Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Who's on?
    The Yes side will be represented by co-director of Together For Yes, Orla O'Connor, Sinn Féin TD Mary Lou McDonald and former Master of The Maternity Hospital, Holles Street and current chair of the Institute of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Dr Peter Boylan.

On the No side, Byrne will also be chatting to Irish Catholic author and Iona Institute spokesperson Maria Steen, Fianna Fáil TD Mary Butler and obstetrician Dr John Monaghan.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
      Fiery debate so far.
      I didn't realise you were a fan of underage international football Jack.
      Did you think Corcoran was off his line for the fifth pen?

Comment

Jack
        Are they any relation to you seem to be throwing out useless facts and figures and not able to back up to much

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
          I didn't realise you were a fan of underage international football Jack.
          Did you think Corcoran was off his line for the fifth pen?
          Yes slightly but its rarely given and the yellow card was ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
            Jack
            Are they any relation to you seem to be throwing out useless facts and figures and not able to back up to much
            The FF TD just quoted my Ground C fact from earlier and Yes still hasn't responded!

Comment

It really is shocking!

Comment

Well done Brid Smith. What a great comeback to Steen's passive aggressive patronising bullshit.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Well done Brid Smith. What a great comeback to Steen's passive aggressive patronising bullshit.
                  Honestly? She is everything Yes wouldn't want to portray to the average undecided voter. Angry woman ranting. You as a firm Yes voter might think its good but think of the average person watching.

Comment

Honestly? She is everything Yes wouldn't want to portray to the average undecided voter. Angry woman ranting. You as a firm Yes voter might think its good but think of the average person watching.
                    I'm on board now with what AJ posted last week after he spoke to feminists.

This needs to won their way. Even if that means it's my daughter's generation that finally wins it.

Comment

I'm on board now with what AJ posted last week after he spoke to feminists.

This needs to won their way. Even if that means it's my daughter's generation that finally wins it.
                      Hmmm that's a very innocent view. The more angry ranting free for all abortion people Yes puts forward the worse for them, clearly their strategy should be to focus on the hard cases.

Comment

First time I agree with you . The Yes camp need to remain calm here Orla O'Connor types needed here .

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          It really is shocking!

That's sick.
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                            Anyone watched the Cobra Kai Karate kid reboot?

Seems a weird thing to do but getting good reviews on rotten tomatoes and imdb
                            Watched it. Great fun. Captures the spirit of the original film while contrasting macho 80's with the snowflake generation, equally taking the piss out of both.

Comment

Hmmm that's a very innocent view. The more angry ranting free for all abortion people Yes puts forward the worse for them, clearly their strategy should be to focus on the hard cases.
                              Well you have Mattie balancing things. What a gobshite.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                You absolute jumped up hypocrite.

YOU referenced stuff that YOU had read.

YOU were asked to provide a link to the stuff YOU read.

YOU said go have a google and knock yourself out.

YOU have the temerity to now ask for a link from somebody else.

YOU represent the very worst of human society. This has nothing got to do with the fact that you are touting the no side, but it just so happens you are doing that whilst touting for the no side. I'd guess you go drinking pints with Paul Murphy.
                                Ok thats a nice post and all (I'm sure you will get loads of thanks) but my extent to the "ordinary resident" in regard to the Electoral Act was the first few pages of Google and everything agreed it was 18 months. I didn't see the need/have the time to link every single post from the first pages of Google.

Eamonhonda could supply even the name link not required. It was asked tonight as well and there was no answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  blah blah blah - you're a hypocrite. There might be something worthwhile in what you've written, but I decided not to read it as I make a point of passing over known hypocrites and I know beyond any doubt that you are a grade A hypocrite.
                                  No problem.

Comment

This better be carried
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      This better be carried
                                      Not just because of my views but I honestly think that was a good night for No.

Comment

Not just because of my views but I honestly think that was a good night for No.
                                        I hope you are wrong. I feel the Audience has been loaded more on the NO side. Mary Lou was a bad addition A lot of people switch off when a politician speaks on the subject. She'll change nobody's mind. Still love Claire .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                          I hope you are wrong. I feel the Audience has been loaded more on the NO side. Mary Lou was a bad addition A lot of people switch off when a politician speaks on the subject. She'll change nobody's mind. Still love Claire .
                                          To be fair it did seem like No got a bit more airtime from the audience alright.

Mary Lou was the weak link alright.

Tough job for Claire!

Comment

Stats from other countries show mass abortion of healthy babies.
                                            Right, let's have them so
                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                              Right, let's have them so
                                              See my above post from earlier 180,000+ in England and Wales in 2016. (Ground C abortions).

Comment

Steen is a vile sanctimonious creep.

Comment

Is this the last debate ? The Yes side need a more balanced debate. Clearly a NO bias from Claire nd allowing Mary Lou air time was clever. Bit of a disgrace ,I was expecting a yes slam dunk. vote Yes people we are not murderers we need to trust our people especially the medical professionals .

Comment

Jeasus will ye just stop feeding the super obvious troll already.

Comment

Steen is a vile sanctimonious creep.
                                                      I strongly disagree with her but also with the above. Bit ott imo.

Comment

See my above post from earlier 180,000+ in England and Wales in 2016. (Ground C abortions).
                                                        Link?

See the thing is I do know where that number came from, and I also know that your interpretation of it is complete nonsense. Many doctors use ground C as a catch all. So where it might come under ground E or A the doctor elects to use ground C as it is simpler. In a similar fashion ground B and C are interchangeable to a certain extent save for the time limit in ground C and so, again, ground C is used far more often.

But to say any of what I have just said takes nuance and a distaste for the sensational. You want to talk about "killing babies". You want to take a harrowingly difficult choice for a woman and make it into the mass slaughter of healthy children.

The thing is, you're trying to frame the argument as if the Yes side want abortion. They don't. They want women to be free to make the choice for themselves based on the individual circumstances of their own lives.

You have previously accepted abortion in some circumstances and then when it was demonstrated that this weakened your position you changed your mind and just said you didn't actually agree with it. So Gimmeabreak is right. You are a hypocrite. Your argument style demands absolute accuracy and factual support for every statement from others and yet you constantly present your opinion as fact while dismissing positions you disagree with as being "in your opinion".

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                          Link?

See the thing is I do know where that number came from, and I also know that your interpretation of it is complete nonsense. Many doctors use ground C as a catch all. So where it might come under ground E or A the doctor elects to use ground C as it is simpler. In a similar fashion ground B and C are interchangeable to a certain extent save for the time limit in ground C and so, again, ground C is used far more often.

But to say any of what I have just said takes nuance and a distaste for the sensational. You want to talk about "killing babies". You want to take a harrowingly difficult choice for a woman and make it into the mass slaughter of healthy children.

The thing is, you're trying to frame the argument as if the Yes side want abortion. They don't. They want women to be free to make the choice for themselves based on the individual circumstances of their own lives.

You have previously accepted abortion in some circumstances and then when it was demonstrated that this weakened your position you changed your mind and just said you didn't actually agree with it. So Gimmeabreak is right. You are a hypocrite. Your argument style demands absolute accuracy and factual support for every statement from others and yet you constantly present your opinion as fact while dismissing positions you disagree with as being "in your opinion".
                                                          I actually must thank you Kayroo for that little interaction for clarifying my views as clear as they are now. As many have said over the last few weeks "my view evolved".

The link is here to all the England and Wales abortion facts and figures. https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...land-and-wales

Comment

I actually must thank you Kayroo for that little interaction for clarifying my views as clear as they are now. As many have said over the last few weeks "my view evolved"
                                                            I'm glad your views on this were so poorly thought out. I didn't change your mind though. You were trying to sound reasonable to MrsFD and when you were pushed on it your facade crumbled. It's ok, we get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Can the Football Predictions vBulletin tool handle the World Cup? Would be good to have a game going and stick a few quid in.

Anyone interested if we can work it?
                                                              ...PM sent...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

.... my extent to the "ordinary resident" in regard to the Electoral Act was the first few pages of Google and everything agreed it was 18 months..
                                                                    The 18 months is explicitly stated in the Electoral Act.
                                                                    It's the time you have to return after losing ordinarily resident status. It has nothing to do with the time it takes to lose that status. It was also never in dispute.

So, you are now now claiming that it's 18 months to lose and a further 18 months to return? Because your position last week was that you lose ordinarily resident status immediately. Or have you just contradicted yourself, yet again

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      The 18 months is explicitly stated in the Electoral Act.
                                                                      It's the time you have to return after losing ordinarily resident status. It has nothing to do with the time it takes to lose that status. It was also never in dispute.

So, you are now now claiming that it's 18 months to lose and a further 18 months to return? Because your position last week was that you lose ordinarily resident status immediately. Or have you just contradicted yourself, yet again
                                                                      Is and always has been 18 months

Comment

Jack, you must be sickened about the lose of lives, including children and an actual baby in Gaza, due to the brutal act of the Israeli forces during largely peaceful protests over the illegal act of the US in recognising Jerusalem as the Israeli capital?

Comment

In your opinion.
                                                                          Any credible proof that women whose life is at risk travelled to England for an abortion? If they were so sick how could they even travel?
                                                                          Uhm you don't need to be dying sick! As I stated. My own situation does NOT qualify me for a life saving termination. Just extra prenatal care. And since it was your very own HSE, which it turns out could have saved me 12/13 years of bother, I would NOT be looking at heart surgery later. It would have been sorted years ago.

So I would have to travel, but I am not too sick to do it.

So Jack, if we were a couple. You are basically planning to condemn me to death. Aren't I a lucky woman that we aren't? As soon as I am up the duff, you have written ME off as a person, and the tiny thing inside is more important to you? So, chances are you lose both. That sounds like a win win situation. You really do need to look outside the whole "Abortion is murder"

I believe the laws we have in place would save the women in such a case including suicidal.
                                                                          They laws that are in place are not enough. They NEED to repeal the 8th and then put things in place to structure this right.
                                                                          Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 15-05-18, 06:56.

Comment

Comment

Palestinian ambassador just gave a shout out to Mr. Pillowtalk on Pat Kenny show. Seemingly he raised a Palestinian flag above his pub.

Comment

The upmarket version of Jack had a run out on Start the week yesterday, got a very soft time being allowed play the usual stchick of 'I'm not saying what you think I'm saying', 'Just because I say something doesn't mean I want people to believe it', 'I'm only asking questions' and the classic 'I really care for my fanboi's subscribers'

Up against people like Hashi Mohamed and Lawrence Wright he is very much exposed as being not nearly as clever as he thinks he is, also showing signs of ego and truculence that has him on a trajectory towards breathing the same air as NNT.

Peterson on Start The Week
                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 15-05-18, 08:52.

Comment

Palestinian ambassador just gave a shout out to Mr. Pillowtalk on Pat Kenny show. Seemingly he raised a Palestinian flag above his pub.
                                                                                  how big is the Jewish community in Dublin? i can't imagine 5% of the population knowing what it looks like, or feeling bothered by it floating over a pub?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    Jack, you must be sickened about the lose of lives, including children and an actual baby in Gaza, due to the brutal act of the Israeli forces during largely peaceful protests over the illegal act of the US in recognising Jerusalem as the Israeli capital?
                                                                                    Hamas peaceful protests ? What idiots brought a baby to a violent protest?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Trump sent two big babies

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          About a thousand people. Jewish people != Israeli fwiw. Jewish people are amazing, Israelis are scum.
                                                                                          Jewish people are just people like anyone else, modern Zionists are scum!
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 15-05-18, 08:59. Reason: *modern

Comment

...

Comment

Think there's a decent case to be made for Jewish people (not Israelis) being better than other people. There's something about that religion that works.
                                                                                              Big picture, self imposed cultural separatism is not a good idea no matter what the supposed results

Comment

Think there's a decent case to be made for Jewish people (not Israelis) being better than other people. There's something about that religion that works.
                                                                                                No religion works, it's all crap.

Comment

About a thousand people. Jewish people != Israeli fwiw. Jewish people are amazing, Israelis are scum.
                                                                                                  yes and no. Israel/Palestine is a touchy subject for all jews, but you are 100% correct that none israeli jewish people are much sounder than Israelis.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    No religion works, it's all crap.
                                                                                                    This is what happens when people believe they have a literal god given right to land.

Or believe they are different to others (applying this to all).

It's a whole lot worse than just crap.

Comment

This is what happens when people believe they have a literal god given right to land.

Or believe they are different to others (applying this to all).

It's a whole lot worse than just crap.
                                                                                                      Indeed. Religion is a man made construct used as a means of control, oppression and greed. If it wasn't there then there would likely be a different basis for some people to use to exert authority, but religion has been the tool of choice in this regard for many centuries.

Comment

The upmarket version of Jack had a run out on Start the week yesterday, got a very soft time being allowed play the usual stchick of 'I'm not saying what you think I'm saying', 'Just because I say something doesn't mean I want people to believe it', 'I'm only asking questions' and the classic 'I really care for my fanboi's subscribers'

Up against people like Hashi Mohamed and Lawrence Wright he is very much exposed as being not nearly as clever as he thinks he is, also showing signs of ego and truculence that has him on a trajectory towards breathing the same air as NNT.

Peterson on Start The Week
                                                                                                        This is admittedly going to be a vague question - but what is the story with Taleb?

I follow him on Twitter because I've read a few articles of his that were very interesting along with Fooled By Randomless, but I haven't a breeze what he's going on about in most of his tweets.

Ego and truculence certainly seem to characterise his interactions, I know he's very sceptical about GMO foods/monsanto and seems to spend a lot of time talking about ethnicity of people in the southern Europe/Levant region, but basically I can't seem to get a handle on what he always seems to be so snarky over.

Comment

People were shot 300m from the fence. A man in a wheelchair was shot in the chest.

Go ahead though, blame the brown victims.

Comment

People were shot 300m from the fence. A man in a wheelchair was shot in the chest.

Go ahead though, blame the brown victims.
                                                                                                            Go fuck your self. The brown victims seriously?Lot of Israelis look brown does not mean there not a shower of cunts. Go over to Palestine and wave your rainbow flag bring the family sure it will be great.More martyrs for Hamas who do not care about there own people.

Comment

This is admittedly going to be a vague question - but what is the story with Taleb?

I follow him on Twitter because I've read a few articles of his that were very interesting along with Fooled By Randomless, but I haven't a breeze what he's going on about in most of his tweets.

Ego and truculence certainly seem to characterise his interactions, I know he's very sceptical about GMO foods/monsanto and seems to spend a lot of time talking about ethnicity of people in the southern Europe/Levant region, but basically I can't seem to get a handle on what he always seems to be so snarky over.
                                                                                                              I can't make head or tail of him TBH some % of the time he makes great sense and backs up his thinking but most of the time he's mad as a bag of cats picking fights with anyone and everyone who has any disagreement with him
                                                                                                              He came across extremely badly the way he behaved when taking on Roman historian Mary Beard over a bbc children's cartoon that showed a black soldier, it didn't help that he was wrong and wrongheaded from the start but he doesn't have a shovel that digs upwards.

Comment

As I mentioned in the other thread. I felt he has basically gone off the rails a tad since AntiFragile. He introduced a good concept in Fooled by Randomness with the Black Swan which was very apt in light of the GFC.
                                                                                                                However he has attempted to cross into a number of domains and has been met with both adulation and critique. I like a number of his concepts, Kahneman cites his work in Thinking Fast and Slow while Harris (refers to him as a 300lb gorilla) notes how out of his depth he was in this exchange:

He's a little like Peterson in that the fanboys swear by his work but there are certainly instances where he has been out of depth.

Comment

It was announced before that the rioters expected many to be martyred. Anyone who died was sacrificed for propoganda any children who died is awful and clearly their parents are to blame for bringing or allowing them to enter a battlezone.

Comment

Was it Karl Whelan who's mother was asking who the nasty man (Taleb) was?

Comment

Only cunce have cunty opinions.

Comment

Go fuck your self. The brown victims seriously?Lot of Israelis look brown does not mean there not a shower of cunts. Go over to Palestine and wave your rainbow flag bring the family sure it will be great.More martyrs for Hamas who do not care about there own people.
                                                                                                                        How on earth is that justification for anything?
                                                                                                                        Israel is a democracy and they have gay pride parades in Tel-Aviv. So whatever, The Palestinians can either accept their circumstances or be killed.
                                                                                                                        Palestinians have many legitimate claims for protest. Hamas and the like, inflame these and plant their men within these protests. The victory is in either a successful attack, or deaths of civilians for the west to mourn and chastise Israel over.

Israel doesn't give a fuck, it provokes the Palestinians to the point where they attack, thus finding legitimacy for their extreme reactions.

Personally, I think a two state solution is dead. Eventually the penny will drop for Palestine they will fight for a single state and Israel can continue with modern apartheid or become a secular nation.
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Now i've luckboxed a few poker tournaments in my time, but the luck continued when i bought a very nice Turntable on adverts Visonik CEC5200 , which is certainly worth the €150 i paid for it. When i did the deal he says it comes with a box of records.

Feck there is 30 albums and about 50 singles in it, some of my fav songs from the past. 3 original Ramones pressings, original abba, and a load of good stuff, beatles u2, rem. 12" of Bang on the ear (in my top 5 ever) & Whole of the moon, Sultans of Swing Live 12".

Some jaw dropping stuff. None of them are earth shattering in value but the records are easily worth €300 on their own. Anyway one more listen to Bang on the Ear.
                                                                                                                          sigpic
                                                                                                                          Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X