Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Normally they don't bother me or sway my vote, Healy Rae all da way boi but they've been particularly nasty for this referendum imo.
    What would you expect from an ass but a kick.
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      What would you expect from an ass but a kick.
      Very philosophical eamo m8

Comment

What channel is the game on?

Edit:bt 2
        Last edited by eamonhonda; 26-04-18, 18:56.
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
          Yep Protection in Life in Pregnancy Act 2013. It covers most of the extreme cases you here this stories about, the others could have been adjusted easily with a less extensive proposal. It really comes down to do you want abortion on demand or not.
          This isn’t really true. Saying anything about abortion here could be done easily is almost axiomatically untrue.

The 2013 Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act did pretty much the bare minimum to give effect to the Supreme Court decision in X v Attorney General and the A, B and C Cases. It is also an unbelievably convoluted piece of legislation. Two doctors for non-imminent risk to the mothers life, one doctor if the risk is fatal and imminent, three doctors (one obstetrician, one psychiatrist and one psychiatrist specializing in pregnancy related depression and suicide) if the woman is suicidal. Nothing about it is simple. Expanding it further would be nigh on impossible from a political or legal perspective.

Also, remember that the X Case was where the State physically restrained a woman from leaving the country to abort her rapists baby that he had left in her and which was making her suicidal having to carry it. We ended up amending the Constitution to say “ you can have abortion on demand but just not here”.

So we already have abortion on demand, we just out source it.

The real question is whether we want to stop forcing women to leave the country (if they can even afford to) in pursuit of a terribly difficult and personal choice.
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

There's also the fact that under POLDP legislation the doctors have to wait till the woman is at death's door before they can properly treat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
              This isn’t really true. Saying anything about abortion here could be done easily is almost axiomatically untrue.
              Isn't "really" true. What does that mean?

Are you telling me there was no way they could have a made a constitutional amendments that would have cleaned up the remaining few extreme cases if they wanted to? Even though similar amendments have been made before.

The "easily" part is that the referendum would have passed easily in such a case and the vast majority of the extreme cases would have been solved.

The 2013 Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act did pretty much the bare minimum to give effect to the Supreme Court decision in X v Attorney General and the A, B and C Cases. It is also an unbelievably convoluted piece of legislation. Two doctors for non-imminent risk to the mothers life, one doctor if the risk is fatal and imminent, three doctors (one obstetrician, one psychiatrist and one psychiatrist specializing in pregnancy related depression and suicide) if the woman is suicidal. Nothing about it is simple. Expanding it further would be nigh on impossible from a political or legal perspective.
              That all actually seems quite prudent, I will concede three seems a bit much in the cases of suicide but this could be adjusted in the legislation anyway.

Also, remember that the X Case was where the State physically restrained a woman from leaving the country to abort her rapists baby that he had left in her and which was making her suicidal having to carry it. We ended up amending the Constitution to say “ you can have abortion on demand but just not here”.
              There was never a provision in Article 40.3.3 which stopped a woman getting an abortion in Ireland when suicidal as held by the Supreme Court in that case. Irish people twice rejected a proposal to insert such a clause so I am not sure what your point is.

Comment

Pardon me Jack I may have taken you up wrong - when you referenced the 2013 Act I assumed you meant that it was by legislation, not different amendment of the Constitution, that things could be altered. To that extent we are at cross purposes.

However the issue of changing the 8th to something else has been roundly rejected as totally unworkable. 34 years ago the then Attorney General pointed out how utterly terrible an idea it was to put something like this into the Constitution. Replacing it with another clause just repeats the same idiotic mistake.

As for your point about the X Case - the problem was that the AG at the time thought it legally justifiable (as did the High Court) to restrain the girl from traveling. The stupid ambiguity caused by the 8th was responsible for that position.

Comment

34 years ago the then Attorney General pointed out how utterly terrible an idea it was to put something like this into the Constitution. Replacing it with another clause just repeats the same idiotic mistake.
                  Peter Sutherland, known by some as the Irish George Soros, not exactly an unbiased view.

As for your point about the X Case - the problem was that the AG at the time thought it legally justifiable (as did the High Court) to restrain the girl from traveling. The stupid ambiguity caused by the 8th was responsible for that position.
                  Wasn't exactly a great AG overall was he.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Didn't take long to get to the ad hominens.

Ferrari would be proud of that acceleration.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Proper beat.
                          Brought out the wife for a rare date night.
                          Dinner and movie.
                          Arrive.. Go to atm, card swallowed after transaction of 200 goes through but doesn't deliver.
                          Ah well, avenger time
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            There's also the fact that under POLDP legislation the doctors have to wait till the woman is at death's door before they can properly treat them.
                            I was sterilised during my c/section with Aimee because it was deemed unsafe to carry another child due to my heart. That was before the heart issue that I am currently under investigation was discovered.

If it failed, I got pregnant, all I would get is "extra" care. But, the fact that myself and my daughter were let down by the HSE with our hearts, how could I trust that I would survive a pregnancy with a hole in my heart tht is a problem when pregnant and my now ST depression upsloping thing they are talking about?

There is a high risk of me dying and leaving my kids without a mother and this law would not be able to help me as I am not at deaths door. It's a fucking disgrace!

Comment

Comment

Peter Sutherland, known by some as the Irish George Soros, not exactly an unbiased view
                                He was right. He was literally right about every element of how perverse the 8th would be. But by all means, attack the man rather than the point.

Wasn't exactly a great AG overall was he.
                                Different AG. Was trapped in an unenviable position because the Gardai informed him that X was going to leave the country. The law was what wasn’t great overall. A High Court Judge agreed with him before the Supreme Court (4 to 1) overturned it. But by all means, attack the man rather than the point.

Comment

He was right. He was literally right about every element of how perverse the 8th would be. But by all means, attack the man rather than the point.

Different AG. Was trapped in an unenviable position because the Gardai informed him that X was going to leave the country. The law was what wasn’t great overall. A High Court Judge agreed with him before the Supreme Court (4 to 1) overturned it. But by all means, attack the man rather than the point.
                                  I know he was different and his record isn't stellar.

Comment

Not many people have a Top Ten AGs list.

I bet Kayroo has been waiting for this for years.

Comment

Peter Sutherland, known by some as the Irish George Soros,
                                      WP Rigger, I knew you could still be funny.
                                      You can come out now the games up and you aren't going to be able to top that one
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Harry Whelehan, obv

Comment

Grand.

Sutherland was right. The 8th is a mess and has to go. Neither of those things have changed because Harry Whelehan wasn't Cicero reborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Not many people have a Top Ten AGs list.

I bet Kayroo has been waiting for this for years.
                                            It's actually AsG but, you know, whatever...
                                            Last edited by Kayroo; 26-04-18, 21:20.

Comment

Comment

It's actually AsG but, you know, whatever...
                                                The mods can see that wayward apostrophe you know.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Watching possibly the worst show ever made: America's Worst Chefs - Celebrity Edition. On Netflix. But has The Situation competing and he's quite entertaining. Had never actually seen him in anything before.
                                                  Was he plugging Music King?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Hey Bob hows it going? did you have enough feed to get your stock through the winter?
                                                    Hey! Yeah i still have a biit left. Feeding the neighbours cattle too with the last few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                      My dream of a plane crashing while overtaking a motorbike was way more craic.
                                                      Just noticed your post count Laz and after a quick look and questionable maths this was number 10,000 (I think). Not bad in fairness.

Could be this one also which kinda sucks.

Finally the golf on a big screen.

Ye gotta love the British taxpayer.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                        Just noticed your post count Laz and after a quick look and questionable maths this was number 10,000 (I think). Not bad in fairness.

Could be this one also which kinda sucks.
                                                        Hahaha, I didn't even notice.

Used to be boob pics were the norm.

Comment

Hahaha, I didn't even notice.

Used to be boob pics were the norm.
                                                          In instances like this aftertiming is permitted.....

Comment

I was never into milestone posts for some reason but I did plan to do a ten year anniversary post for Feb '16, looking back over some of the madness of my time here (and boards). Was thinking of it from about November but we lost the baby at the start of Feb so my mind was elsewhere.

12 years here, holy moly.

Googling poker in Ireland in Feb 2006 and stumbling on the boards poker forum has been one of the most far reaching random decisions I've made in my life. Made a man of me.

Comment

Just in case anyone still thinks the BBC is an unbiased source http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43913798

Comment

I was never into milestone posts for some reason but I did plan to do a ten year anniversary post for Feb '16, looking back over some of the madness of my time here (and boards). Was thinking of it from about November but we lost the baby at the start of Feb so my mind was elsewhere.

12 years here, holy moly.

Googling poker in Ireland in Feb 2006 and stumbling on the boards poker forum has been one of the most far reaching random decisions I've made in my life. Made a man of me.
                                                                Did similar years ago and the only people that know I'm a mess are people on here. Made a clown of me. So I did.

iPoker Must Die.

Comment

Just in case anyone still thinks the BBC is an unbiased source http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43913798
                                                                  Did your first love break up with you or something? Is it the steroids that melted your brain? What's your deal?

If you were Muslim you'd of randomly blown yourself to bits in a small crowd in Turkey by now.

You're a clown.

Comment

ah fck! Thats a proper beat. Although Avengers is great according to wife who went yesterday
                                                                    made for some hearty lols on my side as the wife complained about the price of popcorn and sweets
                                                                    Gobshites in the bank redoing a fire alarm tripped something and came out playing the who me?
                                                                    I'm not too stressed about it, not yet anyway. I guess the inconvenience hasnt hit me yet. Hopefully will be able to get to it tomorrow
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

The mods can see that wayward apostrophe you know.
                                                                      confirmed.
                                                                      For shame

Comment

fox make him look so much better

Comment

Always thought that sending your DNA off to a commercial website was a bit dodgy

Genealogy websites led police to 'Golden State Killer'

Comment

Getting back into stock investing.

Mostly my portfolio is boringly full of ETFs but I have adopted a fallen angel approach to individual stocks.

Nokia and Deutsche Bank being the two biggest but AIB and Volkswagen could possibly count too. Soar my broken angels!

Comment

Getting back into stock investing.

Mostly my portfolio is boringly full of ETFs but I have adopted a fallen angel approach to individual stocks.

Nokia and Deutsche Bank being the two biggest but AIB and Volkswagen could possibly count too. Soar my broken angels!
                                                                              Jesus!

Comment

It’s the 117th of January today. Hopefully this long winter will end soon. Tuesday is fecking May, and me in a jumper.

Anyone watch ‘The truth about obesity’ on BBC yesterday. Interesting way to lose weight, eat the same as normal but at the right times. Will try that so.

Another trick to get a more realistic view of your BMI was to get a string measurement of your height, cut it in half and f it doesn’t reach around your belly button you are in the danger/obese bracket. BMI obviously doesn’t count muscle so this is supposed to be a better indicator of fat as opposed to weight.

Anyway I’m not morbidly obese like the BMI says I’m just obese according to the string. String theory

Comment

Its not a news report, would ya ever get a grip
                                                                                  And here is how Fox sycophants reacted to the debacle of a spoiled manchild ranting like a blithering idiot.

Comment

Is MDoug still alive? What is the latest on his beef with Dobby?

These are things I wonder about when Fridays are quiet for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                      It’s the 117th of January today. Hopefully this long winter will end soon. Tuesday is fecking May, and me in a jumper.

Anyone watch ‘The truth about obesity’ on BBC yesterday. Interesting way to lose weight, eat the same as normal but at the right times. Will try that so.
                                                                                      Look up intermittent fasting, it's called breakfast for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                        Jesus!
                                                                                        Just trying to induce the sympathy bill-split in Shanahans.

Comment

Getting some work done in the house over the next while and looking to take down all the wallpaper in the sitting room/front room/hall stairs & landing/two bedrooms upstairs (I'll be doing the wallpaper removal) to get it all skimmed and painted how much would I be looking at?
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                            Getting some work done in the house over the next while and looking to take down all the wallpaper in the sitting room/front room/hall stairs & landing/two bedrooms upstairs (I'll be doing the wallpaper removal) to get it all skimmed and painted how much would I be looking at?
                                                                                            Zero! Get scraping.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                              Archipelago is another great word. Had to look it up the other day when I was looking into Malta. Knew I should have known what it was but no.
                                                                                              Never been but still not sure what to make of Malta but heard a lot of good words for it but mainly by people who are living there so you cant make too much of that. Because its like buying a car your not mad about and people are asking you ''Is it nice is it nice?'' but because youve invested so much you cant be telling them the full truth.

Looking at it from a high on google maps it looks almost vulnerable, cast out in the middle of the ocean. And im kinda nervous of those north Africans, looking at the map its like they are waiting in the long grass for the inevitable attack when nobodys looking.

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                                              Been to Malta a bunch of times for work/pleasure and have always found it to be a great little spot, would highly recommend it to people.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              fox make him look so much better
                                                                                              That Trump Fox & Friends piece was an absolute shit show, they had to cut him off at the end they cut off the President of the United States state propaganda channel cut him off because he was ranting/raving absolutely disastrous, not surprising form a calamity filled administration. Can only imagine what kinda rambling he would do if/when he sits down with the special counsel.

Zero! Get scraping.
                                                                                              I've no interest in trying to skim the walls I'd rather get a professional to do that.

Comment

These two things might not be unrelated

Comment

That woman really is whipping you into shape

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    That woman really is whipping you into shape
                                                                                                    Yeah probably, so how much do you reckon?

Comment

whole lot skimmed and painted?
                                                                                                      gut if a grand I'd say, if not more

Comment

how expensive is malta tony/mrsFD ? also any live stuff coming up soon there ? will be mostly on the coast here in croatia for summer but if the weather is still decent there in winter i might go there for a few months, also if anyone has not been to croatia or is thinking about it for holiday this year i recommend it 100%

Comment

For a woman?

Lifetime sunk cost: ~2 million.

Note that depreciation can be quite steep in the later stages.

Comment

Honestly dont know. Depends how much work to be done before painting.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Hitch you cost me 20 euro on the next head of the central bank. This pharma thing better work . Going in for the ton.

Comment

Whats the Nokia story you are envisaging btw? Thought even their network stuff was a bit of an ancient dud at this stage?
                                                                                                                    Remember vinyl? Same market .

Comment

...

Comment

Heard a story about a lad who got a few quotes for a painting job on a rental a few weeks ago.
                                                                                                                        Lowest quote was 400 from a pair of scrots who he said he wouldn't let near the job. He showed the 400 quote to two Eastern European lads who had wanted 600 but he had used before and knew did good work. They said and I quote "if you want it done for 400 we can do it".
                                                                                                                        Yer man came in when the job was done and sure the walls were painted with cheap paint but all the light switches and skirtings etc were destroyed with paint. The boys just looked at him and said "on 400 job you don't get masking tape"

Comment

Won a preview to this the other day in the Lighthouse and it's not released for another month I believe, it's an incredibly beautiful movie if you get the chance to see it when it's out I'd recommend you get to it.

The Breadwinner Trailer #1 (2017): Check out the new trailer starring Saara Chaudry, Laara Sadiq, Shaista Latif! Be the first to watch, comment, and share In...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X