Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for the GAA heads. Sale on at O Neills. See jackets and t-shirts with Dublin few county colours. Would be grand for a fiver. Bought a pants and fleece myself for €18. Pants is €30 alone in sports world.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        I'm still recovering from the fact Picasso only died in 1973...
        Wat?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
          wat?

i'm still recovering from the fact picasso only died in 1973...

Comment

Daily mail shite removed
            Last edited by Guest; 06-04-17, 18:25.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
              Asian Dub Foundation
              Boom!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Could have sworn it was ashes, not asha
                Graham threw a rasher on a faulty fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

i'm still recovering from the fact picasso only died in 1973...
                  mind blown

Comment

Any link yet to watch (or listen to) the golf?

Comment

Lol. Bernie Saunders says hello
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                        mind blown
                        Just like his second wife, who only died in 86 when she shot herself in the head aged 59.

Comment

One of my mates was convinved that the lyrics to thunder struck were;

"I was smelling the leaves"

and it was a bizzare drug reference. He would roar it out in clubs when it was played.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                            Just like his second wife, who only died in 86 when she shot herself in the head aged 59.
                            Picassow

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                              One of my mates was convinved that the lyrics to thunder struck were;

"I was smelling the leaves"

and it was a bizzare drug reference. He would roar it out in clubs when it was played.
                              "My lover's got no money, he's got his trampoline"
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                Hotel California: Warm smell of clitrus rising up through the air.

Comment

another question for my nephew's trip to Dublin:

Best pubs and evenings for trad sessions

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

O'Shea's Merchants any night of the week, but on Sundays in particular
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Or ignore that and go to the cobblestone
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Den...The lights on again
                                        Den...That lights a dirty whore
                                        -Nightcrawlers push the feeling on
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Cobblestone. Top of smithfield square. Sunday again probably the best but ya could get one a lot of nights in there
                                          airport, lol

Comment

The 'Lady Mondegreen' that I still hear in a huge hit of the late 70's that still gets a load of radio play is the main hook in the song and the title as
                                            Four legged Woman ... should be easy to guess the song
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

brimful of asha by cornerstone- CHOOOONNNN

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LBnMRWeV-E
                                              What a great tune

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

A lot of English adverts on the english telly channels advocating parents help out their kids with deposits for mortgages etc.

Is this a new thing for them over there?

Takes me back.....

Comment

The Masters app is trolling me. Each notification reads 'lad you punted on has just made a double bogey '. Have a couple of lads doing ok but do I hear any little 'ding' on the rare occasion a birdie drops? Do I fuck.

Comment

Golf

Comment

"Danger Zone” by Kenny LogginsListen to Kenny Loggins: https://KennyLoggins.lnk.to/listen_YDWatch more videos by Kenny Loggins: https://KennyLoggins.lnk.to/l...
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Rabbits are mean and cruel. Daughter heard squealing whilst out for walk in woods. I said it could be a rabbit getting attacked and tried to get the sound up on You Tube to see if was same noise. It was but video upset her more. I was watching golf and wasnt paying attention P+F dont watch!

In an attempt to allow our rabbits to enjoy a dry, reasonably warm day out in our yard and to give them a chance to get some exercise and to socialize, we l...

Comment

Always thought that was "he's got his tremble ease". No clue what it was supposed to mean though. Two injured swans...two injurrrrred swans , that would be enough. Wouldn't zero injured swans be enough you sick bastards

Comment

Downstairs in the Stags on a Saturday night is the nuts for a trad sesh.

Comment

Yeh Larka Hai Allah - Asha Bhosle LiveMusic : Rd BurmanOriginal song from the film Hum kissi se kum nahin & it was duet of Ashaji & Md Rafi.Asha Bhonsle liv...

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                Yup also the cobblestone and the Brazen head. O'Donohughe's....my sketching group sometimes meets there after.

@Drunken one ..I didn't watch....don't worry ! Thanks for heads up! I hope your daughter is ok!

Last edited by Guest; 06-04-17, 21:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                  This. Haven't been in a while but it's class

Comment

Comment

Who posted the Don Rickles roasting the other day ? SP ?

Shame...:tren
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Not sure at what point in time every cat gif made me think of P&F over Tara.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          Who posted the Don Rickles roasting the other day ? SP ?

Shame...:tren
                                                                          I am not sure but here

Comment

Lol @CourierCollie

There ya go now.

Comment

I was at a wedding some years ago and an uncle got up to sing a song, with the mike in hand he asks the band, do you know Phoenix? Phoenix, sorry never heard of it. Of course you have, Phoenix!! No mate honestly don't know it but if you sing it, we'll play along.....ok says uncle Frank, "Phoenix, nothing more than Phoenix, trying to forget my........

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                He is to be lauded for this surely!

Interestingly he is supposed to be exceptional at what he does. Obviously part of what he does is build an exceptional client network.
                                                                                He's probably best known for shacking up with Michael Flattley's ex tranny girlfriend. I think she spent a fair bit of his money, hence selling the gaff.

Comment

What is the resturant in the second episode of the Trip to Spain?

Food looks amazing. I want.

Comment

€110 each way to change a name on a Ryanair ticket, thieving cunce.

Comment

Golf was fantastic.

Rory's 16th, Bubba's putts, Westwood's back 9, Hoffman's back 9, Ernie's interview. Really funking a top 11 finish for Ernie.
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Slippery feckers these Norwegians. U think on a AAK flop with AK and u get it in for a monkey you have to be golden. Seems not again QQ. #cashwoes

Comment

Dowling running good. Down to 3 handed in the €2k HR.
                                                                                          Edit HU. €30 odd k ftw
                                                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 07-04-17, 00:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            Slippery feckers these Norwegians. U think on a AAK flop with AK and u get it in for a monkey you have to be golden. Seems not again QQ. #cashwoes
                                                                                            Nice to see a genuine bad beat in here for a change

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 07-04-17, 01:40.

Comment

Am thinking of viewing the final table sat for the Norwegians . Not sure what time it's starts at. Should be good fun though

Comment

Night yall I am a sleeply little thing right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                    Aye. Next table ended up aww in with 33 on a 235 rainbow. Vs A4. Meh. Got the table on the new deink tbf. Double Morgans and coke topped up with porter. Nice stuff. Norwegians have named it "The Cooler"....

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post
                                                                                                      I was at a wedding some years ago and an uncle got up to sing a song, with the mike in hand he asks the band, do you know Phoenix? Phoenix, sorry never heard of it. Of course you have, Phoenix!! No mate honestly don't know it but if you sing it, we'll play along.....ok says uncle Frank, "Phoenix, nothing more than Phoenix, trying to forget my........
                                                                                                      What song was it?

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                                        Always thought that was "he's got his tremble ease". No clue what it was supposed to mean though. Two injured swans...two injurrrrred swans , that would be enough. Wouldn't zero injured swans be enough you sick bastards
                                                                                                        'He's got his strong beliefs'

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          Aye. Next table ended up aww in with 33 on a 235 rainbow. Vs A4. Meh. Got the table on the new deink tbf. Double Morgans and coke topped up with porter. Nice stuff. Norwegians have named it "The Cooler"....
                                                                                                          You wouldn't want to be thirsty with you. I was patiently waiting for my cooler
                                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                            Got three-outed all in on the turn for what I think is my biggest ever live pot. The guy beside me who sat in with less than the min-buyin starts telling me he's been running bad all week too. Before the chips have even been raked in he's listed off his hands. Cool story bro.

On the way home the taxi driver asked me how I got on, just say not great, he asks for the details.
                                                                                                            "Jesus you hardly want a bad beat story"
                                                                                                            "No, tell me the hand"
                                                                                                            Start running through it
                                                                                                            "And what position was he in?"

Gets on the radio then to his mate.
                                                                                                            "Listen to this for a bad beat Tony"
                                                                                                            ...
                                                                                                            "Fucken 'ell"

I lol'd.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-04-17, 10:44.

Comment

Last edited by Mellor; 07-04-17, 07:01.

Comment

@Drunken One

That was some video with the bunnies. The cries of the little one. Shocking really.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        So massive "update" from the owners today.
                                                                                                                        Cost cutting across the board, not surprised always happens just before end of financial year. (which was usually end of october, now june. Just the scope of cuts was bigger than expected.
                                                                                                                        Long story short, I was made redundant today, meh.

Timing isn't ideal, but I don't care too much. I love working here, but my boss is a dick. I was also the only person in my position, so there's very little scope to progress.

I would of (or should of) moved on of my own accord eventually. So I'm just glad that I'm getting a severance rather than getting pissed off and quitting in 6 months.
                                                                                                                        Do you have residence there or going to have to hustle to find another job for a visa?

Comment

It's amazing how things work. heading up a club two weeks and then I was old antagonistic poker self in a meeting and out of a job. So i enjoyed the sunshine and beaches of Portugal, visited my friend in bath had beers with my dog as my missus is in america.

I decided to see what was out there for me to do and had an interview yesterday and nailed it. Starting next week I will be coaching international rugby from senior level down to some junior stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X