Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln AINEC.

Comment

FDR
      OBV
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

eh...

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
          I was going to ask earlier for a Netflix recommendation for the evening, I guess it has to be Uncut Gems.

I started 2 series in recent weeks, The Outsider & The Stranger, the former fell by the wayside after 4 episodes, not really into horror and the latter is pretty intriguing so sticking with that for the moment.

Will report back with a very uneducated opinion on Uncut Gems later.
          Stranger, Danger! spoilers;

SPOILER
          Prepare for one of the stupidest fucking plot twists of all time
          So many unresolved plots and threads. Kinda enjoyable if you don't think AT ALL about how everyone goes about their day normally with a missing wife and people get killed for no reason at all.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

SPOILER
            So many unresolved plots and threads. Kinda enjoyable if you don't think AT ALL about how everyone goes about their day normally with a missing wife and people get killed for no reason at all.

series was awful tbh. Can't believe so many people rated it so highly

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Ah, Presidents Day.

Nominate your favourite President. I vote Truman, with LBJ on a close second.
              Bullet head was mine .

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                FAO: Lazare, Solks

Have you been to the renovated Annie Mays yet? I went today for lunch and was very impressed. The food was a high standard and the interior is nice and modern.
                Nipped in a couple of times for a pint. Haven't had food yet, sounds good.

It's a very welcome addition to the village.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

My favourite producer of all time, Andrew Weatherall, is dead aged 56.

FFS. Robbed of another two decades of vision, innovation and joy. Thoroughly unassuming and friendly chap too. Just a pure fiend for music, cared not a jot for money or fame cos everytime he had it all in the palm of his hand he fucked it away over his shoulder and moved on to the next beautiful folly.

RIP.

Comment

FG basically ruling themselves out of forming any sort of coalition.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

SPOILER

SPOILER
                      I figured it was going to end terribly when she walked into the hospital ward in 2nd last episode.

It's one of those things, you persevere hoping things will get better but no poor decision to continue.

On a side note, a mate of mine is on One Day: How Ireland Unwinds Tonight at 9.30, she had an interview on 2FM this morning which apparently went well.
                      She's a great laugh so I suspect it could be good fun, I haven't seen the show before but it's on Season 2 now.

Comment

I didnt hate Stranger. Its definitely a bit trashy but entertaining and suspenseful all the same, I'd take that over your shows that try too hard to be serious and fall on the boring side.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Screamadelica was first CD I ever bought
                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Go on Hitch ya fucking legend. Keep er lit!
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                I'd be putting very little value on anything anyone says in public between now and when someone goes to the Park.

If I was made have a bet right now it would be on FFFGSF with Mickey Martin Taoiseach, Mary Lou Tanaiste, Pascal in Finance, Leo on Brexit and O'Brion in housing. Possible that a deal like that might even extend to being a national government with Greens in environment and Shortall in health leaving Mattie Healy Rae and the rest out in the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Sure, everyone has ruled everything out if you believe the public pronouncements.

Politics is the art of the possible. A deal will be struck at some point, remember it did take nearly three months last time.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    series was awful tbh. Can't believe so many people rated it so highly
                                    If your hungover on a Sunday and binge watch it. It’s passable as your, brain can ignore the glaring plot holes and lack of sense.
                                    But one you think about it, it all falls apart.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and admit I watched that documentary about cheerleading and thought it was class.

Comment

When did you become such an enthusiastic writer of fiction?
                                        Its fairly fanciful alright!

Looks like the calculation will be based on how bad the variations are for everyone.
                                        There are no clearly bad options for SF, opposition against a government with a three + budget lifespan year is probably the weakest.
                                        Only one option for FF that is not disastrous, MM leading a SF + coalition anything else could be game over for them.
                                        Opposition the best of a bad lot for FG but another quick election would probably seen as the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                          I'm going to go out on a limb and admit I watched that documentary about cheerleading and thought it was class.
                                          Watched it with the wife last week, proper athletes, wouldn't cross Monica...
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

watched it also. really enjoyed it, although i think they could have shortened it by 1-2 episodes.

there's quite a few decent sports docs on netflix. check out fearless as well (Brazilian documentary on bull riding), Would love to go to the Brazil event as it looks absolutely nuts!!

Comment

Gimme a B , Gimme an O

Gimme an N Gimme an E

Gimme an R

Comment

Housemate watched this and subsequently watched other cheerleading things, thought they were class yeah.

Comment

Agree, very good watch, a follow up for the Cheerleading enthusiasts is Sarah & Suzanne, I watched it a few years ago when going on a 30 for 30 binge

The trailer for the ESPN Film's documentary "Sarah and Suzanne" part of the network's SEC Storied series. The documentary tells the story of the legendary ri...

Comment

I was gonna get a few cans of compressed air to clean my pc, but I see that there's electronic air dusters on Amazon but not much more. Do they do the trick?

Comment

Where is that new job located Hitch?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Its fairly fanciful alright!

Looks like the calculation will be based on how bad the variations are for everyone.
                                                        There are no clearly bad options for SF, opposition against a government with a three + budget lifespan year is probably the weakest.
                                                        Only one option for FF that is not disastrous, MM leading a SF + coalition anything else could be game over for them.
                                                        Opposition the best of a bad lot for FG but another quick election would probably seen as the worst.
                                                        It'll be pantomine season for a few weeks yet and then we'll see how things play out.

I like that Richard Bruton suggested a Danish-style coalition in the FG meeting yesterday and no-one else present had a clue what that meant!

Comment

It'll be pantomine season for a few weeks yet and then we'll see how things play out.

I like that Richard Bruton suggested a Danish-style coalition in the FG meeting yesterday and no-one else present had a clue what that meant!
                                                          You're making me feel bad now, I read that comment earlier in the IT and I had to google what it meant.

Comment

at a guess, i'd say it's the Grenoble one

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              I was gonna get a few cans of compressed air to clean my pc, but I see that there's electronic air dusters on Amazon but not much more. Do they do the trick?
                                                              They usually have the traditional cans in Dealz. Don't know anything about the electronic dusters, though I'd imagine they're a bit gimmicky.
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Looking to see if it'll be on your wine route?

Comment

Anyone here have a holiday home/rentable property in the wesht? Clare/Kerry area?
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                    Looking to see if it'll be on your wine route?
                                                                    Or rugby.

Big Picture Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      at a guess, i'd say it's the Grenoble one
                                                                      Not much wine up there although I guess you can go via the Rhone.
                                                                      They do have rugby and cheese so that's 2/3 boxes ticked.

Comment

FG not fans of Borgen?

Drew up this earlier on, looks like the top 15% of workers pay ~70% of income tax.
                                                                        SPOILER

Comment

Any of you watched 'Don't Fuck With Cats'? Started into it thinking it was a mockumentary, though apparently it's not. Think I leave it for a while before watching the rest.

When a video is posted online of a mysterious man killing two kittens, internet users across the world leap into action to find the perpetrator. Encouraged b...
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                            Any of you watched 'Don't Fuck With Cats'? Started into it thinking it was a mockumentary, though apparently it's not. Think I leave it for a while before watching the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x41SMm-9-i4
                                                                            Yeah, it's pretty decent. Worth a watch

Comment

Is the homepage link on the bottom of the page broken for anyone else?
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

FG not fans of Borgen?

Drew up this earlier on, looks like the top 15% of workers pay ~70% of income tax.
                                                                                Hardly surprising? Although to hear SF and RBB, those top earners spend their days eating the children of 'the most vulnerable in society'.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                  Anyone here have a holiday home/rentable property in the wesht? Clare/Kerry area?

Yes to both areas. Kerry, based in Killarney for a nife holiday home. Not mine but my ex landlady runs em. Also know a couple of fantastic bnbs in Dingle. Southwest Clare, a place called Carrigaholt, unreal spot to get away from it all and still driving distance to the cliffs etc. Probably would rather not deal with me but cest la vie

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x41SMm-9-i4
                                                                                    Yeah, tough enough watch in places although they dont show anything 'too' gruesome. Yer wan is a bit of a pain but she gets a pass for trying to do good things

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Yes to both areas. Kerry, based in Killarney for a nife holiday home. Not mine but my ex landlady runs em. Also know a couple of fantastic bnbs in Dingle. Southwest Clare, a place called Carrigaholt, unreal spot to get away from it all and still driving distance to the cliffs etc. Probably would rather not deal with me but cest la vie
                                                                                      Ha, no grudges here Dob. I said what I said, and like yourself, make no apologies for it.

Trying to organize a golf trip to the Southwest, don't wanna deal with tour companies tbh. Have convinced the oul lad to drive us about for a small fee so looking for a whole house rental type yoke, no landlady or guesthouse really. Plain ole rental property where we can cook, rest and use as a base.

Comment

Hmmm. Dont particularly know of a let like that, that's central enough for a golf trip tbh. Airbnb might be best bet.

Comment

Praise Allah the champions league is back.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            Is the homepage link on the bottom of the page broken for anyone else?
                                                                                            Works for me. What skin are you using?

Comment

The Brits losing the marbles due to Brexit would be delicious.

Comment

William G Stuart was passionate about the Marbles I recall. 15 to 1 was quiz perfection for me, not as esoteric as University Challenge but still a good brain workout.
                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

The Brits losing the marbles due to Brexit would be delicious.
                                                                                                  News ?

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                    William G Stuart was passionate about the Marbles I recall. 15 to 1 was quiz perfection for me, not as esoteric as University Challenge but still a good brain workout.
                                                                                                    I'll have a pee please Bob

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                      Never been bettered, the reboot of it somehow doesn't work the way WGS version did and the series prize was always an amazing fragment from an ancient greek vase or something like that.

On a similar subject, I'm not one for celebrity shows of any kind, even the versions of quizzes I watch like the chase, pointless and mastermind but Richard Osman's House of Games is great light entertainment. Some excellent games, a few crap ones but they chop and change all the time. The minor celebs who I've mostly never heard of appear to be genuinely enjoying it and Richard is just a class act.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                        News ?
                                                                                                        The Greeks being a sovereign nation within the EU, like the UK used to be, have a veto which they can now use against all sorts of things the Brits want in order to get back what was stolen from them.
                                                                                                        Watching them being packed up and shipped home at an enormous cost to the British taxpayer would be most enjoyable.

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Strewel and V seem to have a real peach of a new elected representative.

Comment

Anyone watch that special forces thing on RTE run by the rangers .(similar SAS one on the foreign channel) It looks tough, a lot of the tasks I do already due to having a crazy 3 year old and to a lesser extend a moderately looney 6 year old. Things I have covered already.

1. The screaming into my face

2. The ‘waking up’ just after I’ve fallen asleep torture

3. The crawling on my belly

4. Having my face rubbed into the ground and then randomly kicked

5. Having to assume command but realising it’s just for a short while

6. Sitting down but NEVEr relaxing as you know the next task is about to be sprung on you without any notice

7. Avoiding Eyeball contact and look straight ahead when the screaming starts.

I think I’m well qualified to go on next years series. I may cry on screen as the break will be so joyous.

Comment

Yes and the one who went off on her hollibobs for 2 weeks pre-election is mine, Kildare making great decisions.

Comment

She's also mine!
                                                                                                                  She get your #1 or did you throw her a #2?

Not that I can talk; the SF yoke here got the highest amount of No 1s in the country.

Comment

Not mine, I vote in the poor part of the county where the one we got landed with is no better and the wan down in Clare is a howl altogether, a committed anti vaxxer and all round gobshite and not the type that even the threat of violence will silence. She should be great value when the national meejia get her number.

The Politburo weren't long about deleting Cronin's Twitter and it looks like there is an army of former balaclava wearers busily purging the record of all sorts of moronic lunacy from the rest of the wheelie bins.

Of all the shite she came out with this is my favourite
                                                                                                                    In 2018, Ms Cronin said Michael D Higgins as president had been “a huge disappointment.”
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-02-20, 12:30.

Comment

retweeting of a message that Hitler was a pawn for a bank owned by the Rothschild family.
                                                                                                                      I mean this is classic antisemitism trope #101.

So either
                                                                                                                      1. She actually believes it. In which case she is unfit for public office.
                                                                                                                      2. Or she is an complete moron. In which case....

It is of course possible to be both at the same time!

In support of Option 2:

She has also criticised the fluoridation of drinking water in Ireland as “poisoning our water”.
                                                                                                                      But then Option 1 comes back into play:

Earlier this week, the Sunday Times highlighted how Ms Cronin accused the Israeli secret service, Mossad, of “sinister” interference in the UK general election to ensure the defeat of Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn
                                                                                                                      and those are just a few samplers of her greatest hits

Comment

And you got a Haughey back too

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          Not mine, I vote in the poor part of the county where the one we got landed with is no better and the wan down in Clare is a howl altogether, a committed anti vaxxer and all round gobshite and not the type that even the threat of violence will silence. She should be great value when the national meejia get her number.

Of all the shite she came out with this is my favourite
                                                                                                                          So the question remains for me, do I stick with voting in the constituency of the anti-vaxxer or do I move it to Cullinane's territory.

I think outside of the logistics, it might make sense to move anyway. No point being inflamed in two spots.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X