Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
      My guess is cheltenham
      Somone selling kitchens i bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        I bought a red Dell today. I bought it coz my last one was a red Dell & it lasted since 2010 despite being on 16 hours a day. So buy a red Dell.

Thats about the limit of my technical advice though im afraid.

Shit, please dont break my new computer BBV.
        so you werent in that much of a hurry
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            wow, prices of laptops are through the floor. Is there anything that would immediately spring to mind from that website that would be worth the extra if you wanted to spend a few hundred more?

E.g. this looks like a step up at twice the price from HP, but don't really know how to know if its worth it.
            This would be better than that, newer i5 and newer architecture gpu. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...=ho01f-21&th=1

Accepting kickbacks in gin.

Comment

Comment

Can also get a free xbox elite controller with the above (£120). I will claim it for you ^^

EDIT: also accept weird dessert sandwiches

Comment

Comment

Mad stuff going on in Westminster. Guy shot by police and car mowed down five people driving away. Seemingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      Mad stuff going on in Westminster. Guy shot by police and car mowed down five people driving away. Seemingly.
                      Very odd. Someone got inside the gates and there is an incident there but it would appear looking at this that the car drove up the footpath from south towards Westminster rather than away from it and crashed into a side gate that remained closed

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Burley is treacherous

Comment

The URL gives you binary again...

binary to text gives you gps

gps gives you
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Sterlng fgs @10/1
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Time to test out the 'BBV knows all' theory once more....

Afterschool care in Dublin - 3 primary school kids. We pay €10 p/h for kids to be picked up from school, brought to our house and minded until one of us gets home by 5.30. She also brings her own kid along too. We don't pay her for holidays.

Childminder now intimating that this is too little. Are we mean exploiters or is this on the money? Nobody sensible seems to know so asking you lot.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  Sterlng fgs @10/1
                                  Should be about 100/1 considering he's injured and on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                    Should be about 100/1 considering he's injured and on the bench.
                                    I shall be demanding a refund...
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Afterschool care in Dublin - 3 primary school kids. We pay €10 p/h for kids to be picked up from school, brought to our house and minded until one of us gets home by 5.30. She also brings her own kid along too. We don't pay her for holidays.

Childminder now intimating that this is too little. Are we mean exploiters or is this on the money? Nobody sensible seems to know so asking you lot.
                                      We pay €100 a week from 1 till 4 for 1 kid. €10 an hour seems a bit cheap for 3 kids
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

It's a shade on the low-side I'd have thought. Would expect to pay €12 anyway, and probably D3 postcode premium down your way.

Comment

Never paid for such a service but 10 sounds fair to me and to student daughter who works a couple of min wage gigs. Its more than min wage and its not like its even as intense as real childminding.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Never paid for such a service but 10 sounds fair to me and to student daughter who works a couple of min wage gigs. Its more than min wage and its not like its even as intense as real childminding.
                                            probably fair to mention she has her own car and thus can drop kids to\from a couple of activities as well

I'm trying to persuade Mrs DIII that eldest doesn't need minding any more but not getting too far with this line of attack

Comment

Paid 100 a week for mia from 2.40 to 6 pm, always kinda paid that. Holidays I always paid too. One childminder we came to an agreement that I would pay half for holidays.
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Obviously haven't a clue, but think €10/h would be fine if it was one kid/dog. While 3 of them obviously shouldn't be thrice the amount, anything less than 1.8 sounds like value to me.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                  Obviously haven't a clue, but think €10/h would be fine if it was one kid/dog. While 3 of them obviously shouldn't be thrice the amount, anything less than 1.8 sounds like value to me.
                                                  I accept your generous offer

Comment

Wondering who would be hospitalised first; Collie, kids or dog

Comment

Wondering who would be hospitalised first; Collie, kids or dog
                                                      I'd prefer to be in an ICU over taking care of someone else's 3 sprogs.

Comment

Kinda shocked at Channel4 naming the suspected London terrorist like the twitterati, and then retracting it 30 minutes later.

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 22-03-17, 21:23.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          It's a shade on the low-side I'd have thought. Would expect to pay €12 anyway, and probably D3 postcode premium down your way.
                                                          $12 p/h and half for holidays seems to be the accepted rate

this is eating into my wine budget and that in a year with a Bordeaux-based holiday. Pretty sure I minded myself from the age of 6 onwards.

Comment

Comment

We pay €15 an hour in poverty-wage France for babysitter. Clearly need some of Raoul's negotiation skills.
                                                              pay €8 to babysitter but seeing as she is usually fast asleep when we arrive home this actually seems generous

Comment

Just saw the end of a Grand Designs there, and a couple had self built what looked like a combined bedroom and bathroom

I've seen a few hotels/airbnbs with something similar. WTF?

Comment

Just saw the end of a Grand Designs there, and a couple had self built what looked like a combined bedroom and bathroom

one could trim one's beard efficiently with such a setup

Comment

Hope they close the lid before they flush.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Don't get why you would pay her for holidays she isn't there for, or am I misunderstanding?
                                                                          She seems to have mistaken nixer-dom for salary-land

Comment

All this serious grown-up talk means it is clearly time to plug the Aintree Tipping Comp.

Win this and you could pay for some childminding.

Comment

Don't get why you would pay her for holidays she isn't there for, or am I misunderstanding?
                                                                              I paid hol pay as I was getting hol Pay and she was such a good minder, I felt she deserved it too. If I took a day off sick I also paid her, as she was always available to mind my child why should she be out of pocket.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                I paid hol pay as I was getting hol Pay and she was such a good minder, I felt she deserved it too. If I took a day off sick I also paid her, as she was always available to mind my child why should she be out of pocket.
                                                                                Did she pay tax like you did too?
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                  No but she was absolutely fantastic to mia, took her off on days out for treats, birthday xmas presents, she was just fantastic. And imo deserved it tbh. Her and her husband treated her like like one of their own. Homework done well fed etc. Worth every penny. She then got a full time job. I was sick. A good reliable child minder is extremely hard to find.
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I wouldn't mind 3 kids belonging to somebody else for 10 quid an hour.

Seems to be on the cheap side, I would have thought 15-18 an hour would be closer to the mark?

The house cleaner is 12.50 an hour so would defo pay a child minder more

Comment

'The Taxpayers Party' V, I keeps tellin' ya!

This will be our route to looting the exchequer ruling benevolently in the interests of all.

Comment

Easily known the horse head elite are minted ye miserable Fookers
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

A good reliable child minder is extremely hard to find.
                                                                                          This is so true.

If you could set up an after school club in Dublin and charge €5 p/h, you would be fucking minted within 6 months. Hire a bunch of Brazilian illegals on slave wages and Bob's your uncle.

Comment

Easily known the horse head elite are minted ye miserable Fookers
                                                                                            Minted before tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                              I wouldn't mind 3 kids belonging to somebody else for 10 quid an hour.

Seems to be on the cheap side, I would have thought 15-18 an hour would be closer to the mark?

The house cleaner is 12.50 an hour so would defo pay a child minder more
                                                                                              Zero qualifications or training required, cash in hand work? GTFO

Comment

Minted before tax.
                                                                                                Em hello I know the feeling

Completely pulled back on sales over it. Just hit my target now. Not doing anymore. Wages work out the same if I do double target more or less, fuck that.
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Formal training, no but keeping three kids alive is an art form in itself

Comment

Em hello I know the feeling

Completely pulled back on sales over it. Just hit my target now. Not doing anymore. Wages work out the same if I do double target more or less, fuck that.
                                                                                                    V will change all that. Keep an eye out for our literature.

Comment

V will change all that. Keep an eye out for our literature.
                                                                                                      A middle rate band at 30% for the next 25k would be the sweet spot I reckon. I'm personally still very taken with the idea of a universal income approach but that's probably a second term project!
                                                                                                      Last edited by V for Vendetta; 22-03-17, 22:39.
                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

$12 p/h and half for holidays seems to be the accepted rate

this is eating into my wine budget and that in a year with a Bordeaux-based holiday. Pretty sure I minded myself from the age of 6 onwards.
                                                                                                        When you heading to bordeaux?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                          When you heading to bordeaux?
                                                                                                          End July\start Aug. More Dordogne but a couple of day wine raids planned.

Comment

It has been a few years since I had a childminder. My last one did it for free for a few years

I had my two when they were young watched by a English lady who was a qualified childminder who moved to Ireland. The son was with her from 9-6 and she collected the daughter from the school bus at 2. She made home cooked dinners for them every day and all she took and never took a penny more was €120 per week for all that.

I used to buy little things for her to show my appreciation.

This is so true.

If you could set up an after school club in Dublin and charge €5 p/h, you would be fucking minted within 6 months. Hire a bunch of Brazilian illegals on slave wages and Bob's your uncle.
                                                                                                            Aimee is in the Breakfast club and After school club here. The breakfast club is free and the afterschool is €0.85 per hour and they are open till 6.00pm
                                                                                                            They have one of the teachers come each day to be homework tutor and we get the choice of paying extra for food or you put extra in their lunch box.

It is a great service and well worth it!

Comment

End July\start Aug. More Dordogne but a couple of day wine raids planned.
                                                                                                              There from Aug 12-24. On the plane though so will have to leave most of what I see on the shelf

Comment

The brasser doing the ama got what by boards standards was, so to speak, an extraordinarily easy ride on her tax arrangments

Comment

The missus left a note on the fridge , it's just not working I'm going to mothers. I Opened the door the light was on ok and the juice was cold. Wtf is the bint on about ?

Comment

10er an hour ? Raoul ya tight bollix , what happened to El stunt dog ?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      The brasser doing the ama got what by boards standards was, so to speak, an extraordinarily easy ride on her tax arrangments
                                                                                                                      Well in fairness how would she declare it? It's like asking a drug dealer to declare 'income' for tax.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        Well in fairness how would she declare it? It's like asking a drug dealer to declare 'income' for tax.
                                                                                                                        Technically the tax legislation covers illegally sourced income and includes it within the charge to income tax

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          Seems we missed the millionth post. Just 1100 or so past it. 5star, any idea what the millionth was?
                                                                                                                          It was what's for tea.
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X