looking out at the Pacific ocean. They're wondering amongst themselves how far it actually is. Is it possible. Couldn't be possible. Could it?

With that, a giant 50 foot hand rose out of the water.

Wow.

It slowly moved over to the right, almost touching the water, then back. Then slowly moved over to the left, again, almost touching the water and back to the middle , before dipping back into the ocean.

Mick turned to Joey and said...

SPOILER
                                                                                                                'Fuck me that was some wave'

Comment

In relation to Lazare dinner time. I couldn't tell you a time in memory I've had a weekday dinner before 8 or 9 o clock.

Comment

In relation to Lazare dinner time. I couldn't tell you a time in memory I've had a weekday dinner before 8 or 9 o clock.
                                                                                                                    It's dem dats mad m8

Comment

The parents were late eaters also ?...no doubt that's where it stems from.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X