Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    You've made your mind up Michelle.
    I guess once you go anti vax you can never go back. It's almost impossible to prove a negative. A million other people could have no issue with it but that can't make someone change their mind about what they think is a linked case.

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
      what are peoples thoughts about dublin airport,likelihood of closing?
      currently work there dont want to go near the place.
      last place to close if at all?
      or likely?
      Dublin airport have been tweeting that they are staying open as normal except the airport bars are closed. Doesnt make sense to me to close pubs but keep flights operating but here we are

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Good luck to the UK with that though. Really should have sold the shit out of the FTSE on Friday.
        S&P to drop further than 7% on opening, perhaps hit the second trigger at 14%?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          Dublin airport have been tweeting that they are staying open as normal except the airport bars are closed. Doesnt make sense to me to close pubs but keep flights operating but here we are
          see the chaos in the US airports for what happens if you suddenly close borders
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I'm on hold with HSE for over 90 mins....
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

So with the pubs asked to close, will restaurants be next? That's what I couldnt understand with this #CloseThePubs thing. You're in close contact in a restaurant too. My work announced on Facebook that its business as usual except orders to be collected have to be called in in advance and reps can only go to site by appointment only. Whereas the drivers continue delivering to site as normal I genuinely think it will take one of us to actually get it before they close.
                  Restaurants definitely will be next but it seems from Coveney’s comments today that may not happen for a few days. There is clearly a much better chance in a restaurant to remove tables and restrict capacity than a pub. The government have been really impressive in how they so clearly and calmly communicated in recent days, unfortunately it doesn’t help to quell the WhatsApp rubbish. Amazed at some of the previously rational contacts sending me ‘lockdown imminent’ messages in recent days.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    I'm on hold with HSE for over 90 mins....
                    I was chatting to a nurse who is based more on the management side of things last night.

They mentioned they're under significant pressure especially in paediatrics from an increase in Influenza cases at the minute.

The increase in confirmed cases for that is causing a significant upsurge in calls that they previously would never receive.

Comment

Just found there is a pub in Ballyer open too.

Comment

I would hope that our government is preparing for a lockdown scenario if they decide they need it. Whether they implement it is another thing. We know our health system won't be able to cope unless we seriously flatten the curve, the question is how much impact can we tolerate? Overreacting as bad as underreacting imo.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                          I was chatting to a nurse who is based more on the management side of things last night.

They mentioned they're under significant pressure especially in paediatrics from an increase in Influenza cases at the minute.

The increase in confirmed cases for that is causing a significant upsurge in calls that they previously would never receive.
                          called the GP and receptionist will call me back at some stage....
                          I 100% understand the volumes must be insane. Sooner the better they set up more mobile testing centres. I've seen a few vids from army mate about some in the midlands

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                            ...My partners friend is a paramedic..They had a meeting today.. leo holding a conference tomorrow at 11:00am,...Pretty much locking down from midnight tomorrow/Tuesday 08:00, not allowed outside unless proper reason, limit on people in shops, been monitored by army... She was there when he was telling his wife, who was obviously extremely pissed off and worried about it all...He said the amount of calls to houses for people that have it is so much more than is being told that it is shocking... They were also told there is an 80%-90% chance that they will catch it... I know there is massive hysteria and WhatsApp going around all week, but I'd be pretty sure he is legit and not lying about it...
                            ...Also, looking at the coronavirus cases, Italy and spain look like they're gonna be fucked for awhile...
                            Any more predictions, Nostradamus?

Comment

No new announcement coming according to Coveney. Branded RDIII and SatNav rumours as highly irresponsible

Social order breaking down already. Protect your bog roll by any means necessary!

Read the latest news headlines and analysis about politics, sports, business, lifestyle and entertainment from award-winning Irish Journalists.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

called the GP and receptionist will call me back at some stage....
                                  I 100% understand the volumes must be insane. Sooner the better they set up more mobile testing centres. I've seen a few vids from army mate about some in the midlands
                                  Some family members working on one at the minute. They're looking to get it done asap.

Bosses had lofty aims of last Saturday but resigned to it not happening.
                                  Thankfully there was no plans to use it over the weekend anyway. They're hopeful it'll be ready to go on Wednesday.

Comment

Any more predictions, Nostradamus?
                                    You're only pissed because you believed him in the first place
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Wife got the same thing just last week, although waiting on the colposcopy to confirm the state. Shouldn't be too much of a risk at this stage as she had full check five years ago and seemingly its ridiculously unusual for it to progress to something dangerous within five years. HPV also.
                                      Yeah Doc explained how slow moving it was. That they’d probably just observe over time. But colposcopy results indicated it was further on and was better to act now. 4 weeks till results, should be 2 apparently, but everything is pushed out with Coronavirus overload.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                        You're only pissed because you believed him in the first place
                                        Lol. Not quite. Could always check my reply to him. Was trying to tell him his missus was talking absolute pony in a nice way

Comment

Its great that we are back to the 250+ posts a day territory of 2010-2012.
                                          Pleasingly tetchy as well, can't wait to see what it'd be like by day 4 of any actual lockdown.

Comment

Bring back rigger

Comment

Werewolf anyone?

Comment

Imagine if Jack and P&F we’re here for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                  Werewolf anyone?
                                                  Could you sort your sig out. The pic is a dead link but the replacement 'pic not there' image takes up half the bleedin screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    Could you sort your sig out. The pic is a dead link but the replacement 'pic not there' image takes up half the bleedin screen.
                                                    Fancy Trousers I don’t know how

Comment

Comment

Will I remove it for you?

Comment

Comment

Hitch is on my list now.

Comment

Calls for Home Games on Stars, quickly followed by HU4ROLLZ

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                Will I remove it for you?
                                                                Please

Comment

TeamGOAT

Comment

Ah you got married?

* we're all solks now
                                                                    I got 6 months last time I had sex ..boom boom.

Off out now to mix with the day walkers in Newcastle. I've covered myself in mud to avoid standing out . Will bring Lucille with me just in case.

Comment

Who are we piling on next? Dobby got told what to do about work by half the forum, MSN ably took the baton from MrsFD with the anti-vax and got reefed out of it (MVP Courriercollie for going too far).

How about Jbravado when he tests negative and admits his symptoms didn't include fever or cough?

Comment

Re: vaccines, I'm a member of the 11000 strong "Unprocessed Ireland - Health & Wellbeing Group" on Facebook, I find it to be a good test of mindfulness, if you want to practice resisting your anger I recommend having a read. Some choice topics today, elderberries vs corona, homeopathic dentistry, 5G is still killing us - it's radiation messes with your DNA, you need to start wearing shungite stones and place them around your homes. Good sources are derided, bad sources are lauded.

This stuff is terrible for society, and kinda leaving ignorant masses to themselves does not seem to be a good idea. On that note, here is a cool game about fake news, supposed to actually help people discern between it and accurate information. https://www.getbadnews.com/#intro

My best friend, her sister and my gf all had HPV issues, with the latter two requiring surgery to remove early stage cancer. It's sad times when it is preventable. Very lucky to spot it and still be alive.

Comment

or likely?
                                                                          Passenger numbers down 60% today according to news at one and only likely to fall further. Ryanair have also grounded most of their fleet so I'd guess, depending on your specific job, that you may be finished sooner rather than later.

Comment

Am surprised nobody has set up an auld game of werewolf yet
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

SATNAV

Comment

The fucking drama this morning.

Got out of bed just after 10 and hit the shower. Was only out of the shower when the 'aul lads home care team rang. The carer could get in as there was no answer and he was worried as my Dad told him yesterday that he had fallen the day before (obviously Dad doesn't tell me this despite talking to him every day)

I rang him and no answer. I wait a minute and ring again as sometimes he's slow to get the phone out of his pocket, still no answer.

I now get dressed in seconds and break the land speed record doing Ranelagh to Coolock in about 13 minutes, thankfully there was fuck all traffic on the roads. I ring Dad from the car three more times on the way and still no answer.

I've convinced myself that I'm going into the house to find his dead body on the ground. I charge into the house calling him and he appears at the top if the stairs 'What's wrong, what are you shouting for?'

I swear to Jaysus, I don't know how I didn't fucking kill him.

I let rip at him and I reckon I gave him as much of a fright as he gave me, but I'm not counting it as being equal.

He tried to say he'd gone for a walk around the block and left his mobile at home, which is horseshit as why wouod he leave the house when the carer is due to call in and why hadn't he noticed the missed calls on his phone on getting back.

I asked him about the fall he had but it was no longer a fall. He apparently fell asleep on the couch and slide off it and woke up on the floor, I shit you not.

I went off and got spare keys cut and a key safe box so if it happens again, the carers can gain access there and then.

When I got back, I sat him down and told he needs to tell me if he's not alright at the minute but he was adamant that nothing was wrong, he's so fucking stubborn.

It must have taken me about an hour before I stopped shaking. Old age is a fucking cunt and the swapping of the parent /child roles is bloody scary.

Comment

I've found Fine Gaels frontline ministers very impressive the last few days. Levels of subterfuge across the waters quite difficult to watch in comparison.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I'll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                      S&P to drop further than 7% on opening, perhaps hit the second trigger at 14%?
                                                                                      Dropped so quickly they weren't even able to stop it at 7%.
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                        Who are we piling on next? Dobby got told what to do about work by half the forum, MSN ably took the baton from MrsFD with the anti-vax and got reefed out of it (MVP Courriercollie for going too far).

How about Jbravado when he tests negative and admits his symptoms didn't include fever or cough?
                                                                                        My reasons for not saying the synptoms were not this. More so trying to socially responsible insofar as anyone who does reports smptoms does so genuinely and not a cheat guide of how to fast track testing. I'm sure it was said in jest but this thing has the capacity to go one way or the other and hopefully it will fall on the side of human kindness and love, not the other.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          Do people actually view IPB with people's sigs turned on?

Comment

I went out for a hot chocolate yesterday, endangering everybodies lives.
                                                                                            Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                            Do people actually view IPB with people's sigs turned on?
                                                                                            It's the default so yes

Comment

...

Comment

GP receptionist and said there will be a fee for a telephone consult.
                                                                                                and they want payment over phone immediately before talking to me

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

It's the default so yes
                                                                                                  So you're also on 20 posts per page? May god have mercy on your soul

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                    Am surprised nobody has set up an auld game of werewolf yet
                                                                                                    Be the change you want to see m9.

(I'm gonna be too busy to run one but could play)
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

or likely?
                                                                                                      I think it's very unlikely it will completely close. Expect flights to be very low at some stage though
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                                        Bring back rigger
                                                                                                        We need it
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Funnily enough stumbled upon the most beautiful words in a book I was reading earlier.

"May our words be freinds"

Think that applies equally to how we speak and treat not just others but also ourselves in this stressful time.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                            You'll likely read it in a poem written in an orderly queue in a bookies.

Comment

Any recommendations for recent poker strategy books? Interested in cash and tourney options.

Haven't read one in ages and Doke's sat book is *hopefully* en route.

Comment

GP receptionist and said there will be a fee for a telephone consult.
                                                                                                                and they want payment over phone immediately before talking to me
                                                                                                                self isolation.
                                                                                                                Said pointless taking the test as the advice would be the same unless symptoms worsened

Comment

self isolation.
                                                                                                                  Said pointless taking the test as the advice would be the same unless symptoms worsened
                                                                                                                  Was it for you?

Comment

Comment

Yep

Comment

Yep
                                                                                                                        Shows how skewed the numbers are.

My GP referred me this morning and I have heard nothing.

Comment

Actually played online poker yesterday for the first time in years.

It's like the coronvirus reset IPB.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X