Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good article from NYT on it

It’s now clear that the coronavirus epidemic was never going to be contained. What’s next?
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
      Looks like an Italian tourist on holiday in Tenerife has been diagnosed with Corona Virus.

Looks like this is going to be rampant across Europe very soon.
      Time to just let it burn and solve the pensions timebomb?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        Time to just let it burn and solve the pensions timebomb?
        I think I'd prefer to see friends and loved ones live, but that's just me!

Comment

David Squires latest cartoon is a work of genius.

Our cartoonist channels Paul Trevillion and takes you behind the walls of Stockley Park to experience life as a video assistant referee

Comment

Better Call Saul returns I see.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

That murder in Kingswood is bizarre.

I would have been running through there this morning at that time only I decided a different route on a whim.

The first reports were saying it looked like she just randomly stabbed the guy to death because he was there. I likely would have been the only one around myself.

Reports now suggesting it was over where he parked his car. Madness.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                  Looks like an Italian tourist on holiday in Tenerife has been diagnosed with Corona Virus.

Looks like this is going to be rampant across Europe very soon.
                  Few Dublin schools on ski trips in Italy areas too I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Few Dublin schools on ski trips in Italy areas too I heard.

Presented as at risk at the airport, told to jog on
                    It’s almost certainly already here
                    Think I’ll pop to the shop for some beans

Comment

I think I'd rather get the virus than spend 20 minutes with the people posting about it on the boards thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                        I think I'd rather get the virus than spend 20 minutes with the people posting about it on the boards thread.
                        The guys swearing they won’t take any vaccine because that’s been the plan all along? There’s a lot of them
                        Seen ireland has its first case of rubella in years down in cork, wonder how that happened

Comment

What is with these geebag schools organising skiing holidays anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            It’s almost certainly already here
                            Think I’ll pop to the shop for some beans
                            I suspect so too.

Poker events are the perfect situation for it to spread.

Groups of people passing around chips in close proximity for hours on end with a large proportion failing to wash their hands at any point.

If one person had it at any table, the whole room could end up contracting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                              I suspect so too.

Groups of people passing around chips in close proximity for hours on end with a large proportion failing to wash their hands at any point.

Unibet Festival this week brings them in from all over. Although having dodged Legionnaires in that hotel for years now I expect to be ok

PSV get the roadblocks up on the Shannon asap

Comment

Andyfatbastard just back from Singapore and now has a head cold and cough. RIP Andy, few scones in his honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  That murder in Kingswood is bizarre.

I would have been running through there this morning at that time only I decided a different route on a whim.

The first reports were saying it looked like she just randomly stabbed the guy to death because he was there. I likely would have been the only one around myself.

Reports now suggesting it was over where he parked his car. Madness.
                                  Right beside where I live and cycled by at 8 this morn, madness.

Comment

9 days since I got back from Singapore. Had a bit of a cough and a runny nose this morning. Am definitely gonna die and take half of Ireland with me.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                      I suspect so too.

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                        9 days since I got back from Singapore. Had a bit of a cough and a runny nose this morning. Am definitely gonna die and take half of Ireland with me.
                                        RIP

Comment

I'm going to block Andy on here just to be safe, and wash my hands after this post obv.

Comment

The Fionavon Grand National win is how I envision my ultimate survival from this.
                                            Hotspur fallen , Raoul has fallen , HH has fallen ,
                                            Andy has fallen. And here comes Solksjaer over the fence ...

Comment

What is with these geebag schools organising skiing holidays anyway?
                                              Known as ski week these days. Cunts
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Question. If you lose a betting slip from one of those machines you see in PPs etc. Are you fecked?

Comment

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before and if it has, here it is again, but any golf fans should listen to the No Laying Up podcasts. Quality journalism and content. YouTube channel is great too.

Some of their last few pods have been very very good.

Peter Kostis interview, he calls out Patrick Reed in a major way.
                                                  Faxon interview. Great putting insight and lots re Rory putting.
                                                  Azinger interview. Some frat Ryder cup stories.

All fantastic.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Simon Harris on the news now saying he will be contacting the IRFU and requesting the Italy game doesnt go ahead. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                      Question. If you lose a betting slip from one of those machines you see in PPs etc. Are you fecked?
                                                      I'd imagine so unless you remember the exact bet and probably date and time it was placed so they could check

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                        I'd imagine so unless you remember the exact bet and probably date and time it was placed so they could check
                                                        I do

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                          Not sure if it’s been mentioned before and if it has, here it is again, but any golf fans should listen to the No Laying Up podcasts. Quality journalism and content. YouTube channel is great too.

All fantastic.
                                                          I quite like Patrick Reid. Golf is mostly up it's own arse . He doesn't give a toss. I like that.

Comment

Comment

All fantastic.
                                                              I was looking for some type of sports podcast, I'll definitely try that.

@Solks, I'd say you're in the minority on Reed but you can't help admire the ability to win after the few days before the event.

That's two good Sunday finishes in a row, Rory hasn't got a win but last six outings have resulted in six Top 5's

Comment

What is the point of cancelling the Rugby match and not cancelling all travel to and from Italy?

Sounds very hysterical

Comment

I do
                                                                  Contact them so or go into the shop and ask if they can check

Comment

I quite like Patrick Reid. Golf is mostly up it's own arse . He doesn't give a toss. I like that.
                                                                    Not giving a toss is fine. Being a confirmed, witnessed and unapologetic cheater is not.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

If this woman from Met Eireann who does the weather on RTE gets the virus she's fucked, she can't breathe as it is.
                                                                      Stresses me out no end listening to her wheezing through the forecast.

Comment

Not giving a toss is fine. Being a confirmed, witnessed and unapologetic cheater is not.
                                                                        He denies cheating . I thought golfers were taken at their word ?

Comment

He denies cheating . I thought golfers were taken at their word ?
                                                                          It’s not an isolated incident, one of them is definitely on video(Hero world challenge) , another is circumstantially on video (Barclays 2016... which he won), there are a couple first hand and documented cases by former team mates and current PGA players(Koepka and Kisner), not to mention lots of industry voices (Zinger, Chamblee, Kostis).

Hard to take him at his word given all that.

Comment

It’s not an isolated incident, one of them is definitely on video(Hero world challenge) , another is circumstantially on video (Barclays 2016... which he won), there are a couple first hand and documented cases by former team mates and current PGA players(Koepka and Kisner), not to mention lots of industry voices (Zinger, Chamblee, Kostis).

I don't think this is morally worse but it may have a greater negative impact on others than improving a lie:

Outside of the painful speed he plays at, I actually admire his efforts to gain an edge.

Comment

I mean Deschambeau is a prick too, albeit for different reasons.

So I agree! Haha

Comment

considering how hated he is I'd take some of that with a grain of sand.

fake news

Comment

I will say the Zinger interview had me lolling in lots of parts. Lee Westwood and AK feature heavily and it’s a great listen.

Comment

His own parents don't like him.

Good enough for me.

Comment

Simon Harris on the news now saying he will be contacting the IRFU and requesting the Italy game doesnt go ahead. Lol
                                                                                      How is that lol? If it goes ahead, personally think it should be behind closed doors myself.

The chances of Irish supporter running into a supporter from the infested region would be quite high.
                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

considering how hated he is I'd take some of that with a grain of sand.

fake news
                                                                                        You have this backwards Willie.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                          How is that lol? If it goes ahead, personally think it should be behind closed doors myself.

The chances of Irish supporter running into a supporter from the infested region would be quite high.
                                                                                          The lol was at the fact someone mentioned here they hoped it affected the 6 nations, would expect it to be played in an empty stadium tbh or as SP said, if its that serious, just ban all flights from Italy. Keep yer nickers on.

Comment

The lol was at the fact someone mentioned here they hoped it affected the 6 nations, would expect it to be played in an empty stadium tbh or as SP said, if its that serious, just ban all flights from Italy. Keep yer nickers on.
                                                                                            Will you ever feck off with this shite, no need for it.
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I remember going to the Irish Open in Druids Glen as a kid and seeing a bunch of guys blatantly putting their marker down in front of the ball on the greens then putting the ball back in front of the marker when time came to take the putt.

Can't remember who any of the rest were but I remember seeing Wayne Reilly doing it multiple times. I see he's a commentator for Sky now. Was 100% cheating that week anyway.

Comment

Will you ever feck off with this shite, no need for it.

Comment

I remember going to the Irish Open in Druids Glen as a kid and seeing a bunch of guys blatantly putting their marker down in front of the ball on the greens then putting the ball back in front of the marker when time came to take the putt.

Can't remember who any of the rest were but I remember seeing Wayne Reilly doing it multiple times. I see he's a commentator for Sky now. Was 100% cheating that week anyway.
                                                                                                  I once got an 11 on a par 5 . They lost count so I stuck down a 10 . I never got on with the step father . I scratched the hole anyway but with a 10. I also plugged a golfers ball into the fairway as he had a Liverpool cap on and said Fergie was a cheat . Luckily nothing caught on Camera .

Comment

...
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Why are they still flying planes full of people in and out of Milan and Tenerife then?

If there is a risk of infection at a rugby match in the open air then the risk is multiples of 10 times worse sitting in an enclose breathing recirculated air for four hours.

Comment

I thought that was standard in the pro game

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          A decent proportion of our school is walking around with masks at this stage. Great time to be a mask maker.
                                                                                                          Ironic seeing as kids seem to be pretty much immune.

Comment

A decent proportion of our school is walking around with masks at this stage. Great time to be a mask maker.
                                                                                                            Was delivering to a place in sandyford about 2 weeks ago and they had signs up saying they had no masks left and would not be ordering more for people. Apparently they had a lot of unhappy builders that their supplies were being bought up.

Comment

What Reed is accused of, and what you saw, are probably the two most common forms I've seen.

The bunker stuff is so obvious its hard to argue but the marker thing a player can feign a mistake I guess. And lining up many clubs behind a ball can be argued is normal order of play too... but its kinda on the line.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              I thought that was standard in the pro game
                                                                                                              I don't think it is, maybe Im naive? At least not in televised events, although I've never, and doubt the telecasts, are watching too closely for it.

Comment

What Reed is accused of, and what you saw, are probably the two most common forms I've seen.

The bunker stuff is so obvious its hard to argue but the marker thing a player can feign a mistake I guess. And lining up many clubs behind a ball can be argued is normal order of play too... but its kinda on the line.

I don't think it is, maybe Im naive? At least not in televised events, although I've never, and doubt the telecasts, are watching too closely for it.
                                                                                                                A cheat in college too and nearly got kicked out of college, if a random girl I met once who went to the same college as him is to be believed
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                  A cheat in college too and nearly got kicked out of college, if a random girl I met once who went to the same college as him is to be believed
                                                                                                                  Think he stole money from one of his teammates. Moved college and then beat all his former teammates in the NCAA

(Hello—a quick note up top to explain the presence of this story on Tobacco Road Blues, of all places. I’ve been working on a golf book for the past year and a half—Slaying the Tiger: A Year …
                                                                                                                  Last edited by elbows; 25-02-20, 21:49.
                                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...Won 2 VIP hospitality tickets to the Ireland Italy Rugby match...I'm hoping I'll be fine as I'm in a VIP area away from all the peasants that have coronavirus... Also comes with a night in hotel in ballsbridge, although apart from a breakfast included I couldn't be arsed doing the hotel in Dublin...

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                      Think he stole money from one of his teammates. Moved college and then beat all his former teammates in the NCAA

http://tobaccoroadblues.com/2015/01/...-patrick-reed/
                                                                                                                      What a Grade A asshole.

Seems to have pretty much no redeeming features.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Why are they still flying planes full of people in and out of Milan and Tenerife then?

If there is a risk of infection at a rugby match in the open air then the risk is multiples of 10 times worse sitting in an enclose breathing recirculated air for four hours.
                                                                                                                        Everyone entering Malta is getting checked with heat sensor cameras on the way in by nurses, not sure if they intend to attempt to quarantine entire flights if they catch one, nobody really talking about it. Supermarkets panic has set in here after one confirmed case in Sicily though, shelves being emptied all evening.

Comment

Not when most of the mask making factories are in China and you as a mask maker can't open your factory due to the Coronavirus...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X