Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Fuck sake Conor. Thought you would have more cop on. Brief individual exercise.
    Define brief.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Went for a 12k run this morn, keeping within the 2km limit. Got a real disapproving tut tut shake of the head from a motorist.

May have to head out at 4am. Can't just stop running.
      Checked my 5k route and its also within the 2km radius so pretty happy about that. Nice to see builders suppliers and safety equipment suppliers exempt from businesses closing too. Business as usual it is.

Comment

Define brief.
        I drove herself around last night to check if her walking loop was within a 2km radius. Depending on where you cut back through, it can take up to 8km but comfortably within the radius. I see little issue with that.

I do know a guy who was stopped this morning by the Gardai while running and asked where he lived so you might encounter that.

Comment

Fuck sake Conor. Thought you would have more cop on. Brief individual exercise.
          Thanked by the lad with corona virus who's delivering meds to pensioners.

Unless that was just a tasteless joke. Not sure.

Comment

Decided to go heavy handed with the 'aul lad to really hammer home the message of last night.

Me : Morning, did you hear the restrictions last night? You can't leave the house now at all.
            Dad : Yeah, I didn't go out yesterday at all
            Me : Ok, but it's not just yesterday, it's for the next two weeks at least. If you catch the virus, they won't even treat you due to your age and medical history. You'll be left to die on a trolley.
            Dad : If I'm put on a trolley, I hope I die quick, I won't be staying on a trolley too long.
            Me : Yeah, that could happen...
            Dad : You know people with beards are more likely to catch it, that puts you in a higher risk than you think.
            Me : I hope to be ok with health and youth on my side.
            Dad : If I do die, don't bury me for 3 or 4 days. I've come back from been written off as dead a few times now and Jesus rose after 3 days.
            Me : Stay in the fucking house!

I admire the fact that he clearly doesn't give a shit and has no fear of death and I reckon at this stage, there is definitely some element of trolling me, he's probably lol'ing away to himself after every call, the fucker.

Comment

Define brief.
              Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
              I drove herself around last night to check if her walking loop was within a 2km radius. Depending on where you cut back through, it can take up to 8km but comfortably within the radius. I see little issue with that.

I do know a guy who was stopped this morning by the Gardai while running and asked where he lived so you might encounter that.
              This might be handy

How far can you exercise from home during the Government restrictions?

Comment

Define brief.
                5 knuckler

Done my calf in during the week I see no issue with early morning late night runs around the 2k perimeter. Next to zero chance of infection or vice versa

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                  Did they announce anything about Primavera Sound Nos in Porto yet?

Have already resigned myself to the fact it won't go ahead but haven't seen anything official on it yet.

Had that lined up followed by a few days drinking wine along the Douro.
                  Announcement due shortly apparently.

Was due to go to Barcelona but have been looking at flight/accommodation changes and just seems to high a risk of things not being ok by then and ending up out of pocket (currently not at risk of losing anything money wise unless Ryanair don't cancel the flights we currently have booked)

Comment

People disapproving of someone running alone, boosting their aerobic fitness and immune system, never coming within 10m of another soul can go fuck themselves tbqh.

Curtain twitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                      Decided to go heavy handed with the 'aul lad to really hammer home the message of last night.

Me : Morning, did you hear the restrictions last night? You can't leave the house now at all.
                      Dad : Yeah, I didn't go out yesterday at all
                      Me : Ok, but it's not just yesterday, it's for the next two weeks at least. If you catch the virus, they won't even treat you due to your age and medical history. You'll be left to die on a trolley.
                      Dad : If I'm put on a trolley, I hope I die quick, I won't be staying on a trolley too long.
                      Me : Yeah, that could happen...
                      Dad : You know people with beards are more likely to catch it, that puts you in a higher risk than you think.
                      Me : I hope to be ok with health and youth on my side.
                      Dad : If I do die, don't bury me for 3 or 4 days. I've come back from been written off as dead a few times now and Jesus rose after 3 days.
                      Me : Stay in the fucking house!

I admire the fact that he clearly doesn't give a shit and has no fear of death and I reckon at this stage, there is definitely some element of trolling me, he's probably lol'ing away to himself after every call, the fucker.
                      I like him. Tell him he has a new fan

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                        I like him. Tell him he has a new fan
                        I'm putting him up for adoption soon if you're interested...

Comment

If I had a penny for every person who thinks their parents will die if they catch it becuase they have x or y condition.
                          Reality is very few people get to 65+ with a clean bill of health and yet an overwhelming majority of them are surviving this.
                          Constantly telling them they're gonna die will prob have the opposite effect you want when telling them to stay indoors.
                          Not undermining the seriousness of all this but people need to chill with their biases that their parents are feeble and on the edge of death
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            If I had a penny for every person who thinks their parents will die if they catch it becuase they have x or y condition.
                            Reality is very few people get to 65+ with a clean bill of health and yet an overwhelming majority of them are surviving this.
                            Constantly telling them they're gonna die will prob have the opposite effect you want when telling them to stay indoors.
                            Not undermining the seriousness of all this but people need to chill with their biases that their parents are feeble and on the edge of death
                            Apparently an Italian guy of 101 years young who was born during the Spanish Flu pandemic has survived having contracted the virus.

Comment

Thanked by the lad with corona virus who's delivering meds to pensioners.

Unless that was just a tasteless joke. Not sure.
                              I thought Kev was taking the piss but cheers for the dig.

I have self isolated for over 14 days now since symptoms. Am I never allowed out again Conor in your opinion or when in your expert opinion should I be allowed out?

Comment

Sorry Eoghan.

The comment annoyed me and I shouldn't have lashed out at you. Especially given what you've been through.

Comment

Define brief.
                                  Very simple, two km out, two km back. That is the intention. Shouldn't need definitions or attempts to find loopholes.

Comment

Lads already getting narky with cabin fever.

Comment

Very simple, two km out, two km back. That is the intention. Shouldn't need definitions or attempts to find loopholes.
                                      I dont know if it's that simple. As mentioned before if someone took an hour to walk it would that be OK?

Anyway I just thought you were slaghing how long it would take him to run 12k.

Comment

I am interested to hear Conor's thoughts on when I should be allowed out. My mate told me he has enough volunteers for today which is bollox so he obviously disagrees with HSE advice too.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                          I am interested to hear Conor's thoughts on when I should be allowed out. My mate told me he has enough volunteers for today which is bollox so he obviously disagrees with HSE advice too.
                                          I reckon we should get the North Koreans to deal with you, either that or the auld cannon into the Sun

Comment

Do you reckon its 2km out 2km back or stay within 2km of your gaff?

Comment

Went for a 12k run this morn, keeping within the 2km limit. Got a real disapproving tut tut shake of the head from a motorist.

May have to head out at 4am. Can't just stop running.
                                              As long as you're keeping your distance from people I'd have no problem with you going for a three hour run. For good or bad we're not Germans.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

There's an irony in there somewhere about finding a loophole so you can do a loop but I can't quite articulate it.

Well played

Comment

Don't go beyond a 2km radius is the 'rule' /advice. Brief excersise.

How long would it take you to walk your dog 4km?

Comment

I walked the dog out the 2km point and then walked a perfect circumference through people's houses and then 2km back in for a total of 16.56 km.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      Lads already getting narky with cabin fever.
                                                      No cabin fever here. I got out for a brief hour.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

My Dad is very high risk sadly. To be honest, it's a minor miracle that he's still with us, he's not nickname Lazarus for nothing!!

He's been in and out of hospital constantly for the last 25 years or so including a few stretches in ICU.

If he was to catch the Coronavirus, there is not a hope of him surviving it. That's not being dramatic, it's just a fact.

We all joke about it as does he but it's very much a reality.

Comment

Wow. Intelligent people measuring out 2km radius and doing what they want within "the rule".

Comment

I don't know. It is a very honourable thing you want to do, volunteering with pharmacy deliveries. I just think it might be prudent to wait another week or so.

What do the rest of you think?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              Wow. Intelligent people measuring out 2km radius and doing what they want within "the rule".
                                                              I assume Zuutroy is taking the piss tbf. Dont see the problem with going for a run. People out for a walk and a natter would be out longer than I'd be running alone.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                I assume Zuutroy is taking the piss tbf. Dont see the problem with going for a run. People out for a walk and a natter would be out longer than I'd be running alone.
                                                                I assume Zuutroy is taking the piss too, I wasn't talking about him.

The point is you shouldn't be going out. Stay in. But brief exercise if you have to. Running for an hour is not brief exercise, it's doing what you want to do, and if everyone just does want they want to because "Ah sure X,Y,Z" then we are in trouble.

It's the double edged sword of giving a clear guidance. People want to know what it permitted, but then some see the guidance and adhere to it literally as a rule and ignore the principle.

Comment

What do the rest of you think?
                                                                  I want to annoy Eoghan by posting something that only I find funny. Has to have something to do with racing or gamboling. It's been days now and I haven't come up with anything.

Comment

I'll be flouting the letter of the 2Km rule but not the spirit of it.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The point is you shouldn't be going out. Stay in. But brief exercise if you have to. Running for an hour is not brief exercise, it's doing what you want to do, and if everyone just does want they want to because "Ah sure X,Y,Z" then we are in trouble.

It's the double edged sword of giving a clear guidance. People want to know what it permitted, but then some see the guidance and adhere to it literally as a rule and ignore the principle.
                                                                      Tbh, I'm still gonna go for my run. I'm being told to go to work. It can be stressful at times with deadline and targets to meet. I havent been able to train with the GAA club since the ban came in, I've stopped meeting friends and team mates. I just go to work, go home, rinse and repeat. The 30 or so minutes I'm out running is a welcome release from normality and it's a great stress reliever and if I'm breaking some kind of law doing that then so be it.

Comment

I run for my mental and physical health. I run on deserted quiet roads in the countryside. I cross the road if I encounter another human. I worried a day would come when I'd be made feel a prick for it.

I'm doing zero harm but I'll likely stop.

Comment

I thought the walking through people's houses part was a giveaway myself.

I think you are being over critical Hotspur.

As an example, my partner has been following the current guidelines for far longer than they've been recommended. She wanted to know because in her efforts to adhere to the rules, she also wanted some semblance of normality to her routine.

She wasn't checking to push boundaries, rather to know, can she still go on the route she normally does as this is a rather big shock for most people.

Establishing a boundary is not ignoring the principle for many, it's about determining how much normality they can retain.

Comment

I still think, in practical terms, people passing by each other in the street when out for a walk or a run is incredibly unlikely to transmit the virus based on what's known about it.
                                                                            I'm coming around to the idea though, that in order for a reasonable amount of people to adhere to an 8/10 level of compliance you need to present them with a 10/10 level of enforcement.

Comment

I run for my mental and physical health. I run on deserted quiet roads in the countryside. I cross the road if I encounter another human. I worried a day would come when I'd be made feel a prick for it.

Nobody is saying you should stop or that you should feel bad for doing it.
                                                                              (Edit: Hmmm )

Not sure if Kev is trolling or delusional but there is absolutely no one saying you can't run as much as you want to as long as you are staying within a few Km of home.

I'm trying to figure out what the logic underlying the 2Km guideline is and I think they are trying to stop people using cycling and running to continue to clog up parks and the other obvious hotspots.
                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 28-03-20, 13:43.

Comment

Running for an hour is not brief exercise.
                                                                                Yes it is.

Comment

If you're in the countryside on deserted roads then the rule doesn't really mean anything, run 10 miles in one direction if you want if there aren't people around.

Comment

Sports is back baby. Tenner on comet

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Not sure if Kev is trolling or delusional but there is absolutely no one saying you can't run as much as you want to as long as you are staying within a few Km of home.

I'm trying to figure out what the logic underlying the 2Km guideline is and I think they are trying to stop people using cycling and running to continue to clog up parks and the other obvious hotspots.
                                                                                      Stop clogging up the hotspots is the effort.

For example, I'm approx 2km from Tramore beach. I haven't been going there for a number of weeks to walk.
                                                                                      We've driven down to sit in the car but that's it.

I heard the promenade was closed this morning. I assume similar happened at numerous spots along the Greenway and perhaps the Guillamene cove which I'm also approx 2km from.

You know yourself, Gardai will be at Donnellys Hollow for example, they'll be positioned at those type of locations, the 2km limit is just an effort to stop those travelling distances to these hotspots.

Comment

I assumed Zuutroy was making a maths joke. It's just not your time yet, keep plugging away.

Comment

The likes of Lazare and many here have probably been living life in a certain way long before these new rules which achieve the same result as what the current crackdown is trying to achieve. The restrictions are mainly now in place because we have larges amounts of the population who simply need hard rules around what to do because they just aren't capable of understanding the situation or deliberately just don't give a shit.

It is funny that people who probably engaged in actual dangerous and detrimental activities while not being strictly mandated as such can find the high ground to throw eyes at Lazare because they have now been given a compass for what is right and wrong by the government. I know from reading his posts here over years how important running is to him and his well being but sadly Lazare on the other side of the coin those idiots watch you flout certain rules and apply the same logic to flouting rules which cause actual damage and harm.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            (Edit: Hmmm )

Assumed the 2km rule was to stop gobshites travelling to Glendalough and such places all over the country. Heard of some people heading west last weekend as if it was a bank holiday so thats what the restriction is aimed at curtailing imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                              Sports is back baby. Tenner on comet

https://www.facebook.com/33823363298...8305709648265/
                                                                                              FD linked to one on another thread.
                                                                                              This one is like a formula one race, it's fantastically well put together.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Need to add in virtual sports and Marbula One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55iTYdRDG4s

Comment

This was posted on a local page this morning, what do people think?

I work in a local shop and just felt I should write in to say to people that they're not adhering to Leo Varadkars instructions on a "lockdown".

This morning we've been inundated with customers coming in to "just get the paper" or the lotto. SHOPS ARE ONLY STAYING OPEN FOR ESSENTIAL SUPPLIES. That means food. If you're leaving your home (putting yourself and everyone else at risk) to buy the paper or other non essentials then you need to have a look at yourself.

A nurse died yesterday to put it into perspective. Stop being selfish and thinking it's ok to just run out and grab non essentials, it's not ok. Only go to the shop for things you really can't go without. Thanks'

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                  Stop and perhaps the Guillamene cove which I'm also approx 2km from.

.
                                                                                                  Can't wait until I'm in the Guillamene again.
                                                                                                  Feck just thinking that made me all emotional!

Hopefully we will get to do the Snamh Fada in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    This was posted on a local page this morning, what do people think?
                                                                                                    Think newspapers are considered essential. It's probably based on the 1 or 2 people in the country for whom they are their only source of news.

Essential retail outlets
                                                                                                    1. Retail and wholesale sale of food, beverages and newspapers in non-specialised and specialised stores.
                                                                                                    Last edited by ComradeCollie; 28-03-20, 14:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                      The likes of Lazare and many here have probably been living life in a certain way long before these new rules which achieve the same result as what the current crackdown is trying to achieve. The restrictions are mainly now in place because we have larges amounts of the population who simply need hard rules around what to do because they just aren't capable of understanding the situation or deliberately just don't give a shit.

It is funny that people who probably engaged in actual dangerous and detrimental activities while not being strictly mandated as such can find the high ground to throw eyes at Lazare because they have now been given a compass for what is right and wrong by the government. I know from reading his posts here over years how important running is to him and his well being but sadly Lazare on the other side of the coin those idiots watch you flout certain rules and apply the same logic to flouting rules which cause actual damage and harm.

Opr
                                                                                                      Thank you for that Opr.

You do make a really good point. I think I'll endeavour to run at 6am, I do that on work days anyway and I'm alone in the world. And maybe keep it to max 5 miles.

Comment

Lazare you are doing an hours exercise and keeping to Social Distancing rules.

That is what you are doing in black and white., You are fine.

Comment

The UK rhetoric around the coronavirus is really questionable in spots.

Even RTE reporting on deaths in the UK refer to it as "deaths linked to coronavirus" opposed to deaths from coronavirus.

It seems as though the numbers could be used in a far more advantageous manner if there was simple alignment. Irrespective of underlying ailments and/or age, if you contract coronavirus and die while still infected, coronavirus was the cause.

I saw Andrew Neil pushing this narrative but I thought it was more of a fringe view. Brexit has really caused a very fundamental shift in the UK rhetoric. It is just mirroring the polarisation of the US more and more.

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

People disapproving of someone running alone, boosting their aerobic fitness and immune system, never coming within 10m of another soul can go fuck themselves tbqh.

Curtain twitchers.
                                                                                                              to be fair bud, blithely thinking the rules don't apply to you because of *your* exceptional circumstances is precisely why the rules needed to be tightened in the first place
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

this... but briefer
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  to be fair bud, blithely thinking the rules don't apply to you because of *your* exceptional circumstances is precisely why the rules needed to be tightened in the first place
                                                                                                                  He is explicitly staying within the rules though.

Poor take on it DP.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Poor take on it DP.
                                                                                                                    The rules state "To take brief individual personal exercise"

One hour running is not brief.

Comment

I'd even watch Bournemouth v Brighton now . Sports withdrawal kicking in. This is no type of Saturday.

Cant we sacrifice those footie players like the ol Colosseum days of the 70s .

Comment

I thought Kev was taking the piss but cheers for the dig.

I have self isolated for over 14 days now since symptoms. Am I never allowed out again Conor in your opinion or when in your expert opinion should I be allowed out?
                                                                                                                        You should be burned at the stake.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Poor take on it DP.

Do you want your fucking go as well?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X