Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had a problem getting a drink in the black sheep. I went for a quick drink in the gasworks near grand canal dock and was very impressed recently.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
      Is it just me or is the standard of bar staff gone to shite (since Ronnie drew died). None of them can take more than 1 order at a time and seem to sit waiting on the Guinness to settle before serving the next customer. One twat in forty foot last week smiled at me as he waited on the Guinness then proceeded to serve a lad who just arrived at the counter as he finished that order. I told him I was next and in fairness he apologised but it was blatantly obvious.
      On a slightly similar vein, I used to be a lounge boy many, many years ago and throughout the whole night, you would always have 5/6 orders on the go at any one time and it could increase to a dozen or more at last orders. You did most the math for what was owed/change to be given in your head and were pretty much spot on every time as if you got your float wrong, it came out of your pocket.

While lounge service isn't as big a thing anymore, there have so many times when you try order a drink and you get a response of 'I just have an order, I'll be with you in a minute' only to see them drop down one pint of Guinness to a table before coming over to take your order.

Would make you weep

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
        Let's say that Jewish school produced amazing results. There is a house next door to the school where an atheist child lives. The school is oversubscribed. The atheist child automatically last on the list because they aren't Jewish. Is that fair?
        This is exactly how non Catholics are currently treated, you are literally arguing in favour of the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
          This is exactly how non Catholics are currently treated, you are literally arguing in favour of the bill.
          I've stated multipile times I am in favour of the Bill if it doesn't favour minority religions.

Comment

I've stated multipile times I am in favour of the Bill if it doesn't favour minority religions.
            That would discriminate against minority religions and in substance not affect Catholics at all. It’s one of those positions that can only be held by a majority and which sounds fair but on inspection is actually deeply discriminatory.
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
              I've never had a problem getting a drink in the black sheep. I went for a quick drink in the gasworks near grand canal dock and was very impressed recently.
              Yeah i don't get it for the black sheep, pretty much just walk up and get a drink any time I've been there. Also they are great for giving you samples of different drinks to try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                Yeah i don't get it for the black sheep, pretty much just walk up and get a drink any time I've been there. Also they are great for giving you samples of different drinks to try out.
                I've been there a few times where the bar was a couple of people deep, and only one or two barstaff pottering about.

Comment

It comes as no huge shock to find erstwhile No campaign supporters worrying more about the illusion of discrimination against Catholicism rather than actual discrimination against born children.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                    Sugar club book way too many great acts considering how shite the place is.
                    Windjammer, there's another bar with good staff

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                      That would discriminate against minority religions and in substance not affect Catholics at all. It’s one of those positions that can only be held by a majority and which sounds fair but on inspection is actually deeply discriminatory.
                      How would it not affect Catholics? Atheist children have no preferential treatment in any schools at the moment. Catholics are set to lose preferential treatment to Catholic schools. All I am asking for is that other religious schools are treated the same.

@Keane multiple people who have agreed with Yes also agreed with this view above including like of Mellor

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                        Irish Poker Pince, 7pm tonight, The Brewdock down by Connolly Station. Your Dobbys, your Riggers, your AFBs, your Luckforsomes, your Lazares are all confirmed attending. Gon be leral.
                        OAPs welcome?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                          OAPs welcome?
                          I'll ring ahead. Make sure they've enough stock.

Comment

Checked into Regency for a few nights poker and pints.

Thus far....
                            Card machine at reception busto
                            3 x 5 min return walks as keycards busto, Jbravado on life tilt.
                            Lift busto...
                            Bottle of wine with dinner previously opened.

Cant wait for the rest.....

Comment

Thus far....
                              Seems visa is bollixed Europewide.
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                Irish Poker Pince, 7pm tonight, The Brewdock down by Connolly Station. Your Dobbys, your Riggers, your AFBs, your Luckforsomes, your Lazares are all confirmed attending. Gon be leral.
                                Anybody attending any earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                  Anybody attending any earlier?
                                  Having grub and drinks in Regency if u happen to be near there

Comment

Having grub and drinks in Regency if u happen to be near there
                                    TY sir, I work a stones throw from the Brew Dock and finished for the day.

Comment

Is it just me or is the standard of bar staff gone to shite (since Ronnie drew died). None of them can take more than 1 order at a time and seem to sit waiting on the Guinness to settle before serving the next customer. One twat in forty foot last week smiled at me as he waited on the Guinness then proceeded to serve a lad who just arrived at the counter as he finished that order. I told him I was next and in fairness he apologised but it was blatantly obvious.
                                      Irish bar staff >>>>>>> all other nations.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

'Lounge boy\girl' sounds pretty lascvious.

Comment

Thus far....
                                          3 x 5 min return walks as keycards busto, Jbravado on life tilt.
                                          Lift busto...
                                          Bottle of wine with dinner previously opened.

Cant wait for the rest.....
                                          There's your mistake.
                                          The regency is and always has been a complete fucking shithole
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            There's your mistake.
                                            The regency is and always has been a complete fucking shithole
                                            Yeah but its 45e inc brekkie. 50 in a taxi.

And my kids dont reside here.

Comment

Let's say that Jewish school produced amazing results. There is a house next door to the school where an atheist child lives. The school is oversubscribed. The atheist child automatically last on the list because they aren't Jewish. Is that fair?
                                              R u carrying out a survey for the schools board

Say there’s clouds in the sky will it rain or not

Comment

TY sir, I work a stones throw from the Brew Dock and finished for the day.
                                                Did you go to pub or home? Just on the bus now. Fucking thing was due at 5 past

Comment

...Rigger promised me that nothing important or memory worthy will happen before 22:00 when I get there...I hope this is true...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    Did you go to pub or home? Just on the bus now. Fucking thing was due at 5 past
                                                    Pub mate, anyone here?

Comment

Pub mate, anyone here?
                                                      Andy is there somewhere. He's sending me pics of his drink and I'm thirsty as fuck.

Comment

Andy is there somewhere. He's sending me pics of his drink and I'm thirsty as fuck.
                                                        Found him, hurry on m8

Comment

Did 7 aviation exams today. Can't really see now.

Comment

Pub mate, anyone here?
                                                            I'm on the bus at Clondalkin, jumping off at Bluebell for the Jerry Lee.

Rain has fucked my hairdo.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              Looking forward to meeting luckforsome
                                                              ...Just took screenshot of this and gonna show it to my nan at the next family gathering...#ifeelaccepted...

Comment

I have almost burst into tears at bars in London trying to get served. When I go home it's an absolute fucking delight. Was in the Centurion's bar in RDS after a game and the barman had 3 different orders on the go, and never asked anyone to repeat anything. It was beautiful. The missus could sense my pride in my fellow countryman.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Irish bar staff >>>>>>> all other nations.
                                                                  AINEC

Comment

Me and dice in taxi on way to brewdock. Carnage
                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Tiger!
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                        Tiger!
                                                                        This is the week. Surely!

Comment

Jack, where the fuck are you ya prick?

Comment

Well
                                                                            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                              I have almost burst into tears at bars in London trying to get served. When I go home it's an absolute fucking delight. Was in the Centurion's bar in RDS after a game and the barman had 3 different orders on the go, and never asked anyone to repeat anything. It was beautiful. The missus could sense my pride in my fellow countryman.
                                                                              Hug hun
                                                                              "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                              "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                Hug hun
                                                                                Big kisses
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

In 8 minutes I will look for some guy.

To say hello.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      The man.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                        Illiterate obv.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Illiterate obv.
                                                                                          Written in Korean, duh

Comment

Jack, where the fuck are you ya prick?
                                                                                            .

Comment

Greatest showman on earth

Comment

10 mins with Lazare bates a year in church. Solid man.

Comment

Bate the church oura ye

Comment

Better late than never...

WSOP 2018 Fantasy Draft

40 hours to get your team in!

Comment

Just strolled into the hostel that I booked into for the night. Breakfast finished at 9am as they do

Trying to piece together how I ended up playing cash in the jackpot until now.

I have money and no bank receipt hough which is a plus

Standard
                                                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                        Just strolled into the hostel that I booked into for the night. Breakfast finished at 9am as they do

Trying to piece together how I ended up playing cash in the jackpot until now.

I have money and no bank receipt hough which is a plus

Standard
                                                                                                        U owe me a monkey

Comment

Trip report?

Comment

A perfect display of how Trump's mind operates. There's no conscious thought process or plan, he just blurts out whatever he feels is going to serve him best at that moment.

Opportunity to paint his actions in a good light:
                                                                                                            it's a big beautiful letter, the best letter. I bet you wish you had this letter. But you can't, it's my letter. Maybe I'll show you one day (I definitely won't show you, and if I do it will be a bullshit one I've dictated like my doctors note)

Pressed about what the letter says, panic kicks in:
                                                                                                            What letter? There's no letter. Fake letter. You're a letter.

Comment

Trip report?
                                                                                                              Pub was grand. Then hit a restaurant that turned into a pub. Vague recollection of Switchy getting us booted from Emporijm before we got in. Woke up in a room in Regency with two oversubscribed single beds.

Comment

You're a bunch a sound cunce.

Comment

Beside Bertie in Woodies there. He paid with a gift card produced from an actual brown envelope. Class.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    Beside Bertie in Woodies there. He paid with a gift card produced from an actual brown envelope. Class.
                                                                                                                    old habits die hard

Comment

A perfect display of how Trump's mind operates. There's no conscious thought process or plan, he just blurts out whatever he feels is going to serve him best at that moment.

Opportunity to paint his actions in a good light:
                                                                                                                      it's a big beautiful letter, the best letter. I bet you wish you had this letter. But you can't, it's my letter. Maybe I'll show you one day (I definitely won't show you, and if I do it will be a bullshit one I've dictated like my doctors note)

Pressed about what the letter says, panic kicks in:
                                                                                                                      What letter? There's no letter. Fake letter. You're a letter.
                                                                                                                      Nah. Focus would have been on Kim if he had talked about the letter. Instead it's on trump.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I'm thinking of buying a business in Dublin at the moment, I'd basically be looking to just buy the name/location/content. I would be considered self employed instead of the owner of a business, would just own the copyright to the name of the company and the website etc etc. The people working for me would be contractors and not employees and would be given a set amount for work done.

Where would be the best place to get advice on this?

Would be looking to keep my current job as an employee elsewhere, so I would basically just be purchasing this and having someone else running it for me. Would like to work out how much taxes I'd have to be paying, I am incredibly bad in regards to taxes as never learned about them in school and have not read about them since.

Cheers
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Trip report?
                                                                                                                          Left Andy and Rigger at 12ish to get the night link after a long day I was wrecked. Wasn't until 12.30 so went to the emporium to aye cash until it was time to get the 2am bus lol. Bought in for €125. Cashed out for €580.

Git it in with AJ v KK pre and.flopped 3 jacks. Guy that had the KK started calling me a donkey and an idiot so I got up and left. That was at 1.40 anyway so perfect timing for my bus lol. Walked out smiling and yer man giving out at the table onife tilt

Heading to Kerry now so the 580 will come in handy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X