Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    So the world is fucked but I just got engaged
    ... I'm sure a complete coincidence that she got you to ask her a couple of months after your 66/1 Cluxton bet...

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
      Lol watching the Sky News coverage! Everytime I begin to feel some small level of sympathy for them its quickly eroded by their ignorance, arrogance and downright Kuntism!
      The man from Yorkshire at about 23:10 may have been the most punch-able person on tv so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
        ... I'm sure a complete coincidence that she got you to ask her a couple of months after your 66/1 Cluxton bet...
        I had to make sure I got the bike bought before the ring budget went on the table!

Comment

Farage just gone full mental! He hadn't far to go but feck me he is unhinged. The very idea that he was a senior elected official is very worrying.

Comment

Nevermind brexit. Odion fucking ighalo??????

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              Nevermind brexit. Odion fucking ighalo??????
              There is a certain symmetry between the two. Desperate, Ill-informed acts from a once powerful force!

And of course both will end in tears!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                I'm sure Tubridy is lovely but fuck me Tubridy is a fucking gowl
                Did you propose during Arlene Foster?
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Johnny Logan?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    Did you propose during Arlene Foster?

Had to do something to distract myself

Comment

Lads how do you copyright a song, is it enough to do on a USB with written lyrics and post to self and don't open going by Google

Mia's guitar teacher is very impressed told her shorten the song and he had her do it at her jam session tonight where he added other instruments with other pupils. They were all clapping after said it was really good.
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                        Actual flu kills about 400k people per year. This will blow over and be a memory in 6 months.
                        Pfft, it's already causing chaos.

CNY holidays have been extended by up to 10 days in most of the main industrial areas.

Airlines and shipping lines are removing capacity from the market due to the lack of demand as the factories will have an extended holiday.

Best case scenario, they all return to work on the 10th Feb as currently planned and there is just a bit of a back log (both in orders being produced and in getting stuff shipped due to a reduction in capacity) but still a logistical headache.

Worse case, this drags on (for even a few more weeks) and causes serious problems with a lot of companies supply chains which can effect a large range of people.

Also, the capacity being removed on the east bound trade (mainly for ocean transportation) will result in a lack of capacity going west bound in about 4-5 weeks times which can impacts on the cost of Irish (and European) businesses selling into Asia.

Again, if this was in any way prolonged, it could have serious negative impacts to companies this side of the world and in particular in our own back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                          Pfft, it's already causing chaos.

CNY holidays have been extended by up to 10 days in most of the main industrial areas.

Airlines and shipping lines are removing capacity from the market due to the lack of demand as the factories will have an extended holiday.

Best case scenario, they all return to work on the 10th Feb as currently planned and there is just a bit of a back log (both in orders being produced and in getting stuff shipped due to a reduction in capacity) but still a logistical headache.

Worse case, this drags on (for even a few more weeks) and causes serious problems with a lot of companies supply chains which can effect a large range of people.

Also, the capacity being removed on the east bound trade (mainly for ocean transportation) will result in a lack of capacity going west bound in about 4-5 weeks times which can impacts on the cost of Irish (and European) businesses selling into Asia.

Again, if this was in any way prolonged, it could have serious negative impacts to companies this side of the world and in particular in our own back yard.
                          I really enjoy you shooting the shit in here about your job, making world trade happen.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

SF into second place in latest poll ahead of FG. I for one underestimated how toxic FG have become. Can't the this translating into seats for SF. Not sure they are even running enough candidates.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

With the PR system, when exactly do your subsequent selections come into play?

Is it only after your number 1 is eliminated?

Are surplus votes distributed?

Shocking how we don't leave school fully versed in this.

Comment

We did it in school... CSPE class in transition year.

Animation based on the article written by Philip Leone-Ganado for Sunday Circle sundaycircle.com/2013/03/voting-for-dummies/We produced this animation to hel...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                  SF into second place in latest poll ahead of FG. I for one underestimated how toxic FG have become. Can't the this translating into seats for SF. Not sure they are even running enough candidates.
                                  I checked in on Facebook recently for the first time in quite a while. My feed is jammed ful of shares of SF propaganda and anti FG posts. FF not getting as much flack but SF seem to be running an astutely targeted social media campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Maybe take economics lessons from Ray Dalio rather than supporters of crypto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHe0bXAIuk0&t
                                    Really enjoyed this. He does a really good 'idiot's guide' job of explaining such complexity. Enlightening.

One take away from it, given the organic nature of the boom bust cycle, the boom part in particular, it kinda softens for me the idea that FF were solely to blame.

Sad thing though is the fact that it takes such skill, intelligence and dexterity to climb out of a bust and FG are getting annihilated for pulling it off.

All voters need to watch that video.

Comment

Chadley's people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Chadley's people.

Sick of seeing commentators express surprise at the nastiness brexit has unleashed
                                        It was always there, they voted to get their “coolies” back. Some people in Ireland were deceived by the faux niceness on display on the English terrestrial channels but you never had to dig too deep to reach the nasty brutish core. Fuck them. Horrible shithole of a country, beyond redemption, let’s hope they don’t completely fuck things up for us

Comment

...Best streaming app...

...My gift to all of you to celebrate it being February...

...Follow the link and download the app...All you need is an email, completely free... It is by far the best sports stream app going, all of the big soccer matches as well as other sports... Used to be just install and watch, but now an email registration required...

...The registration closes tonight I think it is, and he only opens it up on occasion to keep the numbers of people limited... But quality wise and lack of buffering, NAVI is the GOAT...

...P.s, not affiliated in anyway, just love to share good things in life...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                            ...My gift to all of you to celebrate it being February...

...Follow the link and download the app...All you need is an email, completely free... It is by far the best sports stream app going, all of the big soccer matches as well as other sports... Used to be just install and watch, but now an email registration required...

...The registration closes tonight I think it is, and he only opens it up on occasion to keep the numbers of people limited... But quality wise and lack of buffering, NAVI is the GOAT...

...P.s, not affiliated in anyway, just love to share good things in life...
                                            Cheers lad, looks class on first look

Comment

Really enjoyed this. He does a really good 'idiot's guide' job of explaining such complexity. Enlightening.

One take away from it, given the organic nature of the boom bust cycle, the boom part in particular, it kinda softens for me the idea that FF were solely to blame.

Sad thing though is the fact that it takes such skill, intelligence and dexterity to climb out of a bust and FG are getting annihilated for pulling it off.

My understanding of economics leaves a lot to be desired and I knew less at the time of reading his book but Dalio is excellent at explaining concepts in a very digestible manner.

His book is half life principles and half work principles, he could be talking about any field at all. I think it's actually split in half so you can read one or the other seamlessly.

I was going to say you can work away on my audible but I it was one of the only ones I've listened to via the bros account unfortunately, worth a look though.

Comment

Whoever in Fine Gael is in charge of deciding what videos they will put out on social media must be a strange individual.

Comment

I heard this in the car today and I thought it was excellent

Full album available at:https://wmi.lnk.to/mickfanneryhttps://www.mickflannery.com

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                    Sick of seeing commentators express surprise at the nastiness brexit has unleashed
                                                    It was always there, they voted to get their “coolies” back. Some people in Ireland were deceived by the faux niceness on display on the English terrestrial channels but you never had to dig too deep to reach the nasty brutish core. Fuck them. Horrible shithole of a country, beyond redemption, let’s hope they don’t completely fuck things up for us
                                                    The like of me agree with you.

Comment

Jaysis the band butchered Flower of Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                        It's time to take a look at your sources when they espouse Charles Murray as a close ideological ally.
                                                        Have you ever actually listened to him talk? He's not who you think he is. Try his appearance on Sam Harris's podcast.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                          Where did he swipe it?
                                                          Crack of her arse obvs

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                            Have you ever actually listened to him talk? He's not who you think he is. Try his appearance on Sam Harris's podcast.
                                                            Yes, I've listened to that podcast- I'd say 80-90% of Sam Harris's- admittedly I haven't read the bell curve though. I'd agree with Harris that he had a right to protest regarding being deplatformed in light of US laws around free speech but as I'm sure you're aware his findings have been debunked by numerous people including one of the foremost authorities in the field; Siddhartha Mukherjee who wrote The Gene.

You might find his podcast with Sam Harris interesting where he explicitly questions Murray's methodology and continued persistence to push a debunked theory with racial connotations while working for some of the most right wing think tanks in the US. It's also been debunked by other experts in the field.

Anyone who calls themselves the ideological ally of someone who continues to spout this
                                                            SPOILER
                                                            Originally posted by CharlesMurray View Post
                                                            We are silent partly because we are as apprehensive as most other people about what might happen when a government decides to social-engineer who has babies and who doesn’t. We can imagine no recommendation for using the government to manipulate fertility that does not have dangers. But this highlights the problem: The United States already has policies that inadvertently social-engineer who has babies, and it is encouraging the wrong women. If the United States did as much to encourage high-IQ women to have babies as it now does to encourage low-IQ women, it would rightly be described as engaging in aggressive manipulation of fertility. The technically precise description of America’s fertility policy is that it subsidizes births among poor women, who are also disproportionately at the low end of the intelligence distribution. We urge generally that these policies, represented by the extensive network of cash and services for low-income women who have babies, be ended.

The government should stop subsidizing births to anyone, rich or poor. The other generic recommendation, as close to harmless as any government program we can imagine, is to make it easy for women to make good on their prior decision not to get pregnant by making available birth control mechanisms that are increasingly flexible, foolproof, inexpensive, and safe.

The other demographic factor we discussed in Chapter 15 was immigration and the evidence that recent waves of immigrants are, on the average, less successful and probably less able, than earlier waves. There is no reason to assume that the hazards associated with low cognitive ability in America are somehow circumvented by having been born abroad or having parents or grandparents who were. An immigrant population with low cognitive ability will — again, on the average — have trouble not only in finding good work but have trouble in school, at home, and with the law.

in spite of being proven wrong repeatedly is not someone that should probably be referenced too often.

Comment

My understanding of economics leaves a lot to be desired and I knew less at the time of reading his book but Dalio is excellent at explaining concepts in a very digestible manner.

His book is half life principles and half work principles, he could be talking about any field at all. I think it's actually split in half so you can read one or the other seamlessly.

I was going to say you can work away on my audible but I it was one of the only ones I've listened to via the bros account unfortunately, worth a look though.
                                                              Cheers D, what's the name of it?

Comment

The ref is like a rabbit in the headlights here.

Comment

So, what do we think of Sexton's haircut?
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    He nearly got his whole head cut off there
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I haven't watched this yet but it just has to be good

Comment

Hiding the greys, considering similar myself!

Comment

Don'k know if it's just me but whenever Henderson is in the second row, our scrum invariably struggles.

Comment

FFS Hogg.

Kinda sums up the quality of the game really.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                              Jaysus Galfond is getting murdered in that challenge. Down almost 1bb per hand over 5.5k hands
                                                                              Getting destroyed.

Another update video.

Phil Galfond is 8 days into his EPIC challenge and currently is down about $430,000 to the mysterious European VeniVedi. I will break down all the action ove...

Opr

Comment

That bit of defence will have made up for a lot.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  That bit of defence will have made up for a lot.
                                                                                  Really poor game I have to say. Good conditions and some poor skills by both teams.

Comment

Scotland were the better team with the ball, we were miles better defensively though.

Stander, Furlong, Henshaw, VdF and Cooney all had v good games. Not sure many others did more than 5/6 out of 10 really.

Tough game to have much of an impact on I think. We got a little ragged a few times which suited Scotland too much.

Comment

I'm reading a book about anti gravity...
                                                                                      I can't put it down

Comment

This made my day, my week , my month

So so thoughtful!

and..... this is why I still love my job

Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Nice wan Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                            I'm reading a book about anti gravity...
                                                                                            I can't put it down
                                                                                            I missed that show you were talking about, about that International hair dressing tournament. Were there highlights?

Comment

RIP Andy Gill.

Only 64. His guitar sound/playing inspired many and he was a talented and unique producer too.

My favourite track...

Dual b-side w/(Love Like) Anthrax on the band's first single, Damaged Goods on Fast Product. Released in December of 1978.

Comment

Waste Management Tournament is great banter. I think I'll mosey on down there next year.

Am in Phoenix end of the month, the stadium should still be up. Tempted to play it but a round is 350 USD!!
                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Made a rare foray to the cinema for 1917:

Thought parasite was better, and they're the two favorites for best movie?

Last edited by Denny Crane; 02-02-20, 03:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                    Waste Management Tournament is great banter. I think I'll mosey on down there next year.

Am in Phoenix end of the month, the stadium should still be up. Tempted to play it but a round is 350 USD!!
                                                                                                    Played a fair bit around Phoenix over the Christmas. No premium courses mind you. Golf Now Hot Deals a must. So much choice. Thought I saw TPC Scottsdale Stadium course come up from time to time for reasonable money like $120.
                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The docu on Fairport Convention on Sky arts iis excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            Think it might be time for folks to decide who they want leading the next gov and give first prefs accordingly rather than exploring next level thinking. It's looking like a nailed on FF/SF gov right now. Maybe that's the outcome people want, but I doubt it's a good outcome as both of those will govern together in a race to see who can give all the money away and its hard to see how that will end well. Not that there's anything wrong with spending, just think their actual spending plans are awful. FF wants to spend it all increasing the tax burden on workers to fund the rather well-off pensioners who are their main voting base, and SF wants to increase the tax burden on workers to fund non-workers. The first will lead to long-term awfulness and seems fundamentally unfair. Not sure the second makes a lot of sense either given that any unemployment still left is quite willful unemployment as the economy is at full-employment.
                                                                                                            Thinks it’s more likely a ff/fg government as neither will get enough support and the smaller parties will be fairly fragmented
                                                                                                            Ff as leader will mean the baton been passed from one to the other rather than inviting the shinners in, personally I’d like to see them involved to see can they do as they plan to do

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                                                                              Think it might be time for folks to decide who they want leading the next gov and give first prefs accordingly rather than exploring next level thinking. It's looking like a nailed on FF/SF gov right now
                                                                                                              I would guess that SF's generally poor showing in 2nd and subsequent preferences makes them likely to do significantly worse than the polling suggests.
                                                                                                              This feels like a very unusual election though...

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                                Thinks it’s more likely a ff/fg government as neither will get enough support and the smaller parties will be fairly fragmented
                                                                                                                Ff as leader will mean the baton been passed from one to the other rather than inviting the shinners in, personally I’d like to see them involved to see can they do as they plan to do
                                                                                                                I agree. Another minority government seems the most likely.

No matter what happens, if you're a mid-high earner, you are going to keep paying taxes at a punitive rate. As Hitch says, there is not a single party out there looking out for your interests.

Comment

A bit of sunday morning tunage.

“Young Man’s Dream” performed by Marcus King Acoustic at Easy Eye Sound in Nashville.Marcus King’s debut solo record El Dorado is a Dan Auerbach produced, ge...
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

'The party for people who work in the private sector and make 50k+' is a bit of a mouthful in fairness.

I always thought there was a market for a Taxpayers Party. FG pay lip service to being it but they're not really.

Comment

'The party for people who work in the private sector and make 50k+' is a bit of a mouthful in fairness.

I always thought there was a market for a Taxpayers Party. FG pay lip service to being it but they're not really.
                                                                                                                      Renua like taxpayers

Comment

Renua like taxpayers
                                                                                                                        who?

(actually in all seriousness, do they still even exist)

Comment

who?

(actually in all seriousness, do they still even exist)
                                                                                                                          Apparently so and they're looking for a new leader too.

Aontu seem to be fringe party kicking up a fuss at the minute, they have a pro-life candidate running down in Waterford who's a doctor -real kind, not Hitch kind. As AJ said before, as soon as you see Dr beside a candidates name they immediately become more appealing.

Latest opinion polls
                                                                                                                          FF 24%
                                                                                                                          SF 24%
                                                                                                                          FG 21%

In the space of the two surveys, Fine Gael is down 9 per cent and Sinn Féin up 11 per cent, confirming a trend in other polls.

I think I may have got this wrong:

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          I think due to end of the troubles there's a massive upsurge in a sort of benign support of SF amongst young people (say <23). I guess they've a sort of airbrushed view of history. Being pro SF/pro IRA is in. I'm sure they'll grow out of it once they get jobs.
                                                                                                                          SF have been trending quite poorly electorally in recent years unless the upsurge has begun in the past couple of years and/or those championing SF simply don't vote.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X