Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Sad me bollix. A domestic abuser. G'luck
    She wasn’t found guilty since the case hasn’t even happened yet.

Calling suicide the coward’s way out is fucking disgusting. Don’t think you realise how dark a place people need to be when they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Dude, you're a good egg, but you should prob never say that bolded bit.
      I wasnt going to respond to the heat,I've said what I said but I didnt mean suicide is the cowards way out. I have the utmost pity for anyone who feels that's their only choice. I meant cowards way out in not dealing with the Court case and charges which she should have faced up to. I wouldnt want anyone to find themselves in a suicidal position, have lost friends to it and hope I never have a family member suffer that way

Comment

Dobby 180'ing out there like Phil Taylor.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Robbed off fb but true....

Imagine having a very heated argument with your partner which leads to something being flung across a room in a blind rage - a mistake! Yes it’s a mistake and we are all guilty of them, maybe not violence but I will honestly admit to having had illogical angry arguments with the ones I love and regret even the argument following it.

Now imagine it being plastered all over social media, news outlets and your life and character being broken down piece by piece by millions. Your sensitivities being made into cruel memes. Your broken fore lorn sad face being plastered over every newspaper, website and magazine berating you to be a monster.

Before you cruelly judge, insult, comment or express your unwarranted opinion, look at the pain, suffering and hurt on this beautiful girls face and think about the potential consequences.

Kindness is a gift to everyone that can afford it and we all have the riches to be kind. Use your social media to lift one another up, to value people’s differences, to forgive what you may not understand that might confuse your own feelings.

Caroline Flack should not be dead at 40 years old. Her life is no less valuable than yours or mine and she was a talented beautiful woman who like us all possess our demons.

Think before you act ❤️
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Dobby 180'ing out there like Phil Taylor.
            No 180. It's what I meant the first time.

Comment

On a completely unrelated topic. High Stakes Poker is coming back! One time Sammy Farha please

Opr

Comment

I've just discovered rat kings this evening and may never sleep soundly again.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  Governing body is leagues ahead of soccer. Literally zero doubt. Not ahead of GAA though, I don’t think. Although that’s a better argument because there’s a lot to be said for both.
                  Not sure i agree on the GAA being the better governing body due to I) not taking discipline seriously (how many players get off on appeal, and II) not sorting out the bloody fixture mess.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  I was relieved when I paused Uncut Gems and saw there was another hour to go. Didn't feel pot committed into finishing it.

That's three new highly acclaimed movies in a row that I thought were terrible.

I though it was utter shite too.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Imagine having a very heated argument with your partner which leads to something being flung across a room in a blind rage - a mistake! Yes it’s a mistake and we are all guilty of them, maybe not violence but I will honestly admit to having had illogical angry arguments with the ones I love and regret even the argument following it.

Now imagine it being plastered all over social media, news outlets and your life and character being broken down piece by piece by millions. Your sensitivities being made into cruel memes. Your broken fore lorn sad face being plastered over every newspaper, website and magazine berating you to be a monster.

Before you cruelly judge, insult, comment or express your unwarranted opinion, look at the pain, suffering and hurt on this beautiful girls face and think about the potential consequences.

Kindness is a gift to everyone that can afford it and we all have the riches to be kind. Use your social media to lift one another up, to value people’s differences, to forgive what you may not understand that might confuse your own feelings.

Caroline Flack should not be dead at 40 years old. Her life is no less valuable than yours or mine and she was a talented beautiful woman who like us all possess our demons.

Think before you act ❤️
                    I feel really sorry for her, and liked her a lot, the whole situation is very sad.

I would say though that what she was accused of is..

Originally posted by CNN
                    London (CNN)The former host of the hit British reality show "Love Island" hit her boyfriend with a lamp while he was asleep after suspecting he was cheating on her, a court was told Monday.
                    The former host of the hit British reality show “Love Island,” hit Lewis Burton with a lamp while he was asleep after suspecting he was cheating on her, a court was told Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                      Not sure i agree on the GAA being the better governing body due to I) not taking discipline seriously (how many players get off on appeal, and II) not sorting out the bloody fixture mess.

I though it was utter shite too.
                      I loved it. That Julia. The greatest ass I've ever seen. A glorious frantic mess of a movie .

Maybe Dobby isn't doing a 180 who knows only him . Does it matter ? Nope. Omg that Julia .

Comment

Just finished Bombshell, reasonable enough watch without ever really hitting top gear. The guy who plays Ailes is wonderfully creepy.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Not confirmed.. snip
                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 16-02-20, 00:02.

Comment

Kerry eh.

Comment

I thought Uncut Gems was absolutely fantastic. Frenetic pace of the movie IS gambling as a life. Was knocked out by the film.

On gambling, I wrote this on a docket while waiting almost half an hour in a PP to collect A Shane Ross not to get elected special market bet.

Is there anything better,
                              Than the smell of fish on Moore Street,
                              Depends,
                              Of course,
                              On who placed, won, or fell at the first.
                              Life rolls by,
                              Or should that say slips,
                              An 18/1 winner only fastens
                              Their grip.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Think before you act ❤️
                                I'm not getting involved in the overall piece but you've made two statements now that need to be picked up on.

Firstly saying he sent a valentines message so the abuse "it can't have been that bad" this is a completely false position (not specifically in this case but in general) people who are being domestically abused are often the last ones to admit the scale of the problem. They are brainwashed and beaten down until they believe everything is their fault and despite the best efforts of friends and family around them they will often forgive or even exonerate the abuser of blame completely.

Secondly, this isn't the first time she has been accused of being violent towards a partner. She had a history of lashing out at people so suggesting it was a 'once off heated argument' is disingenuous at best.

Domestic abusers should be called out for what they are, and they should be offered no opportunity to hide.

edit:

I don't know if the allegations are true or not, but given the fact that there is more than one accuser, the elements of the story that have leaked and the willingness of the police to file charges based on the evidence they had it's fair to assume there is some truth to it.
                                Last edited by Iago; 16-02-20, 08:18.
                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                  Domestic abusers should be called out for what they are, and they should be offered no opportunity to hide.

Not even in a coffin?

Comment

Leo the Lion has competition:

Comment

The real dunk contest on last night. Aaron Gordon robbed again but it wasn't the best I've seen.
                                      The first time he lost, he really produced a classic:
                                      Aaron Gordon puts the ball under his legs while jumping over the Orlando Magic Mascot for his second dunk of the championship round at the 2016 Verizon Slam ...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        FFFGGP or bust?
                                        6/4 now...

Comment

Say that putative coalition does somehow hold for its full term and we enjoy continued economic growth with improvements in service delivery, better environmental policy. And the next election is held on a Thursday in May.

Interesting scenario.

Comment

Liverpool are having such a good season that Gerrard might get a retrospective winners medal from 2014 if Man City get docked points from a Premier League investigation into the financial doping from 2012-16.

Is LuckyLlyod a Liverpool fan? And what is he going to do with his 3rd wish from his genie?

Comment

Say that putative coalition does somehow hold for its full term and we enjoy continued economic growth with improvements in service delivery, better environmental policy. And the next election is held on a Thursday in May.

Interesting scenario.
                                              They have the teachers vote anyway.

Comment

... And the next election is held on a Thursday in May.
                                                Why are you assigning so much weight to the Sat in Feb. IMO it has little bearing on the swing.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                  I'm not getting involved in the overall piece but you've made two statements now that need to be picked up on.

Firstly saying he sent a valentines message so the abuse "it can't have been that bad" this is a completely false position (not specifically in this case but in general) people who are being domestically abused are often the last ones to admit the scale of the problem. They are brainwashed and beaten down until they believe everything is their fault and despite the best efforts of friends and family around them they will often forgive or even exonerate the abuser of blame completely.

Secondly, this isn't the first time she has been accused of being violent towards a partner. She had a history of lashing out at people so suggesting it was a 'once off heated argument' is disingenuous at best.

edit:

I don't know if the allegations are true or not, but given the fact that there is more than one accuser, the elements of the story that have leaked and the willingness of the police to file charges based on the evidence they had it's fair to assume there is some truth to it.
                                                  100% on the fact the the victims are usually the most supportive. It is no secret I was a victim of DV in my previous relationship. I cannot condone what Caroline did, we can't always cry it was mental health issue to make everything ok again. What about the boyfriend? I am sure the DV wasn't a bed of roses for him. The Court the day before had them pressing on with the charges, so even with HIS support, it was going ahead. So there must be more to this that we all know.

AN abuser will always make you feel you did something wrong, if you hadn't acted this way, it wouldn't have happened. Many times the police have been called by neighbours, for the victim to say it is all ok.

Just recently here in Malta, a man killed his partner. She had tried to do something before, but without the support of the police (very common here for DV cases) nothing was done and now she is dead.

Violence is NOT ok, no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Why are you assigning so much weight to the Sat in Feb. IMO it has little bearing on the swing.
                                                    Sat: students and other such undesirable elements () are ableto go home and vote.
                                                    Feb: it's cold, it's wet, people are broke and everyone's pissed off.

Comment

Sat: students and other such undesirable elements () are ableto go home and vote.
                                                      Feb: it's cold, it's wet, people are broke and everyone's pissed off.
                                                      It'll be interesting to see if the volume of voters decrease in the event of a 2nd election.

In all likelihood though, people may feel more compelled to vote than the first time around.

I'm not convinced a Saturday made much of a difference and not that it's a fair comparison but I'd be inclined to think the numbers will go up in response if anything.

Comment

Watched Uncut Gems.

Stressed out of my brains the whole way through.

Good flick.
                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                          Watched Uncut Gems.

Stressed out of my brains the whole way through.

Good flick.
                                                          Yeah about sums it up for me.

Just erratic throughout the whole thing.

Sandler is quite good too.

I can understand how people would dislike it and feel that its frantic nature makes it seem disjointed.

Comment

On Uncut Gems, the actress that plays his wife is the wan that sang 'Let it go' from Frozen.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Talking about placing/collecting a bet in a bookies.
                                                              Whats with these orderly single file queues at the bookie counters all about these days like its a post office or something!?. It cringes me out.

Before it was you just go up shoulder to shoulder placing the docket down on any available free counter space whether there is someone there first or not. The quicker you rush and slam the docket on the counter would indicate urgency or a race just about to go off and this would be picked up by staff and acted on. This new docile queuing is just helping make bookie staff act more sedentary like post office staff.

Patient poem writing queue wankers like jbravado are just perpetuating this problem.

Comment

Anyone know if JJP poker still runs out of the whitworth in Drogheda? And if so is there a tournament on tonight?

Tried their Facebook page but seems to be navan posts only

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                  Talking about placing/collecting a bet in a bookies.

Whats with these orderly single file queues at the bookie counters all about these days like its a post office or something!?. It cringes me out.

Before it was you just go up shoulder to shoulder placing the docket down on any available free counter space whether there is someone there first or not. The quicker you rush and slam the docket on the counter would indicate urgency or a race just about to go off and this would be picked up by staff and acted on. This new docile queuing is just helping make bookie staff act more sedentary like post office staff.

Patient poem writing queue wankers like jbravado are just perpetuating this problem.
                                                                  Basically the only people that use bookies are the fishes!!

Comment

Went to the PBR pro bull riding at cowboys stadium last night. Unique experience as cowboys from mexico, canada, brazil, australia and two US teams competed. There was a distinct difference in bulls named armageddon, death from below, satans breath and Buddy's Pet, Top Down, Peep Show. It was a great experience. As an aside there's something special about milfy cowgirls. Two competing camps of clothing, there's the tight jean shorts and small top with boots or the skirts with small tops and boots and then a flowy open cardigan thing.

Comment

Anyone watch the Netflix series about the Ottoman Empire? I love History and finding it really interesting.

Comment

Rory pulling a Rory.
                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Rory pulling a Rory.
                                                                          Stream by any chance? Cricfree is awful

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                            Stream by any chance? Cricfree is awful
                                                                            I am watching on CBS on tv. Sorry homes.

Comment

Sign up here and watch US Golf for free. TV for US Military abroad.

Merica. Hell yeah!
                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Why does everybody know and have strong feelings about this film I've never heard of. What were the other two shit films Denny?

Also bouldering is amazing, if somebody is looking for a hobby.

Comment

10th hole here will play big in the scheme of things for the last group. Should be good viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                    Why does everybody know and have strong feelings about this film I've never heard of.
                                                                                    Because it's about gambling. I've just switched it off right there after 46 mins.

Comment

Sigh Rory. He really can't handle pressure in any form.

Comment

Sigh Rory. He really can't handle pressure in any form.
                                                                                        Aside from the being world number 1, 4 majors and 18 pga tour wins by thirty part.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Aside from the being world number 1, 4 majors and 18 pga tour wins by thirty part.
                                                                                          Nah, wrong perspective imo.

Comment

Nah, wrong perspective imo.
                                                                                            A few mental errors at times but mainly because he's pushing for perfection . He's doing well . Could still win this .

Uncut Gem must insist upon itself too much for some of you .

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                A few mental errors at times but mainly because he's pushing for perfection . He's doing well . Could still win this .
                                                                                                He could. I still hope he does, but given how things have gone... he should be out in front by 2 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  Academic interviews in France are an awful bollix. It starts tomorrow at midday and runs through to 18:30. One hour teaching presentation, one-hour research presentation, one-hour presentation to the directors. That's a lot of fucking material to prep.

The worse thing is that it starts with lunch. Ugh. 90 mins of small talk while trying not to dribble sauce down your face, and using the brief moments of silence to remember the content of the upcoming presentations.

I do about six days of teaching a year at the moment so have kinda lost all that natural fluidity from repeated practice and being able to bluff a whole slide off a glanced word out of the corner of the eye. My teaching style at the moment is to use a single picture as a whole slide and then build a story from that. Trying not to prepare it too much, as sounds stilted, but more developing the story with the class. Which is all grand in a classroom where there's no bother on you, but having severe doubts now how that will work tomorrow.
                                                                                                  Believe in yourself Hitch. I would imagine your reputation preceeds you and they would absolutely love to get you on board. Enjoy the experience.

Comment

If I can give presentations to guys in charge of all the intelligence agencies in the US, who once heard about smiling as a child and decided they wanted no part in it, you'll be grand talking shite to a few of les professeurs. You got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                      Believe in yourself Hitch. I would imagine your reputation preceeds you.
                                                                                                      I would imagine if Hitch walks in there and someone lifts the head while saying "Professeur 'Itch, your reputation precedes you!", that a shiver of fear might go down his spine....

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

My shortlived career in motivational seeking has been justifiably terminated.

Comment

Academic interviews in France are an awful bollix. It starts tomorrow at midday and runs through to 18:30. One hour teaching presentation, one-hour research presentation, one-hour presentation to the directors. That's a lot of fucking material to prep.

The worse thing is that it starts with lunch. Ugh. 90 mins of small talk while trying not to dribble sauce down your face, and using the brief moments of silence to remember the content of the upcoming presentations.

Lunch is the only game in town, that is where it will happen, the rest like the job itself is academic
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Lunch is the only game in town, that is where it will happen, the rest like the job itself is academic
                                                                                                              This! get shit faced and tell your stories! shoe-in!

Comment

I do about six days of teaching a year at the moment so have kinda lost all that natural fluidity from repeated practice and being able to bluff a whole slide off a glanced word out of the corner of the eye. My teaching style at the moment is to use a single picture as a whole slide and then build a story from that. Trying not to prepare it too much, as sounds stilted, but more developing the story with the class. Which is all grand in a classroom where there's no bother on you, but having severe doubts now how that will work tomorrow.
                                                                                                                Lunch to tell you how to pass the tick boxes for he in the afternoon and convince you they are people you want to work with.

Looks like you already have it

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                  Why does everybody know and have strong feelings about this film I've never heard of. What were the other two shit films Denny?
                                                                                                                  In order of preference:

Parasite
                                                                                                                  Uncut Gems
                                                                                                                  1917

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    FAO: Lazare, Solks

Have you been to the renovated Annie Mays yet? I went today for lunch and was very impressed. The food was a high standard and the interior is nice and modern.
                                                                                                                    I'm not a foodie but brought the kids in for lunch. 4 of us Fed for 50 quid . Hope it does well , they made a fuss of us . Hate to be too high brow but the chips were fooking luvely

Comment

Ha. It was actually my first thought!
                                                                                                                      Ya often remind me of Frank Bryant .

Comment

Hmm yeah I think I'll like Parasite since I like his other films, must check it out. Others don't really seem too exciting to me.

Comment

Ah, Presidents Day.

Nominate your favourite President. I vote Truman, with LBJ on a close second.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X