Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Planted an apple tree in the calm before the storm. Probably going to get abuse from tree-wankers, armchair arborists, the anti-staking brigade, and the stake at a 45 degree angle types

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
        Planted an apple tree in the calm before the storm. Probably going to get abuse from tree-wankers, armchair arborists, the anti-staking brigade, and the stake at a 45 degree angle types
        Armchair arborist reporting for duty.

Looks grand, obv you need a looser tie between stake and tree and rookie mistake giving away 1/3 your future crop to your neighbour.

Gneiss Gnome

Comment

I don't get much time these days to sit down and watch a bit of TV so when I do its nice to enjoy it. One treat was Football Focus and a rasher sandwich with a cup of tea for an hour on Saturday morning.

First they started bringing in the female presenters. Now this I can take I suppose as most are quite good with interesting views. But now there is more and more womens football creeping into it. They started with highlights of matches and now its more and more interviews and spotlight articles. I have no interest and do not care. Please fuck off and do your own programmes and let me enjoy my hour.

Is this what old age is like?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Is this what old age is like?
            There is a man I know in his late eighties whose will to live has been fuelled over the last couple of years by a powerful hatred for Megan Markle and Leo Varadker, his family are afraid that the lower profile of both in the pages of the Daily Mail might be the end of him

Comment

French banning gatherings of more than 5k. https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020...th-france.html

Comment

In other news . Crazy rainfall in Helsinki this week local sports fields waterlogged all sports off. This morning field is frozen over , cue 100s out ice skating. Fk you climate its Saturday

Comment

Klopp out imo.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Watford

Comment

Coughing all over his daughter, coughing into his hand and touching her, and using her water and then giving it back to her? Scary how stupid some people are.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Coughing all over his daughter, coughing into his hand and touching her, and using her water and then giving it back to her? Scary how stupid some people are.
                        Poor guy probably just smoked a blunt, to calm his nerves.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              That joke is going viral.

Comment

And Trump gets the gender of the first US cv death wrong. Way to inspire confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                  Who's SARRY now. Who's Sarry now.

I'll get me coat .
                                  Hmmm posted this using my habitat time machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Nah. This is exactly the thing that Fox, and the Daily Mail - which also made a feature of this, do. Try to make us think the world is full of idiots to raise the fear level.

Firstly the guy has been in quarantine with his daughter. They're not getting any new illnesses off each other at this stage. Second they've been fully cleared of coronavirus. And thirdly, most importantly, he's being interviewed on global media for the first time in his life and his head has no idea what his hands are doing.

Lets stop all this nonsense of trying to find people to shame. It'll be some of our kids being shamed in a decade if we engrain this way of thinking, as one of them will guaranteed do something stupid. My moneys on my son, that guy takes after his father in terms of dumbassery but seems to have elevated it to a new level.
                                    Where did i mention corona virus?

If i have so much as a sort throat, i wouldn't even think about drinking from the same cup as my daughter, or smearing my germs all over her. It's just common sense, no?

Comment

Comment

Popped in a while ago and they had done a deal 5 handed cor c20k each i think....id say he wants the trophy too
                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Good luck to JBravado on the FT of the deepstack tourney
                                        35K up top
                                        He's back on the stream and down to the final 19 in the Unibet Open. €64k up top in this one. Some man for the deep runs!

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Jason Thompkins and Arazi still in the mix too. I think Gary Stokes is also there.

Comment

Comment

I reckon Liverpool blew there chance to win premiership in front of a crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              He's back on the stream and down to the final 19 in the Unibet Open. €64k up top in this one. Some man for the deep runs!

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Jason Thompkins and Arazi still in the mix too. I think Gary Stokes is also there.
                                              Stokes just text me a pic of his bustout hand. AA v 99, runout 79A 9x for 800k stack.

Comment

Stokes just text me a pic of his bustout hand. AA v 99, runout 79A 9x for 800k stack.

Comment

Jbravado freeroll # 4karma108. Jbravado and I met on boards . I knew him he'd hadn't a fckn clue who I was . He asked for advice publicly and I basically replied by saying fck off down to the Buddhist centre in cork and stay there for as long as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                    Jbravado freeroll # 4karma108. Jbravado and I met on boards . I knew him he'd hadn't a fckn clue who I was . He asked for advice publicly and I basically replied by saying fck off down to the Buddhist centre in cork and stay there for as long as you can.
                                                    That resulted in jbravado giving limpwhacker a 1% for luck and karma. Result for those who hadn't heard was jbravado 19100 limpwhacker 191 rounded up to a deuce

Comment

108 is a hugely significant # in Buddhism and to Buddhist's in general. As a result Sam and I made a joint decision well I did really to suggest that we should tag on an extra .08 % for luck and more pure karma. That didn't work out too bad either we're 9/12 but need to feel a bite more secure before we kick on and romp home. We need more good karma. I believe the more bad karma I purify the better it will pan out for me in the long run. To be eligible to win firstly you need to thank the post lol. Theres a freeroll being announced on Twitter giving away 18 pieces of my 1.08% . Obviously if you're on boards and you follow the limpwhacker on Twitter anytime in the 108 days and you slide into my DMS once you follow me on twitter you win. 0.003%

Comment

It's a complex rigged giveaway and the first 0.54 giveaway will be won by IPB members I suspect.

Comment

Ps. If we need more good karma at any stage in the sweat I'll be back assholes with more free money

Comment

The first of the 18 proud owners of 0.003% of jbravado are FD Mrs FD Satnav Doke Dice Luckforsome and RD3 and Hitch for entertainment provided. Happy Sunday lads n lassies

Comment

The first of the 18 proud owners of 0.003% of jbravado are FD Mrs FD Satnav Doke Dice Luckforsome and RD3 and Hitch for entertainment provided. Happy Sunday lads n lassies
                                                              Send me a pm with your account name please and the money will arrive in your a/c under the reference 4karma4Sam

Comment

Biden wins in South Carolina https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-election.html

Comment

The Honda golf classic final round is interesting players 5 back in triple digita. On the course and with that leaderboard it wouldn't be the worst bet in the world to plum for one of those . I'm going for dufner at 150 to 1 ..

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                    Where can I find the schedule for today's tournaments at the Unibet Open? Cant seem to find it anywhere.
                                                                    12:00 Unibet Open Main Event - Final Day - 60/45/30 - - -
                                                                    12:00 Unibet Super Stack - Day 2 - 30 min - - -
                                                                    12:00 Mini ME €100 + €10 15 min 30,000 Start lvl. 7 1 Re-entry
                                                                    16:00 Progressive Knockout €100 + €100 +€20 15 min 15,000 Start lvl. 7 1 Re-entry

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      Plenty more coming imo.

The national isolation ward in the Matter has capacity for 12 people.
                                                                      Vincent's intensive care unit running at '110%' capacity

Someone would have to explain to me how we've used our time to prepare for this as a state, because I'm not seeing it.
                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                        I reckon Liverpool blew there chance to win premiership in front of a crowd tonight
                                                                        Agreed. I think we'll see all football behind closed doors the other side of the international break. They had to win out through Crystal Palace to do it before then.
                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                          Plenty more coming imo.

Someone would have to explain to me how we've used our time to prepare for this as a state, because I'm not seeing it.
                                                                          Presumably there's been stuff done in the background but it may not be palatable to make it public.
                                                                          e.g., I guess someone has compiled a list of 50,000 operations which can be cancelled to free up hospital resources, but they couldn't release that info.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            Presumably there's been stuff done in the background but it may not be palatable to make it public.
                                                                            e.g., I guess someone has compiled a list of 50,000 operations which can be cancelled to free up hospital resources, but they couldn't release that info.
                                                                            My thoughts too.

I thought the NYT article SP shared made a great point regarding the health of healthcare staff themselves being paramount to the containment phase.

I'd guess a vast amount of preparation being done in the background to prepare them.

Comment

I hope you’re right.

Comment

Seems was little done to screen entries at Airport. Maybe there are political or financial pressure involved? Like if the IRFU cancelled the Rugby would that leave them on the hook for a hefty chunk of costs? If Govt declared it a crisis would that affect insurance or cost liability?
                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Lo you're some man. That place in Cork did seem to help him a lot in certain ways I think. So fair play to you for that. Sticking on a roast and firing up the stream and hope to be watching him later on it.

Good luck to Arazi (chippy) and Blaaaaah too (even though he was terrorizing me a while late Day 1 )

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                    Seems was little done to screen entries at Airport. Maybe there are political or financial pressure involved? Like if the IRFU cancelled the Rugby would that leave them on the hook for a hefty chunk of costs? If Govt declared it a crisis would that affect insurance or cost liability?
                                                                                    Interested to see what happens with the 2 weeks of the Norwegians/Irish Open coming up.

1500 Scandi's followed by 1500 random Euros in an enclosed venue at close proximity. Hotel/Room fully booked up etc etc.....

Comment

Have seen reports of hotels charging no shows who have booked non-refundable rates. Rack rate in some circumstances, one poor chap who got a savage deal using Amex points to book a "free" room has a battle on his hands now not to get stung £1500 for an hotel he can't use.
                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

About 10% of the people catching it in Italy need ICU care.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                          About 10% of the people catching it in Italy need ICU care.
                                                                                          Where did you see that? I knew the Chinese figures were saying ~14% "severely" ill and ~5% "critical". But I didn't see any data on how that manifests in terms of care. I assumed the former was hospital management and the latter as intensive care.

Comment

I hope you’re right.
                                                                                            Part of our business is hospital cubicle curtains. Was chatting to a lad the other day who spent all of last week fitting new tracks and curtains in an unused geriatric ward. All in prep for Covid 19.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Poker players must have a great immune system considering the germs they are exposed to weekly.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Plenty more coming imo.

Well we since it’s basically a very contagious flu we have the preparations that we’re made for the winter flu still in place so.....
                                                                                                    Last edited by RichieM; 01-03-20, 17:46.

Comment

...What did I win?lol...

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                        Well we since it’s basically a very contagious flu we have the preparations that we’re made for the winter flu still in place so.....
                                                                                                        The sooner people stop the mental association of flu/covid-19 the better imo.

School in D9 has a case apparently
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            The sooner people stop the mental association of flu/covid-19 the better imo.

School in D9 has a case apparently
                                                                                                            I was only being a dick about how we didn’t prepare for something we know happens every year so obv we will be massively under prepared for a surprise.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                This isn’t the flu, I don’t think the above applies at all.

Comment

Round the corner from work. Great!

Comment

Just in the door to rail jbravado. Guzzling Guinness to fight off the local infections.

Comment

From boards...

Pretty scary tbh...

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      This is not normally the place to debate medicine but I'm sick of the misinformation and misunderstanding about this.

As a doctor and following this closely, I have not seen any papers that indicate 0.4% mortality as likely. The figure generally estimated is 2-3%, though of course there is considerable uncertainty.

Yes, 0.1% death rate for flu is the generally quoted rate, though of course this varies considerably from year to year.

So, 20-30 times the death rate of flu is our best guess.

But, let's say we accept the extremely low end of the estimate as a 0.4% death rate.

You may regard this 0.4% mortality as negligible, I can assure you that puts you in the minority. Anyone working in this area would regard this figure as high.

As there is no vaccine and no prospect of one anytime soon, and we are only getting started with this outbreak, it is reasonable to expect a lot of deaths worldwide and perhaps in Ireland.

And the figure of 15-20 % needing hospitalisation and 5-10% with very serious illness needing ICU or similar treatment is HORRENDOUS. This may be the real problem here. The hospitalisation rate for flu is only around 1% and needing ICU care is very very rare for flu. In fact I don't think I can recall ever seeing it.

ICU care is incredibly resource intensive. It requires very high staffing, lots of resources and money, and depends on staff who are already in short supply. There are very few ICU beds around as it is. A decent sized Dublin hospital like Connolly Hospital only has 5-6 ICU beds and only 2 of these are in isolation and these are already full every day. A typical COVID patient needing ICU will be there for weeks. Naas hospital has one isolation ICU bed. I could go on.

What happens when you get 10, 20 or 100 extra ICU cases? What happens when you get ICU staff out sick? What happens to the rest of the hospital? There will be no surgeries for a start. The entire hospital will be grossly affected in a system that was already close to breakdown.

What happens if and when the entire country shuts down, with schools, business and shops closed? I'm not saying this WILL happen, but there is a decent chance of it. The UK is already contemplating shutting down entire cities as reported in the papers this morning.

What about the economic and social effects of doing this?

Now, I'm normally someone who gets annoyed at people over-estimating risk and I'd normally be someone who'd argue for a calm response to threats, but this situation is extremely worrying. And it's not going away. This is not likely to be over and done quickly like SARS, this threat may last for years. And even if the threat were actually low, is that how government and people will treat it? The US state of Washington is now in a state of emergency after just one death in the entire US so far. Expect similar strong reactions everywhere. This will greatly affect all of us, rightly or wrongly.

And for those who like to point out the risk is really for old and sick people as if this somehow makes it ok, then I don't know what to tell you except that you have a very strange way of looking at the world if you can so readily dismiss this cohort. These are our parents, relatives and friends. They are not disposable. They are real people too.

You might be 25 and healthy and feel like you have nothing to worry about but some of use are looking at a slightly bigger picture.

Once again, I'm not saying the worst case scenario WILL happen, I'm saying there's a decent chance this could get bad and that if it's bad it will be very bad indeed. And even if it isn't, the uncertainty around it will overshadow and haunt us for a long time. No mater what happens, we'll still be fretting over this in 2 months' time.

I'd love to be wrong about all this of course.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Sam coolered. KK pre flop, he raised the chipleader 44 calls and hits a 4 and it all goes in. Out in 4th

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X