Did my bollix in the Jackpot tonight
    FYP m8

...Lads, you know nothing about the best 11 when you are all forgetting the PL GOAT...
      ...Wes Hoolihan...
      Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
      Phil Babb is sniggering in your general direction.

Why is CR7 ommitted from all the above lists bar 1?

Always thought Ferdinand was a much better player than Vidic but Vidic was overrated due to sticking his head in front of a boot. Good player but Ferdinand was a level above him.
          Recency bias in a big way. Doubt he’s in the top five United centre halves of EPL era. Himself and Bruce would be fighting it out for best ‘body on the line’ loon but he wouldn’t lace Pallister’s boots.

Never did it on the big stage

Are you going best player or won the most shit in the PL?
              Suarez, Robben, Bale, Tevez etc criminally under represented here

Schmeichal

Rio Adams Terry

Makelele
                Alonso Scholes

Ronaldo Bergkamp Henry
                Kane

Schmeichel

Stam Terry Adams

Keane Viera

Ronaldo Bergkamp Okocha

Henry Shearer

Suarez over Shearer was close. I agree with DP on Suarez underrepresented

Going into work for a token hour, then cheese, book and charcuterie shopping up town. Promises to be a well-spent afternoon.

I suppose it makes sense to just withdraw €1270 of BTC and buy it again to avoid tax now, it doesn't "carry over" I take it.
                      Yep, but you should sell more than that, being enough to crystallise a gain of €1,270. You can repurchase then straight away.

Kane is the best central striker the league has ever seen imo. He's like a clone of a perfect footballer. Absolutely zero weakness to his game and a great temperament and attitude. Easily more complete than Shearar was.

Don't see how it could have been tilting with the spoiler I saw yesterday morning, but look forward to discussing it with you and Ole tomorrow after viewing as fellow-fans of the world's best tv show.
                          Survivor.

Deserved winner, but the way they manipulated the final tribal was a bit sickening for Devon. If i was a cynic I could nearly argue he found the last 2 idols a bit too easy when he had no alliance left...Merica !!

Yep, but you should sell more than that, being enough to crystallise a gain of €1,270. You can repurchase then straight away.
                            Thanks, i know about the deductions, you can use fees too to offset, however in my case a tenner worth is now 1.2k, but I guess I should have added that on! It's tanking hard today btw!
                            It begs the question why am I sending 10k to Kraken when I can't even get their log in screen to work, need to rethink life choices. Not to mention that they take 160 euro fee for using that.

Best day of work day, the appearance, the free bottles of wine/whiskey/champagne and then into town to meet my brothers and off for 3 weeks.
                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-12-17, 10:27.

Detroit well worth a look.

Not exactly a relaxing Christmas watch though.

Surely Shearer should be auto ruled out due to the fact that he is a cunt?

And the fact the league was weakish and not in any way competitive in Europe when he was at his most prolific.

Survivor.

Deserved winner, but the way they manipulated the final tribal was a bit sickening for Devon. If i was a cynic I could nearly argue he found the last 2 idols a bit too easy when he had no alliance left...Merica !!
                                    I thought the season was brilliant up til the final seven, then it was just 'Ben's going home if he doesn't find an idol. Ben finds an idol. Rinse/repeat. I'm sceptical as to the placement of the idols/clues and even besides that I would have Chrissy's immunity wins as way more impressive than idol scavenger hunting.

Ben was unable to parlay all these idols into any sort of alliance. Couldn't get anyone (bar Devon on a self-preservation hunch) to switch their vote off of him. If he had managed to use an idol to move up the totem poll rather than dropping 'ben bombs' at tribal I would have a lot more respect for his play. His ben bombs ended up leaving him needing to find another idol immediately every time, and then he still needed a cheap trick by the production team to get him into the final.

I thought him agreeing with Devon's plan to pretend to be with the other crowd when they pulled the blind side back after the merge was a dreadful decision and would have cost any non-Murican hero vet the million because the people he was lying to would feel so fucked over by him.

A pity that what was shaping up to be a great season ended up in a car crash,
                                    the last three or four episodes had barely a passing resemblance to the game as it used to be.

Someone on Reddit did up a 'tentative logo for season 37' which I think fairly encapsulates it.

Shearer a bollix but gtfo after that he was exceptional.
                                      Bad PL era ? Are ye really making that point.
                                      I remember Terry McDermot saying Keegans Newcastle would have beaten his Liverpool. He was right but by then the game was different.
                                      Shearer was a scoring machine . Pity he hated Utd. Anyway if the genius of Berkamp escapes you , then yer footie posts should be judged as nonsense. NONSENSE I tell you.

And the fact the league was weakish and not in any way competitive in Europe when he was at his most prolific.
                                        According to wikipedia Shearer has 32 goals in 52 appearances in Europe. 30 in 49 with Newcastle who were way below the top level in the Champions league.

Only 8 of those were in the CL. Rest were UEFA cup, Cup Winners cup and Intertoto cup.

He was clearly excellent but Serie A and la Liga got all the top foreign players when he was at his peak in England, wasn't until late 90's until the league began to be competitive on a European front again. Would be still in the shake up for that position but think Kane has more to his game than Alan had.

Last year the good folk of IPB played a stunner and recommended a culinary tour of Dublin as a great present. It was brilliant, apparently. Would ye be able to top that impressive recommendation with something else I could get my mother this year? Like the idea of the 'experience', but probably shouldn't do another food tour as it strikes as lack of effort.
                                              Send her to a musical in the Bord Gais theatre with a friend.

Auld wans love musicals, so they do.

I put in a big order with La Belle Chaurienne. Took at least two weeks to get here, over to dpl who didn't try to deliver it, instead retuned it all back to France. Bastards.
                                                Bizarrely this is still ongoing. They sent over four packages, two arrived back and they're waiting on the third; DPD are claiming they delivered one of the four and sent proof of a signed delivery that clearly isn't my signature.

Eh. What happens now?

Going into work for a token hour, then cheese, book and charcuterie shopping up town. Promises to be a well-spent afternoon.
                                                  F&B/Sheridan's/other?

Send her to a musical in the Bord Gais theatre with a friend.

Auld wans love musicals, so they do.
                                                    My annual prezzie to the sainted one.

Last year the good folk of IPB played a stunner and recommended a culinary tour of Dublin as a great present. It was brilliant, apparently. Would ye be able to top that impressive recommendation with something else I could get my mother this year? Like the idea of the 'experience', but probably shouldn't do another food tour as it strikes as lack of effort.
                                                      https://veganinireland.com/vegan-dublin-tours I went on that when it was being recorded fro RTE, kept my mouth shut and ate the food.

Bizarrely this is still ongoing. They sent over four packages, two arrived back and they're waiting on the third; DPD are claiming they delivered one of the four and sent proof of a signed delivery that clearly isn't my signature.

Eh. What happens now?
                                                        DPD are some shower.

Got a call from a driver yesterday with a package, looking for directions to the house. I offer my eircode to make it easier, we dont have that system he goes ! Its free i said, on google maps...were not allowed use it was his reply, then told me his phone doesnt have internet....ill leave it in at the centra in the village he goes...no you wont i replied, gave him directions, 20 mins later he arrives, my eircode was already on the package, dozy cunt, wouldent you think he would have made his life easier.

Not allowed to use them. What idiots.

F&B/Sheridan's/other?
                                                            Sheridans. In the queue now.

Not a fan of F&B.

Bidding on a house at the moment. Look like getting gazumped because the other crowd are cash buyers. Feels bad.

Down here ?

Down here ?
                                                                  Yeah.

Have just put in a final offer - would be nice to win

1.2 kilos of cheese and a few salamis. Should see me right.

Not quite the exquisite magnificence of the sp super salami special last year though. Get that import business up and running!

Yeah.

Fingers crossed for you.

Bro is going through the same shite in Carlow, would not like to be a buyer in the current market.

Spamalot coming to Bord Gais in January think i heard on radio. Combine with grub in Osteria Lucio for all round winning

...Bitcoin taking a massive shite today by looks of things...I spent most of Tuesday building 3 month futures for them...Price of them down nearly 20% this morning...Has the Bubble burst?...

Eh. What happens now?

Google translate not looking the best here, I need to post them a copy of my sig?

Bonjour,

Merci de ces précisions.

Je vais avoir besoin de vous pour contester la signature (voir le courrier reçu de la Poste en PJ).

Il me faut une attestation manuscrite de non-réception du colis ainsi qu’une copie recto verso de votre pièce d’identité au plus vite .

Merci.
                                                                            Nous vous prions de bien vouloir la trouver en pièce jointe, justifiant ainsi de la réception le 01/11/2017 de votre envoi par son destinataire.

Nous vous précisons qu’en cas de contestation relative à la validité de la preuve transmise, et conformément aux Conditions Générales de Ventes de votre contrat COLISSIMO, nous vous invitons à nous fournir, par courrier, une attestation sur l’honneur manuscrite de non-réception signée du destinataire, ainsi qu’une copie de sa pièce d’identité.

Nous restons à votre disposition pour toute information complémentaire et nous vous prions de croire, Madame, Monsieur, à l’assurance de notre parfaite considération

We kindly ask you to find it as an attachment, thus justifying the receipt on 01/11/2017 of your shipment by the recipient.

We inform you that in case of dispute regarding the validity of the transmitted evidence, and in accordance with the General Conditions of Sale of your contract COLISSIMO, we invite you to provide us, by mail, a certificate on the honor handwritten of receipt signed by the recipient and a copy of his identity document.

We remain at your disposal for any further information and we beg you to believe, Madam, Sir, the assurance of our perfect consideration.
                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 22-12-17, 12:58.

Google translate not looking the best here, I need to post them a copy of my sig?
                                                                              Sign the receipt doc they sent you. Send that and a copy of identity document (with sig on it).

Sounds like a french specific process. I assume in France most identity docs have a signature on them? probably want to do a compare?

The Druids chair - sneaky pint...shhhhhh.

Best Guinness I've tasted in years.

I got an invoice for a landing in Valenciennes yesterday on the 27th of October and I've never been there. Bloody French!

Don't think we saw his best years in the PL. And I'm just a big Pires fan
                                                                                    Never did it on the big stage

Are you going best player or won the most shit in the PL?
                                                                                    Suarez, Robben, Bale, Tevez etc criminally under represented here
                                                                                    That's the thing. I could probably make a few more teams and think yeah that would be a cracking team. Throw up a team there.

I just went for physical but skillful players cos I like the physical side of the game.

If you asked Garth Crooks to pick a team, it would be a 2-2-6 formation.

Not quite the exquisite magnificence of the sp super salami special last year though. Get that import business up and running!
                                                                                            @RDIII: just had a thought: I have a great ham/charcuterie slicer that i left with friends in Dublin when we left, as our London kitchen was way too small to house it. Last weekend, when in Dublin, he told me that, even with the best intentions in the world, he just hadn't gotten around to using it, as his kitchen is just too small and he doesn't buy large hams or charcuterie enough.

So my thinking is, if you don't already have one, and actually want one, i'd be happy for you to have it. I'd rather see it being used than just sitting in a basement accumulating dust. I've had it for 17 years and it's never let me down, so if interested PM me and i'll put you in contact.

Yeah - write a piece of paper:

Ce n'est pas mon signature et je ne reçois pas le package.

Sign that and scan.

Then include a scan of your passport with the signature page so they can compare.
                                                                                                try this:

Je certifie sur l'honneur que je n'ai pas recu le colis en question (une can even add what you were expecting but didn't receive) et veuillez trouver ci-joint une copie de mon passeport.

en vous remerciant d'avance.

Recevez, Madame Monsieur, l'assurance de mes salutations disrtinguees

signature and full name

(add a copy of both pages of your passport)

Undoubtedly that French is a bit wrong fwiw, I don't really have any occassion to write French. But it gets the general message across.
                                                                                                  how long have you been in France now????

DPD are some shower.

Got a call from a driver yesterday with a package, looking for directions to the house. I offer my eircode to make it easier, we dont have that system he goes ! Its free i said, on google maps...were not allowed use it was his reply, then told me his phone doesnt have internet....ill leave it in at the centra in the village he goes...no you wont i replied, gave him directions, 20 mins later he arrives, my eircode was already on the package, dozy cunt, wouldent you think he would have made his life easier.
                                                                                                    They absolutely 100% use eircode, he knew exactly where you are and was 'hoping against hope' that you would accept him dropping off in the local Centra.
                                                                                                    That seems to becoming a feature with rural deliveries where drivers will just drop off in local shops. I suppose the shops are allowing themselves to be used as a sort of cheap parcel motel as it brings you into the shop

BTC getting murder. How low can it go?

I am a late comer to Peaky Blinder. Loved the early seasons. I thought current season that just ended was rot.

Kramer, The, Slicer, That's, lot, of, potatoes, seinfeld, jerry, blow, circuit, meat, slicer, Thats, it's, no, picnic

They absolutely 100% use eircode, he knew exactly where you are and was 'hoping against hope' that you would accept him dropping off in the local Centra.
                                                                                                        That seems to becoming a feature with rural deliveries where drivers will just drop off in local shops. I suppose the shops are allowing themselves to be used as a sort of cheap parcel motel as it brings you into the shop
                                                                                                        Coffee shop manager beside me was livid when they left in a package for me. Insisted the driver came back and handed the package to me.

@RDIII: just had a thought: I have a great ham/charcuterie slicer that i left with friends in Dublin when we left, as our London kitchen was way too small to house it. Last weekend, when in Dublin, he told me that, even with the best intentions in the world, he just hadn't gotten around to using it, as his kitchen is just too small and he doesn't buy large hams or charcuterie enough.

So my thinking is, if you don't already have one, and actually want one, i'd be happy for you to have it. I'd rather see it being used than just sitting in a basement accumulating dust. I've had it for 17 years and it's never let me down, so if interested PM me and i'll put you in contact.
                                                                                                          Thanks for the thought shrap - much appreciated. I think I wouldn't get enough use out of it though as it's very rare I buy something that needs a slicer! (like maybe once every two years).

Your remaining decent wine though....

Have a couple of pieces for you in the car but getting over that side of the city isn't easy, will try and catch up with you if I'm over that way next week. Might manage to get to Leopardstown Thu

The first episode of this is great.

Happy! Trailer Season 1 - 2018 SyFy SeriesSubscribe: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=serientrailermpFolgt uns bei Facebook: https://www.f...

Yeah.

Martingale it.

Thanks for the thought shrap - much appreciated. I think I wouldn't get enough use out of it though as it's very rare I buy something that needs a slicer! (like maybe once every two years).

Your remaining decent wine though....
                                                                                                                  no problem, i'm sure it would have made a nice addition to the RDIII kitchen.

There was just about enough room in the kitchen to fit the wine, although not much left.

Speaking of wines, went to hawksmoor last week, my friend brought a Cos D'estournel (St Estephe) 2004. pretty special.

Have a couple of pieces for you in the car but getting over that side of the city isn't easy, will try and catch up with you if I'm over that way next week. Might manage to get to Leopardstown Thu
                                                                                                                    I was only joking. Don't be bothering going out of your way. Thurs is the one day I'm allegedly working next week!

You really should do the import thing though. I'd say your biggest problem would be keeping up with demand.

And another thing!

What's with the fucking fascination with donuts all of a sudden? It's like every third shop in town sells hipster donuts now. No wonder we're such a nation of lard arses.

And a final thing!

Just had my first voyage on the cross-city Luas. It is a fine infrastructural addition to the city. We are utterly screaming out for a Metro though.

And another thing!

What's with the fucking fascination with donuts all of a sudden? It's like every third shop in town sells hipster donuts now. No wonder we're such a nation of lard arses.
                                                                                                                          More like the last two years. Every new shop is either a donut shop or a salad place.

Coincidentally I only had my first high end donut yesterday. Promised someone I'd visit their shop, was a bit disappointed to find out they only do glazed ring donuts.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 22-12-17, 14:59.