Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      13 hours from now we touch down in Faro (the family coming over from Ireland). 13 very painful hours involving a metro, two trains, two taxis, a bus, a plane. The kids, you can see, are already preparing their are-we-there-yets.
      Amateur.

Left the house yesterday morning at 7.30. Still haven't arrived yet.

Galway Dublin drive first thing, flight to Helsinki, drive to friends for dinner and drinks, overnight train to Lapland, Santa park visit for the afternoon and now 2 hour drive to Yllas.

Kids are 5 and 4 and coped well. Snoozing now on be drive. Wife is driving as my broken hand hasn't healed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
        Denny has me on ignore.

the prick.
        You're only half right!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
          Im going to do a pre xmas turkey, never cooked one on a BBQ before.
          Serious deja vu with this post. I either saw something on tv or was talking to somebody recently and she was saying she always does turkey on the BBQ and it always turns out great but her family won't let her do it for Christmas incase it goes tits up and they have no dinner. No idea who/where I was when this conversation happened though.

Anyhow, trip report on your efforts, pics, etc?

Comment

I've done in on the BGE the last 5 years. Always turns out well. Seems to cook a lot faster than the book figures though.

Comment

Comment

Does anyone actually like turkey? I appreciate that my family don't buy into that Christmas conspiracy created by turkey father's

Comment

Cook the bird upside down. All the juices flow to the breast etc. Overheard in Dublin yesterday.

Dunno myself I just love the sambos with brown sauce next day.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    What’s the deal with all the feel good stories about the 2 old lads getting married purely for tax evasion purposes? (as the freely say themselves). Would revenue not be all over that? (Then again seeing pictures and interviews have a feeling they are full of shit and it’s an actual genuine marriage)
                    Its a bit of a joke. The dribblers who say these two lads are "legends" will be the same who complain in the comments on thejournal.ie whenever a multinational legitimately claim any sort of allowance or charge against Irish tax.

In any event, they've publicly declared that they're only getting married to avoid tax which could make a challenge under our anti-tax avoidance rules pretty straightforward for Revenue, if they decided to pursue it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                      What’s the deal with all the feel good stories about the 2 old lads getting married purely for tax evasion purposes? (as the freely say themselves). Would revenue not be all over that? (Then again seeing pictures and interviews have a feeling they are full of shit and it’s an actual genuine marriage)
                      Marrying for fiscal rather romantic reasons, hardly a first I would say.

Wanting you best friend to have all your possessions when you die, even if they are not banging it is type of love. More love than I have seen in quite a few bitter marriages.

Bit sentimental during the Christmas time apparently, will have to make sure I get back to being a bollix before I go back in the new year

Comment

I've always thought that it makes sense that any group of people who decide to pool resources should be able to qualify as a family.
                        As for those lads, they'll have no problems convincing the taxman
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ever suddenly notice that your remote controls are disgustingly dirty? Just been through 10 q-tips cleaning 3 of the 4 most used.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Also, is it ok to put dead birds in your domestic rubbish bin? The feral cats have suddenly become adept hunter/killers, and I hate digging. A magpie yesterday. Pigeon 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                              Also, is it ok to put dead birds in your domestic rubbish bin? The feral cats have suddenly become adept hunter/killers, and I hate digging. A magpie yesterday. Pigeon 2 weeks ago.
                              How are they doing? Did you get them neutered?
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                How are they doing? Did you get them neutered?
                                No I've done nothing with them. Only started feeding them again about 2 months ago as they were looking a bit the worse for wear.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                  Brown bread bin obv.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                    Did you get them neutered?
                                    I did investigate this option btw. As far as I could discover the DSPCA will loan you a live trap, and then it's up to yourself to trap the cat and transport it up to them. And it's about €100 a pop to have them seen to. Wouldn't mind the €100 but I have a minor problem with trapping them myself, and a major one with transporting them to the DSPCA.

Comment

Music is sex sometimes....

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Sex is music sometimes
                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Oh yeah...

Noticed there were mainly just live recordings so i uploaded the original.Enjoy.

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                              https://youtu.be/_hMwdGp99Aw

Sex is music sometimes
                                              that song. Was a great one for the ware at the teenage disco slow set.

Comment

So that's where Pilooski borrowed that beat, few bpm shy but it's it I think...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Staying with the French theme

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    So that's where Pilooski borrowed that beat, few bpm shy but it's it I think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twosYtSu6ZU
                                                    Savage.

I played French kiss in the UCD bar on the decks one afternoon.

Barman shut me down half way through the climax

Comment

Comment

Have to do a bit of dinner eating and that, will be back shortly to the kitchen for more prep stuff where I can give that an ear.

Comment

Mourinho interview should be fun

Comment

Enjoyed that bro

Comment

Wouldn't have thought of 'Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick' as a christmas song, though 'two fat persons, click click click' wow

Order “Hit Me! The Best Of” by Ian Dury here: https://iandury.lnk.to/HitMeBestOfyv “Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick” reached number 1 in the UK singles chart i...

Comment

Duvet cover on in less than a minute.

Back down the deep dark hole of French music on you tube

Comment

Official Video for "The Fool" by Jain - https://JAIN.lnk.to/THEFOOLMERCH“The fool, this tightrope walker who walks towards his future. With each of his steps...

Comment

Dublin is mighty once all the culchies clear out of it tbf
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If you go away.

Emotional

Comment

Is Jean-Claude Vannier on your playlist? He's my most recent French weirdo crush.

"Les gardes volent au secours du roi" from Jean-Claude Vannier's excellent 1972 album L'enfant assassin des mouches. Available on CD All rights reserved by t...

Comment

Don't forget Air or Sebastian Tellier another wonderfully weird Frenchmen

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                            Is Jean-Claude Vannier on your playlist? He's my most recent French weirdo crush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwDAw5pMWvE
                                                                            Was half was through a daft punk essential mix from 1997.

Will give Jean Claude a spin after.

Remember being at a Felix De Houscat gig in the red box and Etienne De Crecy warmed up for him. One of the best sets I ever heard.
                                                                            Last edited by elbows; 24-12-17, 00:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                              Don't forget Air or Sebastian Tellier another wonderfully weird Frenchmen
                                                                              Had forgotten Air completely. Probably have Safari Moon on Vinyl. Must have a root

Comment

Had forgotten Air completely. Probably have Safari Moon on Vinyl. Must have a root
                                                                                Moon Safari? Great album. They disappointed in the Olympia last time I saw them.

Comment

Moon Safari? Great album. They disappointed in the Olympia last time I saw them.
                                                                                  Moon safari (wine makes my memory reverse things)

Comment

Moved onto Michel Gondry music videos.

Some cracking videos and tunes.

Let forever be is such a good video.

Comment

Love this,he’s big in France apparently,great lyrics

Comment

Was half was through a daft punk essential mix from 1997.

Will give Jean Claude a spin after.

Remember being at a Felix De Houscat gig in the red box and Etienne De Crecy warmed up for him. One of the best sets I ever heard.
                                                                                        The French often get a bum steer but Vannier is an orchestral genius.

I'm not a massive fan of the French house sound TBH though i did interview one of Air once on their Talkie Walkie tour and love that album.
                                                                                        Last edited by BennyHiFi; 24-12-17, 00:39.

Comment

jackie chan vs gerry adams
                                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                            jackie chan vs gerry adams
                                                                                            Just finished, I enjoyed.

Comment

Yeah thought it was a grand flick. Sure how could you not like Jackie Chan, Gerry Adams misunderstood gentleman too

Comment

Gentleman bombers
                                                                                                "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                                  Gentleman bombers
                                                                                                  Man of the people

Comment

Jurry adums is sownd so he is.

Comment

Quietest Sat night in the SE in living memory (enlivened only by the ghosts of Christmas Past).
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        Does anyone actually like turkey? I appreciate that my family don't buy into that Christmas conspiracy created by turkey father's
                                                                                                        I actually love it to the point that I resent Christmas for monopolising it.

Comment

On another note, we couldn't get the job done on that house. Vendors distrusted the idea of a first time buyer with a mortgage to the extent that they took an offer €4000 lower rather than soil themselves dealing with the likes of me.

I guess I should pretend to be a 'cash buyer' next time.

Comment

Buy this gaf

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                              Class place but the new commute would be a killer!

Comment

...Beat...Was suppose to be heading for food and drinks with a mate at 15:00, it's now just drinks at 19:00...

...Brag...Just downloaded 1st episode of Peaky Blinders Season 4, so gonna binge watch the hell out of it...

...Wondering- How much does it link into season 3?...I haven't seen it in 6/7 months and can't 100% remember how it finished...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                  ...Wondering- How much does it link into season 3?...I haven't seen it in 6/7 months and can't 100% remember how it finished...
                                                                                                                  I had the experience of watching it with next to no clue about how the previous season finished either. Had to look it up online. But I'm used to that experience with shows.

I have just started watching Knightfall about Templar knights in the 14th Century, and Dark - a German supernatural type thriller which seems a little similar to the Swedish series Jordskott (though I'm only one episode in).

Comment

Was this their gig a few years back or more recent?

I was at the gig a few years back and thought it was savage albeit, I was absolutely stoned off my box.

Myself and a few of the lads got a big bag of weed and smoked all the joints before we went in plus we topped ourselves up at the half time interval.

After the gig, one of the lads missus, got us into the bar in the Olympia for post gig drinks. I think the lads from Air dropped in for a bit but that is all a bit hazy as we just stood in the corner like the bunch of gibbering messes that we were.

I do remember that at some point we saw a few people one of the lads knew from work so we had to try go talk to them as it would have been very weird to just blank them. We totally psyched ourselves up to leave our corner to go talk to them but it lasted about 10 seconds as I fell over a bin about two foot from me and one of the lads fell over me on the ground wrestling with the bin. We scurried straight back to our corner and stayed there for the rest of the night, paranoid as fuck.

Moon Safari has to be one of my all time favourite albums. It came out just before I went to Oz for the first time and was pretty much our sound track to the entire holiday. We thought we were the absolute shizzle cruising down the great ocean road with it blaring out of the car.

Comment

Was this time last year myself and a mate binked big in a syndicate that would see us going on an all inclusive trip to Houston for the Superbowl.

Let's hope a repeat begins this eve.

Rams -6 Dallas -4 double.
                                                                                                                      Freeman Zeek Gurley trixee and singles.
                                                                                                                      Zeek 2 or more TDs.

Rams to win NFC 4/1.

Comment

Dark is very good, I hear there are a lot of very good Swedish tv series, which has led to a friend starting to pick up some swedish from binging alone.

I'm watching a time travel anime series, first half is a weird kinda comedy second half is a mystery series, called steins gate, only made it through the first episode the first time around but this time I love it. Particularly the second half.

One of my favourite series is a time travel anime called erased.

A 29 year old man lives a quiet and peaceful life working at a pizza place when he is experiencing a strange phenomenon he calls 'Revival'. When 'Revival' happens, Satoru Fujinuma is brought back up to 5 minutes in the past where he must prevent a tragedy from happening, like an accident. One day, he gets falsely accused of murder and the phenomenon occurs but this time, he gets back 18 years in the past which is during his middle school period. With the mind of a 29 years old adult and the body of a child, he needs to find out what he must change to revoke this accusation and get back in the present.

Also in the middle of mushi-shi which is great

They are neither plants nor animals. They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as "Mushi". Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them. Ginko is a "Mushi-shi" who travels around to investigate and find out more about the "Mushi". In the process, he also lends a helping hand to people who face problems with supernatural occurrences which may be related to the "Mushi".

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X