Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

800 yoyos already in the Cheltenham kitty.

Sign up today and win the loots to pay for face masks and tinned food supplies.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Think I like Reid even more now.

Gas to think Alex Higgins is still revered as a hero . Met him twice . Was like looking in the mirror. What a cnut.

Comment

How effective to be are those masks?

Comment

James Bond and Auric Goldfinger was the high point of golf cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
            Waste of time. Hit Hitch up for a shot of the vaccine only he believes exists.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Why are they still flying planes full of people in and out of Milan and Tenerife then?

If there is a risk of infection at a rugby match in the open air then the risk is multiples of 10 times worse sitting in an enclose breathing recirculated air for four hours.
              Cause they haven't got the balls. The Rugby match is a slam dunk cancel, but he hasn't actually pulled the trigger on it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Down to the last hundred bottles in the wine cupboard (was telling Mrs V I'd check to see could we last out the virus) and about 30 various tins and jars of French yokes. I'd say we'll be grand.

Not sure WTF I was thinking with a case of Banyuls though.

Comment

After three attempts of power (tv show) I'm finally stuck in. Its fucking brilliant!!
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                        After three attempts of power (tv show) I'm finally stuck in. Its fucking brilliant!!
                        Somehow made it all the way through it. It's a dumb show in general but I'm fine with dumb from time to time. The last season is mindbendingly awful and the 3rd and 4th aren't much better

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                          Somehow made it all the way through it. It's a dumb show in general but I'm fine with dumb from time to time. The last season is mindbendingly awful and the 3rd and 4th aren't much better
                          I'm enjoying it have to say but then again my taste here ain't highly approved
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Was speaking to the surgeon today about the heart operation. He was saying there's a 2% mortality risk in the 30 days post surgery. Which seems very fucking high. I said '2% just seems like a huge amount more than 0%'. He goes well it would be a big increase for me as my heart is great. But you need to consider your base rate mortality from the heart the way it is. This all sounds well and good, but he managed to say it in such a way, with a kinda dismissive hand gesture towards my chest, that I felt he was insulting my heart. Decided to not be defensive and just laugh along given he will personally cutting open my chest and ripping out my poor tattered heart valve. They don't train these folk in bedside manner. I think my heart is lovely.

There was a trainee surgeon in the room and I don't know how she'll get into the profession. Drop dead gorgeous and a wee thing. Yet some day soon she'll be there with the saw cutting open bodies. It could be the beginning of a very weird fetish.
                            She's the one who'll sew you up. They don't tell you that.

Comment

They arent really. They're for infectious people. They aren't going to keep you safe if healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                Not sure if it’s been mentioned before and if it has, here it is again, but any golf fans should listen to the No Laying Up podcasts. Quality journalism and content. YouTube channel is great too.

Some of their last few pods have been very very good.

Peter Kostis interview, he calls out Patrick Reed in a major way.
                                Faxon interview. Great putting insight and lots re Rory putting.
                                Azinger interview. Some frat Ryder cup stories.

All fantastic.
                                Steve Elkington on it last year talking about Monty had me in tears!

Comment

I quite like Patrick Reid. Golf is mostly up it's own arse . He doesn't give a toss. I like that.
                                  Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                  I don't think this is morally worse but it may have a greater negative impact on others than improving a lie:

Outside of the painful speed he plays at, I actually admire his efforts to gain an edge.
                                  I'm with Solks on Reed.

The media's focus of the Koepka interview last week was totally on Reed.

Koepka more or less said it's rampant on tour. Gave example that loads improve a lie at US opens by flattening grass behind ball with a wood in the rough with no intention of using the wood and subsequently wedging out.

I've seen Buba say he was going to play his next shot right handed ( he's left handed ) to get a drop.

Similar to what Murdrum posted, here's Kucher in a bunker last September
                                  the full video is 4 minutes, got a tiny fraction the grief Reed got for the club grounding. For me it's way worse.

Reed seems to thrive on the villain role. Winning golf tournaments isn't easy and without looking at the stats, he does seem a better closer than most % wise when in contention.

There's a fine line between gamesmanship and cheating in most competitive sports. He defo went over it on the grounding but it's a two shot penalty and move on for the rest.
                                  Last edited by nicnicnic; 26-02-20, 02:15.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                    There's a fine line between gamesmanship and cheating in most competitive sports. He defo went over it on the grounding but it's a two shot penalty and move on for the rest.
                                    Kuchar is always trying to gain an edge.

Here's a marshall effectively telling him to GTFO and play his ball

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Masks do two things , the minor one is if you are already infectious with a virus when you cough and splutter it puts some restriction on the amount of droplets containing infectious material that gets into the air.
                                      The more significant role is in limiting the transfer from hand to nose and mouth. In an infectious area no matter how often you wash your hands it is inevitable that you will pick up some infectious material from surfaces, if you are wearing a mask there is a much reduced risk of you transferring that to your nose, mouth and it improves self consciousness of touching eyes which are the other area of easy infection.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        That murder in Kingswood is bizarre.

I would have been running through there this morning at that time only I decided a different route on a whim.

The first reports were saying it looked like she just randomly stabbed the guy to death because he was there. I likely would have been the only one around myself.
                                        Why do you run along with the traffic and noise when there are nicer routes out towards the Canal , Lyons estate, Celbridge etc.?

Comment

When we are at it banning Rugby matches can we get a ban on all these cunce with their stinky machines heating up vapour, glycerin and myriad unknown chemicals mixing it up in their lungs with all their sputum, viruses and bacteria and spewing it out to be left deliberately hanging in the air for minutes.

Comment

Getting ads on instagram for high tech masks now.
                                            My indoor football cancelled due to Andy.

Comment

Why do you run along with the traffic and noise when there are nicer routes out towards the Canal , Lyons estate, Celbridge etc.?
                                              I think he is scared of rats.

Comment

I tend to run the canal at Lyons from late spring on. Went one morning and it was far too dark to run. Need to drive there midweek as the roads are a bit too dangerous. I'll only run them on a Sunday.

Tay Lane up to Rathcoole is a nice traffic free stretch, the main road up by Greenogue is a curse with the truck fumes.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  9 days since I got back from Singapore. Had a bit of a cough and a runny nose this morning. Am definitely gonna die and take half of Ireland with me.
                                                  Will say a prayer at your 40th
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                    You have a point and they definitely need to go away before they can be treated like a proper option in Ireland but the two party system here is insane. I doubt anyone could tell me 5 main differences between the parties here and yet elections are treated like sport here, people out on the streets driving around in trucks drinking and celebrating the elections, and then it's just about how corrupt each party can get while they are in power. Lots of businesses are reliant on their party being in place to be able to make money.
                                                    One of my issues with people who complain about cronyism or corruption, is not that they despise either of them it’s that they aren’t benefitting from them. Often times we just swap one crony for another, so it makes it all the more hypocritical. Obvious with FF swapping for FG and it’ll be the same for SF.

Why are they still flying planes full of people in and out of Milan and Tenerife then?

If there is a risk of infection at a rugby match in the open air then the risk is multiples of 10 times worse sitting in an enclose breathing recirculated air for four hours.
                                                    The air on a modern aircraft is similar standard to that of an operating theatre, they have filters and systems in place to stop the spread of nasties. Why people get sick on planes is from touching their face after picking up surface bacteria rather than what we breathe.

Kuchar is always trying to gain an edge.

Here's a marshall effectively telling him to GTFO and play his ball

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=RK10piWPDws
                                                    Is it just me or does he not put it fully back in the hole after the query?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      Will say a prayer at your 40th
                                                      Please don't cancel it just because I won't be there. I want you all to go on without me.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Please don't cancel it just because I won't be there. I want you all to go on without me.
                                                        If you postpone it for 6 weeks you can make it a fancy dress and come as a zombie and nosh up on DPs curious Brain. If you hold it in the transport club in Crumlin you won’t even stand out too much. At the end of the evening a kitchen knife can be drilled into your skull to render you ‘proper’ dead. We will then hack off DPs limbs and use/reuse them as moving Halloween decorations.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                          One of my issues with people who complain about cronyism or corruption, is not that they despise either of them it’s that they aren’t benefitting from them. Often times we just swap one crony for another, so it makes it all the more hypocritical. Obvious with FF swapping for FG and it’ll be the same for SF.
                                                          So if you had to identify the five biggest groupings of cronies, or insiders, who had government policy implemented to suit them in the last two governments, who would they be?

Comment

Sounds great. In.

Don't even have to pretend we forgot to buy you a present.

Comment

Ireland Italy match off.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                Ireland Italy match off.
                                                                One office in canary wharf just sent home all staff after a few people displayed symptoms. If it's in canary wharf, it's going to spread like wildfire!

Comment

Yesterday evening at the till in Aldi, a woman decided to reveal that she was just back from holiday in Italy. Cue a little bit of panic all 'round, and offers of hand sanitiser.

Comment

Yesterday evening at the till in Aldi, a woman decided to reveal that she was just back from holiday in Italy. Cue a little bit of panic all 'round, and offers of hand sanitiser.
                                                                    most hand sanitisers are useless against the virus sadly

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      Yeah, probably more chance of picking up something from a shared dispenser.

Comment

I'm flying to Schipol tomorrow morning, back Friday. Bringing my runners and the charger for my watch in case I'm there two weeks.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

One office in canary wharf just sent home all staff after a few people displayed symptoms. If it's in canary wharf, it's going to spread like wildfire!
                                                                          That happened in a Dublin docklands office two weeks ago too

Comment

If you postpone it for 6 weeks you can make it a fancy dress
                                                                            People will probably come in "fancy dress" anyway.

SPOILER

Comment

I thought hand sanitiser was effective in some capacity to prevent the spread of this or any other virus? It's just not as effective at stopping a virus vs bacteria spreading.

From what I gathered, hand sanitiser is not quite as effective as good soap and thoroughly washing your hands but it does work to some extent in preventing the spread of the virus.

Comment

I thought hand sanitiser was effective in some capacity to prevent the spread of this or any other virus? It's just not as effective at stopping a virus vs bacteria spreading.

From what I gathered, hand sanitiser is not quite as effective as good soap and thoroughly washing your hands but it does work to some extent in preventing the spread of the virus.
                                                                                as far as i'm aware, only alcohol based hand sanitisers are effective against viruses. The others just kill germs and bacteria.

so basically alcohol sanitisers>>soap>>>>>>ordinary hand gels

Comment

as far as i'm aware, only alcohol based hand sanitisers are effective against viruses. The others just kill germs and bacteria.

so basically alcohol sanitisers>>soap>>>>>>ordinary hand gels
                                                                                  Ah ok, that's where I wasn't sure then, I just assumed a decent % alcohol was in all hand sanitisers.

We have some in work and the smell of alcohol from them is ridiculous.

Using a hand sanistiser without alcohol seems similar to someone saying their teeth are clean when they only used mouthwash.

Comment

In McHughs off licence earlier chatting with a staff member but not about the latest pale ales and craft beer like that HJ would. He said listen I dont want to sound crass but everyone whos dying is quite elderly or has underlying conditions. I kinda of agree with his point and think theres a bit if hysteria about it all. But of course we all have elderly people with underlying conditions in our lives who dont count for any less that the younger and fitter.

Also recent trend of people not researching the location of places before the set out like its 1998. Walking home from work and a young forlorn looking young Indian girl stops her bike and requests my services. I can see she has a slight sweat on her brow and a beautiful traditional Indian ink marking on her forehead. A much more slender marking than the usual tear droplet youd see. I was quite enchanted on seeing the marking under the perspired brow.

She wanted directions to get somewhere and I needed to slow her down saying where are you going?. She was a student going to a local college and by the look of her shed been all round the houses already. I gave her precise instructions and repeated them including a hill she would encounter with an approximate km estimation. ''Illy' she says and confused I said what? Illy, illy?. I didnt have a clue what she meant and at one point said yeah as you do thinkng this is not an important aspect of a conversation so you can move on with it like you would in a noisy pub. Then she says 'Is it illy?' ah right now I have it is it hilly she means. At this stage I could have sent her a way without the hill but it was a more complicated directional so I just dumbed the size of the hill down by waving off her concerns saying youll be fine its a gradual incline.

But my point is people dont seem to be looking up where they have to go before they do. I think this is a grand departure in a way, back to basics if you like.

Comment

Feels odd that we've cancelled a rugby match over a week away when Juventus fans from Europe's most hit area of north Italy are travelling to Lyon tonight for a Champions League match. Massive juxtaposition in how different governing bodies are treating this.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                        Feels odd that we've cancelled a rugby match over a week away when Juventus fans from Europe's most hit area of north Italy are travelling to Lyon tonight for a Champions League match. Massive juxtaposition in how different governing bodies are treating this.
                                                                                        I’d sooner watch any junior game than the Italians they are woeful. Think a gun was put to the head of the irfu when Harris said they should cancel the Game in fairness. I know people make light of it only kills old people I have elderly parents and there grand kids and kids would certainly like them to be around longer.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                          In McHughs off licence earlier chatting with a staff member but not about the latest pale ales and craft beer like that HJ would. He said listen I dont want to sound crass but everyone whos dying is quite elderly or has underlying conditions. I kinda of agree with his point and think theres a bit if hysteria about it all. But of course we all have elderly people with underlying conditions in our lives who dont count for any less that the younger and fitter.

Also recent trend of people not researching the location of places before the set out like its 1998. Walking home from work and a young forlorn looking young Indian girl stops her bike and requests my services. I can see she has a slight sweat on her brow and a beautiful traditional Indian ink marking on her forehead. A much more slender marking than the usual tear droplet youd see. I was quite enchanted on seeing the marking under the perspired brow.

She wanted directions to get somewhere and I needed to slow her down saying where are you going?. She was a student going to a local college and by the look of her shed been all round the houses already. I gave her precise instructions and repeated them including a hill she would encounter with an approximate km estimation. ''Illy' she says and confused I said what? Illy, illy?. I didnt have a clue what she meant and at one point said yeah as you do thinkng this is not an important aspect of a conversation so you can move on with it like you would in a noisy pub. Then she says 'Is it illy?' ah right now I have it is it hilly she means. At this stage I could have sent her a way without the hill but it was a more complicated directional so I just dumbed the size of the hill down by waving off her concerns saying youll be fine its a gradual incline.

But my point is people dont seem to be looking up where they have to go before they do. I think this is a grand departure in a way, back to basics if you like.
                                                                                          Look at this fella with his amusing anecdotes. The neck on him.

Put a stop to his gallop as reigning Cheltenham Tipping Comp champ and sign up today.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            Down to the last hundred bottles in the wine cupboard (was telling Mrs V I'd check to see could we last out the virus) and about 30 various tins and jars of French yokes. I'd say we'll be grand.

Family were away last weekend with the car and the weather was brutal so I didn't want to leave the house. My regular wine stash is empty until I get the stupid plane back, so I was forced to open a 'good' bottle. Found a bottle from Rhone from 2005 that I had no recollection of buying and Vivino and Cellertracker offered no help as to wtf it was so I figured it was the most expendable.
                                                                                            Opened it and it was absolutely horrible. A quick read of the label revealed it should have been drank within 2-3 years. Must have been a table wine that somehow made it into the good fridge. Managed about 1/4 of the bottle before I tapped out and made a cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                              That murder in Kingswood is bizarre.

I would have been running through there this morning at that time only I decided a different route on a whim.

The first reports were saying it looked like she just randomly stabbed the guy to death because he was there. I likely would have been the only one around myself.

Reports now suggesting it was over where he parked his car. Madness.
                                                                                              She seems to have an interesting lifestyle. Although her webite seems to have been taken down.

Comment

WTF? She told me she didn’t drink.
                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Raoul Harbouring deep feelings for Mrs V .
                                                                                                  Whilst Mr V is off scaremongering Pre-pensioners, Raoul is plying mrsV with vino.

1st Episode of The real horsehead elite of Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                    WTF? She told me she didn’t drink.
                                                                                                    Woops.

D and V aren't even that close on the keyboard.

Comment

Raoul Harbouring deep feelings for Mrs V .
                                                                                                      Whilst Mr V is off scaremongering Pre-pensioners, Raoul is plying mrsV with vino.

1st Episode of The real horsehead elite of Dublin.
                                                                                                      I'd be more concerned with what Mrs D is up to while all this is going on.

Comment

I'd be more concerned with what Mrs D is up to while all this is going on.
                                                                                                        Giving someone a break .

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                          do tell some more?
                                                                                                          If you look up
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          Nikki Lajust
                                                                                                          on FB, will give you an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                            If you look up
                                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                                            Nikki Lajust
                                                                                                            on FB, will give you an idea.
                                                                                                            Flicker

Comment

Expect to see Solks out "jogging" with Lazare shortly

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                Juve are Turin aren't they? That's a couple of hours drive from the villages that are closed down.

But yeah it does make the decision look odd. I listened to our chief medical officer trying to explain why we should still allow people fly in and out of Milan but not let them go to a football match and I wasn't hearing anything close to a logical explanation or coherent assessment of the relative risks involved.

Was talking to people much closer to the area today, everyone a bit under pressure, business is still happening but its very quiet. Whole thing isn't helped by them being a nation of hypochondriacs

Comment

What's with the bullshit tendency of soccer coaches to put their hand over their mouth while speaking to their players on the sideline?

Like anyone lip-reading you say 'run faster you overpaid illiterate' is going to make any difference to the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    Family were away last weekend with the car and the weather was brutal so I didn't want to leave the house. My regular wine stash is empty until I get the stupid plane back, so I was forced to open a 'good' bottle. Found a bottle from Rhone from 2005 that I had no recollection of buying and Vivino and Cellertracker offered no help as to wtf it was so I figured it was the most expendable.
                                                                                                                    Opened it and it was absolutely horrible. A quick read of the label revealed it should have been drank within 2-3 years. Must have been a table wine that somehow made it into the good fridge. Managed about 1/4 of the bottle before I tapped out and made a cup of tea.
                                                                                                                    Jaysis the backness

Comment

Juve are Turin aren't they? That's a couple of hours drive from the villages that are closed down.
                                                                                                                      Yeah but they're a bit like Manchester United in a sense that Torino is more of the locals side and their fan base spans far and wide outside Turin so assuming there would be a fair few travelling living in those affected regions.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by The Situation; 26-02-20, 20:56.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Yea that does read horrifically, but true backness wouldn't be spending 30% of your net pay running it, and you'd have someone to deal with never ending stream of things to do to keep it airworthy. Unfortunately it's a bug that's difficult to shake off!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Expect to see Solks out "jogging" with Lazare shortly
                                                                                                                          I resemble that remark.

No a bad looking physco all the same. .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X