Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys I have a question. I keep reading on here about people selling % I apologize but er what is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
      Sexiest sentence ever
      Sexiest poster.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
        Correct is an adjective, correctly is an adverb. An Adverb is needed to modify a verb. 'You read it correctly.' 'Read' is the verb. 'Correctly' is the adverb. 'The boy is correct'. 'Boy' is the noun. 'Correct' is the adjective. Whether or not the noun is an object noun or not makes no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Thats ridiculous. Flying in a big plane is safer than sitting at home on the sofa. Zuut is buzzing around the country sitting in a homemade lump of balsa wood bolted onto a glorified lawnmower engine.
          Yep and people scared of spiders are Redic too. What ya gonna do ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            Nah Kayroo is more brainier than me. And everyone knows it ..He is nice so I don't mind admitting it Not that he needs me to or cares ...
            Last edited by Guest; 25-04-17, 12:02.

Comment

Guys I have a question. I keep reading on here about people selling % I apologize but er what is that?
              I'm playing in a €900 (+ €100 fee) tournament.
              If you buy 5% of me then you give me €50.
              You then get 5% of all my winnings, if any.

I may charge €60 for 5% though, if I believe I am better than the average player, which is something 98% of players apparently are.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                I'm playing in a €900 (+ €100 fee) tournament.
                If you buy 5% of me then you give me €50.
                You then get 5% of all my winnings, if any.

I may charge €60 for 5% though, if I believe I am better than the average player, which is something 98% of players apparently are.
                Oh ..ok thanks ..I wasn't aware that happened. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  FAO you. The Noel Coward thingy in the Gate is quite the enjoyable romp.
                  I've never seen a Noel Coward play before. Probably won't get to it as I'm off to that London for 6 weeks. Caught the preview of Druid's Godot in the Abbey last night, was okay, not as enamoured of Beckett these days.

Saw The Book of Mormon the week before last and thought it was the funniest show I've seen. Was also in The Shakespeare Globe theatre for the first time, albeit the second theatre in it. Lovely to see a small wooden theatre lit by candlelight, although the Jacobian play I saw wasn't good. Going to see Romeo and Juliet in The Globe venue standing as a groundling next month.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    I've never seen a Noel Coward play before. Probably won't get to it as I'm off to that London for 6 weeks. Caught the preview of Druid's Godot in the Abbey last night, was okay, not as enamoured of Beckett these days.

Saw The Book of Mormon the week before last and thought it was the funniest show I've seen. Was also in The Shakespeare Globe theatre for the first time, albeit the second theatre in it. Lovely to see a small wooden theatre lit by candlelight, although the Jacobian play I saw wasn't good. Going to see Romeo and Juliet in The Globe venue standing as a groundling next month.
                    Enjoy Hotspur!
                    I am so jealous ... Never been to the globe. Midsummer Nights dream is my fav Shakespearean Play.

A long time ago I saw the Tempest done by Footsbarn ..they do things rather differently.

I have seen the Book of Mormon but not live just online :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZIFqaqKoBI

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Bear in mind, 'that guy with the screaming kid'.

That's going to be you.
                      I'm taking one for the team in blockading future airline based holiday plans until such time as we have a child who can fasten her own seatbeat.

In saying that, I desperately need a holiday
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

PayPal Question.

complete newbie to PP. No account or anything. Someone wants to buy something off me (€500) and has said they will pay me by PayPal and get a courier to collect it and bring it to Poland. Have asked for my paypal account, name, email and mobile. Sounds a bit too good to be true.

Could I be scammed when its me getting the money? How long does it take to be authenticated, can they withdraw the money when goods delivered.

Thanks

Comment

list item on ebay to sell if it feels hinky is my advice
                          Ebay has seller protection, paypal doesnt
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                            PayPal Question.

complete newbie to PP. No account or anything. Someone wants to buy something off me (€500) and has said they will pay me by PayPal and get a courier to collect it and bring it to Poland. Have asked for my paypal account, name, email and mobile. Sounds a bit too good to be true.

Could I be scammed when its me getting the money? How long does it take to be authenticated, can they withdraw the money when goods delivered.

Thanks
                            It is quite a common scam to do that with paypal. They pay you, you let the item go then they raise a thing in the resolution centre and they can often get the item, their money back and you have lost everything.

If a payment is complete, talk to the merchant or file a dispute. Your payment details have their contact information.

Comment

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  It's worth standing ground on this one. Nuns should not be running hospitals as they don't believe in best medical practice. There's direct interference in Vincent's, so hard to accept there won't be same in NMH. The dispensary in Vincent's, for example, doesn't dispense the birth control pill. There's presumably little need for them to dispense that, but the point is they don't dispense it because it's against their ethos.

Fck that.

If we break the hospital-religion link with this then it sets the tone going forward, that only medical best practice is allowed inform how hospitals are run, so it's a big win.
                                  The notion is just completely unacceptable.

It would be the ultimate spit in the eye of the people by Fine Gael.

Comment

A long time ago I saw the Tempest done by Footsbarn ..they do things rather differently.
                                    I saw that. Actually I think I've seen them do it twice with different versions, once in their traditional spiegeltent and once with an Indian flavoured version in the open in the front square of Trinity. I recall it absolutely pissing raining.

My favourite theatre experience ever was Footsbarn's production of The Odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Why didn't he fucking vote against the agreement if it is so bad ?

His current stance on why the plan is unworkable is completely down to a statement made by the Bishop of BallyGoBackwards to a fucking newspaper reporter.

People need to get some perspective on this.

There is an ideal world where the church has given back all the hospitals and schools and We The People turn out to be competent enough to actually run them properly, that is Far Away and then there is the objective reality that we urgently need a new NMH that is Near
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

the texts in question
                                        Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

If we urgently need a National Maternity Hospital we should build ourselves one probably.

Comment

Comment

If we urgently need a National Maternity Hospital we should build ourselves one probably.
                                              Where and for how much?
                                              You do understand that the requirement is to build alongside a teaching hospital?

How many babies should die as surgeries are cancelled while we divert the extra 3 - 500M needed to build on a greenfield site?

Lets say the RTE site was a runner and the NMH was to move there and there were minimal cost implications (there aren't) will the campaign set its sights on removing the Archbishop of Dublin from the NMH?

You have the right target in your sights but the wrong bullet in your gun.
                                              This kind of plan would have neutered the Nuns, instead people got hysterical with this moronically wrong headed meme that the Nuns were being going to 'given 300M worth of hospital'. The idea that any nun would ever have been able to direct the ethos of the NMH is ridiculous.
                                              Aim your anger at the church's control of schools, that it a thousand times more important.

Comment

Comment

Sleety snow squalls from the North East, proper Punchestown weather

Comment

Where and for how much?
                                                    You do understand that the requirement is to build alongside a teaching hospital?

How many babies should die as surgeries are cancelled while we divert the extra 3 - 500M needed to build on a greenfield site?

Lets say the RTE site was a runner and the NMH was to move there and there were minimal cost implications (there aren't) will the campaign set its sights on removing the Archbishop of Dublin from the NMH?

You have the right target in your sights but the wrong bullet in your gun.
                                                    This kind of plan would have neutered the Nuns, instead people got hysterical with this moronically wrong headed meme that the Nuns were being going to 'given 300M worth of hospital'. The idea that any nun would ever have been able to direct the ethos of the NMH is ridiculous.
                                                    Aim your anger at the church's control of schools, that it a thousand times more important.
                                                    Talk of saving money is utterly repugnant in this context. I don't give a fiddler's fart how much extra it costs personally.

Comment

It's gone from hail stones to splitting stones out here in leop

Comment

Flew back from Canada overnight. 3 seats between 2 of us as the plane wasn't full so loads of room to spread out.

New born baby directly in front of us. Not a peep out of the nipper throughout the entire flight.

Currently eating sushi, drinking beer, punting on horses I know nothing about that are due to race at Punchestown.

Jet lag starting to kick in

Comment

Speaking of religion, did any read the letter to the Sindo about drinking on Good Friday being a sin and anyone doing it should be excommunicated from the church. LLLLOOOLLL.

Comment

Postman came this morning with Smurph's new passport. Was ordered online on the 17th, so I think that's a pretty impressive turnaround.
                                                            Now, what is there to do in London of a weekend, heading over from 12th - 15th May. ?

Comment

Talk of saving money is utterly repugnant in this context. I don't give a fiddler's fart how much extra it costs personally.
                                                              Despite what you might hear from various independents there is not an unlimited cash supplies in Ireland. There is talk of needing to hike taxes to cover the 500m health deficit as it is.

If there is better returns in the long run on going for a greenfield site than go for it. If the current site wont need major redevelopments in the next say 50 years than go for it instead. I would suspect that a new build would be better if viewed over those timescales which it hopefully will be.

Bishops and nuns can be told to fuck off, they might think that they will get a say but they are in no way legally entitled to it - or so is my understanding.

Personally I would say building the hospital on the current site would be great so that they can be publicly told to piss off, nobody cares about their opinions and if they have a problem that they can cry about it at Mass on Sunday where nobody with sense will hear it.

If they move it we can slap an undeveloped land tax on them or they can sell it to build apartments on where unmarried couples will move into. Benefits either way I guess
                                                              Last edited by RichieM; 25-04-17, 15:13.

Comment

see this over in the other place.

Comment

Comment

OK then, money doesn't matter does it not? So how many life saving surgeries is it worth cancelling so we can buy off the Nuns, as you would, instead of just telling them to GTFO as I would?

Comment

Correct is an adjective, correctly is an adverb. An Adverb is needed to modify a verb. 'You read it correctly.' 'Read' is the verb. 'Correctly' is the adverb. 'The boy is correct'. 'Boy' is the noun. 'Correct' is the adjective. Whether or not the noun is an object noun or not makes no difference.
                                                                      Had been saving this for Strewelly during the championship.

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        the texts in question
                                                                        https://imgur.com/ZKcHWPQ
                                                                        I don't think there's any context in which you would be happy to receive a text reply that begins with:

Both the Master and I have received and read your text sent to us at 13.47 today.
                                                                        @Kayroo, think that's big you should have seen the Jpeg that got away!

Comment

Comment

Comment

mother flat out posting sunny pics from Lanzarote driving us all nuts, she is due home tomorrow , just sent her this

Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Sending the texts was a silly mistake. Boylan had played his hand beautifully. Now he needed to stand back and let it happen and he gets what he wanted as his side has the momentum and the politicians are running scared and the Church has an all time low level of support.

By sending texts it's makes the whole thing an internal political fight etc and takes the religious order and Harris out of the spotlight. Less is more on these things.

Trying to wield the knife and still be besties with the casualties of the move is just massively naive.
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

OK then, money doesn't matter does it not? So how many life saving surgeries is it worth cancelling so we can buy off the Nuns, as you would, instead of just telling them to GTFO as I would?
                                                                                  You need to lay off the koolaid.

Don't think you get it. Why are people being presented with a take-it-or-leave-it stupid choice hospital+nuns or no hospital? A clear message needs to be sent to future decision makers not to present stupid choices.
                                                                                  LDO

Comment

Don't think you get it. Why are people being presented with a take-it-or-leave-it stupid choice hospital+nuns or no hospital? A clear message needs to be sent to future decision makers not to present stupid choices.
                                                                                    Realpolitik.
                                                                                    For centuries the Irish people , stateless as they were, paid their taxes to the church rather than the state. They in turn became an integral part of the nascent state. 79% of the population continue to self report as Catholic.

Despite the heartwarming proposals that came out of the citizens forum there is a 0% chance that a referendum that followed them would pass.

Look I agree, its insane that we are having to ask these questions but the way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.
                                                                                    Its likely that because of Brexit the status of Northern Ireland is going to be on the table in the next few years and if we are to get any sort of good result from that we must as a state transform ourselves into a country that the British people of Northern Ireland would want to be part of. Even to them it will be more important that there are adequate hospitals in place than who 'on paper' owns them. Not that the ownership question does not need to be addressed but it is far more important and invasive of everyones real lives when we talk about schools.

Comment

You need to lay off the koolaid.
                                                                                      What koolaid?
                                                                                      Its a choice as to where you put your money: property that the Nun's own, some other far more expensive and less suitable property or into hospital services.
                                                                                      Just build it and tell the church to GTFO

Comment

In other news I just successfully enrolled my kid in school. This is the 19-month old kid, who is rather impressively starting his first day of school in September right as he turns 2. Presumably they don't do much for the first year, but the key thing is our monthly cost drops from the current nanny at about €500 net a month (cost minus reimbursements) to about €200.

He can then stay in this school (in the unlikely event we were to stay here) all the way up to 18.

You'd surely have an awful sense of dread leaving the school at 18, having known nowhere else for 16 years.
                                                                                        that isn't school. school starts in maternelle petite section, and you have to be 3.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Its an organisation that has definitely mistreated babies and mothers, and very likely killed babies, being put in charge of babies. This is GUBU not realpolitik.
                                                                                              Now you are being hysterical.

We get a new hospital, the nuns get a piece of paper saying they own the building, we get to run it, the Nuns get no say whatsoever over what does or doesn't happen in the hospital.

Obv this being Ireland and Irish politics being driven by whatever the latest bit of media hype this hospital will disappear down the same hell hole of indecision, infighting and incompetence as the childrens hospital.

Good luck to all of you who will still be turning up in 10 years time to Holles street, which will still be under the ownership of the Archbishop of Dublin, 'hoping against hope'(c.2003 some FF tax dodger) that your wives and children don't need emergency treatment.

Comment

Its an organisation that has definitely mistreated babies and mothers, and very likely killed babies, being put in charge of babies. This is GUBU not realpolitik.
                                                                                                Standing up a building on their land is a far cry from allowing them to actually run the place.

The arch bishop can say whatever he wants about how he thinks it has to be run but he can be told to fuck off.

Fortunately Harris actually seems like he is young and competent enough to follow through with telling them thanks for the land now beat it. Being the politician who publicly stands up to the church will have him as leader once the old guard die off - I think he is also savy enough to realise it.

Plenty of other TD's and ministers who would have welcomed the church into the hospital to lock down a few grey votes for the next cycle.

Comment

...
                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 25-04-17, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    I'm taking one for the team in blockading future airline based holiday plans until such time as we have a child who can fasten her own seatbeat.
                                                                                                    I'm adopting the roller-coaster principle. You must be this tall to board. I think 5 is a likely age the blockade will be lifted for planes (more than one sprog will complicate things, but I'm old now so one probably all).

Aside from that, holidays with a tiny child are in no way appealing anyhow.

Comment

Realpolitik.
                                                                                                      For centuries the Irish people , stateless as they were, paid their taxes to the church rather than the state. They in turn became an integral part of the nascent state. 79% of the population continue to self report as Catholic.

Despite the heartwarming proposals that came out of the citizens forum there is a 0% chance that a referendum that followed them would pass.

Look I agree, its insane that we are having to ask these questions but the way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.
                                                                                                      Its likely that because of Brexit the status of Northern Ireland is going to be on the table in the next few years and if we are to get any sort of good result from that we must as a state transform ourselves into a country that the British people of Northern Ireland would want to be part of. Even to them it will be more important that there are adequate hospitals in place than who 'on paper' owns them. Not that the ownership question does not need to be addressed but it is far more important and invasive of everyones real lives when we talk about schools.
                                                                                                      Whatever about anything else, I very much doubt that a united Ireland will be good for most of us. It'll cost multiples of the figure you are trying to save in the maternity hospital each year.

I'd vote no anyhow, ad would lots of others, North and south, albeit for different reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        I'm adopting the roller-coaster principle. You must be this tall to board. I think 5 is a likely age the blockade will be lifted for planes (more than one sprog will complicate things, but I'm old now so one probably all).

Aside from that, holidays with a tiny child are in no way appealing anyhow.
                                                                                                        Took Mia on her first Hol when she was less than 2, she was a pleasure. paddled in the pool all day. Night time kids activity yokes by the BAR , she gets tired, climbs in buggy and just sleeps , out like a light. Drink away then till 1 or 2 am , sleeping babies , half shot parents everywhere

Shame the MCcanns didnt adopt the same rule
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

you've been gone too long dude. I was definitely in a school today. Its the toute petite section in the maternelle.
                                                                                                          wow, it changed in 2013-2014 to toute petite section. that's crazy! the previous conditions was 3 years old and potty trained.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                            Standing up a building on their land is a far cry from allowing them to actually run the place.

The arch bishop can say whatever he wants about how he thinks it has to be run but he can be told to fuck off.
                                                                                                            .
                                                                                                            Boylan made the point today that church owned property is ecclesiastical property and therefore subject to canon law. It taking precedence over state law. Four members of the nine member board are conservative catholics. They will oppose IVF, contraception, abortion services and a raft of other science based treatments. All it will take is one more board member to agree.

We can tell them to fuck off all we want.

This needs to not happen, whatever the cost. The church play a long game, we cannot involve them in any way in this just to satisfy our short term needs.
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...
                                                                                                              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 25-04-17, 17:17.

Comment

finished season 6 of homeland last night. definitely one of the best seasons

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                  Dealt with one of these ones lovely recently. Coming near the end of the M50 going over the limit myself when this one comes bombing up behind but im so close to the end i dont want to move over to facilitate a blatant speed breaker. The car loses patience and undertakes me and just to teach me zips back in quite close to me before giving me the finger.

Up ahead near the 2nd roundabout for someone who cant get somewhere fast enough she chooses a lane unwisely and I go past on the other. She must be turning right after the roundabout I thought. A little ahead on the N3 I look im my mirror and notice shes bombing up again and as luck happened theres a slow coach I spot ahead of me who i catch up with. Shes wise to the move and tries to beat me too it but its too late for her i step on it catch the slow coach thwarting her move and shadow the car at 60kph for the
                                                                                                                  remainder of the stretch with the cavalcade stacking up by half way!. Her behind me(almost on my bumper) mock laughing 'ok ok you got me good'. Felt like going on and letting her out a couple times but felt stronger that i needed to teach her a lesson when i cast my mind back to getting the middle finger and ive always been a revengous bastard so why change now. So stood firm leading the cavalcade right to the Malahide rd. She fell on her own petard!.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  You should show that to your insurance company, maybe they will lower your premiums when they see how you drive.

Comment

Love making poached eggs, it's a fine art. I get them right about 40% of the time, but when they're perfect they're worth the 60% loss. Use the vortex method.

Anyway, wife picked me up one of those poached egg makers, the pan with the four plastic bowls that you crack an egg in.

She says to me 'bought you a present earlier'

Couldn't hide the Mrs Doyle tea master 2000 look.

Father Ted's Mrs Doyle - "maybe I like the misery"Sample clip for education / humour. Content remains the property of the BBC.

Comment

Sky launch this tomorrow in Ireland , I hate it already really gonna affect my sales. I am sure you sports fans will enjoy

Watch the latest movies, tv shows, live sports and kids entertainment live and on demand. Available without a contract on loads of devices. Join today.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by SatNav; 25-04-17, 18:56.
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Probably a naive question but can the government not just buy the site through a compulsory purchase order?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          Sky launch this tomorrow in Ireland , I hate it already really gonna affect my sales. I am sure you sports fans will enjoy

http://www.nowtv.com/ie
                                                                                                                          So I can ppv the golf majors without having to sub?

Brilliant, I suggested this to a Sky rep two years ago, he probably stole my idea.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X