Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had about 25 on Wednesday on the cutting down of trees outside the Spar.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        Calling bullshit on your story mate ,this was in the times,which bus travellers dont read
        Your battles inspire me - not the obvious material battles but those that were fought and won behind your forehead.

Comment

@Zuut

What do you think of your local airport renting out one of its Hangars for a rave? Strange one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish Wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes
            I have the 1981 RTE Radio adaptation of Ulysses shared here for anyone who wants to give it a spin
            Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Its organised by the chapter titles and some of the files inside the folders are are organised in order like U01_001 followed by U01_002 etc.
            others are named in order of line number like U06_0001-0241.mp3 followed by U06_242-0497.mp3 and U06_0498-0762.mp3 etc

The radio adaptation also works well to read along with.
            My killer piece of advice for anyone a bit apprehensive about giving it a go is to skip to chapter 3 and start from there, you can go back to 1 and 2 later on.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
              @Zuut

What do you think of your local airport renting out one of its Hangars for a rave? Strange one.
              Dafuq?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Dafuq?
                You do your flying from Weston right?

Update: 2ManyDjs added to the bill. It's a long way off yet but Samhain Festival, the one-day festival buzz around Halloween returns this year and

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  really? I thought universities were meant to be places for the free exchange of ideas.

Or is it only ideas you agree with that are OK?
                  Thats unfair, he's not selling any ideas there, he is using someones death to spew a pathetic hate filled rant.
                  His big Idea is that people being what they are is an disorder, he is wrong our laws say he is wrong.
                  It is no different from him saying that it is a disorder to be African, Jewish or ginger.
                  He is clearly a crank, close as makes no difference to being mentally ill and not really a good cause to argue the finer points of free speech

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                    You do your flying from Weston right?

http://nialler9.com/samhain-is-bring...gar-in-dublin/
                    Jaysus that's weird. The price they charge for hangarage and then they kick your plane out in the middle of winter for a night to make more money!

Comment

What's the liklihood of all 3 Barrett brothers plain against the Lions at the same time. Has 3 brothers done it before at international RU?

Comment

ty ty - you linked before some clips of Heaney reading his own work, I've been tracking it down ever since without success. Any help?
                        Oh yea, its the complete works read by him, they are amazing. I don't see them saved on the cloud but I do have them on a fileserver at home I'll re up them over the weekend.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            In other news QOTSA are playing the 3 arena in November.
                            Tickets on sale next Thursday 9am and a very reasonable 50quid plus whatever fee TM add on

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              Tickets on sale next Thursday 9am and a very reasonable 50quid plus whatever fee TM add on
                              Be about 90 quid so.

Comment

excellent - thank you.
                                Can't wait until that Movie' Educating Banaher ' comes out.

Comment

Overrated imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    went looking for some of my few interactions on there over the years, but could only find this one:

all-staff

hitch to all-staff:

thought there was one about the spar shop selling stale pizza, but can't find it anywhere
                                    A new guy (at-the-time) in my company sent an email to all staff by accident, about his soup being missing from the fridge, along with a picture of said soup. The soup had been half eaten by the way, the thief had made off with half a soup.

Bear in mind we have several different US locations and also something in Australia, and this email went to everybody, even the owners of the company.

This has not been let go at all, he can not live it down. There have been plenty of photoshopped pictures of the soup appearing around the world. When the whole company and our families went on holiday to the US there was much discussion on the soup, I believe there was several pictures of it hitting cocktail bars, drinking margaritas, posing with sexy girls and having a great time in universal studios.

Oh, I found a few on my desktop:

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-06-17, 14:18.

Comment

This is huge Trump claims that Robert Mueller told him to fire Comey

That or Trump is actually in deep psychosis

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        This is huge Trump claims that Robert Mueller told him to fire Comey

That or Trump is actually in deep psychosis
                                        Seriously, your obsession with Trump is waaaay beyond unhealthy now. He is actually not that bad you know.
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Any lunch strewel?
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to say objectionable things.

It's a useful way of sorting the sound from the unsound.
                                            Free speech does not equate to consequence free speech.
                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

In other news QOTSA are playing the 3 arena in November.
                                              I was surprised at this. Their high water mark was 15 years ago.
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                Seriously, your obsession with Trump is waaaay beyond unhealthy now. He is actually not that bad you know.
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Amazon taking over whole foods. Makes us one step closer to:
                                                  Tesco's five hour war with Denmark. From "Time Trumpet", broadcast 18th August 2006

Comment

Danish seem to be the focus of the weirdest/best videos:

From the Norwegian TV show Uti Vår Hage on NRK.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                      Free speech does not equate to consequence free speech.
                                                      The consequence of this particular bout of free speech being that we can identify him as a bollix.

He's still entitled to his views.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          Danish seem to be the focus of the weirdest/best videos:

SPOILER
                                                          For sure, we saw this in the modern art museum in copenhagen a few years back. Subtitles are NSFW

Comment

Need some help with something folks...

I wonder if there are any IPB'ers in the following Countries who could help with a project I am doing. I am looking for the names of 3 celebrity entrepreneurs from the following Countries. I know I can google but want to know what the "people" think are famous rather than just a google thing if you know what I mean. For instance I have Alan Sugar, Richard Branson, Simon Cowell.
                                                            Someone who may have been on a TV show. That kind of thing.

I have friends from various places, but just wondering if you know anyone from any of these below. If you have any info can you shoot me a PM?

Cheers

United arab Em
                                                            Saudi Arabia
                                                            Kuwait
                                                            Bahrain
                                                            Oman
                                                            Qatar
                                                            Sweden
                                                            Norway
                                                            Finland
                                                            Indonesia
                                                            Singapore
                                                            Italy
                                                            Russian fed
                                                            Spain
                                                            Malasysia
                                                            Vietnam
                                                            Brazil

Comment

Comment

Off to see Crow Black Chicken. Always a cracking night

Comment

I'm going to watch an episode of Have I Got News For You for the first time in at least a decade. I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

Comment

Meh

Comment

V's robot lawnmower video feels long overdue.

Comment

Installed one in work today for some ponce in Shrewsbury Road. Mower is called RoBoMow. Lol. And it's shite craic

Comment

Had to laugh at someone pointing out that Greg isn't even the best boxer from Crumlin in his weight division.

49:1

Comment

No Aldi gin in the local Aldi for 2 weeks now. It's worse than the great Argentinian Malbec shortage from last year.

Settled on some Tesco finest gin. Holy fuck, it's 43% alcohol. That extra few makes a scary difference.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                No Aldi gin in the local Aldi for 2 weeks now. It's worse than the great Argentinian Malbec shortage from last year.

Settled on some Tesco finest gin. Holy fuck, it's 43% alcohol. That extra few makes a scary difference.
                                                                                Foolish move. Tanqueray is €20 this week.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  Foolish move. Tanqueray is €20 this week.
                                                                                  Time for blind tastes tests. See how good you really are m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                    I must try that some time. Pretty sure I'd do terribly. Might be able to tell Fever Tree from Schweppes though

Comment

We will live stream it. PPV. Suitable undercard to Greg v Floyd.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          How long would it take you to get through a bottle these days? (he inquires nosily)
                                                                                          About 5 hours, maybe 6.

Comment

Installed one in work today for some ponce in Shrewsbury Road. Mower is called RoBoMow. Lol. And it's shite craic
                                                                                            We call ours Mo. It just keeps on running! 😜

It's really not exciting but it's kind of hypnotic to watch. Plus I keep checking the gps tracking on my phone to see what it's been doing. I'll see about a vid...here's an example screen shot. IMG_1857.jpg
                                                                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 16-06-17, 21:55.
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

The British office is just genius, never fails to disappoint. Season 2 episode 1 when the Slough crowd join is a personal favourite.

Comment

i've plenty in stock but I don't plan on stopping drinking it any time soon so where is selling it for 20 a pop?.
                                                                                                On tipple doc. It say tesco €20 for a 700ml €9.75 off.

Comment

Never had it I don't think - must fix that, but the tanqueray rangpur bottle I bought was pretty muck.

Gonna get tipple doc, thanks.

Comment

Jebus, that Helmut Kohl was some seriously obese dude. Well played on living that long.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                      Jebus, that Helmut Kohl was some seriously obese dude. Well played on living that long.
                                                                                                      Stop objectifying men.

Comment

Off to see Crow Black Chicken. Always a cracking night
                                                                                                        Did not disappoint. They never do. Kilcullen isn't a bad little.spot either

Comment

The night I went to see them the DJ after was better.

Comment

Were they playing in The Spout?
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Another 50 pointer for Ireland. Decent summer tour this

Comment

Just went to Higgins Butchers in Sutton.

Probably the best butchers I've ever been in. They do boerwors. Incredible-looking steaks ageing away in some kind of display case. Great charcuterie counter.

Well worth a trip for the meat lovers.

Comment

Jesus, Greg Laidlaw is an awful passer of a rugby ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                                                    At risk of repeating myself, but it's easy enough with gin.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                    Never had it I don't think - must fix that, but the tanqueray rangpur bottle I bought was pretty muck.

Gonna get tipple doc, thanks.
                                                                                                                    Stick to the standard one imo
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 17-06-17, 09:24.

Comment

Were they playing in The Spout?
                                                                                                                      Yes

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                        The night I went to see them the DJ after was better.
                                                                                                                        Good stuff. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X