Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Oh dear looks like trump has been paying taxes after all,more than a lot of the companies who own the failing media groups who are on his case.

Except for one important point that is: It turns out Trump didn't avoid income taxes for nearly two decades, after all.

The New York Times back in October obtained Trump's state tax return from 1995. Based on that return and the realities of how real estate developers can avoid income taxes due to devaluation of their properties, the newspaper and others deduced that Trump could have avoided paying any income taxes for up to 18 years afterward.
    Today I hate Trump more after three months of his presidency than I did before he came to office.

It means nothing to me. He is vile.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
      Trying to brain storm here with my friend who is about to open a cafe/ wine bar in Donegal.

Trying to think of a name that sounds sophisticated but doesn't state it is just a cafe as in the evening it will be a wine bar or gin bar. Don't want the word cafe in name. There is a similarish place called Berry Lane, it sounds sophisticated. So, just to give you pointers

Lunch for 2 if the name is chosen

For every time you in Donegal in a year I may add!
      The tea rose. Don't worry i don't need lunch you can have it if it wins ...But do tell me if she chooses it :P

Comment

I regularly find myself down various bizarre Wikipedia/Google rabbit holes, truly all sorts.
        But just now I had a brief internal "WTF" when I realised I had spent a few minutes reading about octopus penises.

FYI, the Argonaut's penis can detach and swim independently.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
          Give the business a month or two.
          Winebar Donegal
          Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          I regularly find myself down various bizarre Wikipedia/Google rabbit holes, truly all sorts.
          But just now I had a brief internal "WTF" when I realised I had spent a few minutes reading about octopus penises.

So you can say to it...

"Away and fuck yourself" and it can haha

Comment

Anyone have any experience with the condition trochanteric bursitis?

I took a fall in Ballet about 5/6 weeks ago and my hip has been getting worse instead of better. Finally saw a Dr last night who diagnosed it right away.
            Reading conflicting stuff about getting sorted. Have Remov 100mg tablets and some sites say some exercise of the hip and others say just rest.

Want to get back to ballet as soon as I can but don't want to prolong the injury. I want to go walking/jogging to try and get fit and this aint helping
            Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 15-03-17, 07:49.

Comment

I took a fall in Ballet about 5/6 weeks ago and my hip has been getting worse instead of better. Finally saw a Dr last night who diagnosed it right away.
              Reading conflicting stuff about getting sorted. Have Remov 100mg tablets and some sites say some exercise of the hip and others say just rest.

Want to get back to ballet as soon as I can but don't want to prolong the injury. I want to go walking/jogging to try and get fit and this aint helping
              I am sorry. Great you got it diagnosed though. I am sure it will ok. These things usually are. I have no experience with it but I would imagine rest is best.

Comment

I won't ask Mellor.

Fascinating though!

Comment

Prof Robert E Kelly has returned to BBC News to talk about his unexpected viral fame last week, when his children crashed his live TV interview to the amusem...

Lol

Comment

Couple of lovely lenticular clouds sitting atop the Wicklow mountains in an otherwise blue sky.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post

Would anyone like a free samsung phone? It's a bit old but i thought i would ask.
                      I would take it. Have been known to drop phone when fishing and good to have a spare. Tried to send a PM but you have blocked PM's

Comment

Not blocked now sorry. pmed you @thedrunkenone.
                        Last edited by Guest; 15-03-17, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Couple of lovely lenticular clouds sitting atop the Wicklow mountains in an otherwise blue sky.
                          They can be truly stunning

Comment

Gorgeous day out there, perfect for hiding in a dank bookies
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              Gorgeous day out there, perfect for hiding in a dank bookies
                              Get out and see the sky!

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                Twaz a brutal day if BCB didn't produce in the last, he's in my top two Gingers of all time after that rabbit hat job xxx
                                Did BCB disable his twitter for the week?
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Ruby Tuesday's ....... rope in the mid week wine drinkers

Generally a name is quite import in stuff like that. I work is flooded with them. And a lot of them try to be clever and come across more cheesy. Avoid the temptation to swap an S for a Z.
                                  Where about in Donegal is it? "The Grounds of..." can have a swanky sound to it depending on what the place. Coffee association is subtle.

If sophisticated something like;

Ristretto & Co

Jenever's .... old name for gin

Juniper ... the berry from which gin is name. Creates options such as Juniper Room, Juniper Lane, or Juniper Abbey (Donegal link in that last one)

And finally, forgetting drinks altogether
                                  Raconteur or the Irish equivalent Seanchaí, which has the double entendre of chai being a type of spiced tea.
                                  It is in Letterkenny town centre Mellor

Comment

Trump lashing out at Snoop Dogg now, lol.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Don't mean this to sound smart but would you not take your doctors advise rather than trying to self diagnose?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                        Don't mean this to sound smart but would you not take your doctors advise rather than trying to self diagnose?
                                        He told me to google the condition. I am not self diagnosing. HE did and suggested reading up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          Trump lashing out at Snoop Dogg now, lol.
                                          Somebody should photoshop Kid Rock over Snoop and Obama over Trump to provide some perspective.

Comment

I don't know why GP's wisdom is treated with such great respect, for instance my doctor also practices acupuncture.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                              I don't know why GP's wisdom is treated with such great respect, for instance my doctor also practices acupuncture.
                                              I practise witchcraft.

Comment

Dunphy isnt in great shape. He had a hard time using the touchscreen.
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Monaco are such a great watch. I mean the French surrender still likely but they bring the entertainment.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

@zuutroy - I still have my voucher for a plane and helicopter flying lesson thing (both on the same day). Obviously being Ireland, weather could be bad at any time of the year, but do you reckon May is a good time of the year to be planning this for or should I wait until June?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Lol at clearing the platform of snow, and leaving it on the tracks

Train moving faster than usual plus fresh snow from Stella resulted in a more spectacular arrival than expected.* Jukin Media Verified *Find this video and o...
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          Monaco are such a great watch. I mean the French surrender still likely but they bring the entertainment.
                                                          Said it last time Man City played in the CL but LOL English football.

The ROI from investing in English teams, in terms of European success, is laughably low.
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                            Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              Said it last time Man City played in the CL but LOL English football.

The ROI from investing in English teams, in terms of European success, is laughably low.
                                                              I've been lolling it for some time, moreso because of hoards of fans who won't accept it's not the best league in the world.

Chelsea should restore some pride next season though.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

I've been lolling it for some time, moreso because of hoards of fans who won't accept it's not the best league in the world.

If you were a billionaire with an itch to buy a club, the Premiership should be the last place you look.

Comment

Most competitive league in the world, for me that makes it the best.

Chelsea need to upgrade the wing backs and add a world class player like Griezmann.

Comment

I see The Young Offenders has made Netflix, y'all should watch it and then thank me after, it's lolcork but in a good way.
                                                                    Five minutes in and loving it, thanks man.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Cb9x70gYQ
                                                                      Idiots or sneaky bastards ?

Comment

City were actually the better team but were set up hilariously by Pep tonight, Monace tried to surrender but he had no men in the trenches to step up.

Plus relegation threatened Leicester in the 1/4 final. make sense of that.
                                                                        PL is the most entertaining, and the Championship heads and shoulders above any other B league which supports the competitive argument.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                          City were actually the better team but were set up hilariously by Pep tonight, Monace tried to surrender but he had no men in the trenches to step up.

PL is the most entertaining, and the Championship heads and shoulders above any other B league which supports the competitive argument.
                                                                          Only if 'competitive' means 'totally outclassed at the highest level, despite spending more than any other league'.

I'm sure the Danish league is competitive too.

Comment

Hamann looks like hes been hitting the whiskey hard lately.

Comment

What's the norm re what to wear at corporate outings for sports events - would a jacket be the done thing ahead of a jumper?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                Hamann looks like hes been hitting the whiskey hard lately.
                                                                                Probably backed psg to qualify

Comment

Only if 'competitive' means 'totally outclassed at the highest level, despite spending more than any other league'.

I'm sure the Danish league is competitive too.
                                                                                  you talking leagues or teams, take a look below, only a few teams dominate the top level, the rest of the teams in their leagues are also rans. btw not many danish teams below

Comment

I mean you say that but it's based on nothing. The Championship spends more than other B leagues for sure, but so does the premier league in comparison to other A leagues and it's hardly a model for success. The teams I see promoted from Spains 2nd tier usually have a much higher technical ability than those promoted to the Prem. It's drilled into them from a young age. And there's more homegrown players in their sides, so they tend to have more identity, something English sides have really struggled with last half a decade.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                      What's the norm re what to wear at corporate outings for sports events - would a jacket be the done thing ahead of a jumper?
                                                                                      A shirt. No tie.

Comment

A shirt. No tie.
                                                                                        Yes, but a jacket with that or a jumper? I'm useless at these things.

Comment

you talking leagues or teams, take a look below, only a few teams dominate the top level, the rest of the teams in their leagues are also rans. btw not many danish teams below
                                                                                          The last five seasons are a disaster for the 'competitive' Premiership. The game has moved on and England hasn't. Surely a Brexit metaphor.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                            Yes, but a jacket with that or a jumper? I'm useless at these things.
                                                                                            Evidently.

Comment

only 30 quid but fuck me I do love a challenge against 13 other reps

Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

I mean you say that but it's based on nothing. The Championship spends more than other B leagues for sure, but so does the premier league in comparison to other A leagues and it's hardly a model for success. The teams I see promoted from Spains 2nd tier usually have a much higher technical ability than those promoted to the Prem. It's drilled into them from a young age. And there's more homegrown players in their sides, so they tend to have more identity, something English sides have really struggled with last half a decade.
                                                                                                We're going down the indentity route now. Well that brings the Danes back into it.

My point is on which are more entertaining. Low level tippy tappy in the belly of Spain floats your boat? meh I'd rather watch the Geordie play the Owls etc .

My kids have FC St Pauls kit (from their Finnish uncle) so we'll be off to see the arse of German football in action sometime. I'll be watching the fans mostly.

Comment

We're going down the indentity route now. Well that brings the Danes back into it.

My point is on which are more entertaining. Low level tippy tappy in the belly of Spain floats your boat? meh I'd rather watch the Geordie play the Owls etc .
                                                                                                  I think its more a case that its easier to 'understand' what you are watching when its Sunderland v Burnley; we'd have an idea of the clubs history and ideology, their influence on the cities/towns, what makes the fans tick etc.
                                                                                                  Seville v Valencia may be technically better but watching it is kind of an emotional void.

Comment

The Dutch election result is an interesting one. The far right parties didn't do as well as feared, but it was very fractured. It'll take 4 or 5 parties banding together to form a coalition, if its even possible. Could be like Belgium for a good while.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      I think its more a case that its easier to 'understand' what you are watching when its Sunderland v Burnley; we'd have an idea of the clubs history and ideology, their influence on the cities/towns, what makes the fans tick etc.
                                                                                                      Seville v Valencia may be technically better but watching it is kind of an emotional void.
                                                                                                      Ya it can be kinda dull and scared alright

Comment

It is in Letterkenny town centre Mellor
                                                                                                        In that case i'll stick with my suggestions above.

I think there's something in Juniper lounge is probably my favourite.
                                                                                                        I like Seanchai too, but more suited to a whiskey bar imo - and the prods might not get it

There's a Gin bar here called The Powder Keg. No harm copying that, especially with Gunpowder being the name of a local gin.

Funnily enough I was looking up bursitis yesterday. Although patellar bursitis specifically, which I think I've a mild case of atm.

Generally the recommendation is to removed whatever is causeing it (in your case don't fall on it ), nsaids (which you've got covered), mobility work and warming up before exercise. So, basically some light stretching
                                                                                                        Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                        I won't ask Mellor.

Fascinating though!
                                                                                                        I was drawing a squid/kraken and began to wonder about some anatomy details. Started with the arms and well you know where I ended up...

Comment

Only prob is the amount of Prods in the area and they eat out more
                                                                                                          Derp maybe not call it anything edgy like black tan... ... i don't think they like the term prods either ...derp

The peacemaker is a nice name.

Or maybe if you call it something edgy the Fenian bastard. We can use that one it's one of ours.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                            The Dutch election result is an interesting one. The far right parties didn't do as well as feared, but it was very fractured. It'll take 4 or 5 parties banding together to form a coalition, if its even possible. Could be like Belgium for a good while.
                                                                                                            They always knew it was going to be a coalition. And all parties refused to form one with wilder. He didn't get enough support anyway. But they kind of knew this would happen. Rutt has been in coalition with labor before so maybe that will happen i think it will be a broader based coalition though.

I was listening on the radio about it last week.

Comment

In that case i'll stick with my suggestions above.

I think there's something in Juniper lounge is probably my favourite.
                                                                                                              I like Seanchai too, but more suited to a whiskey bar imo - and the prods might not get it

There's a Gin bar here called The Powder Keg. No harm copying that, especially with Gunpowder being the name of a local gin.

Funnily enough I was looking up bursitis yesterday. Although patellar bursitis specifically, which I think I've a mild case of atm.

Generally the recommendation is to removed whatever is causeing it (in your case don't fall on it ), nsaids (which you've got covered), mobility work and warming up before exercise. So, basically some light stretching

I was drawing a squid/kraken and began to wonder about some anatomy details. Started with the arms and well you know where I ended up...
                                                                                                              I was half thinking some swimming might be good for it. I was walking like a woman of 80 last night as I twanged something in my other hip trying to avoid the hip that's sore! Thank god (sorry laz) that my left hip is fine today or I would be calling the vet in to put me down

I like the name Juniper, that and Ristretto are the ones she is liking right now. She is delighted with all the suggestions, can't believe a bunch of strangers are helping out with a name. I told her ye are all sound like that
                                                                                                              Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 16-03-17, 07:39.

Comment

Wife giving out this morning about the "idiots" who keep voting for the people they aren't happy with when in government (not that she wanted PVV to win).
                                                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                  Wife giving out this morning about the "idiots" who keep voting for the people they aren't happy with when in government (not that she wanted PVV to win).
                                                                                                                  But the current government parties did badly in the election, going from 79 seats to 42 seats between them, or is she referring to something else?

Basically, governance seems to automatically make people unpopular, and those in opposition more popular, no matter which parties are in which roles.

Comment

But the current government parties did badly in the election, going from 79 seats to 42 seats between them, or is she referring to something else?

Basically, governance seems to automatically make people unpopular, and those in opposition more popular, no matter which parties are in which roles.
                                                                                                                    I think they are still the biggest party though so much like our last election the onus will be on them to attempt to form the government. Though 42 out of 150 may be tricky and their allies from the previous term (much like labour) have effectively been wiped out.
                                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                        So I've shot them off an email.
                                                                                                                        They will tremble in fear and capitulate instantly.

Comment

Doesn't the house of commons or UK government though have to sign off on allowing them to have a second referendum though?
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Couple of the papers I've looked at (Guardian, London Independent) seem to think its unlikely to be refused.
                                                                                                                          You were right, 2nd referendum refused by the PM this morning.
                                                                                                                          One online victory point heading from my account to yours.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X