Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
    Despite the illegality of these repo men getting a fright bless there cotton socks. Self described Britishers in paramilitary style uniforms dragging elderly folk off there land in full view of the guards who done nothing stinks. No sympathy for the bullying scumbags.
    'Elderly' seems to have been put out there early to gain sympathy, giving a mental picture of a frail old man o' the land being dragged out with creaking bones and a sad befuddled look on his face.
    Actual reality seems to be that of the 3 siblings two are in their 50s, the other 60s.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Easy to tell cunts here are getting long in the tooth when the idea of calling a fella in his 60s elderly warrants cries of 'fake news'.

Comment

Comment

Schalke v Man City
            Atletico Madrid v Juventus
            Man Utd v PSG
            Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund
            Lyon v Barcelona
            Roma v Porto
            Ajax v Real Madrid
            Liverpool v Bayern Munich

Comment

I think it just sticks in the craw for a lot of people the idea that unknown hired goons from outside the jurisdiction of the state can break down your door and drag you out with the guards there watching essentially for the protection of the hired goons.

In fairness, people would probably be fairly put off if it was the guards doing the breaking down of doors themselves - probably wouldn't be as bad though.

If they had some sort of staff whose job this was attached to the sheriffs it would probably be the best way.

Comment

On a vastly more important note, can anyone recommend me a nice bottle of rye? The branding on the Bulleit one catches the eye the most but probably willing to stretch the budget a little if there's anything much better easily available.

I got a nice bottle of Woodford Reserve on the way home from Mexico that is going down well. Very excited about the imminent arrival of a bottle each of 12yo Red Breast and Green Spot some time this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  I think it just sticks in the craw for a lot of people the idea that unknown hired goons from outside the jurisdiction of the state can break down your door and drag you out with the guards there watching essentially for the protection of the hired goons.

In fairness, people would probably be fairly put off if it was the guards doing the breaking down of doors themselves - probably wouldn't be as bad though.

If they had some sort of staff whose job this was attached to the sheriffs it would probably be the best way.
                  It sticks in my craw bankrolling these defaulting fuckers for a decade.

A legitimate legal process governed by the rule of law and being subverted by illegal violence in the middle of the night sticks in my craw too.

If you don’t want to obey the laws of the republic then fuck of out if it.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                    It sticks in my craw bankrolling these defaulting fuckers for a decade.

A legitimate legal process governed by the rule of law and being subverted by illegal violence in the middle of the night sticks in my craw too.

If you don’t want to obey the laws of the republic then fuck of out if it.
                    I don't mind them being fucked out where appropriate I'm just a bit uncomfortable with persons unknown from outside the jurisdiction jumping out of the back of a van to do it.

Comment

I don't mind them being fucked out where appropriate I'm just a bit uncomfortable with persons unknown from outside the jurisdiction jumping out of the back of a van to do it.
                      What about the mob that arrived in the middle of the night to subvert the rule of law?

Persons unknown my hole. The only ones unknown were the thugs threatening the security guards acting in compliance and with the full legal authority of the state.

Anyone can work anywhere in the EU btw. We have free movement and pooled sovereignty. I can currently work in the U.K. and they can work here provided they are operating within the law. When that changes it changes. No ala carte rules around the free movement of EU citizens to mollify your sensitivities. If you want to go down that road it’s a very dangerous path.
                      Last edited by V for Vendetta; 17-12-18, 11:40.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

What about the mob that arrived in the middle of the night to subvert the rule of law?

Persons unknown my hole. The only ones unknown were the thugs threatening the security guards acting in compliance and with the full legal authority of the state.
                        Is there some reason you think I support the mob who arrived in the middle of the night? To be clear - I don't. Take a deep breath.

Comment

Do I have to go into my bank to send Krona to a Swedish bank account? I believe a swift transfer would just convert € to Krona so I could just guess the appropriate amount of €?

Comment

Is there some reason you think I support the mob who arrived in the middle of the night? To be clear - I don't. Take a deep breath.
                            You said “persons unknown”. Those acting under a court order were known and are known to the proper legal authorities. Just not known to the Facebook and vigilante mob. The only “persons unknown” were those breaking the law.

Deep breath? You just don’t like getting called on your hypocrisy so you try imply im ranting. Classy.

Comment

You said “persons unknown”. Those acting under a court order were known and are known to the proper legal authorities. Just not known to the Facebook and vigilante mob. The only “persons unknown” were those breaking the law.

Deep breath? You just don’t like getting called on your hypocrisy so you try imply im ranting. Classy.
                              Hypocrisy? Seriously you are totally out of line here. I approach every conversation here in good faith.

I asked above if anyone could clarify who did the evicting and on whose behalf as I don't know and couldn't make out from the linked article. I hadn't seen or heard anywhere previously that the people who did the eviction are/were known to the authorities. I have no idea what the form-filling procedure is for these things and as always am happy to be informed by someone who knows better.

I made a general point as this incident reminded me of the previous incident in Dublin where a load of goons jumped out of the back of an untaxed NI reg van and assaulted protesters. There have been many reports of unscrupulous landlords using thugs to carry out extra-legal evictions over the last several months. I'm glad to hear this is not the case in this instance and grateful to anyone who takes the time to explain it to me.

I think there is some merit in the idea of state or council employed 'evictors', maybe there isn't. I didn't bother mentioning the people who burnt out the cars and maimed the dog as I inferred everyone was on the same page about them. If there is something in my posting to suggest I disagree with delinquent owners or tenants being lawfully evicted, and/or I'm a supporter of vigilantism I can only promise you I didn't intend to suggest either.

Anyway, I might be uninformed but I resent being called a hypocrite. Happy Christmas.
                              Last edited by Keane; 17-12-18, 11:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                Do I have to go into my bank to send Krona to a Swedish bank account? I believe a swift transfer would just convert € to Krona so I could just guess the appropriate amount of €?
                                Just use revolut?
                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                  Just use revolut?
                                  Ah genius, I had forgot that I could just add new currencies so easily, I'll try that cheers!

Comment

Cracked my mto screen at the weekend, this seems far too cheap for a replacement screen?

I was thinking I'd probably just have toget a new phone?

Comment

Hypocrisy? Seriously you are totally out of line here. I approach every conversation here in good faith.

I asked above if anyone could clarify who did the evicting and on whose behalf as I don't know and couldn't make out from the linked article. I hadn't seen or heard anywhere previously that the people who did the eviction are/were known to the authorities. I have no idea what the form-filling procedure is for these things and as always am happy to be informed by someone who knows better.

I made a general point as this incident reminded me of the previous incident in Dublin where a load of goons jumped out of the back of an untaxed NI reg van and assaulted protesters. There have been many reports of unscrupulous landlords using thugs to carry out extra-legal evictions over the last several months. I'm glad to hear this is not the case in this instance and grateful to anyone who takes the time to explain it to me.

I think there is some merit in the idea of state or council employed 'evictors', maybe there isn't. I didn't bother mentioning the people who burnt out the cars and maimed the dog as I inferred everyone was on the same page about them. If there is something in my posting to suggest I disagree with delinquent owners or tenants being lawfully evicted, and/or I'm a supporter of vigilantism I can only promise you I didn't intend to suggest either.

Anyway, I might be uninformed but I resent being called a hypocrite. Happy Christmas.

I call it as I see it Keane. The definition of hypocrisy is “the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case”.

Reports by Facebook vigilante groups are not fact - you know this and you certainly don’t need me to point this out.

You accused the Gardaí of standing by while “goons” carried out a lawful eviction notice and then saying that stuck in your craw while making no reference to the illegal violence and threats of further violence smacks of hypocrisy to me. Did you honestly believe the bailiffs enforcing the laws of the state and the Gardaí standing witness to ensure no unnecessary violence were acting illegally? Or beyond their remit?

You now have stated that your distaste for what subsequently happened was somehow implied or was due to you being uninformed. Prior to this you accused me of ranting as another smokescreen. I simply say you were being a hypocrite and called you on it. You might not like that but I doubt any upholder of the laws of the state would like the implications of what you were saying earlier either. Maybe next time you won’t start denigrating the work of those acting on behalf of the state in an uninformed/hypocritical manner.

Many happy returns.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                        Just use revolut?
                                        this or transferwise

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                          How come there’s never any repurcussions for the urban sophisticates who lend these delinquents money .
                                          Let’s not forget Brian o donnell, plenty of dubs who thing paying your mortgage is for the little people too, in fact there was a pretty big chunk of Dublin’s professional classes who hid behind the ail “family home” after being stupid greedy cunts during the boom
                                          I mean that's just unfair.

The kind of people you refer to know which fork to use with each course and would always say 'you' instead of 'ye'.
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

The kind of people you refer to know which fork to use with each course and would always say 'you' instead of 'ye'.
                                            You’re some fucker for stirring a pot!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              To get a court to decide you should be evicted you have to do so many things wrong. It's pretty much impossible to be evicted.
                                              If it's a bank of the other side of the default, you effectively have to have refused to engage with them over the course of a full decade.

Hard to have much sympathy when the equivalent play in the US would have you evicted within three months.

Comment

You’re some fucker for stirring a pot!
                                                No stirabout here. One always eats homemade granola for one's morning repast.

It's ludicrous to suggest that people who wear nice suits should be treated the same as muck savages. Where will it all end?

Comment

No stirabout here. One always eats homemade granola for one's morning repast.

It's ludicrous to suggest that people who wear nice suits should be treated the same as muck savages. Where will it all end?

Everyone is the hero in their own story.

I’m dealing with some huge amounts of self delusion over the past few months from all sorts of folk. Professionally, personally and within my immediate family.

I may have taken a bigger bite out of Keanes ass then was strictly necessary...ho hum I’m sure he’ll come roaring back.

Comment

It'd be worse.
                                                    The police force acting on behalf of the banks would be a publicity wet dream for some groups.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I feel bad laughing at the guy, but this is so funny when you can't understand a word he says. The last 2 seconds are heartbreaking!

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

KBC are the bank involved in this case right?
                                                        And apparently 50% of their loan book is impaired.Maybe they were just unlucky with who they decided to give loans to??
                                                        I’m not sticking up for the evictees here btw, I’m as tired of people like this invoking the famine , trying to use the “family home” invincibility cloak etc but pretending it’s a rural muck savage problem only ac
                                                        Last edited by Guest; 17-12-18, 13:04.

Comment

Comment

Comment

KBC are the bank involved in this case right?
                                                              And apparently 50% of their loan book is impaired.Maybe they were just unlucky??
                                                              I’m not sticking up for the evictees here btw, I’m as tired of people like this invoking the famine , trying to use the “family home” invincibility cloak etc but pretending it’s a rural muck savage problem only ac
                                                              If it weren't for remittances from Dublin, rural Ireland would be solely populated by roaming bands of zombies.

Let us never forget this. It would be nice if you rural folk demonstrated some gratitude but at the very least you should obey our laws and show due obesiances.

Comment

I call it as I see it Keane. The definition of hypocrisy is “the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case”.

Reports by Facebook vigilante groups are not fact - you know this and you certainly don’t need me to point this out.

You accused the Gardaí of standing by while “goons” carried out a lawful eviction notice and then saying that stuck in your craw while making no reference to the illegal violence and threats of further violence smacks of hypocrisy to me. Did you honestly believe the bailiffs enforcing the laws of the state and the Gardaí standing witness to ensure no unnecessary violence were acting illegally? Or beyond their remit?
                                                                I might be worth one further attempt to clarify here. What I posted was the following:

'I think it just sticks in the craw for a lot of people the idea that unknown hired goons from outside the jurisdiction of the state can break down your door and drag you out with the guards there watching essentially for the protection of the hired goons.'

I didn't say anything sticks in my craw, I am suggesting a reason why these types of stories seem to spark an emotional response in the general public. As you can see the line above was a preamble to suggesting ways to mitigate this, e.g. have the guards or sheriff's folks do the evictions instead of private security firms.

The intention is to avoid people coming down on the sides of the lawfully evicted against the people carrying out the evictions, and avoid the perception that guards are turning up to make sure the only violence is done by the goons against the little folk and not the other way around.

You now have stated that your distaste for what subsequently happened was somehow implied or was due to you being uninformed. Prior to this you accused me of ranting as another smokescreen. I simply say you were being a hypocrite and called you on it. You might not like that but I doubt any upholder of the laws of the state would like the implications of what you were saying earlier either. Maybe next time you won’t start denigrating the work of those acting on behalf of the state in an uninformed/hypocritical manner.

Many happy returns.
                                                                In all fairness, I told you to take a deep breath because you assigned to me a position in support of the vigilantes that I neither expressed outright or implied in any way.

I didn't refer to them, and if you are using that to project on me a support that I have since told you in good faith does not exist then that is your own look out. I'm disappointed you are not just willing to say you read into my posts something that wasn't there and sorry for the crossed wires instead of doubling down.

I wonder if I had said at the start I'm agin car burners and dog maimers how this might have panned out. The discussion I had intended to have was just this, more or less:

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                It'd be worse.
                                                                The police force acting on behalf of the banks would be a publicity wet dream for some groups.
                                                                'People don't seem to like private security firms being involved in this, people don't seem to like the idea of the guards doing it, is there a better way to do it so people at a distance don't see a reason to get upset about it?'

I may have taken a bigger bite out of Keanes ass then was strictly necessary...ho hum I’m sure he’ll come roaring back.
                                                                I'm not roaring, that taste in your mouth is straw!

Comment

I'd say the reason why 'goons' need to be hired in from overseas is to reduce the risk of the goons houses being burned down if they were local goons.
                                                                  It's a fair point, and one I had considered. I guess I was thinking about how to build up more public support for the process of lawful evictions in these cases. I don't think the private sec/garda onlooker optics are conducive to broad public support!

Maybe there's no way to convince people lawful evictions are a necessary, even desirable thing? That doesn't seem right though - I figure everyone I know could easily be made to understand it.

@keane grand to support it if you wish. Indeed you are already generously supporting the non-evictees by paying about an extra 1% on your mortgage interest per year because people can't be evicted: about €2,500 a year. It's a decent chunk that you'd probably prefer to direct to your own charity of choice if given the option, as I'd imagine 'keep people in big houses they aren't paying a penny on' wouldn't be your number one choice of €2,500 charitable donations a year. It might be, but I'd say it isn't.
                                                                  This is fondling the same arse V is taking bites out of so I will just say I know why my interest rate is what it is and am supportive of repossessions increasing.

Comment

It's a continuum, it goes all the way from lower class "ye" to the average Joe and people with notions using "you", right up to those that are actually upper class or regal espousing "ye" again. Y'all get there one day.

Comment

If it weren't for remittances from Dublin, rural Ireland would be solely populated by roaming bands of zombies.

Let us never forget this. It would be nice if you rural folk demonstrated some gratitude but at the very least you should obey our laws and show due obesiances.
                                                                      Can’t wait till Dublin’s water supply runs out and us rural savages can hold you to ransom over use of the Shannon supply.humans can only last 3-4 days without waterwithout water, not sure if that also applies to the sub human concussion addled ex rugby school lads who work in the IFSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                        It's a continuum, it goes all the way from lower class "ye" to the average Joe and people with notions using "you", right up to those that are actually upper class or regal espousing "ye" again. Y'all get there one day.
                                                                        I think you're right. Usage of 'yiz' should also mark the user down as Not Of the Right Sort.

Only those of the Right Sort can have the luxury of not having to be fully accoutanable for their actions. Obviously.

Comment

Can’t wait till Dublin’s water supply runs out and us rural savages can hold you to ransom over use of the Shannon supply.humans can only last 3-4 days without waterwithout water, not sure if that also applies to the sub human concussion addled ex rugby school lads who work in the IFSC.
                                                                          By water supply, I assume you are referring to Perrier and rest assured contingency plans are fully operable in the event of any supply dislocation.

Otherwise I imagine you speak of some unfathomable agricultural practice. Which should never be discussed in polite society.

Comment

I might be worth one further attempt to clarify here. What I posted was the following:

I'm not roaring, that taste in your mouth is straw!

Fair enough Keane. I honestly had you down as one of these heart bleeding, virtue signaling, sympathetisers until that last post. A bit like PSV58 .

I recant my accusation of hypocrisy. I misunderstood your original post and went from there. Twas better craic the other way though for the peanut gallery.

Comment

By water supply, I assume you are referring to Perrier and rest assured contingency plans are fully operable in the event of any supply dislocation.

Otherwise I imagine you speak of some unfathomable agricultural practice. Which should never be discussed in polite society.
                                                                              Perrier? You drink that mass market stuff ? Not very elite, it’s all about artisan stuff like Voss my boy
                                                                              Perrier and homemade granola , oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                It'd be worse.
                                                                                Rightly so tbh.

Comment

...

Comment

Good oul craic in here today in fairness.

They should have used Provo goons instead and we wouldn't be in this mess. People be grand with that.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

San Pellegrino is the only choice. That and Carrick springs.
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Has anyone here ever laughed at an SNL skit?
                                                                                        At a loss as to why the likes of the Irish Times and the Guardian give it so much coverage, it’s awful. The Theresa May skit is cringe for all involved

Comment

Has anyone here ever laughed at an SNL skit?
                                                                                          Yes.

Subscribe to SaturdayNightLive: http://j.mp/1bjU39dSEASON 25: http://j.mp/15JiPaVBusiness Parodies: http://j.mp/18wsTbNCensus taker (Tim Meadows) endures str...

Comment

Loving the use of the word 'goons' here. One of my fav words along with 'rambunctious'

What we have here are rambunctious goons on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                              Loving the use of the word 'goons' here. One of my fav words along with 'rambunctious'

What we have here are rambunctious goons on both sides.
                                                                                              I got uproarious acclaim for use of the word 'yokels' over the weekend, thought that would have been a very common one.

Comment

...
                                                                                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 17-12-18, 14:36.

Comment

A simple question that I'm almost too afraid to google in case google thinks i'm an idiot and starts only showing me ads for abacuses.

With Google Pay:

Does that work in any shop that has a contactless card pay terminal by default, or is it only shops that have installed a special google pay compatible terminal?

I presume you need to open phone and launch the app to be able to pay - as in its not some automatic thing of touching your phone to a sensor, but rather you need to go through steps to enable it to do so?

Edit: scratch the last question.
                                                                                                  Any contactless. And you can pay higher than 30e
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Not sure there needs to be sides in this. Goons, guards vigalantes and those fucked out are all cunts in my limited reading of the story.
                                                                                                    The guards are repeat offenders though, I don't know who any of the rest are.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Is there a modern equivalent to 'Dear Sir or Madam' when writing a letter / email to an organisation where you don't know who will be reading it? There must be, but seem to have missed the memo.
                                                                                                        Depending on the context anything from 'Hi' to 'To whom it concerns' might be right!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            Not sure there needs to be sides in this. Goons, guards vigalantes and those fucked out are all cunts in my limited reading of the story.
                                                                                                            The guards are repeat offenders though, I don't know who any of the rest are.
                                                                                                            the biggest cunt in my opinion is the local politician who is going to go to the bank to get this resolved. Serious big man in a small town mindset.

I really want to hear how gets on negotiating with a primarily online Dutch? bank.

Comment

Is there a modern equivalent to 'Dear Sir or Madam' when writing a letter / email to an organisation where you don't know who will be reading it? There must be, but seem to have missed the memo.
                                                                                                              "Dear Sir or Madam or whatever you sexually identify as, such as an attack helicopter," should do the trick.

Comment

Find hi way too informal, and 'To Whom it Concerns' a bit too kayroo-like. Thought there might be some semi-formal-informal way that people have developed.
                                                                                                                Fuck you. I wouldn’t be so clunky
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Depending on the context anything from 'Hi' to 'To whom it concerns' might be right!
                                                                                                                  Hi is what I usually use

Comment

shocking English

it's "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Tesco. Yeahhh.

Comment

Find hi way too informal, and 'To Whom it Concerns' a bit too kayroo-like. Thought there might be some semi-formal-informal way that people have developed.
                                                                                                                        Either "all," or "John/Mary, " don't like using hi for some reason.
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Hi is acceptable opening for all emails

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X