Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    I enjoyed this long read about the economics of spiralling education, health and housing costs and thought ye might too:

https://slatestarcodex.com/2017/02/0...-cost-disease/
    It's time to take a look at your sources when they espouse Charles Murray as a close ideological ally.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Strikes me though that the big issue is the 'I only need 6 hours' bit. Realistically if you need more at the weekend then you need more all week. Especially in winter when we naturally need more sleep than during the summer. Even edging that up towards a minimum of 7 hours would probably do you wonders.

I was always around 6:30 hours and now have a normally strict rule on 7:30 hours and it's a ridiculous mood and productivity improvement.

It's more that I currently only get around 6 hours than I think I only need 6.

At the weekends, I get more as the alarm doesn't go off and there is very rarely a deadline to be up for.

It's definitely something I need to look at though

Comment

Those sleep levels would kill me. 11-7:30 or bust. luxurious lie in until 9 every weekend.

Comment

Yeah if I don't get the full eight I'm in bad shape. I'd be a zombie on six hours.

Comment

After shift work I'm not worried unless I get less than 5
            airport, lol

Comment

I think I average around 7 hours, but fuck me what I'd give to be able to drop off within 5 mins of going up. 30 minutes is doing good.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I was in the IFI this evening for a screening of Wine Calling as part of La Nuit Des Idees.

Absolutely brilliant documentary about natural wine producers in the south west Occitanie region of France.

The community they have there is something we should all aspire to, even if we are city living folk.

Must try see if any of the producers are available locally.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                  Someone I know used Revolut in London for the lay-deez payments! they have gone hi-tec
                  Where did he swipe it?
                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Puke central here . Won't be sleeping tonight . Toddler emptying the clip . Not sure if he needs a doctor or an exorcism , impressive hurling. Nothing left unscathed. . Strong brute.
                    Still though I'd prefer it was me .

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                      Someone I know used Revolut in London for the lay-deez payments! they have gone hi-tec
                      Very understanding wife you have there Flushdraw

Comment

I'd love to be able to sleep for 5 hours straight on a regular basis. Have no problem falling asleep (5 mins or so) but usually wake up after about 3 hours, I think it's when I start dreaming. Injured a toe again recently kicking a wall, when I dreamt I was attacked by a mob of emus at my front door.
                        And yeah, I do have the option of sleeping in a bed that doesn't have a wall next to it, though my thinking is that it would just increase my falling out of bed injuries by 50%.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

@Shrap, how are you getting on with your keto diet? Haven't gone that far yet myself, though I'm 3 weeks off the bread and think it might be enough for me to see a real difference.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                              @Shrap, how are you getting on with your keto diet? Haven't gone that far yet myself, though I'm 3 weeks off the bread and think it might be enough for me to see a real difference.
                              really good so far. i'm 3 weeks in of a 12 week cycle, and finding it great. losing about 1.5 kg a week, on a rough 1000 cal deficit. no calorie counting too much as if i'm feeling peckish in the afternoon, i'll eat a piece of cheese or a few slices of saucissons, however, I've never eaten as much butter/cheese/eggs in my life!!

Also back in a gym routine (going 3-5 times a week) which obviously helps, the only big drawback is going out or going to friends for meals, as you can almost never eat what's served, or drink anything either. Body wise though i feel great, loads of energy, sleeping pretty well. Also taking recommended supplements for keto, magnesium and potassium, which has meant i've had very little of the side effects (keto flu).

would recommend.

Comment

Happy* Brexit Day euro-weenies

*i.e. that fucker Farage will hopefully fade away into well-deserved oblivion
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

he'll be after the us ambassadorship
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    he'll be after the us ambassadorship
                                    in his dreams, even BoJo isn't that stupid

he'll probably end up on Fox

Comment

in his dreams, even BoJo isn't that stupid

he'll probably end up on Fox
                                      A louder more braying Piers Morgan.
                                      Sounds about right
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Today is the day the punishment narrative starts.
                                        Every single thing that was pointed out to the cretins as being the inevitable consequences of their stupidity will be transformed into 'The evil faceless undemocratic EU are punishing us because we dared to stand up to them'

Hopefully there will be no softening from Europe, the screws are tightened hard and we can help them see the folly of their ways in double quick time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          Today is the day the punishment narrative starts.
                                          Every single thing that was pointed out to the cretins as being the inevitable consequences of their stupidity will be transformed into 'The evil faceless undemocratic EU are punishing us because we dared to stand up to them'

Hopefully there will be no softening from Europe, the screws are tightened hard and we can help them see the folly of their ways in double quick time.
                                          "You want access to the Single market, you must align"

"We don't want to be rule-takers, can't we just have our cake and eat it?"

"Bye so"

"errrr, we haz no moniez
                                          can we join your club?"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Ugh, that speech from the father of the three kids. Just the depths of despair within it.
                                                  I found it a bit bizarre . I feel for the guy but something feels odd about the whole thing .

So so sad

Comment

Comment

Find the coverage so grim. Don't understand the need to publish full names, photos, addresses, details, life background. Ghoulish gutter journalism.

Comment

She's the only one who's called around to me, 3 times in the last 4 years. Seems a very old fashioned way of passing time.
                                                        She called around again this morning. Unfortunately I was out the back cutting hedges and didn't hear the doorbell.

Comment

Comment

She called around again this morning. Unfortunately I was out the back cutting hedges and didn't hear the doorbell.
                                                            finally got a cavasser today - Deirdre Heney (FF). Could stand to lose a couple of stones.

"oh, Fianna Fail. Won't be any votes for you in this house"

"Why not?"

"we remember what you did last time"

She actually looked quite pissed off. Would have thought a thick skin was a prerequisite...

Comment

Code:
                                                              delete from prod.carddetails
                                                              where len(CardName)>1
                                                              fuck my fucking life.

Happy friday

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                Code:
                                                                delete from prod.carddetails
                                                                where len(CardName)>1
                                                                fuck my fucking life.

Happy friday
                                                                Did you try turning it off and on again? Usually works for me.

Comment

A hidden life

visually stunning. this is almost a silent movie with background noise and voiceovers. at 3 hours long it's a handful but i thought it was superb, and incredibly tender, and the contrast between his 2 worlds is heartbreaking.

Great film and most likely a marmite film, you'll either love it or hate it.

8/10

Dark waters

small town vs big chemical company drama, although very formulaic is still quite an enjoyable watch.

6/10

Comment

Kung Flu has the markets spooked. UK confirmed cases should increase the hysteria here.
                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      A hidden life

visually stunning. this is almost a silent movie with background noise and voiceovers. at 3 hours long it's a handful but i thought it was superb, and incredibly tender, and the contrast between his 2 worlds is heartbreaking.

Great film and most likely a marmite film, you'll either love it or hate it.

8/10

Dark waters

small town vs big chemical company drama, although very formulaic is still quite an enjoyable watch.

6/10
                                                                      I have never read such a review that will ensure I will never watch the film before
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Speaking of sleep.

95% of the time once I decide I want to sleep it takes 5 mins to nod off.

the other 5% though, I feel and hear everything. Itches, grumbles, sounds. It's incredibly annoying, the fact its so annoying means I stress and then can't sleep further propagating the cycle.

Wonder what triggers that.
                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Speaking of sleep.

the other 5% though, I feel and hear everything. Itches, grumbles, sounds. It's incredibly annoying, the fact its so annoying means I stress and then can't sleep further propagating the cycle.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                            Kung Flu has the markets spooked. UK confirmed cases should increase the hysteria here.

Maybe I'm hysterical but I am somewhat spooked myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                              Speaking of sleep.

Av a wank.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                I have never read such a review that will ensure I will never watch the film before
                                                                                Terence malik does that a lot

Comment

...

Comment

I showed this to the WHO and they've downgraded the risk to 'ah don't worry about it ' .

Comment

Actual flu kills about 400k people per year. This will blow over and be a memory in 6 months.

Comment

Opened a large tin of Machons de Canard (confit of duck wings), roasted some spuds with the ensuing fat and a bit of bittered spinach on the side. Washed down with suitable wine.

Jaysis, some feed. Can hardly look the cheese in the face now.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                          Actual flu kills about 400k people per year. This will blow over and be a memory in 6 months.
                                                                                          I hope so. Already booked tix for Vietnam this summer.

Comment

Jaysus Galfond is getting murdered in that challenge. Down almost 1bb per hand over 5.5k hands

Comment

LOL 'Merica

Comment

So the world is fucked but I just got engaged

Comment

Opened a large tin of Machons de Canard (confit of duck wings), roasted some spuds with the ensuing fat and a bit of bittered spinach on the side. Washed down with suitable wine.

Jaysis, some feed. Can hardly look the cheese in the face now.

SPOILER
                                                                                                  ...Any chance this is in Dublin?...Never heard if wings in a tin, and love duck wings...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                    ...Any chance this is in Dublin?...Never heard if wings in a tin, and love duck wings...
                                                                                                    Nah, it's posh French chicken in a tin.

Comment

Chicken/duck/frogs/snake. who cares.

Comment

If it's not been obvious, Friday is my drink nite.

Comment

Still bothers me that there's an odd number of days in a week.

Comment

Any free tickets for the Sco/Ire match tomorrow? Can just about make the bus fare

Comment

Lol watching the Sky News coverage! Everytime I begin to feel some small level of sympathy for them its quickly eroded by their ignorance, arrogance and downright Kuntism!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                So the world is fucked but I just got engaged
                                                                                                                Congratulations, best of luck to ye. Enjoy.

Comment

A lot of my anti engerland posts have been tongue in cheek but their celebration of todays departure and the aged Jacks guffawing away on camera in Celebration of Britannia rise and return of control is beyond belief . It's stunningly immature and in terms of prosperity it's comically premature.

The squeaky wheel has come loose and is rolling towards the cliff. Fk off with ye.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                    Lol watching the Sky News coverage! Everytime I begin to feel some small level of sympathy for them its quickly eroded by their ignorance, arrogance and downright Kuntism!
                                                                                                                    Er you probably said it better.

Comment

I'm sure Tubridy is lovely but fuck me Tubridy is a fucking gowl

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X