Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    'Potato' you fucking heathen.
    "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

    Comment


      Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      'Potato' you fucking heathen.
      The 'e' goes in when it's plural.

      We had more than one potato frie so 'e' goes in, no?

      Could be wrong, meh!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
        The 'e' goes in when it's plural.

        We had more than one potato frie so 'e' goes in, no?

        Could be wrong, meh!
        You could easily be banished from the country for that. No, that's most definitely not the case!
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

        Comment


          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          You could easily be banished from the country for that. No, that's most definitely not the case!
          Whatever Frenchie!!!

          Comment


            You could have went with the safer 'spuds option but no you decided to risk it and in doing so disrespecting us all including shinners. Get the fk out of my country.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              You could have went with the safer 'spuds option but no you decided to risk it and in doing so disrespecting us all including shinners. Get the fk out of my country.
              Sweet spuds fries doesn't have the same ring to it.

              I've booked a seat on the 6am ferry to Hollyhead tomorrow morning. I'd like to say it was nice knowing ya...

              Comment


                Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                Sweet spuds fries doesn't have the same ring to it.

                I've booked a seat on the 6am ferry to Hollyhead tomorrow morning. I'd like to say it was nice knowing ya...
                Ah here I was joking. That's overreacting . Nobody should ever have to leave our shores again over Potatoes...oops

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Per O'Broin today:



                  SF 37
                  GP 12
                  SD 6
                  = 53

                  where do the other 13 come from? Labour have ruled out government. SPBP are lunatics (unless he is stretching the words 'broad and progressive' to breaking point).
                  ...Feel compelled to mention it is 55 not 53...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    I watched the first ten minutes of the new curb yesterday. Wasn't great. And I'm pretty sure he is recycling the New Year's joke before, doesn't really bode well when that's your opener.
                    'Don't bother calling Ted, we'll know about it if the plane crashes' had me in pain.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                    Comment


                      I like it, though not sure we'll be humming it in 30 years like Goldfinger or Live and Let Die.

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXEW9Bwmft0

                      Comment


                        What a great story. Some of you runners might like it.

                        http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....-marathon-run/

                        Comment


                          Perfect breakfast comedy

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw
                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                          Comment


                            That's a great story.

                            I see the lad that dropped dead's name was Lazaro. Fook. Better not cover meself in wax.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                            Comment


                              Fintan O'Toole with a good piece on the enigma that is Mary Lou: SPOILER[url]https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-the-enigma-of-mary-lou-mcdonald-1.4171372?mode=amp&localLinksEnabled=false&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=HSE+told+a+Dublin+hospice+provider+to++cut+services++to+break+even&utm_campaign=morning_briefing_digest[/url]

                              A few pieces like the Sean Russell commemoration and an Orange Order protest that seem a little odd, to put it kindly.
                              Personally the very recent flip flopping on the border poll is a cause of frustration but hard to deny that her ability to rise through SF in such a short period given her background is quite incredible.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                Fintan O'Toole with a good piece on the enigma that is Mary Lou: SPOILER[url]https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-the-enigma-of-mary-lou-mcdonald-1.4171372?mode=amp&localLinksEnabled=false&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=HSE+told+a+Dublin+hospice+provider+to++cut+services++to+break+even&utm_campaign=morning_briefing_digest[/url]

                                A few pieces like the Sean Russell commemoration and an Orange Order protest that seem a little odd, to put it kindly.
                                Personally the very recent flip flopping on the border poll is a cause of frustration but hard to deny that her ability to rise through SF in such a short period given her background is quite incredible.
                                Behind a paywall?
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                  Behind a paywall?
                                  I had it free up until last year but I don't anymore. I think it's fine to see if you sign up to an account with them but don't pay.

                                  Comment


                                    Could be Big in Japan......

                                    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                    Comment


                                      Have not heard much talk of it but do people think the Olympics are at risk?
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        Have not heard much talk of it but do people think the Olympics are at risk?
                                        yep. big risk at the moment. Already being discussed, but no decision taken obviously

                                        Comment


                                          Report on the radio said yesterday that they're planning to go ahead

                                          Comment


                                            It's great for Rory either way, another valid excuse not to play.

                                            Comment


                                              I was relieved when I paused Uncut Gems and saw there was another hour to go. Didn't feel pot committed into finishing it.

                                              That's three new highly acclaimed movies in a row that I thought were terrible.


                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                Report on the radio said yesterday that they're planning to go ahead
                                                Early days yet.

                                                Comment




                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-02-20, 12:54.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    I was relieved when I paused Uncut Gems and saw there was another hour to go. Didn't feel pot committed into finishing it.

                                                    That's three new highly acclaimed movies in a row that I thought were terrible.

                                                    I think its waaaay overrated and I wasn't too enamoured with the ending. The missus wanted to bin it after 20 mins. Sandler is just immensely punchable but the rest of the cast is good.

                                                    Comment


                                                      One of the worst films I've seen recently and luckforsome recommended it as a fantastic film. Hes gone onto the satnav list of people to ignore about movies.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Uncut Gems was very good. Really impressed with Sandler's performance too.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                          One of the worst films I've seen recently and luckforsome recommended it as a fantastic film. Hes gone onto the satnav list of people to ignore about movies.
                                                          Put me on that ignore list as well then (although I probably am already ), as I thought it was great. A film that keeps making your anxiety levels creep up through the entirety of the movie and finishes so strongly is a winner in my book!

                                                          Comment


                                                            I thought it was shite too. Overboard with the frantic.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                            Comment


                                                              Normally I hate Sandler and pretty much everything he is in but I though Uncut Gems was great and he was excellent in it

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                Uncut Gems was very good. Really impressed with Sandler's performance too.
                                                                Yeah, I agree. Thought it was great. The tension and anxiety you feel watching the movie exactly mirrors the high-wire lunacy Howie is engaged in.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Uncut gems was good but felt it was just missing something. Not enough skulduggery or in the moment wheeling dealing and needed another side story perhaps. But Sandler was very good in it.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Didn't match the tension of shooter mcgavin blowing his big lead on the back 9 to Happy Gilmore.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                      Didn't match the tension of shooter mcgavin blowing his big lead on the back 9 to Happy Gilmore.
                                                                      Never seen it, just bits and pieces. Must watch

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        In these politically turbulent times, it's always good to have a lodestone, a north star, something you can cling onto and regard with certainty.

                                                                        What else can aid you through this revolutionary period of upheaval than entering the 2020 IPB Cheltenham Tipping Competition. Go here for details, simply ship me €50 and await glory to descend upon you. Or, most likely, crushing disappointment. But you can console yourself by rubbing shoulders with giants. Literally so in the case of Dice.

                                                                        Who can dethrone last year's emphatic winner, rounders123? It is whispered that he was running up remote mountains in the deepest recesses of Sligo all winter and, despite his lack of recent run, is bucking and lepping to be let jump a fence. The handicapper has raised him a full stone for his easy victory last year but will all that extra lead suffice to stop this most battle-hardened of stayers? Only one way to find out....
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                          Fintan O'Toole with a good piece on the enigma that is Mary Lou: SPOILER[url]https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-the-enigma-of-mary-lou-mcdonald-1.4171372?mode=amp&localLinksEnabled=false&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=HSE+told+a+Dublin+hospice+provider+to++cut+services++to+break+even&utm_campaign=morning_briefing_digest[/url]

                                                                          A few pieces like the Sean Russell commemoration and an Orange Order protest that seem a little odd, to put it kindly.
                                                                          Personally the very recent flip flopping on the border poll is a cause of frustration but hard to deny that her ability to rise through SF in such a short period given her background is quite incredible.
                                                                          Kinda adds to the general impression that she is a cipher
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            I was going to ask earlier for a Netflix recommendation for the evening, I guess it has to be Uncut Gems.

                                                                            I started 2 series in recent weeks, The Outsider & The Stranger, the former fell by the wayside after 4 episodes, not really into horror and the latter is pretty intriguing so sticking with that for the moment.

                                                                            Will report back with a very uneducated opinion on Uncut Gems later.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              The Outsider started strong and was enjoying it up until it veered off down a road I didn't see coming and which held little interest for me so I ended up dropping it around the same episode.

                                                                              Opr

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Caroline flack found dead

                                                                                That's very sad 40 yrs old.
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                  Caroline flack found dead

                                                                                  That's very sad 40 yrs old.
                                                                                  Sad me bollix. A domestic abuser. G'luck

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                    Sad me bollix. A domestic abuser. G'luck
                                                                                    Wow that's fuckin cold man!

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                      Sad me bollix. A domestic abuser. G'luck
                                                                                      Don't know much about her . What did she do ?

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                        Don't know much about her . What did she do ?
                                                                                        Think she presented love island at one point. Current court case pending for bating the head off her fella.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                          Wow that's fuckin cold man!
                                                                                          Meh, 1 I dont know her so dgaf, 2 I'd say the same if it was a man knocking a woman around that done away with himself

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                            Sad me bollix. A domestic abuser. G'luck
                                                                                            ah here. Come on now Dob.
                                                                                            "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                              Think she presented love island at one point. Current court case pending for bating the head off her fella.
                                                                                              Yeah reading up there now. Bit harsh with yer condemnation imo. Suicide is dark and desperate. You really think that ?

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                Don't know much about her . What did she do ?
                                                                                                She died

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                  Yeah reading up there now. Bit harsh with yer condemnation imo. Suicide is dark and desperate. You really think that ?
                                                                                                  Obvs couldn't handle what was coming with the court case etc. She took the cowards way out instead of fronting up and taking her punishment in court. Feel more sorry for her victim that will never get justice

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Not saying I don't deserve it but I'm obviously being trolled . Fair nuff. I dont care myself but she was hardly Maura Hindley

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Doubling down on being a dickhead Dob. Nice one man.

                                                                                                      People make mistakes, people act awfully.

                                                                                                      Suicide is never the answer, and attitudes like your shitty one just confirm the 'no way out' feeling for people that do make mistakes, which leads to this.

                                                                                                      Fuck you man.

                                                                                                      And if you are trolling, good man. Hope you're stoked.
                                                                                                      "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                        Fuck you man.

                                                                                                        And if you are trolling, good man. Hope you're stoked.
                                                                                                        Ah, he's no Ari Shaffir

                                                                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXDyadStRpE
                                                                                                        Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Not that it should matter in a situation like this but the accuser is not the one pursuing the charge.
                                                                                                          He was actually acting a supporting witness for her.

                                                                                                          Find it hard to believe anyone would think such a thing let alone say it on an online forum. Mind boggling tbh.

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                            Doubling down on being a dickhead Dob. Nice one man.

                                                                                                            People make mistakes, people act awfully.

                                                                                                            Suicide is never the answer, and attitudes like your shitty one just confirm the 'no way out' feeling for people that do make mistakes, which leads to this.

                                                                                                            Fuck you man.

                                                                                                            And if you are trolling, good man. Hope you're stoked.
                                                                                                            Lol. Such irony in one post.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Speaking of suicide, Paul Kelly who was creaming off money from the suicide charity Console killed himself this week after the DPP charged him with multiple counts of fraud.

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                Don't know much about her . What did she do ?
                                                                                                                Caroline Louise Flack was an English radio and television presenter. She began her career as an actress, starring in Bo' Selecta! in 2002 and presented various ITV2 spin-off shows such as I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! NOW! from 2009 until 2010 and The Xtra Factor from 2011 until 2013

                                                                                                                https://www.thesun.ie/news/4943045/g...tly-her-blood/

                                                                                                                Beautiful looking girl, its very sad.

                                                                                                                Surprised at you Dobby. Imagine her poor family. Press seemingly hounding her and obv under huge pressure. The bf sent her valentine wishes on insta it seems so I'd imagine the abuse wasn't horrific.

                                                                                                                It's actually statements/abuse like that, that probably drove her to it in the end I'd imagine.

                                                                                                                So sad that she actually had nobody to turn to.
                                                                                                                Last edited by SatNav; 15-02-20, 19:40.
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                  Obvs couldn't handle what was coming with the court case etc. She took the cowards way out instead of fronting up and taking her punishment in court. Feel more sorry for her victim that will never get justice
                                                                                                                  Take a breath, sit back and really think about what you are saying Dobby.

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Keyboard warriors like dobby should be ignored. Unfortunately not everyone is capable of that and it leads to shit like this. RIP, very sad.

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      Obvs couldn't handle what was coming with the court case etc. She took the cowards way out instead of fronting up and taking her punishment in court. Feel more sorry for her victim that will never get justice
                                                                                                                      Dude, you're a good egg, but you should prob never say that bolded bit.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                        Sad me bollix. A domestic abuser. G'luck
                                                                                                                        She wasn’t found guilty since the case hasn’t even happened yet.

                                                                                                                        Calling suicide the coward’s way out is fucking disgusting. Don’t think you realise how dark a place people need to be when they do it.

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          Dude, you're a good egg, but you should prob never say that bolded bit.
                                                                                                                          I wasnt going to respond to the heat,I've said what I said but I didnt mean suicide is the cowards way out. I have the utmost pity for anyone who feels that's their only choice. I meant cowards way out in not dealing with the Court case and charges which she should have faced up to. I wouldnt want anyone to find themselves in a suicidal position, have lost friends to it and hope I never have a family member suffer that way

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X