Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    The inability to walk.
    You'll fit in nicely with the audience so

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      Thierry Henry next arsenal manager
      Not a hope of this happening.

Comment

If an Irish citizen wants to go to the trouble of flying in to exercise their vote, let em imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
          Well hopefully there will be enforcement of the law, people tweeting home to vote who have been outside the State for more than 18 months or outside the State without the intention to return in 18 months should be prosecuted.
          People are free to tweet whatever they like about #hometovote, regardless of how long they've been outside the state.

Last edited by Mellor; 20-04-18, 13:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
            I first heard that word from yer Da.
            I'm still chortling at this two hours later - very good

Comment

Found Molly's Game to be a most enjoyable way to pass a couple of hours. The actress playing the lead role whose name escapes me is a mighty operator.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                Never mind all those, watch The Phantom Thread. Finest movie of the decade.
                Sausages

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  He was being dead serious!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    My phone has never sent me a news notification ever, yet this was somehow important enough to send to me, someone who doesn't give a shit about football. I'm not scared of google yet.
                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    I got one about a new Sting album today, slightly more likely that I would be interested in Wegner tbh
                    I got one about James Comey today, about 50 minutes after the postman delivered his book.
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Van Morrison playing The Point the night of the marathon.

Fml.
                      Don't think I go to see him even if I was paid to. Any clip I've seen of him in the last decade reminds me of a cabaret band from the 1980's.
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Best place to pick up a pair of golf shoes in Dublin city centre? Tried McGuirks in Dundrum but their selection was limited.
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

It's true . Eddie loved that word back in the 90s 1st time I heard it. I sometimes use it when I'm at da murders. She knows what it means and we confuse the siblings.

Comment

Lifeventure still the best lightweight travel towel?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                              Best place to pick up a pair of golf shoes in Dublin city centre? Tried McGuirks in Dundrum but their selection was limited.
                              Heatons out by Kilternan turn off. Closing down sale and cheap golf shoes upstairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                He was being dead serious!

Comment

It's true . Eddie loved that word back in the 90s 1st time I heard it. I sometimes use it when I'm at da murders. She knows what it means and we confuse the siblings.
                                  I'm obviously out of the loop with this, presumed there was at least an element of it getting at "I heard 'ask your ma tic' from your da"!

Comment

I have bought most stuff online but of any store I've always preferred American Golf in Tallaght

Maybe that Sports Direct near the Ilac centre?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                      Don't think I go to see him even if I was paid to. Any clip I've seen of him in the last decade reminds me of a cabaret band from the 1980's.
                                      Would be in the same boat. Been listening to a fair bit of Van recently but having seen some live videos, I can't see myself being willing to pay

On the subject, got pointed in the direction of Inarticulate Speech of the Heart recently, not one of his better known albums but it's great
                                      Last edited by Ed; 20-04-18, 14:23.

Comment

Sports direct might be worth looking, they have a good selection of them on their online store anyway
                                        airport, lol

Comment

I'm obviously out of the loop with this, presumed there was at least an element of it getting at "I heard 'ask your ma tic' from your da"!
                                          If only my other obtuse posts were considered to this level I might make traction with my bucket list desire to be loved by the wolf pack.

Comment

That home to vote campaign which got alot of people to vote illegally?
                                            Sorry I missed this one. Where is the report, investigation or reputable determination that there was a large scale illegal vote during the last referendum as you suggest?
                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

If this thing doesn't pass, the "Stop Shaming Women" posters are 100% responsible
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I think Music King may be my single greatest creation. There's definitely a multi million dollar website/app potential in that.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                  Sorry I missed this one. Where is the report, investigation or reputable determination that there was a large scale illegal vote during the last referendum as you suggest?
                                                  Just because there was no investigation or report doesn't mean there was no crime committed.

Comment

To add to the terrible poster stakes, my cycle home featured a new one from People before profit, it appeared to be a big pink square with writing underneath that no one in transit could possibly read

Comment

I see that repeal mural in temple bar has to be removed because its voilating the charity status of the operator.

Comment

We are repeal addicts in this country, it will coast through . Even a fart like myself wants to move on to the next stage. Will fight anything that moves us to a uk style model though. Will make my own poster with art n stuff

12 weeks , line drawn, vote Yes .

Comment

...Someone can wake Avici up now, it's all over...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            Due to mental health (with lowercase 'mental', absolute exhaustion would be a better term) issues, I've had to take today off and wondering which of the following movies to watch that might lift my mood:

Justice League
                                                            Mollys Game
                                                            The Disaster Artist
                                                            The Greatest Showman
                                                            The Lure
                                                            The Square

Anyone have a recommendation?
                                                            Watched the greatest showman. Was dreading it being a musical a wonderful film high Hackman is some performer was a round of applause in cinema after it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              If this thing doesn't pass, the "Stop Shaming Women" posters are 100% responsible
                                                              Are the government parties going to bother campaigning for a yes vote?
                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                Are the government parties going to bother campaigning for a yes vote?
                                                                Doesn't really make sense for them to, they're busto and possible election soon.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                  ...Someone can wake Avici up now, it's all over...
                                                                  Jesus. Did seem like he was working himself to death but still wasn't expecting that.

Comment

There's nothing quite like walking down Harcourt St at 8PM and seeing two girls squatting down a lane way side by side having a piss chatting away.

Really gives you that Friday feeling...

Comment

Van Morrison playing The Point the night of the marathon.

Fml.
                                                                      So accommodation will be even more astronomical.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Some born again Christian cunt oul wan who knows what my wife went through has sent her graphic pictures of bloodied dead babies by pm on Facebook.

My wife shared a repeal post.

I'm fucking boiling here. Some neighbour of her mother.
                                                                        My wife is fine with it, was laughing at it and pitying her. Won't let me say anything. She's way stronger than I am.

Wtf is wrong with these cunts.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                          I've a spare to the Rugby tomorrow if anybody fancies coming along, you'll be sitting next to me though!
                                                                          Have my own tix (be there with young lad) but picture me smoking a cigar Hannibal-style and saying "I love it when a plan comes together" as my long-range plotting of Bilbao solidifies to a Leinster- Munster final over the course of this weekend.

Mwahahahaha
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Horatio says hello and is in good form.

Has lost 24lb which I didn't think was there for the losing.

Comment

Some born again Christian cunt oul wan who knows what my wife went through has sent her graphic pictures of bloodied dead babies by pm on Facebook.

My wife is fine with it, was laughing at it and pitying her. Won't let me say anything. She's way stronger than I am.

Posted this song here a few weeks ago and ever since it just springs to mind when I read/hear about fuckers like that:

Comment

...That's disgusting...This is one time i would be ignoring your wife tbh...Cunt...

Comment

Got Netflix this week via Virgin Media.

Very jumpy, poor picture quality, jumping in and out. What do I do?

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      Horatio says hello and is in good form.

Has lost 24lb which I didn't think was there for the losing.
                                                                                      I am so relieved!!! lol
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

24 hours in Bologna followed by 48 in Florence next week.
                                                                                        First timer, any must do's or avoids?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          Got Netflix this week via Virgin Media.

Very jumpy, poor picture quality, jumping in and out. What do I do?
                                                                                          Also have netflix on Virgin and never have any problems. Turn your wifi off and on again

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            My favourite gelato spot in Florence, worth a visit

La Gelateria Santa Trinita, ubicata nello storico Palazzo Frescobaldi e proprio di fronte al ponte Santa Trinita, nasce nel marzo 2008 con l’intenzione di proporre un prodotto qualitativamente superiore nel pieno centro storico di Firenze.

Comment

Eat a Bistecca alla Fiorentina. That should keep you fed for the duration.

Don't bother with that David statue.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                Also have netflix on Virgin and never have any problems. Turn your wifi off and on again
                                                                                                His neighbours on each side think the wifi is terrible slow as well, but sure at least it's free.

Comment

good pair of shoes and just inhale Florence, stunning city.

Comment

Just wander around Florence. It's all incredible in terms of its architecture (assuming you're into that sort of thing). Any church you can wander into will be incredible in its own right. It's really a fabulous place and one that would be spoiled imo by rushing to get to specific spots.
                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

This is their last stand. This is the one they're going all out for because if they lose their influence on society will be gone bar their own existences on this earth. And they damn well know it.

I want the Yes side to put up attack posters all over the city; I'd love someone to call David Quinn a miserable cunt to his face on TV for my enjoyment. But it's okay, it's alright. The polls are in our favour. Just have to hope the next four weeks passes as quickly as possible - the polls are in our favour.
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Be prepared for a massive amount of tourists as well. We walked up the hill to see sunset overlooking the river. was a really nice view.

Comment

McDonald's in Italy do a burger with egg bacon and cheese. They also do cheesey bacon chips m8.

Comment

Doing this same trip with MrsF, followed by 24 hours in Rome in June, so will be looking back on this (and your TR) in a few weeks time!

Speaking of TR, I got back a couple of days from a 10-day company trip to Cancun, and it was pretty awesome. The travelling to and from was torture, but the bits in between made up for it.

Stayed in this all-inclusive resort, so we had a choice of 9 restaurants and 7 bars (all but 1 of each was free) so didn't go hungry at all and had a great selection of grub. Minibar and room service was also free, so proper piggery while there and have a few extra lbs to shift

Plenty of excursions to different ruins and sites, plus snorkelling, zip-lines and all sorts of winter sports thrown in. I was asked to organise a poker tournament while there, so i gave the resort a list of stuff i needed, and they kitted a room out well. 20 players turned up and i managed to put on a decent gig that JP would have been proud of!

2 days of work thrown into the mix, but i'll take that any day of the week! 45 of us made the trip from the office in Malta, and another ~20 remote workers joined us there. A great bunch of guys to hang out with, and no expense spared from the owners. Cost about €25k alone for us all to get vaccinations!

Of all the places in the resort, i think my favourite spot was the main pool, which had a fantastically situated bar in the middle of the pool serving ice cold cocktails on tap from early in the morning to late at night!

SPOILER

Despite about 16 murders in Cancun while i was over there, and various phone calls checking on my safety, i didn't see as much as a scuffle within the vicinity of the resort.

Heading to Dublin for a few days on Monday and going to take in the new €60 Triple Chance game in the Fitz on Tuesday, so if anyone is going, hit me up for a beer pre-tournament

Comment

Buddy, I love ya, but you have to stop letting the mindset of morons get to you. It's a different language. The same person would fall into a puddle watching an x factor montage of a wannabe whose cat died or a Britain's got talent shadow show. They don't think like you or me. And it'll drive you fucking bananas trying to make them.
                                                                                                              It's not about the law nor about real actual experience. It's an idea of unpleasantness backed up with moral righteousness that falls apart if they examine examine it. But they won't and the ring lies the rub
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                McDonald's in Italy do a burger with egg bacon and cheese. They also do cheesey bacon chips m8.
                                                                                                                Cheesy bacon chips also are done in lanzarote. Fucking ads for them everywhere
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

We are repeal addicts in this country, it will coast through . Even a fart like myself wants to move on to the next stage. Will fight anything that moves us to a uk style model though. Will make my own poster with art n stuff

12 weeks , line drawn, vote Yes .
                                                                                                                  You will never have the direct ability to draw a line again if your comfortable with that do as you please.

Comment

Just because there was no investigation or report doesn't mean there was no crime committed.
                                                                                                                    Just the way you stated it as an absolute fact, I assumed there was some basis for it. Other than personal views.

So, just to be clear, you think there was electoral crime committed but you have no proof and are just basing it on people who came home to vote, as they are legally entitled to do. Cool.
                                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I think the repeals campaign biggest problem is that this is an unsexy referendum. Thus, only people who are extremely passionate about it are out trying to win votes. Its a grown up vote, and it appears a portion of the country can't make a grown up choice.
                                                                                                                          As unpalatable as it may be the message the repeal side should be sending out is the hardship cases: risk to mothers life, carrying babies to term that will die, rape etc. They need to go so heavy on that. Not so much on the feminist message. Even here you can see that the current respect women platform rankles some. It's not something that will convince an undecided. People are dumb, give them the emotional kick not the intellectual one.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X