Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    The Gambol gets the better of you now and then.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      The Gambol gets the better of you now and then.
      What's the gambol?

      https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheGambo...=page_internal

      They seem nice enough

      Comment


        #63
        I think we need to lighten the mood.

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyh1Va_mYWI

        Comment


          #64
          M8 if I expressed joy and genuine happiness over brutally murdering someone you'd celebrate my happiness and add in that murder can be bad.

          How you so happy? Drugs?

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Hopefully this years winner of the Cheltenham tipping comp will make better use of the winnings than last years.
            Its an all too familiar a story, sad and desperate. Good luck to the lad in putting his life back together, I met him a few times across the tables and he seemed sound.

            Nice chap, sad story really. Gambling horrible addiction. Kinda feel sorry for him.
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by CHDog View Post
              M8 if I expressed joy and genuine happiness over brutally murdering someone you'd celebrate my happiness and add in that murder can be bad.
              No. I turn heel and run away from you as fast as my legs would carry me.

              How you so happy? Drugs?
              No.

              Comment


                #67
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeW1eV7Oc5A

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                  Nice chap, sad story really. Gambling horrible addiction. Kinda feel sorry for him.
                  Shouldn't feel sorry for scum m8.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    I was in Galway the last few days. I was lucky enough to get into Connemara and climb the Diamond. Nearly killed me, but that wont be my lasting memory.

                    This place took the shine off what i did. The hill is in the background.



                    I was talking to a retired police and he was telling me, 30 years ago, he was in a car with his Sargent, parked across the road from Letterfrack. "that place needs to be investigated he said, ill bet there was murders carried out there"

                    I have had a few drinks now, but i hope to wake true to my word, Im not sure who said it here, HJ ?, but I will make it a personal mission to approach every person in religious garb and beacon to them , whisper in their ear..." you should be ashamed"
                    This too shall pass.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      I'll bet that retired police said Fuck all to his sergeant. That sounds like a nice story Oleras and I like you m8 but I'm calling bullshit on it.

                      Hope you enjoyed the climb all the same.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Worked from 9am to 1.30am. Went for pints. Have a game at 12. Should be fun

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Teenage daughter has American 'friend' sleeping over who lives in Ireland now with his mum only as father has left. He is vegetarian and is brought up in a hare christa household. Anyhows daughter is sleeping with mother and I end up on couch for night! In my day he be on couch. The man of house doesn't give up his bed. World gone to fek. Gonna fry some bacon, sausages and black pudding in morning.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Hopefully this years winner of the Cheltenham tipping comp will make better use of the winnings than last years.
                            Its an all too familiar a story, sad and desperate. Good luck to the lad in putting his life back together, I met him a few times across the tables and he seemed sound.
                            Sorry to hear that as he is a very nice guy (money pilfering aside) Sad to see him in such a mess. At least he didnt go the other route and hopefully he can sort himself out over the next while. Only had a quick scan of last years thread yesterday and was thinking i hadnt seen him lately about.
                            Last edited by Dice75; 12-03-17, 07:20.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              Sorry to hear that as he is a very nice guy (money pilfering aside) Sad to see him in such a mess. At least he didnt go the other route and hopefully he can sort himself out over the next while. Only had a quick scan of last years thread yesterday and was thinking i hadnt seen him lately about.
                              Just shows you, You never know what someone else is going through. He was obv in serious trouble this time last year and prob hoped this win might bail him out (please excuse I appropriate pun). While everyone else was having a bit of craic and hoping to scoop he was probably bricking it. Poor lad hope he gets through it.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Had dinner here last night. It has 1 Michelin star

                                http://www.penhalonga.com/en/Dining/LAB-by-Sergi-Arola

                                Incredible experience. Of the 20 courses only two felt like they were there to just fill time. The rest ranged from good to great.

                                Comment


                                  #76
                                  Feels somewhat wrong to be noting that the tipping comp now has a €1900 prize pool.

                                  Hope gazman gets it back together, always found him to be perfectly normal. Also (and I say this as a banker), fuck the bank. Hopefully someone got sacked - this should have been nipped in the bud 1 minute after the first attempt and then everyone would have happier outcomes.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                  Comment


                                    #77
                                    3 years in jail for that while scummers who are breaking into people's houses every night and have a string of convictions never see the inside of a cell. wtf.
                                    “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.” - Bertrand Russell

                                    Comment


                                      #78
                                      Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      Just shows you, You never know what someone else is going through. He was obv in serious trouble this time last year and prob hoped this win might bail him out (please excuse I appropriate pun). While everyone else was having a bit of craic and hoping to scoop he was probably bricking it. Poor lad hope he gets through it.
                                      The problem with some addictions especially gambling can be hidden until huge damage is done.
                                      If the man was a raving alcoholic it would have showed physically same with drugs.
                                      Gambling is different no hangover red eyes etc if you do your brains.
                                      Don't see how jailing him sorts anything.
                                      How can he pay back with a criminal record.
                                      When you see guys getting off for beating and biting his girlfriends face and other absolute scumbags getting suspended sentences its hard to stomach.

                                      Comment


                                        #79
                                        I don't think there is a defense of what he done. The way other crimes are handled is a separate conversation. I hate when the Garlic / Onion fraud case gets brought into these type of conversations.

                                        "Don't see how jailing him sorts anything."

                                        Tell that to the family of the woman he stole nearly 40k from.

                                        Do your time and hopefully come out the other end clean.

                                        Comment


                                          #80
                                          Was involved in a few investigations in casinos about money missing. Gathered machine records, CCTV footage etc. It amounted to 6/7 quid a month and owner was a bit puzzled why the manager was so worked up.about it. "Those little nibbles always become big bites" was his response. Wanted the guy gone, owner said he would have a word. 6 months later it all blew up over a 4 figure sum from a customers account.
                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

                                          Comment


                                            #81
                                            Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                            I don't think there is a defense of what he done. The way other crimes are handled is a separate conversation. I hate when the Garlic / Onion fraud case gets brought into these type of conversations.

                                            "Don't see how jailing him sorts anything."

                                            Tell that to the family of the woman he stole nearly 40k from.

                                            Do your time and hopefully come out the other end clean.
                                            reading the story, no customer was out of pocket at all - the only 'victim' here was Ulster Bank. Any bank that can't detect very basic fraud like this is verging on the 'deserves to be defrauded' category.
                                            (mind you, I worked in a place once that suffered an $18m fraud )

                                            The bank should not have wanted this to go anywhere near a courtroom.

                                            €80k loss <<<<<<<<< looking like a bunch of amateur fuckwits in public
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                            Comment


                                              #82
                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              reading the story, no customer was out of pocket at all - the only 'victim' here was Ulster Bank. Any bank that can't detect very basic fraud like this is verging on the 'deserves to be defrauded' category.
                                              (mind you, I worked in a place once that suffered an $18m fraud )

                                              The bank should not have wanted this to go anywhere near a courtroom.

                                              €80k loss <<<<<<<<< looking like a bunch of amateur fuckwits in public
                                              A quick google seems to say there was another person at it in another branch when first detected late last year. Not sure if in cahoots but guessing they were.
                                              Last edited by Dice75; 12-03-17, 11:28.

                                              Comment


                                                #83
                                                €8,500,000 for a bog standard house in Dublin these days.

                                                http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for...ublin-1398444/

                                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KktZITAtV3c

                                                Comment


                                                  #84
                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  reading the story, no customer was out of pocket at all - the only 'victim' here was Ulster Bank. Any bank that can't detect very basic fraud like this is verging on the 'deserves to be defrauded' category.
                                                  This might be over simplistic - whilst the bank was the only official victim for the purposes of the criminal case there may well have been a 'little old lady' who went through a hellish few months.
                                                  I know with my Ma that even if the bank/guards assured her on the first and every call that she'd get her money back that she'd still be a complete irrational wreck thinking she'd been robbed, that she'd done something wrong, that everyone was talking about her, that money wasn't safe in a bank and she'd be better with it under the mattress etc.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #85
                                                    Makes liers out of honest men.

                                                    Comment


                                                      #86
                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      This might be over simplistic - whilst the bank was the only official victim for the purposes of the criminal case there may well have been a 'little old lady' who went through a hellish few months.
                                                      I know with my Ma that even if the bank/guards assured her on the first and every call that she'd get her money back that she'd still be a complete irrational wreck thinking she'd been robbed, that she'd done something wrong, that everyone was talking about her, that money wasn't safe in a bank and she'd be better with it under the mattress etc.
                                                      The very first thing the bank would do is inform the customer of the activity and assure them they would suffer no loss.

                                                      That's not simplistic, it's just the way it works.

                                                      Then you work out a way to hide it so that no-one ever finds out.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                      Comment


                                                        #87
                                                        Anyone still watching Billions? I lost interest in it half way through the last season as it became unwatchabley bad. I picked it up again as season two just started. The first three episodes of the new season have been much improved. The third episode is poker related with a cameo from Hellmuth.

                                                        Speaking of poker I see the rumor mill is flying with the story that Dwan stiffed Haralabos for big money. Haralabos gave an interview saying he was taken for seven figures by a player which was never paid to him and the NVG finger seems firmly pointed in Tom's direction at the moment.

                                                        Opr

                                                        Comment


                                                          #88
                                                          Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          Anyone still watching Billions? I lost interest in it half way through the last season as it became unwatchabley bad. I picked it up again as season two just started. The first three episodes of the new season have been much improved. The third episode is poker related with a cameo from Hellmuth.

                                                          Speaking of poker I see the rumor mill is flying with the story that Dwan stiffed Haralabos for big money. Haralabos gave an interview saying he was taken for seven figures by a player which was never paid to him and the NVG finger seems firmly pointed in Tom's direction at the moment.

                                                          Opr
                                                          I liked last season but thought the finale was weak. I think the first few episodes this season are worse than most of last season. The recent poker episode I thought tried to make it seem authenticate, used most of the right language, but it didn't really work I thought, and there were still a couple of holes in it from a realism pov for poker.

                                                          Comment


                                                            #89
                                                            Anyone who has no interest whatsoever in horses fancy being staked into the cheltenham comp?

                                                            I would like the picks solely based on names.

                                                            I'll even do the tables for ya
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #90
                                                              Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                              Anyone who has no interest whatsoever in horses fancy being staked into the cheltenham comp?

                                                              I would like the picks solely based on names.

                                                              I'll even do the tables for ya
                                                              In, ta
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

                                                              Comment


                                                                #91
                                                                Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                Anyone who has no interest whatsoever in horses fancy being staked into the cheltenham comp?

                                                                I would like the picks solely based on names.

                                                                I'll even do the tables for ya
                                                                Im in for this. I know less about Horses than probably everyone on this forum. The only thing I know about them is they are unaware of their own names.

                                                                Is Gary Fields the omaha player with Red Hair?

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #92
                                                                  Go on so sure, bit of banter. 50/50 on the win so you'll have an easy ~1k if either of ye win it.
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #93
                                                                    Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                    Go on so sure, bit of banter. 50/50 on the win so you'll have an easy ~1k if either of ye win it.
                                                                    I'll jump in if you want a third and a guy throwing darts?

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #94
                                                                      Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                      Anyone who has no interest whatsoever in horses fancy being staked into the cheltenham comp?

                                                                      I would like the picks solely based on names.

                                                                      I'll even do the tables for ya
                                                                      Not to rain on your parade but this is wide open to abuse imo. People could in theory co-ordinate picks.

                                                                      Not suggesting that you or any of the people involved would do so.

                                                                      Canvassing opinion from the other punters in-thread.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #95
                                                                        Going to be a referendum at some point to see if non resident citizens can vote in presidential elections. I assume it'll be held in tandem with something else, such as the 8th amendment one if it happens, or else it'll get about a 10% turnout I'd say.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #96
                                                                          For anyone hungry for some good new music, The Shins' new album is excellent.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #97
                                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            The very first thing the bank would do is inform the customer of the activity and assure them they would suffer no loss.

                                                                            That's not simplistic, it's just the way it works.

                                                                            Then you work out a way to hide it so that no-one ever finds out.
                                                                            I wonder if it was 'little old lady' who wanted to raise charges against the bank so this was the easier way out?
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #98
                                                                              Wife's friend did one of those Aldi supermarket dash things, ended up with a freezer full of crustaceans. She gave us a Lobster and a couple of crabs, about to launch into making this. Bottle of Muscadet chilling out.

                                                                              Am excite.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #99
                                                                                In before 'your wife got crabs off her m8?'
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  whats the aldi dash?

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                                                                                    whats the aldi dash?
                                                                                    They won some competition where first prize was a 3 min grab all you can dash around an Aldi store at 7am. There were some restrictions, x amount of a particular product etc. Your man planned it out really well the day before casing the place and ended up with a trolley full of goodies.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      Wife's friend did one of those Aldi supermarket dash things, ended up with a freezer full of crustaceans. She gave us a Lobster and a couple of crabs, about to launch into making this. Bottle of Muscadet chilling out.

                                                                                      Am excite.
                                                                                      Good choice, thats the same meal Jesus had on the 5th day of Creation. Genesis 1:20-23

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        lol
                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          If I make enough to last until Thursday I can call it the 5th day of crustacean.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            For anyone hungry for some good new music, The Shins' new album is excellent.
                                                                                            On my third listen of this now, will probably have it on loop for the rest of the evening.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                                                                                              whats the aldi dash?
                                                                                              One distracts the security guard the other legs it out through the in door with a power drill and some unknown but useful household gadgets.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                I have had a few drinks now, but i hope to wake true to my word, Im not sure who said it here, HJ ?, but I will make it a personal mission to approach every person in religious garb and beacon to them , whisper in their ear..." you should be ashamed"[/QUOTE]


                                                                                                Oleras-I hope that is 'drink talk' because if you behave towards all religious as you say you will that would truly be cnutish behaviour.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Had to bring her mother to mass this morning so went in rather than go up and down twice. Probably the youngest there bar a scattering of under 10s. Sermon was about suffering and spent the whole time imagining Lazare sitting beside me with steam coming out of his ears.

                                                                                                  Said a prayer my horse ships the CPT game today so lets see.....

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    Going to be a referendum at some point to see if non resident citizens can vote in presidential elections. I assume it'll be held in tandem with something else, such as the 8th amendment one if it happens, or else it'll get about a 10% turnout I'd say.
                                                                                                    Seems mental someone who left Ireland in last few years fair enough but Mr Murphy who has been living in Wisconsin for 40 years they shouldn't have say in Irish politics. Not to mention it would almost guarantee Sinn Fein win every presidential election. Northern Ireland votes plus the overseas votes with the rose tinted glasses. Also whose gonna pay to administer this? The actual tax payers of the country. How many people would be eligible to vote in this? Many multiples of the actual population of the county? Absolutely bizarre.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                                                                                                      I have had a few drinks now, but i hope to wake true to my word, Im not sure who said it here, HJ ?, but I will make it a personal mission to approach every person in religious garb and beacon to them , whisper in their ear..." you should be ashamed"


                                                                                                      Oleras-I hope that is 'drink talk' because if you behave towards all religious as you say you will that would truly be cnutish behaviour.
                                                                                                      If whispering 'you should be ashamed' is truly cuntish behaviour, what in your opinion is taking babes just born from mothers hands, selling or starving them, throwing the starved ones into sewerage pits. Saying now, 'nothing to see here, run along now'?

                                                                                                      Just want a guage of your moral compass.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        If whispering 'you should be ashamed' is truly cuntish behaviour, what in your opinion is taking babes just born from mothers hands, selling or starving them, throwing the starved ones into sewerage pits. Saying now, 'nothing to see here, run along now'?

                                                                                                        Just want a guage of your moral compass.
                                                                                                        I think they are both pretty bad dude...
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          And fuck every fucker that says it was a different time when there are living breathing walking around victims. In their thousands.

                                                                                                          Fuck I really didn't want to get back into this frame of mind.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                            Seems mental someone who left Ireland in last few years fair enough but Mr Murphy who has been living in Wisconsin for 40 years they shouldn't have say in Irish politics. Not to mention it would almost guarantee Sinn Fein win every presidential election. Northern Ireland votes plus the overseas votes with the rose tinted glasses. Also whose gonna pay to administer this? The actual tax payers of the country. How many people would be eligible to vote in this? Many multiples of the actual population of the county? Absolutely bizarre.
                                                                                                            My initial instinct is to vote 'no' on this one, for sure.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                              Seems mental someone who left Ireland in last few years fair enough but Mr Murphy who has been living in Wisconsin for 40 years they shouldn't have say in Irish politics. Not to mention it would almost guarantee Sinn Fein win every presidential election. Northern Ireland votes plus the overseas votes with the rose tinted glasses. Also whose gonna pay to administer this? The actual tax payers of the country. How many people would be eligible to vote in this? Many multiples of the actual population of the county? Absolutely bizarre.
                                                                                                              At least it would only be the president which is mostly irrelevant. If they were to have a vote in referendums as well that would be a big no from me anyhow for the reasons you mention.

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                My initial instinct is to vote 'no' on this one, for sure.
                                                                                                                Seems like a no brainer why would you vote to dramatically diminish your voting power.

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  I think they are both pretty bad dude...
                                                                                                                  No. Sorry man, but no.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    And fuck every fucker that says it was a different time when there are living breathing walking around victims. In their thousands.

                                                                                                                    Fuck I really didn't want to get back into this frame of mind.
                                                                                                                    Just to put a bit of historical context on this:

                                                                                                                    What would have happened to all of those people in the absence of mother & baby homes, orphanages, laundries etc?

                                                                                                                    Not in some imagined paralell universe where the state provided proper social services, but in the context of the time.
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      I thought this was interesting.
                                                                                                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TIt0ITM_RM

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        Just to put a bit of historical context on this:

                                                                                                                        What would have happened to all of those people in the absence of mother & baby homes, orphanages, laundries etc?

                                                                                                                        Not in some imagined paralell universe where the state provided proper social services, but in the context of the time.
                                                                                                                        families would have not had the outlet which they perceived gave their daughter and child some sembelance of a decent life. They would have had to face the music and it would have become the norm for families to look after their own. At worst, some families would have shunned and turfed out their chilldren but there would have been no hiding place for their acts . An opportunity was seen by the evil powers that were and they fully exploited it. Why you take their case is as baffling as Penny Lane sticking up for Trump. Was it bread of heaven ?
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Solksjaer!; 12-03-17, 22:33. Reason: 100 spelling errors

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          Going to be a referendum at some point to see if non resident citizens can vote in presidential elections. I assume it'll be held in tandem with something else, such as the 8th amendment one if it happens, or else it'll get about a 10% turnout I'd say.
                                                                                                                          Any time limitations being talked about for this?
                                                                                                                          Bollox you should be allowed to vote for anything if you've been gone for over X amount of years.

                                                                                                                          *Yet to decide on X, 3-5 I'm thinking off the top of my head.

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X